Disney California Adventure
Hollywood Land is a tribute to Hollywood past and present. Classic architecture sets the tone and transports you to Hollywood’s Golden Age. From the legendary Hyperion Theater to the Hollywood Tower Hotel, everything old is new again when a generous touch of Disney magic is applied. Entertainment is the focus with spectacular stage shows, a game show, an insider’s look at the animation process, and a hotel with a very quirky elevator.
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror
- Disney Animation
- Jim Henson's Muppet Vision 3D
- Disney Junior Live on Stage!
- Character Greetings
- Hollywood Backlot Dining and Refreshments
This slow moving, dark ride is fun for all ages.
Your taxi ride through Mostropolis is interrupted by breaking news…”A child is loose in Monstropolis!”.
Take a ride through the city, where you see various scenes from the movie including Harry Hausen’s restaurant and watch as Mike and Sulley try to return Boo to her home. Before exiting the ride you get one last personalized goodbye, from the grouchy Roz.
Twilight Zone: Tower of
(Opened May 2004)
This attraction is based on the Twilight
Zone television show. Fans of
the Twilight Zone will delight in the more than
100 references to classic episodes found throughout
the queue. The bellhop
ushers you into the library. As the lights dim,
the TV flickers and your host, Rod Serling appears
on screen. This is when you learn of the ill-fated
day when five passengers vanished from the elevator.
You’ll next proceed through the boiler room
to the service elevators. Once you’re belted
in, prepare for a trip to the fifth dimension.
There’s no mistaking that you entered into
the Twilight Zone.
Restrictions: Height restriction: 40” - Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible. Assistive listening devices available at Guest Relations. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, request the elevator to the right. You should be in good health, free of heart, back, neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated while riding this attraction. Expectant mothers should not ride.
Disney Animation (Opened February 2001)
Click Here for Photos The Disney Animation attraction offers a fascinating insight into the world of animation with several exhibits to visit, each offering a unique experience:
The Animation Courtyard: The lobby of the Animation building features large screens with clips and music from your favorite Disney animated features.
Animation Academy : Join a Disney artist and learn the secrets of how to draw a classic Disney character.
Sorcerer’s Workshop : For hands-on fun, this is the place to go. As you enter, you can try your hand at creating your own animation. Next you’ll enter the Beast’s Library. Prominently displayed on a shelf is the glass-encased Enchanted Rose. As the petals fall, wait and watch the sequence of events that follow. In the library, you can take a personality test, conducted by Lumiere and Cogsworth, to see which character you resemble. You may discover that there’s a bit of a Disney villain lurking within. In Ursula’s Grotto, you can voice a scene from the Little Mermaid, and then listen as it’s played back with you doing the vocals.
Character Close-Up: In the Character Close Up area, you'll find the Toy Story Zoetrope. This large carousel-like disc, features three-dimensional versions of your favorite Toy Story characters and creates the illusion of movement (animation) by spinning and using strobe lights.
Turtle Talk with Crush: This interactive show with everybody’s favorite turtle from Finding Nemo, who appears on the screen to look at all “the humans in the human tank”. Through some amazing technology, Crush is able to interact with the children in the audience.
Jim Henson’s Muppet
Vision 3D (opened February 2001)
The Muppets, led by Kermit and Miss Piggy, embark on a madcap 3-D adventure in this delightful attraction. Sight gags abound in the queue area and the pre-show. The theater itself is a copy of the Muppet Show stage. As the penguin orchestra tunes up, you don your 3-D glasses and watch the mayhem unfold. In addition to Muppet favorites, Waldo the “spirit of 3-D” leads the cast in an unforgettable romp. There’s a live character, animatronics and all sorts of visual effects incorporated in this hilarious presentation. Including the pre-show, you can expect it to last 25 minutes.
Restrictions: Accessible to strollers, Wheelchair/ECVs. Assistive listening devices available at Guest Relations. Closed captioning and reflective captioning.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Disney Junior features current Disney Channel favorites in a cute 20 minute interactive show.
Characters from "Jake and the NeverLand Pirates", "Sofia the First", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Doc McStuffins" are among those featured in this preschool designed show.
