|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
The Seas with Nemo and Friends Overview
Opened: January 24, 2007
Ride length: 4 minutes
As you approach "The Seas with Nemo and Friends," an oversized "reef" offers a great photo op. Nemo himself makes personal appearances and you may find that some of that coral is anything but stationary. You can hear "Mine, Mine, Mine" from a few of those pesky seagulls while entering. Mr. Ray, Bruce and Crush are among the featured characters that grace the entryway.
This attraction revolves around one of the largest saltwater aquariums in the world which was developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in consultation with some of the world's foremost oceanographic experts. With the focus on the "Finding Nemo" movie, there's a ride, terrific displays and interactive activities for all to enjoy.
This aquarium features over two hundred species of sea life including
dolphins, sharks, sea turtles, gliding rays and a 500 lb. Grouper, as
well as a rainbow of multi-colored tropical fish. The tank is 200 feet in
diameter, is 27 feet deep and the glass is 8 inches thick.
When you enter the building, the queue begins with a seashore setting that transitions to an underwater theme. With the use of special lighting it appears as if you're under the sea. Details include an overhead boat.
Once guests reach the boarding area, they're transported by "Clam-Mobiles", and join Mr. Ray on a field trip. As you can expect, Nemo goes missing and the pursuit begins.
Animation and puppetry combine to make this a fun filled trip into Nemo's world. You'll join Marlin and Dory as they go in pursuit of everyone's favorite clownfish. Through the use of amazing technology, it seems as if the stars from "Finding Nemo" are inside the 5.7 million gallon aquarium for the final sequences.
The musical finale features Nemo being reunited with his Dad and friends. All of the characters from "Finding Nemo" sing "Big Blue World" as they say goodbye. This attraction is not to be missed.
FUN FACT: This pavilion houses the second largest salt water tank in the world (5.7 million gallons). The tank is so large that it could hold the diameter of Spaceship Earth!
Handicapped Accessibility: Guests must be able to transfer from their wheelchairs/ECVs. Audio descriptions and handheld captioning are available.
After the ride, you're free to explore the rest of the pavilion as much as you want. For guests wishing to interact with the aquarium inhabitants, there are tours that you can schedule.
If you're looking for Nemo themed merchandise, this is the place to find it. T-shirts, plush, keychains, toys, you name it, they have it here.
This pavilion is also home to the Turtle Talk with Crush attraction.
"Bruce's Shark World" is another take on the Nemo theme. It's a new, fun way to learn more about sharks. If you like, you can take your photo either next to or in the mouth of Bruce.
You definitely get the feeling that you're in an underwater wreck. Kids really enjoy exploring this area, and the adults are certainly welcome to do some "fishing" of their own.
It's "totally awesome dude!"
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios