Southern California offers a variety of Airport options that are close to Disneyland and other Southern California attractions. For the budget minded, LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) typically offers the lowest fares however there is a lot to be said for the convenience of flying into Santa Ana (John Wayne Airport). Whichever you chose Disneyland it less than an hour away (unless you encounter a notorious LA traffic jam).
- Burbank "Bob Hope" Airport (BUR)
The airport is the closest to Hollywood, the Valley and downtown L.A.
2627 N. Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
Near N. Hollywood and Thorton
Web Site http://www.burbankairport.com
Car rental counters are located in Terminal B. Shuttles and cabs are available curbside in front of the terminal.
Transportation example: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $66 for the first passenger, $9 for each additional passenger.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
18601 Airport Way
Costa Mesa, CA 92707
Near MacArthur and 405 FWY.
Web site http://www.ocair.com/
Shuttles, Airport Bus, taxis, & rental cars-follow signs to the "Ground Transportation" located between the two terminals.
Transportation examples: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $10 per passenger. Disneyland Resort Express (by GrayLine) is $17 per passenger one-way or $27 round trip.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
4100 E. Donald Douglas Drive
Long Beach, CA 90808
Located Near Lakewood Blvd. and Donald Douglas Dr.
Web site: http://www.lgb.org/
The Airport Ground Transportation Center is located directly across from the terminal building.
Transportation example: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $35 for the first passenger, $9 for each additional passenger.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
1 World Way
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Located Near Sepulveda Blvd. and Century Blvd.
Web Site: http://www.lawa.org/lax/laxframe.html
Ground transportation options at LAX, include rental cars, taxis, long-distance vans, door-to-door shuttle vans, direct-to-airport buses, public buses, the Metro Rail Green Line (light rail), and the Van Nuys FlyAway Bus.
Rental cars: Car rental agency desks are located
in the Baggage Claim area.
Taxicabs: Located at curb outside
Airport Shuttles/Airport Bus: Exit Baggage Claim to curb street exit. Once outside locate the Red sign for Shared Ride Shuttles (Supershuttle, LAXpress, Primetime, or the Green sign for Buses and Long Distance Vans, Airport Bus.
SuperShuttle - $16pp one way / $30pp round trip
Disneyland Resort Express (by GrayLine) - $22 adult, $19 child / round trip $32 adult, $25 child
Board outbound scheduled buses, shared ride and long distance vans, taxis, and hotel and rental car courtesy vans on the Lower/Arrival Level islands outside baggage claim in front of each terminal under the sign designating the particular transportation desired: Buses & Long Distance Vans, Shared Ride Vans, LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections, Rental Car Shuttles, Taxis, and Hotel & Parking Lot Shuttles (for privately operated parking lots).
Free shuttle service to the Metro Rail Green Line Aviation Station is available by waiting under the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections blue sign, and board the "G" Shuttle.
To reach a car parked in one of LAX's economy-rate perimeter parking lots (B and C), wait on the Lower/Arrival Level outside baggage claim under the blue sign LAX Shuttle and Airline Connection for either the "B" Shuttle or the "C" Shuttle. The shuttle buses run on a schedule every 12- to 15-minute. "C" Shuttle is used to get to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Bus Center, where you can board city buses serving the Los Angeles area. Information on city bus services is available by using the telephone on the Information Display Board in the baggage claim area in each terminal.
Taxis can be found curbside on the Lower level near baggage claim at the Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the yellow sign indicating Taxis. You will be presented a ticket stating typical fares to major destinations in the L.A. area. Only authorized taxis with an official seal issued by City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation on each vehicle are permitted in the airport.
There are 40 rental car companies that operate out of LAX, with vehicle rental sites located off the airport. Rental car companies provide phone links inside the Lower/Arrival Level area near baggage claim to request a shuttle pick up to reach the rental car sites.
Listed below are rental car companies that are permitted to pick-up and drop-off directly from the airline terminals using courtesy shuttles.
Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, Fox/Payless, National, Thrifty
The above companies meet arriving customers
under the purple sign "Rental Car Shuttles" on
the Lower/Arrival level islands outside
Customers of other rental car companies must contact their rental car companies of choice using the Ground Transportation boards telephone located in the baggage claim areas of each terminal to arrange for pick-up.
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
2900 E Airport Drive
Ontario, CA 91761
Near Archibald Ave. and East Airport Dr.
Web Site: http://www.lawa.org/ont/ontframe.html
Taxi service is located at the curbs outside of baggage claim.
- San Diego International Airport "Lindbergh Field" (SAN)
3665 N. Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Near Harbor Dr. and Hawthorne St.
For Car Rentals, use the courtesy phones near baggage claim.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Fall Discount Offer - Book a 3-night Disneyland Resort Package at a Good Neighbor Hotel for as little as $89 per person per night.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Camelot Inn
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/11/14
- Happy 45th Birthday to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion! - This New Orleans Square attraction opened on August 9, 1969.
- Tickets for Knott's Scary Farm now on sale - Tickets are now on sale for Knott's Berry Farm's annual Halloween Celebration.
- Free Vinylmation with Disneyland Vacation Package - Book a vacation package to the Disneyland Resort this fall and receive a special Vinylmation figure inspired by Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
- D23 announces ticket pricing for D23 Expo 2015 - Tickets go on sale August 14th, 2014 (one year in advance) for the D23 Expo 2015 in Anaheim. Early Bird pricing is good through the end of the year.
- Guardians of the Galaxy print at Disneyland's Pizza Port - Spend $30 or more at Pizza Port and receive an exclusive Guardians of the Galaxy print, while supplies last.
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend adds Pixie Dust Challenge - The Pixie Dust Challenge has been added for runners who take on both the Tinker Bell 10K and the Tinker Bell Half Marathon.
- Save 20% on a room only reservation at Disneyland hotels - Book a premium room at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, Disneyland Hotel or Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and save 20%. Save 15% on a standard room.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party tickets now on sale to the general public. - This event runs September 12-October 31, 2014.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.