Disney California Adventure
Hollywood Land is a tribute to Hollywood past and present. Classic architecture sets the tone and transports you to Hollywood’s Golden Age. From the legendary Hyperion Theater to the Hollywood Tower Hotel, everything old is new again when a generous touch of Disney magic is applied. Entertainment is the focus with spectacular stage shows, a game show, an insider’s look at the animation process, and a hotel with a very quirky elevator.
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror
- Disney Animation
- Jim Henson's Muppet Vision 3D
- Disney Junior Live on Stage!
- Character Greetings
- Hollywood Backlot Dining and Refreshments
This slow moving, dark ride is fun for all ages.
Your taxi ride through Mostropolis is interrupted by breaking news…”A child is loose in Monstropolis!”.
Take a ride through the city, where you see various scenes from the movie including Harry Hausen’s restaurant and watch as Mike and Sulley try to return Boo to her home. Before exiting the ride you get one last personalized goodbye, from the grouchy Roz.
Twilight Zone: Tower of
(Opened May 2004)
This attraction is based on the Twilight
Zone television show. Looming at 13 stories tall,
the Hollywood Tower Hotel, home to this attraction,
is the tallest structure in the Disneyland Resort. Fans of
the Twilight Zone will delight in the more than
100 references to classic episodes found throughout
the queue. The attention to detail is amazing.
You’ll feel as if you’ve entered into
a hotel that was long since abandoned. The cobwebs,
yellowed newspapers and dingy furnishings in the
lobby lend to the eerie atmosphere. The bellhop
ushers you into the library. As the lights dim,
the TV flickers and your host, Rod Serling appears
on screen. This is when you learn of the ill-fated
day when five passengers vanished from the elevator.
You’ll next proceed through the boiler room
to the service elevators. Once you’re belted
in, prepare for a trip to the fifth dimension.
Each elevator ride is different, with incredible
special effects and unpredictable ride sequences.
There’s no mistaking that you entered into
the Twilight Zone.
Restrictions: Height restriction: 40” - Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible. Assistive listening devices available at Guest Relations. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, request the elevator to the right. You should be in good health, free of heart, back, neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated while riding this attraction. Expectant mothers should not ride.
Disney Animation (Opened February 2001)
Click Here for Photos The Disney Animation attraction offers a fascinating insight into the world of animation with several exhibits to visit, each offering a unique experience:
The Animation Courtyard: The lobby of the Animation building features large screens with clips and music from your favorite Disney animated features.
Animation Academy : Join a Disney artist and learn the secrets of how to draw a classic Disney character.
Sorcerer’s Workshop : For hands-on fun, this is the place to go. As you enter, you can try your hand at creating your own animation. Next you’ll enter the Beast’s Library. Prominently displayed on a shelf is the glass-encased Enchanted Rose. As the petals fall, wait and watch the sequence of events that follow. In the library, you can take a personality test, conducted by Lumiere and Cogsworth, to see which character you resemble. You may discover that there’s a bit of a Disney villain lurking within. In Ursula’s Grotto, you can voice a scene from the Little Mermaid, and then listen as it’s played back with you doing the vocals.
Character Close-Up: In the Character Close Up area (which used to host character meet & greets), you'll find the Toy Story Zoetrope. This large carousel-like disc, features three-dimensional versions of your favorite Toy Story characters and creates the illusion of movement (animation) by spinning and using strobe lights.
Turtle Talk with Crush: This interactive show with everybody’s favorite turtle from Finding Nemo, who appears on the screen to look at all “the humans in the human tank”. Through some amazing technology, Crush is able to interact with the children in the audience.
Jim Henson’s Muppet
Vision 3D (opened February 2001)
The Muppets, led by Kermit and Miss Piggy, embark on a madcap 3-D adventure in this delightful attraction. Sight gags abound in the queue area and the pre-show. The theater itself is a copy of the Muppet Show stage. As the penguin orchestra tunes up, you don your 3-D glasses and watch the mayhem unfold. In addition to Muppet favorites, Waldo the “spirit of 3-D” leads the cast in an unforgettable romp. There’s a live character, animatronics and all sorts of visual effects incorporated in this hilarious presentation. Including the pre-show, you can expect it to last 25 minutes.
Restrictions: Accessible to strollers, Wheelchair/ECVs. Assistive listening devices available at Guest Relations. Closed captioning and reflective captioning.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Disney Junior features current Disney Channel favorites in a cute 20 minute interactive show.
Characters from "Jake and the NeverLand Pirates", "Sofia the First", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Doc McStuffins" are among those featured in this preschool designed show.
The audience is invited to sit on the floor. Kids can join in and sing and dance along with familiar tunes from the Disney Channel pre-school lineup.
- Gone Hollywood – located opposite Playhouse Disney , this Art Deco themed shop features trendy and glitzy gifts, stylish apparel, and Hollywood themed souvenirs.
- Tower Hotel Gifts - Tower of Terror merchandise
- Off the Page – located adjacent to Disney Animation (you can exit the attraction via this shop.) Features Disney collectibles, animation cels, limited edition prints, books, tapes, DVDs, and other souvenirs. The fun décor is worth a visit. On the ceiling are sketches with the characters literally falling “off the page.”
