Epcot World Showcase - France
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
The France Pavilion is a bit deceptive at first glance. Tucked away behind the Monsieur Paul restaurant (one of Epcot's best), is an alleyway where the Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie is found. This is a fancy way of saying "bakery" and is not to be missed.
When you approach France from the United Kingdom, you stroll over the Pont des Arts inspired footbridge. This spot is reminiscent of the the Seine waterfront, complete with flower carts and streetside artists.
The center fountain is a great place to sit, relax and people watch. Throughout the day the "Serveur Amusant" acrobats perform. It's a fun show where the the two talented performers build a tower out of chairs and balance on top.
The 'streets' are lined in cobblestones and as you explore the pavilion, you'll hear romantic tunes being played. Speaking of romance, there's no greater love than the Beauty and the Beast. You'll often find Belle and her fur-covered man meeting and greeting guests in the gardens. (Check the park schedule for appearances.)
When you think of France, two things come to mind, wine and perfume. You won't be disappointed as both are well represented. When you sit at one of the bistro tables tucked into the passageways while sipping a glass of champagne with a freshly baked croissant, you'll truly feel as if you've been transported to Paris.
There are several carts scattered around. You can shop for souvenirs, get a made to order crepe or visit the wine kiosk which has fantastic Grey Goose vodka and Grand Marnier slushies.
Adding to the authenticity is the "Eiffel Tower". This much photographed landmark is 1/10th the size of the actual tower and was built following the blueprints of Gustave Eiffel.
There is one "attraction" so to speak. The "Impressions de France" film is shown throughout the day in the Palais du Cinema. The best thing about this movie is that you actually get to sit. (A nice departure from the Circle Vision movies in China and Canada.)
This film is an 18-minute trip through France, giving guests a glimpse into the beauty of both the French countryside and the densely-populated cities. See the palace of Versailles, winemakers, hot air balloons and the celebration of Bastille Day, all set to a beautiful soundtrack of French composers. In other words, it's very relaxing and your kids will most likely be bored.
The France Pavilion has a lot to offer, and when it comes to eating, whether a meal or a snack, it can't be beat.
Les Chefs de France - This is one of Epcot's overlooked gems. Many of the tables overlook the 'streets' of France and give you a bird's eye view of the comings and goings while you enjoy your delicious meal. The tables are covered in crisp white linens, the interior is light and airy and the service is always top notch.
Monsieur Paul - This is an upscale restaurant that is only open for dinner. If 'elegance' is something you seek, this gourmet spot is one to consider. (There is a dress code.)
At the Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie, You'll find croissants, eclairs, mousse, quiche, souffles, tarts, cheese platters and sandwiches accompanied by French roast coffee.
L'Artisan des Glaces, is an Artisan Ice Cream and Sorbet shop. 16 different flavors are made on the premises, all with fresh ingredients - 10 ice creams (chocolate, vanilla, mint chocolate, pistachio, hazelnut, caramel fleur de sel, cherry, coconute-white chocolate, coffee and profiterole) and six sorbets (strawberry, mango, lemon, pomegranate, and mixed berry). Desserts are sold by the scoop either in cups or cones. Adults may also add a liqueur to their ice cream, giving guests the option of hundreds of flavor combinations.
DIS Unplugged Web Radio Show Podcast
Listen as Julie Martin takes you on a tour of the shops in France.
Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes | Podcast Main
There are an abundance of shops, and merchandise, to choose from in the pavilion of France. Perfumes and colognes are the featured items in the "Plume et Palette". Chanel, Escada, Givenchy, and Lacoste can be found as well as two Parisian perfumiers, Jean Patou and Annick Goutal. The "Guerlain" signature store not only features fragrances but has their full line of cosmetics.
At "La Maison du Vin", guests can sample wines (for a fee) and purchase their favorite French wines along with a variety of wine accessories. Maxim’s de Paris chocolates, cookies, Marat D’Avignon kitchen linens, soaps by E.Barret & Co., and Emile Henry cookware are other items offered in this store.
“Souvenirs de France” carries the typical type of French souvenir like the beret, miniature Eiffel Tower, t-shirt, and the Paris purse. The more interesting items are the many books on French artists, cities, and the language itself, and the infant toys by Latitude Enfant. All areas of the France pavilion are wheelchair accessible.
FUN FACTS: Say "hello" in French by saying "bonjour" (bohn-ZHOOR).
HIDDEN MICKEYS: Check out the grates at the base of the trees.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down extended through November 9 - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- All-Star Music food court closes for refurbishment - The Intermission Food Court will be closed 8/1/14-12/20/14 for refurb.
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- SeaWorld no longer partnering with Southwest Airlines
- Walt Disney World 2015 packages now available to book
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00 pm
9:00 - 8:00 pm
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW