Disney California Adventure
Sunshine Plaza is now CLOSED - Soon to be Buena Vista Street!
There will lots of changes happening to this area in the upcoming years. They will be removing the Golden Gate bridge, the California sign at the entrance, and the mural. This area will be re-themed to 1920's Los Angeles. Some of the changes include a replica of the Carthay Theater where Walt Disney debuted Snow White, a Red Trolley car, new shops and dining, and a new Partners statue, similar to the one at the Magic Kingdom, with a young Walt and Mickey Mouse.
The entry way to Disney California Adventure, the Sunshine Plaza consists of two portions, the Golden Gateway and the Gateway Plaza. The Golden Gateway actually starts outside of the park, and here is where you'll find the giant letters spelling out CALIFORNIA. On either side you'll find the giant tile murals representing various points of interest in California, the golden state. Upon entering the park, you'll cross under the replica of the Golden Gate bridge. The monorail will cross over this bridge throughout the day. As you enter the Gateway Plaza, you'll see the focal point, the giant sun. You are now in the hub of the park, and from here can head off to the various other areas in the park.
- Engine Ears Toys - located inside the California Zephyr, featuring toy trains, souvenirs and sweets (Closed pending the transformation to Buena Vista Street)
- Greetings from California - clothing, toys, gifts, pins, jewelry, souvenirs, film (Closed pending the transformation to Buena Vista Street)
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - Disneyland Celebrates 59 and looks forward to 60
- Adventure Trading Company comes to Disneyland Park - Beginning August 1st, experience this new interactive storytelling adventure inside Adventureland in Disneyland Park.
- Passholder tickets now on sale for Mickey's Halloween Party - Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park are now on sale to Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members.
- Local Southern California Theatre presents Tarzan-The Musical - Musical Theatre Orange County's production of Tarzan-The Musical, featuring sets by Disney artist Dave Avanzino, opens this weekend at El Dorado High School in Placentia, California.
- WonderGround Gallery Artist in Residence for August - Liana Hee is the Artist in Residence for August and will be on hand at the WonderGround Gallery in Disneyland's Downtown Disney most weekend evenings meeting guests and signing her work.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.