Disney California Adventure
As you leave Condor Flats, you will come upon the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area, which resembles an abandoned Northern Californian gold mining operation. There are relics of the bygone days that were left behind. Keep an eye out for the old gold pans in the dry creek bed. The centerpiece of this section is Grizzly Peak, a 110 foot high bear shaped mountain that’s home to the Grizzly River Run attraction.
Grizzly River Run (Opened February 2001)
Grizzly River Run is the wildest, wettest raft ride in the West. The six-passenger rafts start with a 45-foot high climb up Grizzly Peak, with drenching drops to follow. You’ll race down a California river through white water rapids, mountain caverns, waterfalls, and to a dizzying drop into the river gorge. There are two drops, the final one being the Grizzly-Go-Round. Guests drop 22 feet, while the raft spins 360º. Each ride is unique, but one thing is certain, you will get wet.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Must transfer from a wheelchair/ECV. Closed captioning. Height requirement: 42” (106 cm) or taller.
- DIS Unplugged review by Tom Bell: Blog
This is a huge children’s play area set in the California redwoods. There are plenty of fun things for kids to do along the trail. They can go through a redwood tree, play on the rock slide, cross the suspension bridges, climb rock cliffs, check out animal prints, and more.
In addition, the Wilderness Explorers' Camp has opened at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, featuring Russell and Dug from "Up". As you enter the trail, you'll be met by Dug, the friendly dog. The trail features Wilderness explorer activities through which kids can earn merit badges. At the Ahwahnee Camp Circle, kids can participate in a special ceremony with Russell and graduate to Senior Wilderness Explorers.
Restrictions: Accessible to strollers and wheelchairs/ECVs. Closed captioning. Height requirement for Cliff Hanger Traverse Rock Climb and Sequoia Smokejumpers Training Tower (zip line): 42” (106 cm) or taller.
Rushin’ River Outfitters
Located next to Grizzly River Run, features clothing, postcards, maps, books, and outdoor related souvenirs. You can buy ponchos here to keep dry on the Grizzly River Run.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Legends of Frontierland extended at Disneyland Park - Legends of Frontierland, the interactive experience at Disneyland Park, has been extended past the previously announced September 1st end date.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- Magic Mountain announces Twisted Colossus - Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain announced that they are transforming their classic wooden coaster into a record-breaking wooden/steel hybrid.
- Disneyland adds Frozen pre-parade to Mickey's Halloween Party - The stars of Frozen will appear on their special pre-parade float prior to each Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Fall Discount Offer - Book a 3-night Disneyland Resort Package at a Good Neighbor Hotel for as little as $89 per person per night.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Camelot Inn
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/11/14
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.