Epcot - Future World
|Epcot Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
Experimental Prototype Community
Walt Disney envisioned Epcot as a real working city. As he stated "it will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems."
Walt Disney World's Epcot may not be what he initially proposed, but it has become a destination that he would be proud of. Featuring a World's Fair atmosphere, there are pavilions of countries representing nations from around the globe, as well as attractions featuring state of the art technology. With diverse entertainment, a tremendous selection of restaurants and beautiful gardens all centered around a glistening lagoon, it's a unique park where you're certain to find something for everyone to enjoy.
Epcot, the second theme park of Walt Disney World, opened on October 1, 1982. It covers 260 acres and is almost twice the size of the Magic Kingdom. The main entrance brings you into Future World. As it's name implies, this is where the latest technological offerings are located. Through a combination of hands-on activities and fantastic attractions, you'll find exhibits that focus on ocean life, the land and our environment, imagination, health, energy, communication, space exploration and transportation.
For a completely different experience, World Showcase features eleven countries encircling a lagoon. You'll be immersed in the culture of each country as you explore the shops and taste the cuisine. To add to the authenticity, the Cast Members are from the country represented and are happy to share their heritage with visitors.
FUN FOR KIDS AT EPCOT
There's a misconception about Epcot. Some think it's only for adults, but kids love it too. In Future World, there are fun filled hands on activities that will appeal to the junior set at Innoventions, Imagination and Mission Space. The junior set will have the best time at The Seas with Nemo and Friends.
A funny thing happens at Epcot. Kids think they're playing, while the grownups know that they're learning in the process.
There are two play fountains. One is near Test Track, the other is by the center walkway that connects the two sections of Epcot. The kids delight in "testing the water" not knowing if it's going to be a trickle or a deluge. It's a great way for them to cool off, but be sure that they're dressed appropriately or have a change of clothes as they can get saturated.
In World Showcase, there are "Kidcot" stations. The little ones are given a mask that they can decorate with a unique item from each station. These are free but you can also purchase a World Passport to bring to the various countries where they will be stamped. (An autograph book is fine to use as well.)
In each country, fairy tales come to life as the beloved characters from the different lands meet and greet visitors. You'll find Pinocchio in Italy, Aladdin in Morocco, Snow White in Germany and Belle and the Beast in France.
And finally, no Disney park is complete without an appearance by Mickey Mouse. Be sure to allow some time to visit the characters at the Character Connection in Future World.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW