Disney California Adventure
Hollywood Land is a tribute to Hollywood past and present. Classic architecture sets the tone and transports you to Hollywood’s Golden Age. From the legendary Hyperion Theater to the Hollywood Tower Hotel, everything old is new again when a generous touch of Disney magic is applied. Entertainment is the focus with spectacular stage shows, a game show, an insider’s look at the animation process, and a hotel with a very quirky elevator.
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror
- Disney Animation
- Jim Henson's Muppet Vision 3D
- Disney Junior Live on Stage!
- Character Greetings
- Hollywood Backlot Dining and Refreshments
This slow moving, dark ride is fun for all ages.
Your taxi ride through Mostropolis is interrupted by breaking news…”A child is loose in Monstropolis!”.
Take a ride through the city, where you see various scenes from the movie including Harry Hausen’s restaurant and watch as Mike and Sulley try to return Boo to her home. Before exiting the ride you get one last personalized goodbye, from the grouchy Roz.
Twilight Zone: Tower of
(Opened May 2004)
This attraction is based on the Twilight
Zone television show. Fans of
the Twilight Zone will delight in the more than
100 references to classic episodes found throughout
the queue. The bellhop
ushers you into the library. As the lights dim,
the TV flickers and your host, Rod Serling appears
on screen. This is when you learn of the ill-fated
day when five passengers vanished from the elevator.
You’ll next proceed through the boiler room
to the service elevators. Once you’re belted
in, prepare for a trip to the fifth dimension.
There’s no mistaking that you entered into
the Twilight Zone.
Restrictions: Height restriction: 40” - Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible. Assistive listening devices available at Guest Relations. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, request the elevator to the right. You should be in good health, free of heart, back, neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated while riding this attraction. Expectant mothers should not ride.
Disney Animation (Opened February 2001)
Click Here for Photos The Disney Animation attraction offers a fascinating insight into the world of animation with several exhibits to visit, each offering a unique experience:
The Animation Courtyard: The lobby of the Animation building features large screens with clips and music from your favorite Disney animated features.
Animation Academy : Join a Disney artist and learn the secrets of how to draw a classic Disney character.
Sorcerer’s Workshop : For hands-on fun, this is the place to go. As you enter, you can try your hand at creating your own animation. Next you’ll enter the Beast’s Library. Prominently displayed on a shelf is the glass-encased Enchanted Rose. As the petals fall, wait and watch the sequence of events that follow. In the library, you can take a personality test, conducted by Lumiere and Cogsworth, to see which character you resemble. You may discover that there’s a bit of a Disney villain lurking within. In Ursula’s Grotto, you can voice a scene from the Little Mermaid, and then listen as it’s played back with you doing the vocals.
Character Close-Up: In the Character Close Up area, you'll find the Toy Story Zoetrope. This large carousel-like disc, features three-dimensional versions of your favorite Toy Story characters and creates the illusion of movement (animation) by spinning and using strobe lights.
Turtle Talk with Crush: This interactive show with everybody’s favorite turtle from Finding Nemo, who appears on the screen to look at all “the humans in the human tank”. Through some amazing technology, Crush is able to interact with the children in the audience.
Jim Henson’s Muppet
Vision 3D (opened February 2001)
The Muppets, led by Kermit and Miss Piggy, embark on a madcap 3-D adventure in this delightful attraction. Sight gags abound in the queue area and the pre-show. The theater itself is a copy of the Muppet Show stage. As the penguin orchestra tunes up, you don your 3-D glasses and watch the mayhem unfold. In addition to Muppet favorites, Waldo the “spirit of 3-D” leads the cast in an unforgettable romp. There’s a live character, animatronics and all sorts of visual effects incorporated in this hilarious presentation. Including the pre-show, you can expect it to last 25 minutes.
Restrictions: Accessible to strollers, Wheelchair/ECVs. Assistive listening devices available at Guest Relations. Closed captioning and reflective captioning.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Disney Junior features current Disney Channel favorites in a cute 20 minute interactive show.
Characters from "Jake and the NeverLand Pirates", "Sofia the First", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Doc McStuffins" are among those featured in this preschool designed show.
The audience is invited to sit on the floor. Kids can join in and sing and dance along with familiar tunes from the Disney Channel pre-school lineup.
- Gone Hollywood – located opposite Playhouse Disney , this Art Deco themed shop features trendy and glitzy gifts, stylish apparel, and Hollywood themed souvenirs.
- Tower Hotel Gifts - Tower of Terror merchandise
- Off the Page – located adjacent to Disney Animation (you can exit the attraction via this shop.) Features Disney collectibles, animation cels, limited edition prints, books, tapes, DVDs, and other souvenirs. The fun décor is worth a visit. On the ceiling are sketches with the characters literally falling “off the page.”
- Studio Store – In zany Muppet fashion, check out the tongue-in-cheek props found throughout this shop. This shop features Muppet themed clothes, toys and souvenirs.
Meet Sofia the First, Doc McSuffins and more of your favorite Disney Junior stars in Hollywood Land. Check daily schedule for times.
- Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party tickets now on sale to the general public. - This event runs September 12-October 31, 2014.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - Disneyland Celebrates 59 and looks forward to 60
- Adventure Trading Company comes to Disneyland Park - Beginning August 1st, experience this new interactive storytelling adventure inside Adventureland in Disneyland Park.
- Passholder tickets now on sale for Mickey's Halloween Party - Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park are now on sale to Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members.
- Local Southern California Theatre presents Tarzan-The Musical - Musical Theatre Orange County's production of Tarzan-The Musical, featuring sets by Disney artist Dave Avanzino, opens this weekend at El Dorado High School in Placentia, California.
- WonderGround Gallery Artist in Residence for August - Liana Hee is the Artist in Residence for August and will be on hand at the WonderGround Gallery in Disneyland's Downtown Disney most weekend evenings meeting guests and signing her work.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.