Adventures by Disney - Disney Vacation Club
- Adventures by Disney photo galleries
- Adventures by Disney trip reports
- Adventures by Disney itineraries
- Booking Info
- Current promotions and special offers
For those who are members of Disney Vacation Club, you have the option to use your DVC points for other vacations, like Adventures by Disney. With that said, you'd better have A LOT of points - and I mean - A LOT.
For example, a California Backstage Magic vacation through ABD using DVC points will set you back anywhere from 341 points per adult to 421 points per adult (depending on season). This is for one of the shortest trips that ABD offers (6 days / 5 nights).If you decide you want China, that's going to set you back anywhere from 758 - 820 points per adult (depending on season).
Now, if you have 1000 points a year,this might be a viable option, but for many people, this would consume a large number of points.
While this is not scientific in any way, the average 'DVC point' rents for about $10 on our DVC Rent/Trade board. Using that measuring stick, 341 points for an adult in value season for a Backstage Magic tour would be about $3400. When you consider that the tour itself costs about $2400 per adult in value season - you can see the kind of premium you're paying for using points.
Of course, the above example uses a very basic (and admittedly un-scientific) method of calculating the value of 'points'. You must factor in your vacation plans (if you're not planning to use your DVC points for a few years, ABD would be as good an option as any to spend them on) - also, you pay the value of your points overtime, which might make an otherwise unaffordable vacation possible.
For example, that trip to China: You could use points to pay for one adult fare on that trip, and pay cash for the other. Your cash outlay is greatly reduced and a trip that otherwise would have been out of reach may be a bit closer.
As with anything regarding DVC and points, it's a decision thats influenced largely on your individual needs, upcoming plans and where and how you like to vacation.
DVC includes the following caveats when booking Adventures by Disney using points:
*One reservation point is equivalent to one allotted vacation point. Reservation points established for convenience of reference only. Travel time necessary to reach a given destination is not included in calculating trip lengths. Certain trips may begin early on the first day of the itinerary and may end late on the last day. Airfare to and from destination is not included. Members should contact Member Services for additional information, including trip components, details about overnight accommodations required before and after itinerary dates, gratuities, additional surcharges, etc. Members receive the full terms and conditions of this program, including applicable fees and restrictions, in the Member Benefits Guide. Please review them carefully before booking any of these travel options. Program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- All reservations are subject to availability and based on double occupancy.
- Members cannot book and travel on Adventurer Collection trips within the last 4 months of their Use Year.
- A non-refundable $95 transaction fee applies per confirmed reservation. If payment is not received at the time of confirmation, Disney Vacation Club reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- Members should contact Member Services for trip dates and age ranges.
Please see “Booking Guidelines” in the “Making Reservations” section and “Changing or Cancelling Reservations” in the “Managing Reservations” section for important booking window and cancellation guidelines.
- New additions to menu at Studio Catering Company - New sandwiches and a vegetable wrap are available.
- Space Mountain to be closed for 4 days in April - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from April 20-23.
- First look: Photos of Disney's new Polynesian Villas & Bora Bora Bungalows
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom - This meet and greet will take place through April 5.
- "Kid-sized" package offer available for Walt Disney World - Available for stays select nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- Save up to 30% with a Room Only offer at select Walt Disney World resorts - Valid for stays most nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- Disney Visa cardholders - Save up to 30% with a Disney World Room Only offer - This offer is expected to open to the general public on Monday, March 23.
- Innoventions West undergoing changes for "a new experience" - The sponsorship agreements with the current exhibitors are ending. A Disney spokeswoman said the three current tenants are leaving and they will be replaced, but exact details about the exhibit's future are not yet known.
- 38 Special and Air Supply to perform at Eat to the Beat concerts - Disney hasn't officially released the schedule yet, but 38 Special and Air Supply have the Eat to the Beat concerts listed on their official tour pages. 38 Special: 10/10-10/11/15 and Air Supply: 10/19-10/21/15
- Breakfast test begins at Be Our Guest Restaurant today - This is a test and will last through June 18.
- Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party to become Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party - Reservations open March 20 for parties July 5 and beyond.
- Details released for Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This event will take place June 17-September 7, 2015.
- "Baseball Tonight" to broadcast live from ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - The shows will take place March 23-27, 2015.
- Five Guests who turn into Disney Villains
- 2015 Wine and Dine Half Marathon registration now open - This event will take place 11/6-11/7/15.
- Driving to Disney - do you drive overnight or during the day?
- Breakfast menu available for Be Our Guest Restaurant - A start date for breakfast has not yet been announced.
- Walt Disney World room only offer - only 2 more weeks to book! - Save up to 25% on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays most nights 3/2-6/15/15. Book by 3/28/15.
- Blog - Animal Kingdom Construction Update
- Doc McStuffins meet and greet added at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Doc will begin greeting guests in May in the Animation Courtyard.
- Winged Encounters - The Kingdom Takes Flight moves to location in front of Tree of Life - This show takes place several times per day and showcase six different varieties of macaws (hyacinth, green-winged, blue and gold, scarlet, blue-throated and military).
- Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace switch locations - Aloha Isle in now located behind the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Sunshine Tree Terrace is now near the front of Adventureland.
- Blog - Review: "Cinderella" is impressive, but was it and "Frozen Fever" necessary?
- Arriving Early At Magic Kingdom
- Our family's must-do's at each Disney World theme park
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within The Magic Kingdom
- Direct bus route to be tested between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon - It will run from the middle of the day until one hour after the water parks close. This will allow guests to "hop" between water parks like they do with the theme parks.
- Cinderella's Royal Table reopens after refurbishment - The popular Magic Kingdom restaurant has been closed since January.
- Sun Shades by Sunglass Hut to open at Blizzard Beach - Blizzard Beach is currently closed through March 14 for its yearly refurbishment.
- 5 Reasons Leaving a Park to Save Money on Food is a Bad Idea
- Adjusted schedule for the Express beam monorails - The Express beam (between the TTC and Magic Kingdom) will shut down on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 11:30am and 6pm from 3/10/15 - Summer 2015.
- Food Truck Takeover at Downtown Disney - The Fantasy Fare food truck will serve menu items from Shutters at Old Port Royale this weekend.
- Polynesian East Pool to be closed from 4/13 - 12/31/15 - The main pool will be reopened before this one closes.
- FREE $25 Universal Orlando Gift Card with Vacation Package! - NEW - Receive a FREE $25 Universal Orlando Gift Card with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Exclusive Vacation Package!
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books