Christmas at the Disneyland Resort
November 13, 2014 - January 6, 2015
Celebrate the Holidays at the
- Disneyland Park
- Disney California Adventure
- Resorts Hotels and Downtown Disney
- Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
- Candlelight Processional
This park icon is covered in freshly fallen 'snow.' The sparkling towers and turrets are a great backdrop for photos during the day and at night, the Disney magic begins.
Twilight brings the start of 'When you Wish'. You'll hear the wind blowing and hear a little child wishing for snow. The mother responds with 'in order for your wishes to come true, you must believe.' With that, snow flurries fill the air and the castle begins to glisten.
Later in the evening is the "Believe...in Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular." As the child again wishes for snow, magic and icicles, the snow falls again and Sleeping Beauty Castle becomes more illuminated. The grand finale follows the "When you Believe" fireworks. As 'White Christmas' is performed, icicles appear on the castle as snow falls on Main Street, New Orlean's Square, small world mall and the snow on the castle becomes a jewel like display.
Other favorite traditions are back at Disneyland Park. There's the 60 foot Christmas Tree located in Town Square and the streets are trimmed with garland and wreaths with special events throughout the parks. Children will love decorating cookies on Main Street and New Orleans Square . The cast of Characters are ready for Christmas and are sure to bring holiday cheer.
Believe….In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular
Click Here for Photos
During the Holidays, Disneyland’s spectacular Holiday Fireworks show ends with a White Christmas as snow start to fall on Main Street U.S.A, New Orleans Square and it’s a small world.
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Holiday Clock Show
Tthe facade of "it's a small world" lights up with projections. Using advanced 3D projection technology, the entire attraction is transformed into an enormous clockwork mechanism. Every quarter hour, the gears and springs pull back to reveal a world of holiday wonders hidden behind the clock, from an incredible toy factory to a gingerbread house that builds itself.
Decorated with 300,000 dazzling lights especially for the holidays, this popular Disneyland attraction transforms into an international celebration of Christmas. Join in as ‘Jingle Bells’ is performed in many languages.
In this seasonal storyline of the Jungle Cruise, the Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they’ve added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they’ve created themselves). The Skippers have also added a slew of new jokes to their tours that are the perfect way to get guests in the holiday spirit. Additionally, Jungle Cruise boats have been renamed with the holidays in mind, and if guests listen carefully, they may hear a holiday-themed radio broadcast playing in the background.
‘A Christmas Fantasy Parade’
Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
This Disneyland holiday tradition takes place on Main Street U.S.A. and features a full Orchestra, Christmas Tree Chorus performing renditions of traditional Christmas songs and a retelling of the Christmas Story by a celebrity narrator.
The Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
Guests are treated to an exclusive tour of Disneyland Park all decked out for the "Merriest Christmas on Earth". Tour includes exclusive collectable items, priority boarding on special holiday themed attractions and VIP seating for Disney's "A Christmas Fantasy" parade.
Click Here for Photos
The "Jingle Jangle Jamboree" is located in the Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland. Join Santa and Mrs. Claus for Christmas ‘Western Style’. Characters, crafts, and games, and music make this a Disneyland Holiday must see for the children in your family. Make sure your little ones have that list ready for Santa!
Celebrate Christmas, California style at Disney California Adventure from mid-November through early January. Guests will be treated to a splash of California Christmas including the return of oversized decorations in "a bug's land".
Vintage-style ornaments and the Community Bell Ringers will be featured on Buena Vista Street. A large christmas tree will be placed in the plaza near Carthay Circle.
In Cars Land, the residents are decorating as only the "Cars" characters could.
World of Color - Winter Dreams will feature all your favorite Disney classics celebrating the magic of Winter and will be hosted by Olaf, the snowman from the upcoming animated feature, "Frozen".
Guests will follow Olaf through dreamlike segments that
-Snow - a breathtaking ride through winter
-Glow - a festive exploration of light
-Enchantment - a Toy Story version of The Nutcracker
-Spirit - a joyous sing-a-long
-Merry & Bright - a fantasmic finale that features holiday light
The Paradise Gardens area of the park will come to life with festive music, vibrant colors, jubilant dancing, character appearances, delicious food and fun activities for the whole family.
