Disney California Adventure
- Mad T Party
- Minnie's Fly Girls Charter Airline
- Red Car News Boys
- Five 'N' Dime
- Phineas and Ferb's Rockin' Rollin' Dance Party
- World of Color
- Instant Concert...Just Add Water
- DJ's Dance 'n Drive
- Pixar Play Parade
- Disney's Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular
- Disney Junior Live on Stage!
- Turtle Talk with Crush
The Mad T Party features a live band, dancing, unique entertainment and fun-filled games, plus exclusive signature foods, beverages and merchandise all inspired by Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland".
Minnie's Fly Girls are no longer appearing at Disney California Adventure.
In this interactive show in Condor Flats, Minnie Mouse and her flight crew sing songs from the '40s, '50s and '60s, including a medley of their destinations ("The Girl from Ipanama") and songs from Dumbo ("When I See an Elephant Fly) and Peter Pan ("You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!").
The Red Car News Boys roll into Buena Vista Street on one of the distinctive Red Car Trolleys performing period tunes, includng a song from the stage musical "Newsies". Mickey even joins in the fun and the boys encourage him to Seize the Day.
A group of maverick musicians arrive in their makeshift jalopy on their way from Chicago to Hollywood looking for their big break. They enlist the help of the crowd (and Goofy) while performing standards from the 20s and 30s.
Guests have a chance to join in on dancing and activities while a DJ spins songs in this interactive dance party featuring the Disney Channel favorites. The fun takes place several times a day near Paradise Park.
World of Color - Winter Dreams
The Disneyland Resort has announced that a brand new version of World of Color is coming to Disney California Adventure. World of Color - Winter Dreams will feature all your favorite Disney classics celebrating the magic of Winter and will be hosted by Olaf, the snowman from the upcoming animated feature, "Frozen".
Guests will follow Olaf through dreamlike segments that include:
-Snow - a breathtaking ride through winter
-Glow - a festive exploration of light
-Enchantment - a Toy Story version of The Nutcracker
-Spirit - a joyous sing-a-long
-Merry & Bright - a fantasmic finale that features holiday light
One section of the show will feature reproductions of seasons greeting cards created by Annual Passholders. Click here for details and requirements.
Winter of Color - Winter Dreams premieres November 15, 2013.
This nighttime water spectacular premiered June 11, 2010. World of Color combines fountains, movie projections and lighting effects to produce the popular show.
Fountains shoot water 200 feet into the air, creating the world's largest projected water screen measuring 380 feet by 50 feet allowing for 19,000 square feet of viewing. The jets of water move in time to the original Sherman Brothers score from the 1960's TV show "World of Color." Popular Disney characters are brought to life in the sprays of water and on the shimmering mist screens.
Fun Wheel Challenge
Want something fun to do while you wait for World of Color? Check out the Fun Wheel Challenge. Just join the PierGames WiFi network from your mobile device and play the game within your device's web browser. Beginning 45 minutes before the show, play along with guests with Mickey's Fun Wheel as your giant game board. If you win, you get to control the lights on Mickey's Fun Wheel right from your phone!
Want Reserved Seating?
There is room for approximately 4,200 guests to view World of Color from the Paradise Pier area. Please note - this is standing room only. In spite of its size, this area gets crowded very easily, as World of Color is quite popular. We recommend getting a reserved location to view the show. There are a few ways to do this.
Guests can get a FASTPASS in the morning for the evening's show at the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS terminals. There are a limited number of FASTPASSES available and you will get an assigned time to view the show. If you arrive before park opening to get a FASTPASS, you may enter the Esplanade at 7 am and line up at Disney California Adventure's Main Entrance. You will be walked into the park at opening and over to the FASTPASS terminals. Guests with fast passes can view the show from Paradise Park in three distinct areas, delineated as the ‘blue section’, ‘red section’ and ‘yellow section’. The color of your section depends on how early you get your fastpass, with blue being the first ones given out, followed by red, then yellow. Guests without fastpasses will need to view the show from the boardwalk area and will only see the ‘back side’ of the show. These are mostly obstructed view locations, and while you can still appreciate the water display, I’m not sure how good the film projection on to the water will be from that angle. There is also a VERY small area to the right of Ariel’s Grotto restaurant that is for non-fast pass holders.
