Southern California offers a variety of Airport options that are close to Disneyland and other Southern California attractions. For the budget minded, LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) typically offers the lowest fares however there is a lot to be said for the convenience of flying into Santa Ana (John Wayne Airport). Whichever you chose Disneyland it less than an hour away (unless you encounter a notorious LA traffic jam).
- Burbank "Bob Hope" Airport (BUR)
The airport is the closest to Hollywood, the Valley and downtown L.A.
2627 N. Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
Near N. Hollywood and Thorton
Web Site http://www.burbankairport.com
Car rental counters are located in Terminal B. Shuttles and cabs are available curbside in front of the terminal.
Transportation example: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $66 for the first passenger, $9 for each additional passenger.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
18601 Airport Way
Costa Mesa, CA 92707
Near MacArthur and 405 FWY.
Web site http://www.ocair.com/
Shuttles, Airport Bus, taxis, & rental cars-follow signs to the "Ground Transportation" located between the two terminals.
Transportation examples: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $10 per passenger. Disneyland Resort Express (by GrayLine) is $17 per passenger one-way or $27 round trip.
- Long Beach Airport "Kilroy Airport" (LGB)
4100 E. Donald Douglas Drive
Long Beach, CA 90808
Located Near Lakewood Blvd. and Donald Douglas Dr.
Web site: http://www.lgb.org/
The Airport Ground Transportation Center is located directly across from the terminal building.
Transportation example: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $35 for the first passenger, $9 for each additional passenger.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
1 World Way
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Located Near Sepulveda Blvd. and Century Blvd.
Web Site: http://www.lawa.org/lax/laxframe.html
Ground transportation options at LAX, include rental cars, taxis, long-distance vans, door-to-door shuttle vans, direct-to-airport buses, public buses, the Metro Rail Green Line (light rail), and the Van Nuys FlyAway Bus.
Rental cars: Car rental agency desks are located
in the Baggage Claim area.
Taxicabs: Located at curb outside
Airport Shuttles/Airport Bus: Exit Baggage Claim to curb street exit. Once outside locate the Red sign for Shared Ride Shuttles (Supershuttle, LAXpress, Primetime, or the Green sign for Buses and Long Distance Vans, Airport Bus.
SuperShuttle - $16pp one way / $30pp round trip
Disneyland Resort Express (by GrayLine) - $22 adult, $19 child / round trip $32 adult, $25 child
Board outbound scheduled buses, shared ride and long distance vans, taxis, and hotel and rental car courtesy vans on the Lower/Arrival Level islands outside baggage claim in front of each terminal under the sign designating the particular transportation desired: Buses & Long Distance Vans, Shared Ride Vans, LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections, Rental Car Shuttles, Taxis, and Hotel & Parking Lot Shuttles (for privately operated parking lots).
Free shuttle service to the Metro Rail Green Line Aviation Station is available by waiting under the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections blue sign, and board the "G" Shuttle.
To reach a car parked in one of LAX's economy-rate perimeter parking lots (B and C), wait on the Lower/Arrival Level outside baggage claim under the blue sign LAX Shuttle and Airline Connection for either the "B" Shuttle or the "C" Shuttle. The shuttle buses run on a schedule every 12- to 15-minute. "C" Shuttle is used to get to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Bus Center, where you can board city buses serving the Los Angeles area. Information on city bus services is available by using the telephone on the Information Display Board in the baggage claim area in each terminal.
Taxis can be found curbside on the Lower level near baggage claim at the Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the yellow sign indicating Taxis. You will be presented a ticket stating typical fares to major destinations in the L.A. area. Only authorized taxis with an official seal issued by City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation on each vehicle are permitted in the airport.
There are 40 rental car companies that operate out of LAX, with vehicle rental sites located off the airport. Rental car companies provide phone links inside the Lower/Arrival Level area near baggage claim to request a shuttle pick up to reach the rental car sites.
Listed below are rental car companies that are permitted to pick-up and drop-off directly from the airline terminals using courtesy shuttles.
Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, Fox/Payless, National, Thrifty
The above companies meet arriving customers
under the purple sign "Rental Car Shuttles" on
the Lower/Arrival level islands outside
Customers of other rental car companies must contact their rental car companies of choice using the Ground Transportation boards telephone located in the baggage claim areas of each terminal to arrange for pick-up.
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
2900 E Airport Drive
Ontario, CA 91761
Near Archibald Ave. and East Airport Dr.
Web Site: http://www.lawa.org/ont/ontframe.html
Taxi service is located at the curbs outside of baggage claim.
- San Diego International Airport "Lindbergh Field" (SAN)
3665 N. Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Near Harbor Dr. and Hawthorne St.
For Car Rentals, use the courtesy phones near baggage claim.
- Southern California CityPass price increase June 3rd - Beginning June 3rd, the price for the Southern California CityPass will increase. Adults will be $319, children will be $279. Attractions will remain the same. Passes purchased prior to June 3rd are valid through January 4th.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- HalloweenTime at Disneyland begins September 13! - HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort, including Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, begins September 13, 2013. Mickey's Halloween Party begins September 30, 2013.
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer - Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy - Annual Passholders are invited to learn to draw a classic Disney character and hear behind-the scenes stores from Disney Animator Eric Goldberg. The event will be held at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm in the Disney Animation building at Disney California Adventure. Passholders must register in person the day of the event.
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection - In celebration of the new "Happiest Hipster on Earth" collection, Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery will be hosting a Cocktail Reception featuring an artist signing opportunity with Jerrod Maruyama. Tickets go on sale May 21st.
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely! - The new Disneyland Resort policy requiring a credit card for reservations at Disney owned restaurants that was to go in effect soon has been delayed indefinitely.
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show - Disneyland's Summer Fireworks, Magical, now incorporates the Glow with the Show ears. Also on select days, guests wearing them can access a special viewing area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/ for more information on the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
California agency reduces violations and associated fines that came as a result of April 13th closure of three major attractions.
- Space Mountain reopens at Disneyland
After a safety-related closure, Space Mountain is back open.
- Disney contractor fined by Cal-OSHA
A Disney contractor was fined in relation to the incident in November where a worker fell from the roof of Space Mountain.
- Updated: 3 Major attractions suddenly closed at Disneyland
Several major attractions closed at the Disneyland Resort.
- No more free coffee refills on Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A.
Market House at Disneyland will not offer free coffee refills after it changes into a Starbucks this fall.