Key West Shore Excursions
Duval Street is the town center and is home to a variety of restaurants and shops. The atmosphere is both laid back and lively. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and Sloppy Joe's are two of the more popular stops.
At only 90 miles from Cuba, Key West is the southernmost point in the continental U.S. One of the most popular spots for a photo is the colorful Key West landmark that commemorates this unique designation.
Once home to such luminaries as Ernest Hemingway, Key West still attracts those pursuing a more offbeat lifestyle. This is most evident at the daily sunset celebration at Mallory Dock. Jugglers, mimes, musicians and street artists assemble to perform at this Key West ritual.
Walking to most areas from the dock is a breeze. The only downside is that it's often hot and humid. There are plenty of air conditioned shops to browse and spots to get a cool drink. You'll want to sample the Key Lime Pie (or ice cream, or candy) or any one of a number of confections made from this famous ingredient.
Be sure to check the time of the sunset as it is spectacular. As you sail away with memories of the sea set ablaze, you'll carry fond recollections of the delightful Key West.
Please Note - Some of the Duval street shops may be inappropriate for young children. You will see a lot of shops selling water pipes and spring-break-type slogan shirts.
Back to Nature Kayak Tour (3-3.5 hours)
This naturally appealing excursion starts with a comfortable boat ride to the Wildlife Refuge, where uninhabited islands are scattered like pirate's treasure in the sparkling waters of Florida Bay. After guests board their 2 person kayak, they will be guided through the reserve as the guide points out the native birds, marine life and plants that can be spotted along the way. Water and soft drinks are provided. Guests are taken directly from the pier to the Wildlife Refuge via boat. Boat ride to the Wildlife Refuge is approximately 30 minutes. Guests kayak for approximately 1 hour.
Price: $59.00 (10 yrs & up) No one under age 10.
Catamaran Racing (2.5-3 hours)
This winning excursion allows guests to compete in one of the most exciting sporting events in Key West. In this hands-on experience, guests will participate in an actual catamaran race as the captain guides guests to potential victory. No prior experience needed -- just the desire to race to win. Nonalcoholic beverages and -- win or lose -- a victory party is included and is held at the pier where the ship is docked. Guests are taken directly from the pier to the Catamaran.
Price: $69.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (6-9): $56.00 No one under age 6.
Conch Republic Tour & Museum Package (2-2.5 hours)
Choose train or trolley to embark on an hour-long tour of Key West and 100 of its key attractions and historical sites. After taking in the sights, guests will stop at Mallory Square, where they will be provided with admission for self-guided visits to the Key West Aquarium and the Key West Shipwreck Historeum. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour.
Price: $45.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $24.00
Glass-bottom Boat Tour on the Pride of Key West (2-2.25 hours)
It's like a window to another world. The Pride of Key West, a 65-foot glass-bottom catamaran, gives guests an incomparable view of the underwater world of the Keys. This comfortably appointed vessel boasts upper and lower sundecks, a large climate-controlled viewing area, snack bar and restrooms on board. Guests just need to sit back and relax as they enjoy this two-hour narrated eco tour of North America's only living coral reef. Snacks and non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase. Guests are taken directly from the pier to the Catamaran.
Price: $39.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $18.00
Key West Catamaran Sail & Snorkel Tour (3-3.5hours)
For guests who are the seafaring sort, this is the best way to experience the magic of Key West. Guests will enjoy a three-hour sailing adventure aboard a 65-foot catamaran that includes spectacular snorkeling in the crystal-blue waters amid vibrant coral and tropical fish. Snorkeling equipment and professional instruction provided, as well as non-alcoholic beverages. The snorkeling equipment provided includes fins, snorkel, mask and a horse collar vest. Guests snorkel from the boat. There is 1 instructor to 25 guests.
Price: $47.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (5-9): $27.00 No one under age 5.
Key West Walking Tour (1.5-1.75 hours)
Get on your walking shoes and explore many of the Conch Republic's famed sites on this 1.5-hour tour. Guests will see the oldest house in South Florida, have a chance to sample the Conch Republic's signature dessert at the Key Lime Pie Bakery, watch cigars being made at a working factory, visit lush tropical gardens and more.
