Disney California Adventure
As you leave Condor Flats, you will come upon the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area, which resembles an abandoned Northern Californian gold mining operation. There are relics of the bygone days that were left behind. Keep an eye out for the old gold pans in the dry creek bed. The centerpiece of this section is Grizzly Peak, a 110 foot high bear shaped mountain that’s home to the Grizzly River Run attraction.
Grizzly River Run (Opened February 2001)
Grizzly River Run is the wildest, wettest raft ride in the West. The six-passenger rafts start with a 45-foot high climb up Grizzly Peak, with drenching drops to follow. You’ll race down a California river through white water rapids, mountain caverns, waterfalls, and to a dizzying drop into the river gorge. There are two drops, the final one being the Grizzly-Go-Round. Guests drop 22 feet, while the raft spins 360º. Each ride is unique, but one thing is certain, you will get wet.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Must transfer from a wheelchair/ECV. Closed captioning. Height requirement: 42” (106 cm) or taller.
- DIS Unplugged review by Tom Bell: Blog
This is a huge children’s play area set in the California redwoods. There are plenty of fun things for kids to do along the trail. They can go through a redwood tree, play on the rock slide, cross the suspension bridges, climb rock cliffs, check out animal prints, and more.
In addition, the Wilderness Explorers' Camp has opened at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, featuring Russell and Dug from "Up". As you enter the trail, you'll be met by Dug, the friendly dog. The trail features Wilderness explorer activities through which kids can earn merit badges. At the Ahwahnee Camp Circle, kids can participate in a special ceremony with Russell and graduate to Senior Wilderness Explorers.
Restrictions: Accessible to strollers and wheelchairs/ECVs. Closed captioning. Height requirement for Cliff Hanger Traverse Rock Climb and Sequoia Smokejumpers Training Tower (zip line): 42” (106 cm) or taller.
Rushin’ River Outfitters
Located next to Grizzly River Run, features clothing, postcards, maps, books, and outdoor related souvenirs. You can buy ponchos here to keep dry on the Grizzly River Run.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Fall Discount Offer - Book a 3-night Disneyland Resort Package at a Good Neighbor Hotel for as little as $89 per person per night.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Camelot Inn
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/11/14
- Happy 45th Birthday to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion! - This New Orleans Square attraction opened on August 9, 1969.
- Tickets for Knott's Scary Farm now on sale - Tickets are now on sale for Knott's Berry Farm's annual Halloween Celebration.
- Free Vinylmation with Disneyland Vacation Package - Book a vacation package to the Disneyland Resort this fall and receive a special Vinylmation figure inspired by Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
- D23 announces ticket pricing for D23 Expo 2015 - Tickets go on sale August 14th, 2014 (one year in advance) for the D23 Expo 2015 in Anaheim. Early Bird pricing is good through the end of the year.
- Guardians of the Galaxy print at Disneyland's Pizza Port - Spend $30 or more at Pizza Port and receive an exclusive Guardians of the Galaxy print, while supplies last.
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend adds Pixie Dust Challenge - The Pixie Dust Challenge has been added for runners who take on both the Tinker Bell 10K and the Tinker Bell Half Marathon.
- Save 20% on a room only reservation at Disneyland hotels - Book a premium room at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, Disneyland Hotel or Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and save 20%. Save 15% on a standard room.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party tickets now on sale to the general public. - This event runs September 12-October 31, 2014.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.