Disney California Adventure
As you leave Condor Flats, you will come upon the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area, which resembles an abandoned Northern Californian gold mining operation. There are relics of the bygone days that were left behind. Keep an eye out for the old gold pans in the dry creek bed. The centerpiece of this section is Grizzly Peak, a 110 foot high bear shaped mountain that’s home to the Grizzly River Run attraction.
Grizzly River Run (Opened February 2001)
Grizzly River Run is the wildest, wettest raft ride in the West. The six-passenger rafts start with a 45-foot high climb up Grizzly Peak, with drenching drops to follow. You’ll race down a California river through white water rapids, mountain caverns, waterfalls, and to a dizzying drop into the river gorge. There are two drops, the final one being the Grizzly-Go-Round. Guests drop 22 feet, while the raft spins 360º. Each ride is unique, but one thing is certain, you will get wet.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Must transfer from a wheelchair/ECV. Closed captioning. Height requirement: 42” (106 cm) or taller.
- DIS Unplugged review by Tom Bell: Blog
This is a huge children’s play area set in the California redwoods. There are plenty of fun things for kids to do along the trail. They can go through a redwood tree, play on the rock slide, cross the suspension bridges, climb rock cliffs, check out animal prints, and more.
In addition, the Wilderness Explorers' Camp has opened at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, featuring Russell and Dug from "Up". As you enter the trail, you'll be met by Dug, the friendly dog. The trail features Wilderness explorer activities through which kids can earn merit badges. At the Ahwahnee Camp Circle, kids can participate in a special ceremony with Russell and graduate to Senior Wilderness Explorers.
Restrictions: Accessible to strollers and wheelchairs/ECVs. Closed captioning. Height requirement for Cliff Hanger Traverse Rock Climb and Sequoia Smokejumpers Training Tower (zip line): 42” (106 cm) or taller.
Rushin’ River Outfitters
Located next to Grizzly River Run, features clothing, postcards, maps, books, and outdoor related souvenirs. You can buy ponchos here to keep dry on the Grizzly River Run.
- Starbucks at Disneyland's Downtown Disney opens March 10th - A Starbucks Coffee in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will open March 10th near the World of Disney store.
- Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to reopen March 17th - Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will reopen to regular guests on March 17th after a 14-month refurbishment. Annual Passholders can experience the attraction beginning March 13th.
- Blog - Good Neighbor Hotel - Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
- Jeff Granito is WonderGround's Artist in Residence for March - Local Southern California artist Jeff Granito will be appearing at the WonderGround Gallery at the Disneyland Resort on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout March.
- Brunch options for Mother's Day at Disneyland - The brunch previously held at the Disneyland Hotel has been discontinued, but Storytellers Café and PCH Grill will still host brunches. Make reservations beginning March 12th.
- RunDisney announces Avengers Marathon at Disneyland - This new race weekend takes place 11/14/14-11/16/14 and will feature a half marathon, 5K and kids races. Registration opens March 25.
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
The event will be held May 23 and 24, 2014.
- runDisney announces Avengers Half Marathon for Disneyland
Registration opens March 25.
- Disney's first quarter earnings report shows 33% profit increase
Disney showed increases in all divisions of the company.
- Eight Disney hotels honored by U.S. News & World Report
Several Disney hotels were named the best in their markets.
- Popular Disneyland act moves to Knott's Berry Farm
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies move to Knott's Berry Farm.