Disney California Adventure
Hollywood Land is a tribute to Hollywood past and present. Classic architecture sets the tone and transports you to Hollywood’s Golden Age. From the legendary Hyperion Theater to the Hollywood Tower Hotel, everything old is new again when a generous touch of Disney magic is applied. Entertainment is the focus with spectacular stage shows, a game show, an insider’s look at the animation process, and a hotel with a very quirky elevator.
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror
- Disney Animation
- Jim Henson's Muppet Vision 3D
- Disney Junior Live on Stage!
- Character Greetings
- Hollywood Backlot Dining and Refreshments
This slow moving, dark ride is fun for all ages.
Your taxi ride through Mostropolis is interrupted by breaking news…”A child is loose in Monstropolis!”.
Take a ride through the city, where you see various scenes from the movie including Harry Hausen’s restaurant and watch as Mike and Sulley try to return Boo to her home. Before exiting the ride you get one last personalized goodbye, from the grouchy Roz.
Twilight Zone: Tower of
(Opened May 2004)
This attraction is based on the Twilight
Zone television show. Looming at 13 stories tall,
the Hollywood Tower Hotel, home to this attraction,
is the tallest structure in the Disneyland Resort. Fans of
the Twilight Zone will delight in the more than
100 references to classic episodes found throughout
the queue. The attention to detail is amazing.
You’ll feel as if you’ve entered into
a hotel that was long since abandoned. The cobwebs,
yellowed newspapers and dingy furnishings in the
lobby lend to the eerie atmosphere. The bellhop
ushers you into the library. As the lights dim,
the TV flickers and your host, Rod Serling appears
on screen. This is when you learn of the ill-fated
day when five passengers vanished from the elevator.
You’ll next proceed through the boiler room
to the service elevators. Once you’re belted
in, prepare for a trip to the fifth dimension.
Each elevator ride is different, with incredible
special effects and unpredictable ride sequences.
There’s no mistaking that you entered into
the Twilight Zone.
Restrictions: Height restriction: 40” - Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible. Assistive listening devices available at Guest Relations. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, request the elevator to the right. You should be in good health, free of heart, back, neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated while riding this attraction. Expectant mothers should not ride.
Disney Animation (Opened February 2001)
Click Here for Photos The Disney Animation attraction offers a fascinating insight into the world of animation with several exhibits to visit, each offering a unique experience:
The Animation Courtyard: The lobby of the Animation building features large screens with clips and music from your favorite Disney animated features.
Animation Academy : Join a Disney artist and learn the secrets of how to draw a classic Disney character.
Sorcerer’s Workshop : For hands-on fun, this is the place to go. As you enter, you can try your hand at creating your own animation. Next you’ll enter the Beast’s Library. Prominently displayed on a shelf is the glass-encased Enchanted Rose. As the petals fall, wait and watch the sequence of events that follow. In the library, you can take a personality test, conducted by Lumiere and Cogsworth, to see which character you resemble. You may discover that there’s a bit of a Disney villain lurking within. In Ursula’s Grotto, you can voice a scene from the Little Mermaid, and then listen as it’s played back with you doing the vocals.
Character Close-Up: In the Character Close Up area (which used to host character meet & greets), you'll find the Toy Story Zoetrope. This large carousel-like disc, features three-dimensional versions of your favorite Toy Story characters and creates the illusion of movement (animation) by spinning and using strobe lights.
Turtle Talk with Crush: This interactive show with everybody’s favorite turtle from Finding Nemo, who appears on the screen to look at all “the humans in the human tank”. Through some amazing technology, Crush is able to interact with the children in the audience.
Jim Henson’s Muppet
Vision 3D (opened February 2001)
The Muppets, led by Kermit and Miss Piggy, embark on a madcap 3-D adventure in this delightful attraction. Sight gags abound in the queue area and the pre-show. The theater itself is a copy of the Muppet Show stage. As the penguin orchestra tunes up, you don your 3-D glasses and watch the mayhem unfold. In addition to Muppet favorites, Waldo the “spirit of 3-D” leads the cast in an unforgettable romp. There’s a live character, animatronics and all sorts of visual effects incorporated in this hilarious presentation. Including the pre-show, you can expect it to last 25 minutes.
Restrictions: Accessible to strollers, Wheelchair/ECVs. Assistive listening devices available at Guest Relations. Closed captioning and reflective captioning.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Disney Junior features current Disney Channel favorites in a cute 20 minute interactive show.
Characters from "Jake and the NeverLand Pirates", "Sofia the First", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Doc McStuffins" are among those featured in this preschool designed show.
The audience is invited to sit on the floor. Kids can join in and sing and dance along with familiar tunes from the Disney Channel pre-school lineup.
- Gone Hollywood – located opposite Playhouse Disney , this Art Deco themed shop features trendy and glitzy gifts, stylish apparel, and Hollywood themed souvenirs.
- Tower Hotel Gifts - Tower of Terror merchandise
- Off the Page – located adjacent to Disney Animation (you can exit the attraction via this shop.) Features Disney collectibles, animation cels, limited edition prints, books, tapes, DVDs, and other souvenirs. The fun décor is worth a visit. On the ceiling are sketches with the characters literally falling “off the page.”
- Studio Store – In zany Muppet fashion, check out the tongue-in-cheek props found throughout this shop. This shop features Muppet themed clothes, toys and souvenirs.
Meet Handy Manny and some of your favorite Disney Stars in Hollywood Land. Check daily schedule for times.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- HalloweenTime at Disneyland begins September 13! - HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort, including Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, begins September 13, 2013. Mickey's Halloween Party begins September 30, 2013.
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer - Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy - Annual Passholders are invited to learn to draw a classic Disney character and hear behind-the scenes stores from Disney Animator Eric Goldberg. The event will be held at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm in the Disney Animation building at Disney California Adventure. Passholders must register in person the day of the event.
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection - In celebration of the new "Happiest Hipster on Earth" collection, Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery will be hosting a Cocktail Reception featuring an artist signing opportunity with Jerrod Maruyama. Tickets go on sale May 21st.
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely! - The new Disneyland Resort policy requiring a credit card for reservations at Disney owned restaurants that was to go in effect soon has been delayed indefinitely.
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show - Disneyland's Summer Fireworks, Magical, now incorporates the Glow with the Show ears. Also on select days, guests wearing them can access a special viewing area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/ for more information on the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
California agency reduces violations and associated fines that came as a result of April 13th closure of three major attractions.
- Space Mountain reopens at Disneyland
After a safety-related closure, Space Mountain is back open.
- Disney contractor fined by Cal-OSHA
A Disney contractor was fined in relation to the incident in November where a worker fell from the roof of Space Mountain.
- Updated: 3 Major attractions suddenly closed at Disneyland
Several major attractions closed at the Disneyland Resort.
- No more free coffee refills on Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A.
Market House at Disneyland will not offer free coffee refills after it changes into a Starbucks this fall.