Early FASTPASS entry: Guests staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel (Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa ) are now able to enter Disney California Adventure through the private entrance located at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa 30 minutes earlier than the park's listed opening time. This will allow resort guests to get in line for Disney’s Fastpass tickets to that evening's performances of World of Color.
World of Color Picnic and Dining Packages
Picnic meals can be ordered for $15.99 online here or by walk-up at the Sonoma Terrace, Golden Vine Winery. They may be picked up at the Sonoma Terrace from 2 pm - 8 pm and will include a reserved viewing ticket indicating your assigned time to view the show.
Dining packages are available at Carthay Circle Restaurant and Wine Country Trattoria. Space is limited and they must be reserved by calling 714-781-DINE.
- World of Color Dining Package at Carthay Circle Restaurant
- World of Color Picnic & Dining Package at Wine Country Trattoria
Get your Glow with the Show ears and become part of World of Color. These special Mickey Mouse ears interact with the show and light up in various colors to the music. The ears also interact with Mad T Party and Disneyland Park's Fantasmic!
Goofy dons his tuxedo and "conducts" the fountains in Paradise Bay for several daytime mini-concerts.
DJ spins his favorite tunes and the Carhops from Flo's V-8 Cafe can't help but dance along. You're invited to join in the fun in this party on wheels!
Join ‘Pixar’ Characters from Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Monster's Inc, Cars, Toy Story and A Bug's Life in this fun parade.
Among the floats is "The Incredibles" themed Omnidroid Robot with Syndrome and a fiery Jack-Jack. Accompanying this float will be Elastigirl, Mr. Incredible and Frozone flying hovercrafts.
Be prepared to get a bit wet. Buzz Lightyear's rocket ship has a laser that shoots water and trails a vapor mist. Mr. Potato Head's lapel flower squirts and Dory and Nemo blow bubbles.
Check daily guide for times.
This is the absolute best Disney theme park stage show. The cast is always great with the Genie stealing the show.
The theater itself is huge and has balcony seating as well as orchestra and mezzanine. Once the show begins, you're dazzled by the amazing staging, the special effects and the incredible cast. Even the Magic Carpet comes to life in this production.
Aladdin's parade is spectacular. If you get a front row seat in the mezzanine, it passes right in front of you. (The kids will love that.)
The best is the Genie. Sure, it's the same songs but there are plenty of references to current pop culture that are hilarious.
Even if you're not a huge fan of Aladdin, you won't want to miss this show.
Check daily guide for show times.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Disney Junior features current Disney Channel favorites in a cute 20 minute interactive show.
Characters from "Jake and the NeverLand Pirates", "Sofia the First", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Doc McStuffins" are among those featured in this preschool designed show.
The audience is invited to sit on the floor. Kids can join in and sing and dance along with familiar tunes from the Disney Channel pre-school lineup.
This interactive show with everybody’s favorite turtle from Finding Nemo, can be found in the Disney Animation building, in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Inside the show, there are movie theater like seats for the adults and a large open space on the floor, in front of the screen, where children are encouraged to sit (adults are welcome to join them there too if they like).
Before long your host will be introducing you to Crush, who appears on the screen to look at all “the humans in the human tank”. Through some amazing technology, Crush is then able to interact with the children in the audience. Throughout the show Crush asks questions of the audience members and then answers some too. He also encourages children to use words such as “totally”, “righteous”, and “dude”.
Every show of Turtle Talk offers a different dialogue, but it is always filled with lots of laughs.
- Jerry Bruckheimer book signing at Disneyland Park - Award-winning producer Jerry Bruckheimer will be appearing for a special signing of "Jerry Bruckheimer: When Lightning Strikes | Four Decades of Filmmaking" by Michael Singer on December 14th.
