Disney World Resort Discount Tips
- Current Disney World Room Only Offers / Discount Codes
- Hotels Around Walt Disney World
- Buena Vista Suites - Rates from $89!
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - Rates from $149!
- Sheraton Vistana Villages - 1-Bedroom Villa from $99!
- Sheraton Vistana Resort - 1-Bedroom Villa from $99!
- Discount on Room only reservations - September -December 2014
- Click here for Annual Passholder deals!
- Save up to 40% at Disney Resorts! - Select nights 9/29/13 - 9/27/14
Visiting Walt Disney World can be an expensive proposition, but there are ways to cut the costs and make your vacation a reality.
Disney often releases discounts throughout the course of the year. They can apply to all-inclusive packages, “room only” reservations, Annual Passholders, or Florida Residents. In addition, some guests get direct mailed postcards with special offers.
Predicting when and if these offers will be announced is impossible. If you’d rather go with a “sure thing”, you may want to join the American Automobile Association (AAA). Members typically get 10 to 15% off of the standard room rates. Depending on the accommodations selected and availability, the savings can offset the cost of the membership as well as provide a discount. For packages or cruises, members need to go through AAA directly. For “room only” reservations, AAA members can book with Disney or through a travel agency. AAA members can get a no obligation quote here.
Another venue for discounts is through the Disney Visa. This Visa offers 0% financing for the first 6 months of a Disney vacation paid for with the card. You’ll also get Disney Reward Dollars based on your account activity that can be used towards your vacation, merchandise, etc. The Disney Visa often has special offers for cardholders that provide discounts on both Disney World and Disneyland vacations; shipboard credits for Disney Cruises, Disney Store online purchases, and Disney Broadway play tickets. (Offers vary and some restrictions may apply.) Get a no obligation Disney quote.
Save up to 30%! October 2014 - December 2014
Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
Guests can save up to 30% when booking a room-only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for stays select nights October 2014 - December 2014.
These room only rates can also be used for a Disney World Package. The Disney Dining plan can be added with this discount.
Book this deal by 10/3/14. Offer excludes campsites, 3-bedroom villas, the Art of Animation Resort Little Mermaid rooms, the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, and Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply. Get a no-obligation Disney quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel.
There are currently no Visa Room Only offers available.
Save up to 35%! July 2014 - September 2014
Valid for stays most nights 7/20/14 - 9/27/14.
Florida residents can save when booking a room-only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for stays most nights July 2014 - September 2014.
- Value Resorts - Save up to 25%!
- Moderate Resorts - Save up to 30%!
- Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts - Save up to 35%!
Book this deal by 9/24/14. Offer excludes 3-bedroom villas. Must present valid proof of Florida residency at check-in. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply. Get a no-obligation Disney quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel.
Discount available September 2014 - October 2015
Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
Guests presenting a valid military ID when checking in at select Walt Disney World resorts are eligible for special room only discounts.
Book this deal by 10/3/15. Blackout dates include 11/27- 11/29/14, 12/24-12/31/14 and 3/30-4/4/15. To book these rooms, call 407-939-7830 or participating U.S. military base ticket offices. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply. Get a no-obligation Disney quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel.
Save up to 40%! September 2013 - September 2014
Valid for stays most nights 9/29/2013 - 9/27/2014.
Guests presenting a valid military ID when checking in at select Walt Disney World resorts are eligible for special room only discounts.
- Select Disney Value Resorts (including Art of Animation family suites): 30% off
- Select Disney Moderate Resorts and Fort Wilderness Cabins: 35% off
- Select Disney Deluxe Resorts: 40% off
Book this deal by 9/27/14. Blackout dates include 11/28-11/30/13, 12/23-12/31/13 and 4/14-4/19/14. The Disney Dining Plan may be added at the normal price. Art of Animation Little Mermaid standard rooms are not included. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply. Get a no-obligation Disney quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel.passes are not inexpensive.
Annual passholders can save from September 2014 - December 2014!
Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
Annual passholders can save when booking a room-only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for stays most nights September 2014 - December 2014.
Sample Pricing: The following pricing is for select dates 10/19-11/21/14 and 11/29-12/11/14, Sunday – Thursday in a Standard Room. Sample pricing does not include tax. Rates will vary depending the resort, room type, and dates of travel. Click Here to see a list of the non-discounted Rates.
- All-Star Sports Resort - $79 (Sun-Thurs), $95 (Fri-Sat)
- Pop Century - $87 (Sun-Thurs), $104 (Fri-Sat)
- Caribbean Beach Resort - $136 (Sun-Thurs), $151 (Fri-Sat)
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort - $209 (Sun-Thurs), $234 (Fri-Sat)
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - $228 (Sun-Thurs), $228 (Fri-Sat)
Book this deal by 12/20/14. Offer excludes campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Little Mermaid standard rooms, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Must present valid Annual Pass at check-in. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply. Get a no-obligation Disney quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel.
You see that you may get discounts by living in Florida, having an AAA membership, a Disney Visa card, booking a Magic Your Way Package or by having an Annual Pass. What if none of these describe you or meet your personal needs? Are you doomed to paying full price? Not necessarily. Occasionally Disney does extend room only offers to the general public. Your best bet is to keep your eye on the DIS Discount Page . If there’s nothing that you qualify for but your travel dates are flexible, then you may consider visiting Disney World during a less expensive Season. The price is determined by your date of arrival. If you cross into a higher priced season, the room rate doesn’t change. Be sure to purchase your Tickets in advance to take advantage of pre-arrival discounts. There are times when there’s absolutely nothing to be had at a discount. For those instances, measure the value of what you’re getting. The experiences that you’ll have while at Disney World will create priceless memories.
For more suggestions and tips, you can visit our Discussion Boards. If you prefer to simply read the topics, registration is not needed. If you wish to participate, first time visitors must register in order to post.
- Pricing structure changed for Valet Parking at Downtown Disney - Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car.
- Blog - Top 5 Must Do's at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Pangani Research Center closes for refurb - Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area will be closed 9/2 - 11/14/2014.
- Blog - Villains Soiree - Wickedly Disappointing
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees