Disney California Adventure
Sunshine Plaza is now CLOSED - Soon to be Buena Vista Street!
There will lots of changes happening to this area in the upcoming years. They will be removing the Golden Gate bridge, the California sign at the entrance, and the mural. This area will be re-themed to 1920's Los Angeles. Some of the changes include a replica of the Carthay Theater where Walt Disney debuted Snow White, a Red Trolley car, new shops and dining, and a new Partners statue, similar to the one at the Magic Kingdom, with a young Walt and Mickey Mouse.
The entry way to Disney California Adventure, the Sunshine Plaza consists of two portions, the Golden Gateway and the Gateway Plaza. The Golden Gateway actually starts outside of the park, and here is where you'll find the giant letters spelling out CALIFORNIA. On either side you'll find the giant tile murals representing various points of interest in California, the golden state. Upon entering the park, you'll cross under the replica of the Golden Gate bridge. The monorail will cross over this bridge throughout the day. As you enter the Gateway Plaza, you'll see the focal point, the giant sun. You are now in the hub of the park, and from here can head off to the various other areas in the park.
- Engine Ears Toys - located inside the California Zephyr, featuring toy trains, souvenirs and sweets (Closed pending the transformation to Buena Vista Street)
- Greetings from California - clothing, toys, gifts, pins, jewelry, souvenirs, film (Closed pending the transformation to Buena Vista Street)
- Starbucks at Disneyland's Downtown Disney opens March 10th - A Starbucks Coffee in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will open March 10th near the World of Disney store.
- Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to reopen March 17th - Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will reopen to regular guests on March 17th after a 14-month refurbishment. Annual Passholders can experience the attraction beginning March 13th.
- Blog - Good Neighbor Hotel - Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
- Jeff Granito is WonderGround's Artist in Residence for March - Local Southern California artist Jeff Granito will be appearing at the WonderGround Gallery at the Disneyland Resort on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout March.
- Brunch options for Mother's Day at Disneyland - The brunch previously held at the Disneyland Hotel has been discontinued, but Storytellers Café and PCH Grill will still host brunches. Make reservations beginning March 12th.
- RunDisney announces Avengers Marathon at Disneyland - This new race weekend takes place 11/14/14-11/16/14 and will feature a half marathon, 5K and kids races. Registration opens March 25.
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
The event will be held May 23 and 24, 2014.
- runDisney announces Avengers Half Marathon for Disneyland
Registration opens March 25.
- Disney's first quarter earnings report shows 33% profit increase
Disney showed increases in all divisions of the company.
- Eight Disney hotels honored by U.S. News & World Report
Several Disney hotels were named the best in their markets.
- Popular Disneyland act moves to Knott's Berry Farm
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies move to Knott's Berry Farm.