Several times each day, a high-energy street party will take over Paradise Gardens led by the Three Caballeros, along with musicians, dancers, 12-foot-tall majiganga puppets, plus Mickey, Minnie and Santa & Mrs. Claus.
Phineas and Ferb's Rockin' Rollin' Dance Party: Holiday Edition
Phineas and Ferb's holiday dance party returns this year to the area between The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Paradise Park..
Mad T Party
The Mad T Party will rock the night with wintertime fun in Hollywood Land with special edition tokens at the Mad Arcade, holiday hits from the Mad T Party Band and White Rabbit DJ, and a bit of snowfall to round out the party.
Elias & Co.
The department store is going all out to create a winter wonderland for the arrival of Santa Claus.
All three Disneyland Resort Hotels and the Downtown Disney District will spruce up for the holidays including visits from Santa, strolling carolers and live entertainment. Downtown Disney is the perfect place to all of your shopping needs.
The Downtown Disney area between the AMC 12 Theatres and the ESPN Zone has turned into Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink, inspired by "Frozen". Surrounding the rink is a holiday village, with themed chalets where guest can purchase seasonal gifts, plus a 30-foot tall Christmas tree.
Skates are available for rent, and helmets are provided and required for safety. Operating hours are 3:00pm-10:30pm Monday through Thursday and 3:00pm-11:30pm Friday through Sunday.
- Top 5 Dining Experiences at the Disneyland Resort - Here are what I feel (at this particular moment) are the top dining experiences at the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - SpringHill Suites
- Blog - Christmas at Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Discount is available most nights 4/6 - 6/15/15.
- Mad T Party at California Adventure ends November 30th - Mad T Party will have its final performance on 11/30/14. No word yet on what will replace it.
- Top 5(+) things that are better at Walt Disney World than at Disneyland - Bigger may not always be better, but isn't always worse either. I can't resist countering with an article that lists, in my view, the things that are better at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - Hyatt Place
- Blog - Jingle Cruise: a Better and Funnier Voyage in 2014
- Blog - Disney's Second Try at World of Color: Winter Dreams feels more Disney
- Blog - The Wreaths of Disneyland's Small World Holiday
- Top 5 things that are better at Disneyland than at Walt Disney World - Bigger isn't always better and while Walt Disney's original theme park is smaller, it still has the advantage over its East-coast counterpart in a few key areas.
- My favorite bathrooms in California Adventure - Being a newer park, the facilities are better thought out and larger. Still, you do have options..... Let's take a look at the bathrooms of DCA.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/10/14
- Free breakfast offer for length of stay at Aulani - This offer must be booked by December 18.
- Blog - Frozen Ice Palace Debuts at Malls Across the Country
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Aulani plans Thanksgiving feast - Celebrate the holiday in the Kaiona Ballroom. The menu will include traditional Thanksgiving favorites with an island twist.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/03/14
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Conjure A Villain at Disneyland Park - During Halloween Time at Disneyland Park, you can conjure a villain to meet back in the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch. You never know what villain you are going to get!
- VIDEO: Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade 2014 - Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade is the special parade that takes place during Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park.
- VIDEO: Cadaver Dans sing "Headless Horseman" on the Rivers of America - During Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park, the Dapper Dans transform into the Cadaver Dans and move their act from Main Street USA to the Rivers of America to perform some Halloween-themed numbers including this version of "Headless Horseman" from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" animated Disney film.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - New Orleans Square - Rivers of America - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at New Orleans Square - Rivers of America
- Blog - Mickey's Halloween Party vs. Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- My favorite bathrooms in Disneyland Park - What makes a good bathroom? Is it clean? Is it busy? How big is it? How crowded is it?
- VIDEO: 2014 Mickey's Halloween Party Overview - Mickey's Halloween Party is the yearly event that brings the spookiest holiday of them all to Disneyland Park.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
- Schedule for handmade candy canes at Disneyland
Candy cane-making season begins November 28.