Price: $20.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $13.00 No one under age 3.
Old Town Trolley or Conch Train Tour (1-1.5 hours)
Train or trolley? Take your pick--either one will take you on a fascinating 60-minute tour in the southernmost city in the continental U.S. Guests will see 100 points of interest, including attractions and historical sites such as Hemingway's Key West abode, the famous Sloppy Joe's and more. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour.
Price: $24.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $12.00
Pirate Soul and Shipwreck Historeum (2.5 hours)
You'll enter the Pirate Soul and hear stories of fact and legend bringing this colorful era to life. You'll next explore the Shipwreck Historeum where salvagers, wreckers and lumbers will relay their exciting adventures.
Price: $31.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $16.00
Pirate Scavenger Hunt (1.5 hours)
You'll head to the Pirate's museum where you'll embark on an exciting treasure hunt. Along the way the clues will lead you through discoveries about this legendary lifestyle.
Price: $23.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $17.00, Children under age 3 are free
Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory with Aquarium (2 hours)
A 21st century conservatory is yours to explore. You'll see beautiful butterflies,colorful birds, tropical fish and lush plant life. At the Key West Aquarium, you'll discover the intricacies of the native eco-system. You can even pet a shark at this unique destination.
Price: $30.00 (10 yrs & up), Child (3-9): $20.00, Children under age 3 are free
Sail, Kayak & Snorkel Excursion (5-5.5 hours)
It's three adventures in one! First, sail in a two-masted traditional schooner, much as the early Key West adventurers did, to mysterious mangrove islands for kayaking (2 person) amid pristine natural surroundings. After the eco tour is complete, it's time to plunge beneath the surface and discover the underwater world of the Keys. Guests will be provided with snorkeling equipment and instruction to enjoy the area's aquatic flora and fauna. Upon their return to the ship pier, guests will pause to refresh with a delicious repast of fresh fruit, chips, salsa, non-alcoholic beverages and more. The snorkeling equipment provided includes fins, snorkel, mask and a horse collar vest.
Price: $79.00 (10 yrs & up) No one under age 10.
Western Union Schooner Sunset Sail (3 hours)
Enjoy a front-row seat for a famous Key West sunset. After arriving via Conch Train or Old Town Trolley, guests will board the schooner Western Union for a two-hour sailing experience and sunset viewing that includes snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour. The ride to the schooner is approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
Price: $59.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $24.00
Western Union Schooner Day Sail (3 hours)
This excursion will put the wind in the guest's sails: a two-hour cruise on a majestic schooner, the Western Union. Guests arrive via Conch Train or Old Town Trolley and set sail on a journey that includes snacks and beverages. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour. The ride to the schooner is approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
Price: $46.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9) $23.00
Please note: except where noted, shore excursions are operated by independent contractors. All excursions are subject to cancellation due to weather, itinerary changes and attendance. Excursions are booked on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. All prices are subject to change without notice. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Changes to parking procedure at Port Canaveral - You will pay as you enter the lot. Booth 1 will be manned and the others will be automated. Cash or credit card is accepted and guests will receive a printed ticket and receipt. If you would like, you can make a reservation and pre-pay on the Port Canaveral website.
- Anna and Elsa will be on Alaska sailings and select Mediterranean sailings - The characters will be on Alaskan sailings this summer, as well as Mediterranean cruises 7 nights or longer.
- Military cruise discounts offered on a variety of sailings - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - These Florida Resident discounts come and go quickly and must be booked by 7/6/2014.
- Disney Cruise Line Navigator app now available on Disney Wonder - Guests with upcoming cruises will get an email explaining how the app works. The app can be downloaded before your cruise from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
- Tasting menu debuts at Palo on Disney Cruise Line - This dinner features six courses that have been paired with wines.
- Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line cruise enhancements released - Combining ABD's personal service and expertise in guided travel across the world with the enchantment of a Disney cruise, you will have a selection of unique onboard activities and premium shore experiences designed to immerse you and your family in the history and sights of your destination.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.