Adventures by Disney - Disney Vacation Club
- Adventures by Disney photo galleries
- Adventures by Disney trip reports
- Adventures by Disney itineraries
- Booking Info
- Current promotions and special offers
For those who are members of Disney Vacation Club, you have the option to use your DVC points for other vacations, like Adventures by Disney. With that said, you'd better have A LOT of points - and I mean - A LOT.
For example, a California Backstage Magic vacation through ABD using DVC points will set you back anywhere from 341 points per adult to 421 points per adult (depending on season). This is for one of the shortest trips that ABD offers (6 days / 5 nights).If you decide you want China, that's going to set you back anywhere from 758 - 820 points per adult (depending on season).
Now, if you have 1000 points a year,this might be a viable option, but for many people, this would consume a large number of points.
While this is not scientific in any way, the average 'DVC point' rents for about $10 on our DVC Rent/Trade board. Using that measuring stick, 341 points for an adult in value season for a Backstage Magic tour would be about $3400. When you consider that the tour itself costs about $2400 per adult in value season - you can see the kind of premium you're paying for using points.
Of course, the above example uses a very basic (and admittedly un-scientific) method of calculating the value of 'points'. You must factor in your vacation plans (if you're not planning to use your DVC points for a few years, ABD would be as good an option as any to spend them on) - also, you pay the value of your points overtime, which might make an otherwise unaffordable vacation possible.
For example, that trip to China: You could use points to pay for one adult fare on that trip, and pay cash for the other. Your cash outlay is greatly reduced and a trip that otherwise would have been out of reach may be a bit closer.
As with anything regarding DVC and points, it's a decision thats influenced largely on your individual needs, upcoming plans and where and how you like to vacation.
DVC includes the following caveats when booking Adventures by Disney using points:
*One reservation point is equivalent to one allotted vacation point. Reservation points established for convenience of reference only. Travel time necessary to reach a given destination is not included in calculating trip lengths. Certain trips may begin early on the first day of the itinerary and may end late on the last day. Airfare to and from destination is not included. Members should contact Member Services for additional information, including trip components, details about overnight accommodations required before and after itinerary dates, gratuities, additional surcharges, etc. Members receive the full terms and conditions of this program, including applicable fees and restrictions, in the Member Benefits Guide. Please review them carefully before booking any of these travel options. Program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- All reservations are subject to availability and based on double occupancy.
- Members cannot book and travel on Adventurer Collection trips within the last 4 months of their Use Year.
- A non-refundable $95 transaction fee applies per confirmed reservation. If payment is not received at the time of confirmation, Disney Vacation Club reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- Members should contact Member Services for trip dates and age ranges.
Please see “Booking Guidelines” in the “Making Reservations” section and “Changing or Cancelling Reservations” in the “Managing Reservations” section for important booking window and cancellation guidelines.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit