Disney Cruise Line - Info for first time Cruisers
You're going on a Disney Cruise for the first time and you have a zillion questions. Relax, we have the information you need to plan ahead and to make your planning process simple. Starting with booking a Disney Cruise to enjoying yourself onboard, everything you need to know is here.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
First Time Cruising— August 15th, 2012
Kathleen Bobbitt discusses her very first cruise aboard the Disney Dream.
- Disney Cruise Vacation Planning Guide
- When to travel
- The cost of a Disney Cruise
- Saving money on your stateroom
- Deposit / Final Payment (interim payments)
- Travel Insurance
- Cancellation Policy
- Dining times (1st / 2nd seating)
- Seat Assignments (dining)
- Choosing a stateroom
- Booking your flights
- Packing lists
- Getting to the port / Boarding the ship
- Motion Sickness
- Sending a box to the ship in advance of your cruise
- Disney Cruises to Alaska
- Disney Cruises to the Bahamas
- Disney Cruises to Canada
- Disney Cruises to the Caribbean
- Disney Cruises to Hawaii
- Disney Cruises to Europe
- Disney Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
- Disney Cruises to the Panama Canal
- Disney Cruises from New York
- Disney Cruises from Galveston Texas
- Disney Cruises from Miami Florida
- Pools / On deck activities
- Kids with special needs
- Kids Clubs
- Cruising with infants
- Gym/Workout facility
- Sports facilities
- Adults only areas
- Activities for adults
- Bringing alcohol on board / Purchasing alcohol on board
- Palo - This is an adult-only restaurant, dress code applies.
- Remy - This is an adult-only restaruant on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Traveling while pregnant
- Counter service
- Room Service
- What is a Dining rotation?
- Cell Phones / Wireless Internet
- Laundry Facilities / Dry Cleaning
- Tipping / Gratuities
- Mandatory emergency evacuation drill
- Medical Services
- Shore Excursions
- DIS’ers and DCL
- Recreational Activities
- What you’ll spend on board
- Guests with special needs
- Holidays on the Disney Cruise Line
- New Year's Eve
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit offer for Galveston cruises extended through 12/7/13 - Book a 7-night Bahamian or Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Wonder and get a great onboard credit, plus only pay half of the deposit amount!
- Changes made to several upcoming sailings - Several sail dates have been changed to accommodate the Disney Dream's new Monday and Friday departure schedule. Some sailings on the Disney Magic will now take place on the Disney Wonder.
- Disney Cruise discounts offered for Florida residents - Florida residents can take advantage of several discounts offered by Disney Cruise Line.
- Military discount offered on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. Military can get a great rate on a Panama Canal cruise with Disney Cruise Line!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Inside Passage - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Midship - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Skagway - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Forward - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney Cruise Line - Skagway Pier - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- Disney Cruise Line offers multiple discounted rates - Disney Cruise Line offers lead rates on several of their sail dates.
- VIDEO: Chocolate Tasting on the Disney Wonder - Visit http://www.disunplugged.com for more episodes of the DIS Unplugged.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Contact Dreams Unlimited Travel for more information! RCCL@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
- Sail out of Miami for as little as $125 per person, per day! - Book a 5-night Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Magic out of Miami and get a great rate, starting at only $125 per person, per day!
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- New sail dates added for the Disney Magic
The Disney Magic will begin sailing 7-night Caribbean itineraries out of Port Canaveral.
- Changes to sail dates for the Disney Magic
Sail dates have been been changed for several sailings on the Disney Magic. Some sailings will now take place on the Disney Wonder instead.
- Disney Cruise Line holds first AquaDucky fundraiser
Disney Cruise Line hosts a unique fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish organization.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Catches Fire
A fire aboard Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas interrupts a seven-night Bahamian cruise.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.