Christmas at the Disneyland Resort
November 12, 2013 - January 6, 2014
Celebrate the Holidays at the
- Disneyland Park
- Disney California Adventure
- Resorts Hotels and Downtown Disney
- Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
- Candlelight Processional
This park icon is covered in freshly fallen 'snow.' The sparkling towers and turrets are a great backdrop for photos during the day and at night, the Disney magic begins.
Twilight brings the start of 'When you Wish'. You'll hear the wind blowing and hear a little child wishing for snow. The mother responds with 'in order for your wishes to come true, you must believe.' With that, snow flurries fill the air and the castle begins to glisten.
Later in the evening is the "Believe...in Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular." As the child again wishes for snow, magic and icicles, the snow falls again and Sleeping Beauty Castle becomes more illuminated. The grand finale follows the "When you Believe" fireworks. As 'White Christmas' is performed, icicles appear on the castle as snow falls on Main Street, New Orlean's Square, small world mall and the snow on the castle becomes a jewel like display.
Other favorite traditions are back at Disneyland Park. There's the 60 foot Christmas Tree located in Town Square and the streets are trimmed with garland and wreaths with special events throughout the parks. Children will love decorating cookies on Main Street and New Orleans Square . The cast of Characters are ready for Christmas and are sure to bring holiday cheer.
Believe….In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular
Click Here for Photos
During the Holidays, Disneyland’s spectacular Holiday Fireworks show ends with a White Christmas as snow start to fall on Main Street U.S.A, New Orleans Square and it’s a small world.
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Holiday Clock Show
Tthe facade of "it's a small world" lights up with projections. Using advanced 3D projection technology, the entire attraction is transformed into an enormous clockwork mechanism. Every quarter hour, the gears and springs pull back to reveal a world of holiday wonders hidden behind the clock, from an incredible toy factory to a gingerbread house that builds itself.
Decorated with 300,000 dazzling lights especially for the holidays, this popular Disneyland attraction transforms into an international celebration of Christmas. Join in as ‘Jingle Bells’ is performed in many languages.
In this new seasonal storyline of the Jungle Cruise, the Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they’ve added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they’ve created themselves). The Skippers have also added a slew of new jokes to their tours that are the perfect way to get guests in the holiday spirit. Additionally, Jungle Cruise boats have been renamed with the holidays in mind, and if guests listen carefully, they may hear a holiday-themed radio broadcast playing in the background.
‘A Christmas Fantasy Parade’
Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
This Disneyland holiday tradition takes place on Main Street U.S.A. and features a full Orchestra, Christmas Tree Chorus performing renditions of traditional Christmas songs and a retelling of the Christmas Story by a celebrity narrator.
The Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour
Guests are treated to an exclusive tour of Disneyland Park all decked out for the "Merriest Christmas on Earth". Tour includes exclusive collectable items, priority boarding on special holiday themed attractions and VIP seating for Disney's "A Christmas Fantasy" parade.
Click Here for Photos
The "Jingle Jangle Jamboree" is located in the Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland. Join Santa and Mrs. Claus for Christmas ‘Western Style’. Characters, crafts, and games, plus music by Billy Hill and the Holiday Hillbillies make this a Disneyland Holiday must see for the children in your family. Make sure your little ones have that list ready for Santa!
Celebrate Christmas, California style at Disney California Adventure from mid-November through early January. Guests will be treated to a splash of California Christmas including the return of oversized decorations in "a bug's land".
Vintage-style ornaments and the Community Bell Ringers will be featured on Buena Vista Street. A large christmas tree will be placed in the plaza near Carthay Circle.
In Cars Land, the residents are decorating as only the "Cars" characters could.
World of Color - Winter Dreams will feature all your favorite Disney classics celebrating the magic of Winter and will be hosted by Olaf, the snowman from the upcoming animated feature, "Frozen".
Guests will follow Olaf through dreamlike segments that
-Snow - a breathtaking ride through winter
-Glow - a festive exploration of light
-Enchantment - a Toy Story version of The Nutcracker
-Spirit - a joyous sing-a-long
-Merry & Bright - a fantasmic finale that features holiday light
The opening segment features an original song performed by a 150 member virtual choir, brought together through technology.
The Paradise Gardens area of the park will come to life with festive music, vibrant colors, jubilant dancing, character appearances, delicious food and fun activities for the whole family.
Several times each day, a high-energy street party will take over Paradise Gardens led by the Three Caballeros, along with musicians, dancers, 12-foot-tall majiganga puppets, plus Mickey, Minnie and Santa & Mrs. Claus.
Phineas and Ferb's Rockin' Rollin' Dance Party: Holiday Edition
Phineas and Ferb's holiday dance party returns this year to the area between The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Paradise Park..
Mad T Party
The Mad T Party will rock the night with wintertime fun in Hollywood Land with special edition tokens at the Mad Arcade, holiday hits from the Mad T Party Band and White Rabbit DJ, and a bit of snowfall to round out the party.
Elias & Co.
The department store is going all out to create a winter wonderland for the arrival of Santa Claus.
All three Disneyland Resort Hotels and the Downtown Disney District will spruce up for the holidays including visits from Santa, strolling carolers and live entertainment. Downtown Disney is the perfect place to all of your shopping needs.
The Downtown Disney area between the AMC 12 Theatres and the ESPN Zone has turned into Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink, inspired by "Frozen". Surrounding the rink is a holiday village, with themed chalets where guest can purchase seasonal gifts, plus a 30-foot tall Christmas tree.
Skates are available for rent, and helmets are provided and required for safety. Operating hours are 3:00pm-10:30pm Monday through Thursday and 3:00pm-11:30pm Friday through Sunday.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.
- New packet policy at runDisney events
RunDisney has changed their policy and will require runners to pick up their own packets and bibs.