Adventures by Disney - Disney Vacation Club
- Adventures by Disney photo galleries
- Adventures by Disney trip reports
- Adventures by Disney itineraries
- Booking Info
- Current promotions and special offers
For those who are members of Disney Vacation Club, you have the option to use your DVC points for other vacations, like Adventures by Disney. With that said, you'd better have A LOT of points - and I mean - A LOT.
For example, a California Backstage Magic vacation through ABD using DVC points will set you back anywhere from 341 points per adult to 421 points per adult (depending on season). This is for one of the shortest trips that ABD offers (6 days / 5 nights).If you decide you want China, that's going to set you back anywhere from 758 - 820 points per adult (depending on season).
Now, if you have 1000 points a year,this might be a viable option, but for many people, this would consume a large number of points.
While this is not scientific in any way, the average 'DVC point' rents for about $10 on our DVC Rent/Trade board. Using that measuring stick, 341 points for an adult in value season for a Backstage Magic tour would be about $3400. When you consider that the tour itself costs about $2400 per adult in value season - you can see the kind of premium you're paying for using points.
Of course, the above example uses a very basic (and admittedly un-scientific) method of calculating the value of 'points'. You must factor in your vacation plans (if you're not planning to use your DVC points for a few years, ABD would be as good an option as any to spend them on) - also, you pay the value of your points overtime, which might make an otherwise unaffordable vacation possible.
For example, that trip to China: You could use points to pay for one adult fare on that trip, and pay cash for the other. Your cash outlay is greatly reduced and a trip that otherwise would have been out of reach may be a bit closer.
As with anything regarding DVC and points, it's a decision thats influenced largely on your individual needs, upcoming plans and where and how you like to vacation.
DVC includes the following caveats when booking Adventures by Disney using points:
*One reservation point is equivalent to one allotted vacation point. Reservation points established for convenience of reference only. Travel time necessary to reach a given destination is not included in calculating trip lengths. Certain trips may begin early on the first day of the itinerary and may end late on the last day. Airfare to and from destination is not included. Members should contact Member Services for additional information, including trip components, details about overnight accommodations required before and after itinerary dates, gratuities, additional surcharges, etc. Members receive the full terms and conditions of this program, including applicable fees and restrictions, in the Member Benefits Guide. Please review them carefully before booking any of these travel options. Program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- All reservations are subject to availability and based on double occupancy.
- Members cannot book and travel on Adventurer Collection trips within the last 4 months of their Use Year.
- A non-refundable $95 transaction fee applies per confirmed reservation. If payment is not received at the time of confirmation, Disney Vacation Club reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- Members should contact Member Services for trip dates and age ranges.
Please see “Booking Guidelines” in the “Making Reservations” section and “Changing or Cancelling Reservations” in the “Managing Reservations” section for important booking window and cancellation guidelines.
- List of Walt Disney World smoking areas updated - The list of smoking areas in the parks, water parks and Downtown Disney has been updated.
- Outdoor Kitchen menus for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - Food and beverage kiosks are set up around World Showcase. These Outdoor Kitchens are themed to reflect each nation and offer a taste of the culture.
- 3 Things We’d Been Missing at the Magic Kingdom...Until Now - “You’re going again? Don’t you get bored? How can there be anything left to do?” Our answer is always no and yes. No, we’re not bored and yes, there are still things left to do.
- Backstage Tales begins today at Animal Kingdom - Taking place at the Animal Kingdom, guests will head backstage to check out the park's Veterinary Hospital, housing for animals and the Animal Nutrition Center.
- Egg-Stravaganza Easter egg hunt back for the second year - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot. When you've completed your map, return it for a special surprise!
- March merchandise events at Walt Disney World - Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings to be held around Walt Disney World in March.
- Blog - Magic Kingdom February Construction Update
- Backstage Safari tour ends today; the new Backstage Tales tour will begin March 1 - The new tour will be offered daily.
- New menu items added at Raglan Road - These have been released just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- Dates announced for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Tickets will go on sale in April.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates announced; tickets on sale in April - Dates are available in September-November.
- Magic Kingdom resorts test direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon - As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same.
- Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean to be closed for the summer - The ride will be closed from 5/11 - 9/25/2015.
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Raglan Road's Mighty Festival: St Patrick's Week to be held March 13-17 - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, classic Irish food and drinks, face painting and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- WonderGround Gallery expands at Marketplace Co-Op - In early March, the WonderGround Gallery will expand into the area occupied by Beautifully Disney makeup.
- New menu items available at Downtown Disney's Fantasy Fare food truck - The food trucks are all located in Exposition Park, between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- ESPN's Mike and Mike show celebrates 15th anniversary with live broadcast - The live show will take place March 6, 2015 at the Waterside Stage, Downtown Disney Marketplace from 6:00-10:00am.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Blog - Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increased - As expected, a Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 per day.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 7: Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 6: Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
- List of several new drinks planned for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 5: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 4: Disney's Beach Club Resort
- List of sample menu items from this year's upcoming Flower and Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- 2015 Star Wars Weekends info and artwork released - More info still to come.