The audience is invited to sit on the floor. Kids can join in and sing and dance along with familiar tunes from the Disney Channel pre-school lineup.
- Gone Hollywood – located opposite Disney Junior-Live on Stage, this Art Deco themed shop features trendy and glitzy gifts, stylish apparel, and Hollywood themed souvenirs.
- Tower Hotel Gifts - Tower of Terror merchandise
- Off the Page – located adjacent to Disney Animation (you can exit the attraction via this shop.) Features Disney collectibles, animation cels, limited edition prints, books, tapes, DVDs, and other souvenirs. The fun décor is worth a visit. On the ceiling are sketches with the characters literally falling “off the page.”
- Studio Store – In zany Muppet fashion, check out the tongue-in-cheek props found throughout this shop. This shop features Muppet themed clothes, toys and souvenirs.
Meet Sofia the First, Doc McSuffins and more of your favorite Disney Junior stars in Hollywood Land. Check daily schedule for times.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- Big Hero 6 meet coming to Disneyland Park - Beginning after the movie opens in November, meet Hiro and Baymax from Disney's newest animated feature, "Big Hero 6", inside the Starcade in Tomorrowland.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel – La Quinta Inn & Suites
- VIDEO: Halloween Treats At Disneyland Resort - Tom Bell, host of The DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition, talks with a Disney Chef about Halloween treats you can find this year at the Disneyland Resort.
- Top 5 tips to make your trip through the airport go smoother - You read those stories all the time about people complaining about their travel experiences. I would like to share some tips to help make your next trip to Walt Disney World a pleasant experience.
- VIDEO: Halloween and the Cadaver Dans at Disneyland Resort - Tom Bell, host of The DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition, talks about Disneyland Resort's celebration of Halloween. Plus the Cadaver Dans perform in front of the Haunted Mansion.
- Anna & Elsa's Boutique now open at the Disneyland Resort - Anna & Elsa's Boutique has replaced Studio Disney 365 in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Book Review: Walt Disney: Drawn from Imagination
- Get 4th night free or save 30% at Aulani, plus get free breakfast - Stay 4 nights and get the 4th free, plus complimentary breakfast. Stay longer and get 30% off stays of 5 nights or longer, plus complimentary breakfast. Offer is valid for stays most nights 1/4/15 - 3/23/15.
- Mickey's Halloween Party is completely sold out! - Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park is now completely sold out for all remaining dates.
- Blog - Theme Parks Increase Intellectual Property Lineup
- Which Disneyland Resort character meal is right for you? - The Disneyland Resort offers several character meals, so how do you decide which one is best for you and your family?
- Thanksgiving options at the Disneyland Resort - The Disneyland Resort offers several options for Thanksgiving, including a feast in the Grand Ballroom of the Disneyland Hotel.
- Blog - Before and After - Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland
- Blog - How did you become a Disney fan?
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland Pre and Post-2014 Refurb Picture in Picture POV - The attraction was recently opened after a rehab. Watch both the old and the new attraction together with this Picture in Picture video.
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland POV at Disneyland - The ride has re-opened with brand new video effects, a lot of new paint, added characters throughout the attraction and the removal of safety rails from the exterior portion of the attraction.
- 2015 dates released for Disneyland's Grad Nite - Dates and pricing has been released for Grad Nite 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Mickey's Halloween Party perks for Disneyland Passholders - Disneyland Annual Passholders who are attending Mickey's Halloween Party can stop by the Opera House for screenings of Halloween-themed Disney classics plus a tasty treat.
- Tips for using FastPass at Disneyland - With all the talk of Magic Bands and FastPass+ lately, I thought it might be good to remind folks that the Disneyland Resort is still using the "classic" paper FastPass system and maybe pass on a few tips.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Candy Cane Inn
- Save 20% on premium rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Most weeknights this Fall, save 20% on premium rooms at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Health Department closes Knott's Berry Farm restaurant
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant closed briefly due to cockroach infestation.
- Guests stuck on Mickey's Fun Wheel for 90 minutes
Cast members evacuated the passengers by rotating the wheel manually.
- New drawbridge for Sleeping Beauty Castle
Sleeping Beauty Castle has received a new drawbridge and railings.
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.