Disney California Adventure
This section of the Golden State pays tribute to
California’s aviation history. The buildings
resemble airplane hangars while the walkway have runway
Soarin' Over California (Opened February 2001)
This one of the most popular attractions at Disney California Adventure, and one of the best at the Disneyland Resort. Guests board a simulated hang glider, and soar over California vistas that are projected on a giant IMAX screen. This incredible experience is made all the more realistic with the gentle breezes that carry the scent of pine trees and orange groves. During your flight, you’ll soar over the Golden Gate Bridge, Yosemite, and pass over skiers as they head down the slopes of Lake Tahoe. From the desert to the cityscape, your journey ends in an unforgettable burst of fireworks.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Must transfer from a wheelchair/ECV. Closed captioning. Height requirement: 40” (102 cm) or taller
Fly n’ Buy
Located across from Soarin' Over California, carries t-shirts, model planes, souvenirs associated with flying. (A limited selection of over-the-counter medicines is available.)
Meet Minnie Mouse near her airplane in Condor Flats.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.