Disney California Adventure
As you leave Condor Flats, you will come upon the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area, which resembles an abandoned Northern Californian gold mining operation. There are relics of the bygone days that were left behind. Keep an eye out for the old gold pans in the dry creek bed. The centerpiece of this section is Grizzly Peak, a 110 foot high bear shaped mountain that’s home to the Grizzly River Run attraction.
Grizzly River Run (Opened February 2001)
Grizzly River Run is the wildest, wettest raft ride in the West. The six-passenger rafts start with a 45-foot high climb up Grizzly Peak, with drenching drops to follow. You’ll race down a California river through white water rapids, mountain caverns, waterfalls, and to a dizzying drop into the river gorge. There are two drops, the final one being the Grizzly-Go-Round. Guests drop 22 feet, while the raft spins 360º. Each ride is unique, but one thing is certain, you will get wet.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Must transfer from a wheelchair/ECV. Closed captioning. Height requirement: 42” (106 cm) or taller.
- DIS Unplugged review by Tom Bell: Blog
This is a huge children’s play area set in the California redwoods. There are plenty of fun things for kids to do along the trail. They can go through a redwood tree, play on the rock slide, cross the suspension bridges, climb rock cliffs, check out animal prints, and more.
In addition, the Wilderness Explorers' Camp has opened at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, featuring Russell and Dug from "Up". As you enter the trail, you'll be met by Dug, the friendly dog. The trail features Wilderness explorer activities through which kids can earn merit badges. At the Ahwahnee Camp Circle, kids can participate in a special ceremony with Russell and graduate to Senior Wilderness Explorers.
Restrictions: Accessible to strollers and wheelchairs/ECVs. Closed captioning. Height requirement for Cliff Hanger Traverse Rock Climb and Sequoia Smokejumpers Training Tower (zip line): 42” (106 cm) or taller.
Rushin’ River Outfitters
Located next to Grizzly River Run, features clothing, postcards, maps, books, and outdoor related souvenirs. You can buy ponchos here to keep dry on the Grizzly River Run.
- Magical fireworks returns to Disneyland Park on 5/2 - Magical, Disneyland's fireworks show that features an appearance by Dumbo, returns for the summer beginning May 2nd.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover - Knott's Berry Farm has expanded their makeover of Camp Snoopy to include a new Peanuts meet and greet, plus re-theming of Lucy's Tugboat and the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.