Southern California offers a variety of Airport options that are close to Disneyland and other Southern California attractions. For the budget minded, LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) typically offers the lowest fares however there is a lot to be said for the convenience of flying into Santa Ana (John Wayne Airport). Whichever you chose Disneyland it less than an hour away (unless you encounter a notorious LA traffic jam).
- Burbank "Bob Hope" Airport (BUR)
The airport is the closest to Hollywood, the Valley and downtown L.A.
2627 N. Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
Near N. Hollywood and Thorton
Web Site http://www.burbankairport.com
Car rental counters are located in Terminal B. Shuttles and cabs are available curbside in front of the terminal.
Transportation example: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $66 for the first passenger, $9 for each additional passenger.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
18601 Airport Way
Costa Mesa, CA 92707
Near MacArthur and 405 FWY.
Web site http://www.ocair.com/
Shuttles, Airport Bus, taxis, & rental cars-follow signs to the "Ground Transportation" located between the two terminals.
Transportation examples: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $10 per passenger. Disneyland Resort Express (by GrayLine) is $17 per passenger one-way or $27 round trip.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
4100 E. Donald Douglas Drive
Long Beach, CA 90808
Located Near Lakewood Blvd. and Donald Douglas Dr.
Web site: http://www.lgb.org/
The Airport Ground Transportation Center is located directly across from the terminal building.
Transportation example: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $35 for the first passenger, $9 for each additional passenger.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
1 World Way
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Located Near Sepulveda Blvd. and Century Blvd.
Web Site: http://www.lawa.org/lax/laxframe.html
Ground transportation options at LAX, include rental cars, taxis, long-distance vans, door-to-door shuttle vans, direct-to-airport buses, public buses, the Metro Rail Green Line (light rail), and the Van Nuys FlyAway Bus.
Rental cars: Car rental agency desks are located
in the Baggage Claim area.
Taxicabs: Located at curb outside
Airport Shuttles/Airport Bus: Exit Baggage Claim to curb street exit. Once outside locate the Red sign for Shared Ride Shuttles (Supershuttle, LAXpress, Primetime, or the Green sign for Buses and Long Distance Vans, Airport Bus.
SuperShuttle - $16pp one way / $30pp round trip
Disneyland Resort Express (by GrayLine) - $22 adult, $19 child / round trip $32 adult, $25 child
Board outbound scheduled buses, shared ride and long distance vans, taxis, and hotel and rental car courtesy vans on the Lower/Arrival Level islands outside baggage claim in front of each terminal under the sign designating the particular transportation desired: Buses & Long Distance Vans, Shared Ride Vans, LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections, Rental Car Shuttles, Taxis, and Hotel & Parking Lot Shuttles (for privately operated parking lots).
Free shuttle service to the Metro Rail Green Line Aviation Station is available by waiting under the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections blue sign, and board the "G" Shuttle.
To reach a car parked in one of LAX's economy-rate perimeter parking lots (B and C), wait on the Lower/Arrival Level outside baggage claim under the blue sign LAX Shuttle and Airline Connection for either the "B" Shuttle or the "C" Shuttle. The shuttle buses run on a schedule every 12- to 15-minute. "C" Shuttle is used to get to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Bus Center, where you can board city buses serving the Los Angeles area. Information on city bus services is available by using the telephone on the Information Display Board in the baggage claim area in each terminal.
Taxis can be found curbside on the Lower level near baggage claim at the Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the yellow sign indicating Taxis. You will be presented a ticket stating typical fares to major destinations in the L.A. area. Only authorized taxis with an official seal issued by City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation on each vehicle are permitted in the airport.
There are 40 rental car companies that operate out of LAX, with vehicle rental sites located off the airport. Rental car companies provide phone links inside the Lower/Arrival Level area near baggage claim to request a shuttle pick up to reach the rental car sites.
Listed below are rental car companies that are permitted to pick-up and drop-off directly from the airline terminals using courtesy shuttles.
Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, Fox/Payless, National, Thrifty
The above companies meet arriving customers
under the purple sign "Rental Car Shuttles" on
the Lower/Arrival level islands outside
Customers of other rental car companies must contact their rental car companies of choice using the Ground Transportation boards telephone located in the baggage claim areas of each terminal to arrange for pick-up.
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
2900 E Airport Drive
Ontario, CA 91761
Near Archibald Ave. and East Airport Dr.
Web Site: http://www.lawa.org/ont/ontframe.html
Taxi service is located at the curbs outside of baggage claim.
- San Diego International Airport "Lindbergh Field" (SAN)
3665 N. Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Near Harbor Dr. and Hawthorne St.
For Car Rentals, use the courtesy phones near baggage claim.
- Top 5 Dining Experiences at the Disneyland Resort - Here are what I feel (at this particular moment) are the top dining experiences at the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - SpringHill Suites
- Blog - Christmas at Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Discount is available most nights 4/6 - 6/15/15.
- Mad T Party at California Adventure ends November 30th - Mad T Party will have its final performance on 11/30/14. No word yet on what will replace it.
- Top 5(+) things that are better at Walt Disney World than at Disneyland - Bigger may not always be better, but isn't always worse either. I can't resist countering with an article that lists, in my view, the things that are better at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - Hyatt Place
- Blog - Jingle Cruise: a Better and Funnier Voyage in 2014
- Blog - Disney's Second Try at World of Color: Winter Dreams feels more Disney
- Blog - The Wreaths of Disneyland's Small World Holiday
- Top 5 things that are better at Disneyland than at Walt Disney World - Bigger isn't always better and while Walt Disney's original theme park is smaller, it still has the advantage over its East-coast counterpart in a few key areas.
- My favorite bathrooms in California Adventure - Being a newer park, the facilities are better thought out and larger. Still, you do have options..... Let's take a look at the bathrooms of DCA.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/10/14
- Free breakfast offer for length of stay at Aulani - This offer must be booked by December 18.
- Blog - Frozen Ice Palace Debuts at Malls Across the Country
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Aulani plans Thanksgiving feast - Celebrate the holiday in the Kaiona Ballroom. The menu will include traditional Thanksgiving favorites with an island twist.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/03/14
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Conjure A Villain at Disneyland Park - During Halloween Time at Disneyland Park, you can conjure a villain to meet back in the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch. You never know what villain you are going to get!
- VIDEO: Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade 2014 - Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade is the special parade that takes place during Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park.
- VIDEO: Cadaver Dans sing "Headless Horseman" on the Rivers of America - During Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park, the Dapper Dans transform into the Cadaver Dans and move their act from Main Street USA to the Rivers of America to perform some Halloween-themed numbers including this version of "Headless Horseman" from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" animated Disney film.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - New Orleans Square - Rivers of America - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at New Orleans Square - Rivers of America
- Blog - Mickey's Halloween Party vs. Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- My favorite bathrooms in Disneyland Park - What makes a good bathroom? Is it clean? Is it busy? How big is it? How crowded is it?
- VIDEO: 2014 Mickey's Halloween Party Overview - Mickey's Halloween Party is the yearly event that brings the spookiest holiday of them all to Disneyland Park.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
- Schedule for handmade candy canes at Disneyland
Candy cane-making season begins November 28.