Disney California Adventure
- Mad T Party
- Red Car News Boys
- Five 'N' Dime
- Phineas and Ferb's Rockin' Rollin' Dance Party
- World of Color
- Instant Concert...Just Add Water
- DJ's Dance 'n Drive
- Pixar Play Parade
- Disney's Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular
- Disney Junior Live on Stage!
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Mad T Party Ending
Mad T Party will have its final performance on 11/30/14. No word yet on what will replace it.
The Mad T Party features a live band, dancing, unique entertainment and fun-filled games, plus exclusive signature foods, beverages and merchandise all inspired by Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland".
The Red Car News Boys roll into Buena Vista Street on one of the distinctive Red Car Trolleys performing period tunes, includng a song from the stage musical "Newsies". Mickey even joins in the fun and the boys encourage him to Seize the Day.
A group of maverick musicians arrive in their makeshift jalopy on their way from Chicago to Hollywood looking for their big break. They enlist the help of the crowd (and Goofy) while performing standards from the 20s and 30s.
Guests have a chance to join in on dancing and activities while a DJ spins songs in this interactive dance party featuring the Disney Channel favorites. The fun takes place several times a day near Paradise Park.
This nighttime water spectacular premiered June 11, 2010. World of Color combines fountains, movie projections and lighting effects to produce the popular show.
Fountains shoot water 200 feet into the air, creating the world's largest projected water screen measuring 380 feet by 50 feet allowing for 19,000 square feet of viewing. The jets of water move in time to the original Sherman Brothers score from the 1960's TV show "World of Color." Popular Disney characters are brought to life in the sprays of water and on the shimmering mist screens.
Fun Wheel Challenge
Want something fun to do while you wait for World of Color? Check out the Fun Wheel Challenge. Just join the PierGames WiFi network from your mobile device and play the game within your device's web browser. Beginning 45 minutes before the show, play along with guests with Mickey's Fun Wheel as your giant game board. If you win, you get to control the lights on Mickey's Fun Wheel right from your phone!
Want Reserved Seating?
There is room for approximately 4,200 guests to view World of Color from the Paradise Pier area. Please note - this is standing room only. In spite of its size, this area gets crowded very easily, as World of Color is quite popular. We recommend getting a reserved location to view the show. There are a few ways to do this.
Guests can get a FASTPASS in the morning for the evening's show(s) at the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS terminals. There are a limited number of FASTPASSES available and you will get an assigned time to view the show. Guests with fast passes can view the show from Paradise Park in various distinct areas, delineated by color. Guests without fastpasses will need to view the show from the boardwalk area and will only see the ‘back side’ of the show. These are mostly obstructed view locations. There is also a VERY small area to the right of Ariel’s Grotto restaurant that is for non-fast pass holders.
Early FASTPASS entry: Guests staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel (Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa ) are now able to enter Disney California Adventure through the private entrance located at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa 30 minutes earlier than the park's listed opening time. This will allow resort guests to get in line for Disney’s Fastpass tickets to that evening's performances of World of Color.
World of Color Dining Packages
Enjoy a relaxing adult lunch or dinner followed by special reserved viewing for the World of Color show.
Dining packages are available at Carthay Circle Restaurant and Wine Country Trattoria (or seasonally at Ariel's Grotto). Space is limited and they must be reserved by calling 714-781-DINE.
- World of Color Dining Package at Carthay Circle Restaurant
- World of Color Dining Package at Wine Country Trattoria
Get your Glow with the Show ears and become part of World of Color. These special Mickey Mouse ears interact with the show and light up in various colors to the music. The ears also interact with Mad T Party and Disneyland Park's Fantasmic!
Goofy dons his tuxedo and "conducts" the fountains in Paradise Bay for several daytime mini-concerts.
DJ spins his favorite tunes and the Carhops from Flo's V-8 Cafe can't help but dance along. You're invited to join in the fun in this party on wheels!
Join ‘Pixar’ Characters from Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Monster's Inc, Cars, Toy Story and A Bug's Life in this fun parade.
Among the floats is "The Incredibles" themed Omnidroid Robot with Syndrome and a fiery Jack-Jack. Accompanying this float will be Elastigirl, Mr. Incredible and Frozone flying hovercrafts.
Be prepared to get a bit wet. Buzz Lightyear's rocket ship has a laser that shoots water and trails a vapor mist. Mr. Potato Head's lapel flower squirts and Dory and Nemo blow bubbles.
Check daily guide for times.
This is the absolute best Disney theme park stage show. The cast is always great with the Genie stealing the show.
The theater itself is huge and has balcony seating as well as orchestra and mezzanine. Once the show begins, you're dazzled by the amazing staging, the special effects and the incredible cast. Even the Magic Carpet comes to life in this production.
Aladdin's parade is spectacular. If you get a front row seat in the mezzanine, it passes right in front of you. (The kids will love that.)
The best is the Genie. Sure, it's the same songs but there are plenty of references to current pop culture that are hilarious.
Even if you're not a huge fan of Aladdin, you won't want to miss this show.
Check daily guide for show times.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Disney Junior features current Disney Channel favorites in a cute 20 minute interactive show.
Characters from "Jake and the NeverLand Pirates", "Sofia the First", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Doc McStuffins" are among those featured in this preschool designed show.
The audience is invited to sit on the floor. Kids can join in and sing and dance along with familiar tunes from the Disney Channel pre-school lineup.
This interactive show with everybody’s favorite turtle from Finding Nemo, can be found in the Disney Animation building, in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Inside the show, there are movie theater like seats for the adults and a large open space on the floor, in front of the screen, where children are encouraged to sit (adults are welcome to join them there too if they like).
Before long your host will be introducing you to Crush, who appears on the screen to look at all “the humans in the human tank”. Through some amazing technology, Crush is then able to interact with the children in the audience. Throughout the show Crush asks questions of the audience members and then answers some too. He also encourages children to use words such as “totally”, “righteous”, and “dude”.
Every show of Turtle Talk offers a different dialogue, but it is always filled with lots of laughs.
- Blog - Christmas at Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Discount is available most nights 4/6 - 6/15/15.
- Mad T Party at California Adventure ends November 30th - Mad T Party will have its final performance on 11/30/14. No word yet on what will replace it.
- Top 5(+) things that are better at Walt Disney World than at Disneyland - Bigger may not always be better, but isn't always worse either. I can't resist countering with an article that lists, in my view, the things that are better at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - Hyatt Place
- Blog - Jingle Cruise: a Better and Funnier Voyage in 2014
- Blog - Disney's Second Try at World of Color: Winter Dreams feels more Disney
- Blog - The Wreaths of Disneyland's Small World Holiday
- Top 5 things that are better at Disneyland than at Walt Disney World - Bigger isn't always better and while Walt Disney's original theme park is smaller, it still has the advantage over its East-coast counterpart in a few key areas.
- My favorite bathrooms in California Adventure - Being a newer park, the facilities are better thought out and larger. Still, you do have options..... Let's take a look at the bathrooms of DCA.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/10/14
- Free breakfast offer for length of stay at Aulani - This offer must be booked by December 18.
- Blog - Frozen Ice Palace Debuts at Malls Across the Country
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Aulani plans Thanksgiving feast - Celebrate the holiday in the Kaiona Ballroom. The menu will include traditional Thanksgiving favorites with an island twist.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/03/14
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Conjure A Villain at Disneyland Park - During Halloween Time at Disneyland Park, you can conjure a villain to meet back in the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch. You never know what villain you are going to get!
- VIDEO: Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade 2014 - Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade is the special parade that takes place during Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park.
- VIDEO: Cadaver Dans sing "Headless Horseman" on the Rivers of America - During Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park, the Dapper Dans transform into the Cadaver Dans and move their act from Main Street USA to the Rivers of America to perform some Halloween-themed numbers including this version of "Headless Horseman" from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" animated Disney film.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - New Orleans Square - Rivers of America - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at New Orleans Square - Rivers of America
- Blog - Mickey's Halloween Party vs. Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- My favorite bathrooms in Disneyland Park - What makes a good bathroom? Is it clean? Is it busy? How big is it? How crowded is it?
- VIDEO: 2014 Mickey's Halloween Party Overview - Mickey's Halloween Party is the yearly event that brings the spookiest holiday of them all to Disneyland Park.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
- Schedule for handmade candy canes at Disneyland
Candy cane-making season begins November 28.