- Studio Store – In zany Muppet fashion, check out the tongue-in-cheek props found throughout this shop. This shop features Muppet themed clothes, toys and souvenirs.
Meet Sofia the First and some of your favorite Disney Junior stars in Hollywood Land. Check daily schedule for times.
- Blog - Preview: “Saving Mr. Banks”
- Special menu items for New Year's Eve at Disneyland - Many of the restaurants of the Disneyland Resort will be offering special menu items for New Year's Eve, including a Seafood Pot Pie at Blue Bayou and Surf & Turf at Carnation Café.
- Jerry Bruckheimer book signing at Disneyland Park - Award-winning producer Jerry Bruckheimer will be appearing for a special signing of "Jerry Bruckheimer: When Lightning Strikes | Four Decades of Filmmaking" by Michael Singer on December 14th.
- Elf Days at California Adventure - Santa's elves are looking for recruits to join their ranks 12/09/13 through 12/15/13. Head to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail where you can test your bravery with the Jingle Bell Bridge, tackle Present Tracking or learn the secret Elf Handshake.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- VIDEO: "In Summer" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "In Summer," sung by Josh Gad from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- VIDEO: "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade at Disneyland - Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
- VIDEO: Santa Talks Holidays at Disneyland Resort 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Santa about all of the holiday happenings at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: Making Tamales at Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, while he learns about Viva Navidad! and how to make tamales from Rubia, a pastry chef at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "Let It Go," sung by broadway star Idina Menzel from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure. "World of Color" is the nighttime colored fountain show at DCA and has been performed since 2010. "Winter Dreams" is the first full show variation.
- VIDEO: World of Color Fountain Controls at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Rene from Disney Parks and Resorts about the technology behind World of Color - Winter Dreams, the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure.
- Donate to Toys For Tots at the Disneyland Resort - Donate a new, unwrapped toy at several locations throughout Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Resort Hotels from 12/1 through 12/14.
- VIDEO: Haunted Mansion Holiday 2013 at Disneyland - Jack Skellington takes over the Haunted Mansion to bring Christmas to Halloweentown in Haunted Mansion Holiday, the seasonal overlay that is celebrating its 13th year at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: World of Color - Winter Dreams - For the Christmas season, Disney California Adventure Park presents 'World of Color - Winter Dreams' a brand new holiday version of World of Color starring Olaf (voiced by Josh Gad), the lovable snowman from Disney's "Frozen," a Toy Story Nutcracker sequence and a special intro featuring the Honor Choir.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- VIDEO: Disneyland's 'Jingle Cruise' Queue and Full POV Ride-Through - The Jungle Cruise Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they've added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they've created themselves). Other changes include new jokes, boat names and music loop in the queue.
- TubaChristmas returns to the Disneyland Resort - Hundreds of tuba players will gather in Downtown Disney to perform holiday music on December 21st at 1:00pm.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- Blog - Trader Sam’s Mixes Up Holiday Drinks
- VIDEO: Olaf's Ice Rink in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort - This year at Downtown Disney, the ice rink created for the holiday season is based off of the 53rd Disney Animated Film "Frozen". Olaf's Ice Rink allows guests to lace up skates and hit the ice, but if you're not adventurous then you can do some shopping at the holiday themed stands.
- VIDEO: Christmas in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure - Seasons Speedings! Cars Land, the popular area at Disney California Adventure based off of the Disney-Pixar film "Cars", has received a holiday overlay making the streets of Radiator Springs merrier than ever.
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- Knott's Berry Farm announces major plans for 2014 - Knott's Berry farm is planning a major refurbishment for the Calico Mine Ride beginning in January, plus new rides and an entire restoration to celebrate Camp Snoopy's 30th Anniversary.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Disneyland announces more lengthy closures for early 2014 - In addition to the 4-month closure for Alice in Wonderland, the Disneyland Resort has also announced a 8-month closure for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and a nearly 4-month closure for Soarin' Over California.
- VIDEO: Toy Story Nutcracker from "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - Toy Story Nutcracker is a special sequence created by Pixar specifically for "World of Color - Winter Dreams", the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure. Your favorite Toy Story characters dance to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite songs including March of the Wooden Soldier, Trepak, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Chinese Dance and Dance of the Flowers.
- Viva Navidad menu takes over Paradise Garden Grill - A special Viva Navidad menu is being served at California Adventure's Paradise Garden Grill, featuring Street Style Tacos, Chicken Mole and Torta al Pastor.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- VIDEO: Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular - For the Christmas season, Disneyland Park presents 'Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular,' a holiday fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle which ends with magical snowfall over Main Street U.S.A.
- Firefighters called for smoke at Disneyland
Smoke was seen coming from a Disneyland storage facility.
- Billy Hill and the Hillbillies leaving Disneyland Park in January
20-year veterans of the park, the group will hold its final performance January 6, 2014.
- Couple gets married on Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean ride
A Disney-loving couple held a secret wedding on Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Disney's Jungle Cruise getting a holiday makeover
The Jungle Cruise at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will be transforming into the "Jingle Cruise" this holiday season.
- The View to broadcast live from Disneyland in November
The show will tape November 18-22.