Adventures by Disney - Disney Vacation Club
- Adventures by Disney photo galleries
- Adventures by Disney trip reports
- Adventures by Disney itineraries
- Booking Info
- Current promotions and special offers
4-day/3-night New York City Dreams trip!
Join other DVC members for one of these exclusive Adventures by Disney trips through New York City! Two Disney Adventure Guides will lead you around the city, acting as your VIP guides and taking care of all the important details!
Some highlights include:
- VIP behind-the-scenes access to "Good Morning America"
- Historic Harlem Heritage Tour, including a stop at the Apollo Theater
- Go backstage at NEWSIES, then enjoy great seats for the show!
- See the other top New York City icons, including the Empire State Building, Radio City Music Hall and Central Park
- Accommodations at the Manhattan Club, a midtown Manhattan boutique hotel
- Family Trips
- June 20, 2013
- July 3, 2013
- July 18, 2013
- August 8, 2013
- Adult-Only Trips
- June 13, 2013
- October 10, 2013
Space is limited. Adult pricing is 160 DVC points; child's price is 152 DVC points. Reservation points are per person based on double occupancy. Members cannot book and travel on ABD reservations within the last 4 months of their use year. A nonrefundable $95 transaction fee applies per confirmed reservation. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who are members of Disney Vacation Club, you have the option to use your DVC points for other vacations, like Adventures by Disney. With that said, you'd better have A LOT of points - and I mean - A LOT.
For example, a California Backstage Magic vacation through ABD using DVC points will set you back anywhere from 341 points per adult to 421 points per adult (depending on season). This is for one of the shortest trips that ABD offers (6 days / 5 nights).If you decide you want China, that's going to set you back anywhere from 758 - 820 points per adult (depending on season).
Now, if you have 1000 points a year,this might be a viable option, but for many people, this would consume a large number of points.
While this is not scientific in any way, the average 'DVC point' rents for about $10 on our DVC Rent/Trade board. Using that measuring stick, 341 points for an adult in value season for a Backstage Magic tour would be about $3400. When you consider that the tour itself costs about $2400 per adult in value season - you can see the kind of premium you're paying for using points.
Of course, the above example uses a very basic (and admittedly un-scientific) method of calculating the value of 'points'. You must factor in your vacation plans (if you're not planning to use your DVC points for a few years, ABD would be as good an option as any to spend them on) - also, you pay the value of your points overtime, which might make an otherwise unaffordable vacation possible.
For example, that trip to China: You could use points to pay for one adult fare on that trip, and pay cash for the other. Your cash outlay is greatly reduced and a trip that otherwise would have been out of reach may be a bit closer.
As with anything regarding DVC and points, it's a decision thats influenced largely on your individual needs, upcoming plans and where and how you like to vacation.
DVC includes the following caveats when booking Adventures by Disney using points:
*One reservation point is equivalent to one allotted vacation point. Reservation points established for convenience of reference only. Travel time necessary to reach a given destination is not included in calculating trip lengths. Certain trips may begin early on the first day of the itinerary and may end late on the last day. Airfare to and from destination is not included. Members should contact Member Services for additional information, including trip components, details about overnight accommodations required before and after itinerary dates, gratuities, additional surcharges, etc. Members receive the full terms and conditions of this program, including applicable fees and restrictions, in the Member Benefits Guide. Please review them carefully before booking any of these travel options. Program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- All reservations are subject to availability and based on double occupancy.
- Members cannot book and travel on Adventurer Collection trips within the last 4 months of their Use Year.
- A non-refundable $95 transaction fee applies per confirmed reservation. If payment is not received at the time of confirmation, Disney Vacation Club reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- Members should contact Member Services for trip dates and age ranges.
Please see “Booking Guidelines” in the “Making Reservations” section and “Changing or Cancelling Reservations” in the “Managing Reservations” section for important booking window and cancellation guidelines.
- VIDEO: DIS Unplugged - Live From Aulani - 05/21/13 - Follow along with us as we go beyond the parks!
- Blog - 7 in 7: Art of Animation Resort
- VIDEO: Disney Beyond The Parks - Producing the Aulani Live Show - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/beyondtheparks/#hawaii to view the full DIS Unplugged show from Aulani in Hawaii. For the latest updates on our trip to Aulani and Hawaii, visit http://new.livestream.com/TheDIS/aulani Join the DIS Team as we explore Disney beyond the parks, starting with Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii!
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4