- Elf Days at California Adventure - Santa's elves are looking for recruits to join their ranks 12/09/13 through 12/15/13. Head to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail where you can test your bravery with the Jingle Bell Bridge, tackle Present Tracking or learn the secret Elf Handshake.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- VIDEO: "In Summer" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "In Summer," sung by Josh Gad from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- VIDEO: "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade at Disneyland - Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
- VIDEO: Santa Talks Holidays at Disneyland Resort 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Santa about all of the holiday happenings at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: Making Tamales at Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, while he learns about Viva Navidad! and how to make tamales from Rubia, a pastry chef at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "Let It Go," sung by broadway star Idina Menzel from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure. "World of Color" is the nighttime colored fountain show at DCA and has been performed since 2010. "Winter Dreams" is the first full show variation.
- VIDEO: World of Color Fountain Controls at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Rene from Disney Parks and Resorts about the technology behind World of Color - Winter Dreams, the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure.
- Donate to Toys For Tots at the Disneyland Resort - Donate a new, unwrapped toy at several locations throughout Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Resort Hotels from 12/1 through 12/14.
- VIDEO: Haunted Mansion Holiday 2013 at Disneyland - Jack Skellington takes over the Haunted Mansion to bring Christmas to Halloweentown in Haunted Mansion Holiday, the seasonal overlay that is celebrating its 13th year at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: World of Color - Winter Dreams - For the Christmas season, Disney California Adventure Park presents 'World of Color - Winter Dreams' a brand new holiday version of World of Color starring Olaf (voiced by Josh Gad), the lovable snowman from Disney's "Frozen," a Toy Story Nutcracker sequence and a special intro featuring the Honor Choir.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- VIDEO: Disneyland's 'Jingle Cruise' Queue and Full POV Ride-Through - The Jungle Cruise Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they've added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they've created themselves). Other changes include new jokes, boat names and music loop in the queue.
- TubaChristmas returns to the Disneyland Resort - Hundreds of tuba players will gather in Downtown Disney to perform holiday music on December 21st at 1:00pm.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- Blog - Trader Sam’s Mixes Up Holiday Drinks
- VIDEO: Olaf's Ice Rink in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort - This year at Downtown Disney, the ice rink created for the holiday season is based off of the 53rd Disney Animated Film "Frozen". Olaf's Ice Rink allows guests to lace up skates and hit the ice, but if you're not adventurous then you can do some shopping at the holiday themed stands.
- VIDEO: Christmas in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure - Seasons Speedings! Cars Land, the popular area at Disney California Adventure based off of the Disney-Pixar film "Cars", has received a holiday overlay making the streets of Radiator Springs merrier than ever.
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- Knott's Berry Farm announces major plans for 2014 - Knott's Berry farm is planning a major refurbishment for the Calico Mine Ride beginning in January, plus new rides and an entire restoration to celebrate Camp Snoopy's 30th Anniversary.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Disneyland announces more lengthy closures for early 2014 - In addition to the 4-month closure for Alice in Wonderland, the Disneyland Resort has also announced a 8-month closure for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and a nearly 4-month closure for Soarin' Over California.
- VIDEO: Toy Story Nutcracker from "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - Toy Story Nutcracker is a special sequence created by Pixar specifically for "World of Color - Winter Dreams", the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure. Your favorite Toy Story characters dance to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite songs including March of the Wooden Soldier, Trepak, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Chinese Dance and Dance of the Flowers.
- Viva Navidad menu takes over Paradise Garden Grill - A special Viva Navidad menu is being served at California Adventure's Paradise Garden Grill, featuring Street Style Tacos, Chicken Mole and Torta al Pastor.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- VIDEO: Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular - For the Christmas season, Disneyland Park presents 'Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular,' a holiday fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle which ends with magical snowfall over Main Street U.S.A.
- Firefighters called for smoke at Disneyland
Smoke was seen coming from a Disneyland storage facility.
- Billy Hill and the Hillbillies leaving Disneyland Park in January
20-year veterans of the park, the group will hold its final performance January 6, 2014.
- Couple gets married on Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean ride
A Disney-loving couple held a secret wedding on Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Disney's Jungle Cruise getting a holiday makeover
The Jungle Cruise at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will be transforming into the "Jingle Cruise" this holiday season.
- The View to broadcast live from Disneyland in November
The show will tape November 18-22.