Magic Kingdom - Splash Mountain
|Big Thunder Mountain||Tom Sawyer Island|
|Country Bear Jamboree||Restaurants and Shops|
|Splash Mountain||Shows and Events|
Opened: October 2, 1992
Ride length: 11 minutesOverview/History:
One of the Magic Kingdom's major attractions is Splash Mountain. Based on the 1946 Walt Disney film, "Song of the South", this ride features the antics of Brer Fox and Brer Bear's attempts to catch the wily Brer Rabbit as he looks for his laughing place. Over 100 Audio-animatronic figures entertain you as
your log boat winds its way through caves, swamps and bayous, and down three minor drops before
with a 52 foot plunge through the briar patch after Brer
Rabbit outfoxes Brer Fox. A camera captures the look of
fearful delight on your faces as you enter the final plunge.
These pictures are displayed at the end of the ride and
are available for purchase.
On busy days long winding queues are opened, beginning outside in partial shade and leading into the cool cavern where your journey begins. While the ride is fun for guests of all ages, a height restriction of 40" is in effect. Parents may use the "switching off" option. There is a very good chance that you'll get wet so be prepared. While it may be refreshing on hot days, wet clothes can get a little chilly on cooler evenings.
Fast Pass: Yes
Handicapped Accessibility: Guests in wheelchairs must be able to transfer to the log boats in order to ride this attraction.
Fun fact: Some of the animatronics used
in Splash Mountain were taken from the old "America
Sings" attraction at Disneyland.
Read a blog about this attraction's 20th birthday.
- disney brit - "This is simply the best log flume ride I have ever ridden. The theming is superb. The drop at the end is not as bad as it looks."
- LeftInNorway - "I was scared stiff the first time I went on this ride. It was something I had to conquer and I felt so exhilirated when I came out the exit! It was an absolute thrill and I was so happy to be able to share it with my husband! I've been on about 5 times since and will go again and again!"
More Splash Mountain Reviews
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios