Epcot - The Seas with Nemo and Friends
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||SOARIN'|
|Captain EO||Test Track|
|Innoventions||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Shows and Events|
The Seas with Nemo and Friends Overview
Opened: January 24, 2007
Ride length: 4 minutes
"The Seas with Nemo and Friends" features the underwater stars from Finding Nemo. You can hear "Mine, Mine, Mine" from a few of those pesky seagulls while entering.
Mr. Ray, Bruce and Crush are among the featured characters that grace the entryway.
When you enter the building, the queue begins with a seashore setting that transitions to an underwater theme. With the use of special lighting it appears as if you're under the sea. Details include an overhead boat.
Once guests reach the boarding area, they're transported by "Clam-Mobiles", and join Mr. Ray on a field trip. As you can expect, Nemo goes missing and the pursuit begins.
Animation and puppetry combine to make this a fun filled trip into Nemo's world. You'll join Marlin and Dory as they go in pursuit of everyone's favorite clownfish. Through the use of amazing technology, it seems as if the stars from "Finding Nemo" are inside the 5.7 million gallon aquarium for the final sequences.
The musical finale features Nemo being reunited with his Dad and friends. All of the characters from "Finding Nemo" sing "Big Blue World" as they say goodbye. This attraction is not to be missed.
Handicapped Accessibility: ?Guests must be able to transfer from their wheelchairs/ECVs. Audio descriptions and handheld captioning are available.
"Turtle Talk with Crush" is fantastic. The Imagineers have created an amazing technology giving an animated version of Crush the ability to have real-time conversations with the audience.
You're ushered into a small theater. There are benches for the grownups to sit on, while children are encouraged to sit on the carpeted floor close to the screen.
A Cast Member hosts the session and it begins with everyone calling for Crush to appear. When he makes his entrance, he can "see" the audience. Crush makes comments about the "dude with the orange shell" (the color of the kid's shirt), when pointing out a child, much to their delight.
The children are encouraged to ask questions. In our session, we also played "hide-go-seek" and were taught "dude-speak." Since this is a live interactive chat, each visit is different.
Dory drops in. While she doesn't interact with the audience the way that Crush does, its a funny sequence of events that she sets off.
While the focus is on the kids, grownups will be just as enchanted by this attraction. It's incredible to watch, and Crush is amazing. Everyone leaves with a smile.
"Bruce's Shark World" is another take on the Nemo theme. It's a new, fun way to learn more about sharks. If you like, you can take your photo either next to or in the mouth of Bruce.
You definitely get the feeling that you're in an underwater wreck. Kids really enjoy exploring this area, and the adults are certainly welcome to do some "fishing" of their own.
It's "totally awesome dude!"
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
The former "Living Seas" has been taken over by a clownfish and his friends. The result is a fun filled pavilion which is delighting young and old alike.
As you approach "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" an oversized "reef" offers a great photo op. Nemo himself makes personal appearances and you may find that some of that coral is anything but stationary.
This attraction revolves around one of the largest saltwater aquariums in the world which was developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in consultation with some of the world's foremost oceanographic experts. With the focus on the "Finding Nemo" movie, there's a ride, terrific displays and interactive activities for all to enjoy
This aquarium features over two hundred species of sea life including dolphins, sharks, sea turtles, gliding rays and a 500 lb. Grouper, as well as a rainbow of multi-colored tropical fish. The tank is 200' in diameter, is 27' deep and the glass is 8 inches thick.
There's a separate tank where the Manatees are found. Throughout the day a Cast Member is there to answer questions about these gentle giants and the ongoing efforts to save them from extinction.
You can spend as little or as much time as you like at the Seas with Nemo and Friends. For guests wishing to interact with the aquarium inhabitants, there are tours that you can schedule.
If you're looking for Nemo themed merchandise, this is the place to find it. T-shirts, plush, keychains, toys, you name it, they have it here.
The Coral Reef restaurant offers diners a spectacular view of the aquarium while enjoying their meal.
FUN FACTS: This pavilion houses the second largest salt water tank in the world (5.7 million gallons). The tank is so large that it could hold the diameter of Spaceship Earth!
- VIDEO: DIS Unplugged - Live From Aulani - 05/21/13 - Follow along with us as we go beyond the parks!
- Blog - 7 in 7: Art of Animation Resort
- VIDEO: Disney Beyond The Parks - Producing the Aulani Live Show - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/beyondtheparks/#hawaii to view the full DIS Unplugged show from Aulani in Hawaii. For the latest updates on our trip to Aulani and Hawaii, visit http://new.livestream.com/TheDIS/aulani Join the DIS Team as we explore Disney beyond the parks, starting with Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii!
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- "The Simpsons" area officially announced for Universal Orlando
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
- Disney and Lucasfilm announce new animated Star Wars series
- Walt Disney World uses online job fair to hire employees
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|6:00 - 6:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW