Christmas at the Disneyland Resort
November 12, 2013 - January 5, 2014
Celebrate the Holidays at the
- Disneyland Park
- Disney California Adventure
- Resorts Hotels and Downtown Disney
- Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
- Candlelight Processional
This park icon is covered in freshly fallen 'snow.' The sparkling towers and turrets are a great backdrop for photos during the day and at night, the Disney magic begins.
Twilight brings the start of 'When you Wish'. You'll hear the wind blowing and hear a little child wishing for snow. The mother responds with 'in order for your wishes to come true, you must believe.' With that, snow flurries fill the air and the castle begins to glisten.
Later in the evening is the "Believe...in Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular." As the child again wishes for snow, magic and icicles, the snow falls again and Sleeping Beauty Castle becomes more illuminated. The grand finale follows the "When you Believe" fireworks. As 'White Christmas' is performed, icicles appear on the castle as snow falls on Main Street, New Orlean's Square, small world mall and the snow on the castle becomes a jewel like display.
Other favorite traditions are back at Disneyland Park. There's the 60 foot Christmas Tree located in Town Square and the streets are trimmed with garland and wreaths with special events throughout the parks. Children will love decorating cookies on Main Street and New Orleans Square . The cast of Characters are ready for Christmas and are sure to bring holiday cheer.
Believe….In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular
Click Here for Photos
During the Holidays, Disneyland’s spectacular Holiday Fireworks show ends with a White Christmas as snow start to fall on Main Street U.S.A, New Orleans Square and it’s a small world.
Starting in 2012, experience Believe...in Holiday Magic a whole new way with Glow with the Show!
When your glowing Mickey Ears blink red and green to the "Nutcracker Suite" or glow white during "White Christmas", you become part of the performance.
Haunted Mansion Holiday
‘it’s a small world holiday’
Decorated with 300,000 dazzling lights especially for the holidays, this popular Disneyland attraction transforms into an international celebration of Christmas. Join in as ‘Jingle Bells’ is performed in many languages.
‘A Christmas Fantasy Parade’
Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
Candlelight Processional Extended!
For 2012, the Candlelight Processional was extended to 20 nights! For the first two nights, seating will be by invitation only. For the remaining nights, seating was available to Annual Passholders via a sweepstakes.
This Disneyland holiday tradition takes place on Main Street U.S.A. and features a full Orchestra, Christmas Tree Chorus performing renditions of traditional Christmas songs and a retelling of the Christmas Story by a celebrity narrator.
The Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
Guests are treated to an exclusive tour of Disneyland Park all decked out for the "Merriest Christmas on Earth". Tour includes exclusive collectable items, priority boarding on special holiday themed attractions and VIP seating for Disney's "A Christmas Fantasy" parade.
Click Here for Photos
The "Jingle Jangle Jamboree" is located in the Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland. Join Santa and Mrs. Claus for Christmas ‘Western Style’. Characters, crafts, and games, plus music by Billy Hill and the Holiday Hillbillies make this a Disneyland Holiday must see for the children in your family. Make sure your little ones have that list ready for Santa!
Celebrate Christmas, California style at Disney California Adventure from mid-November through early January. Guests will be treated to a splash of California Christmas including the return of oversized decorations in "a bug's land".
Vintage-style ornaments and the Community Bell Ringers will be featured on Buena Vista Street. A large christmas tree will be placed in the plaza near Carthay Circle.
In Cars Land, the residents are decorating as only the "Cars" characters could.
Phineas and Ferb's Rockin' Rollin' Dance Party: Holiday Edition
Phineas and Ferb's holiday dance party returns this year to the area between The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Paradise Park..
Mad T Party
The Mad T Party will rock the night with wintertime fun in Hollywood Land with special edition tokens at the Mad Arcade, holiday hits from the Mad T Party Band and White Rabbit DJ, and a bit of snowfall to round out the party.
Elias & Co.
The department store is going all out to create a winter wonderland for the arrival of Santa Claus.
All three Disneyland Resort Hotels and the Downtown Disney District will spruce up for the holidays including visits from Santa, strolling carolers and live entertainment. Downtown Disney is the perfect place to all of your shopping needs.
The Downtown Disney area between the AMC 12 Theatres and the ESPN Zone has turned into an ice rink where guests can skate right into the world of Tinker Bell. Surrounding the rink is a holiday village, with themed chalets where guest can purchase seasonal foods and merchandise.
Skates are available for rent, and helmets are provided and required for safety.
- VIDEO: Disney Beyond The Parks - Producing the Aulani Live Show - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/beyondtheparks/#hawaii to view the full DIS Unplugged show from Aulani in Hawaii. For the latest updates on our trip to Aulani and Hawaii, visit http://new.livestream.com/TheDIS/aulani Join the DIS Team as we explore Disney beyond the parks, starting with Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii!
- Southern California CityPass price increase June 3rd - Beginning June 3rd, the price for the Southern California CityPass will increase. Adults will be $319, children will be $279. Attractions will remain the same. Passes purchased prior to June 3rd are valid through January 4th.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- HalloweenTime at Disneyland begins September 13! - HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort, including Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, begins September 13, 2013. Mickey's Halloween Party begins September 30, 2013.
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer - Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy - Annual Passholders are invited to learn to draw a classic Disney character and hear behind-the scenes stores from Disney Animator Eric Goldberg. The event will be held at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm in the Disney Animation building at Disney California Adventure. Passholders must register in person the day of the event.
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection - In celebration of the new "Happiest Hipster on Earth" collection, Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery will be hosting a Cocktail Reception featuring an artist signing opportunity with Jerrod Maruyama. Tickets go on sale May 21st.
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely! - The new Disneyland Resort policy requiring a credit card for reservations at Disney owned restaurants that was to go in effect soon has been delayed indefinitely.
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show - Disneyland's Summer Fireworks, Magical, now incorporates the Glow with the Show ears. Also on select days, guests wearing them can access a special viewing area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/ for more information on the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
California agency reduces violations and associated fines that came as a result of April 13th closure of three major attractions.
- Space Mountain reopens at Disneyland
After a safety-related closure, Space Mountain is back open.
- Disney contractor fined by Cal-OSHA
A Disney contractor was fined in relation to the incident in November where a worker fell from the roof of Space Mountain.
- Updated: 3 Major attractions suddenly closed at Disneyland
Several major attractions closed at the Disneyland Resort.
- No more free coffee refills on Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A.
Market House at Disneyland will not offer free coffee refills after it changes into a Starbucks this fall.