Key West Shore Excursions
Duval Street is the town center and is home to a variety of restaurants and shops. The atmosphere is both laid back and lively. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and Sloppy Joe's are two of the more popular stops.
At only 90 miles from Cuba, Key West is the southernmost point in the continental U.S. One of the most popular spots for a photo is the colorful Key West landmark that commemorates this unique designation.
Once home to such luminaries as Ernest Hemingway, Key West still attracts those pursuing a more offbeat lifestyle. This is most evident at the daily sunset celebration at Mallory Dock. Jugglers, mimes, musicians and street artists assemble to perform at this Key West ritual.
Walking to most areas from the dock is a breeze. The only downside is that it's often hot and humid. There are plenty of air conditioned shops to browse and spots to get a cool drink. You'll want to sample the Key Lime Pie (or ice cream, or candy) or any one of a number of confections made from this famous ingredient.
Be sure to check the time of the sunset as it is spectacular. As you sail away with memories of the sea set ablaze, you'll carry fond recollections of the delightful Key West.
Please Note - Some of the Duval street shops may be inappropriate for young children. You will see a lot of shops selling water pipes and spring-break-type slogan shirts.
Back to Nature Kayak Tour (3-3.5 hours)
This naturally appealing excursion starts with a comfortable boat ride to the Wildlife Refuge, where uninhabited islands are scattered like pirate's treasure in the sparkling waters of Florida Bay. After guests board their 2 person kayak, they will be guided through the reserve as the guide points out the native birds, marine life and plants that can be spotted along the way. Water and soft drinks are provided. Guests are taken directly from the pier to the Wildlife Refuge via boat. Boat ride to the Wildlife Refuge is approximately 30 minutes. Guests kayak for approximately 1 hour.
Price: $59.00 (10 yrs & up) No one under age 10.
Catamaran Racing (2.5-3 hours)
This winning excursion allows guests to compete in one of the most exciting sporting events in Key West. In this hands-on experience, guests will participate in an actual catamaran race as the captain guides guests to potential victory. No prior experience needed -- just the desire to race to win. Nonalcoholic beverages and -- win or lose -- a victory party is included and is held at the pier where the ship is docked. Guests are taken directly from the pier to the Catamaran.
Price: $69.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (6-9): $56.00 No one under age 6.
Conch Republic Tour & Museum Package (2-2.5 hours)
Choose train or trolley to embark on an hour-long tour of Key West and 100 of its key attractions and historical sites. After taking in the sights, guests will stop at Mallory Square, where they will be provided with admission for self-guided visits to the Key West Aquarium and the Key West Shipwreck Historeum. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour.
Price: $45.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $24.00
Glass-bottom Boat Tour on the Pride of Key West (2-2.25 hours)
It's like a window to another world. The Pride of Key West, a 65-foot glass-bottom catamaran, gives guests an incomparable view of the underwater world of the Keys. This comfortably appointed vessel boasts upper and lower sundecks, a large climate-controlled viewing area, snack bar and restrooms on board. Guests just need to sit back and relax as they enjoy this two-hour narrated eco tour of North America's only living coral reef. Snacks and non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase. Guests are taken directly from the pier to the Catamaran.
Price: $39.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $18.00
Key West Catamaran Sail & Snorkel Tour (3-3.5hours)
For guests who are the seafaring sort, this is the best way to experience the magic of Key West. Guests will enjoy a three-hour sailing adventure aboard a 65-foot catamaran that includes spectacular snorkeling in the crystal-blue waters amid vibrant coral and tropical fish. Snorkeling equipment and professional instruction provided, as well as non-alcoholic beverages. The snorkeling equipment provided includes fins, snorkel, mask and a horse collar vest. Guests snorkel from the boat. There is 1 instructor to 25 guests.
Price: $47.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (5-9): $27.00 No one under age 5.
Key West Walking Tour (1.5-1.75 hours)
Get on your walking shoes and explore many of the Conch Republic's famed sites on this 1.5-hour tour. Guests will see the oldest house in South Florida, have a chance to sample the Conch Republic's signature dessert at the Key Lime Pie Bakery, watch cigars being made at a working factory, visit lush tropical gardens and more.
Price: $20.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $13.00 No one under age 3.
Old Town Trolley or Conch Train Tour (1-1.5 hours)
Train or trolley? Take your pick--either one will take you on a fascinating 60-minute tour in the southernmost city in the continental U.S. Guests will see 100 points of interest, including attractions and historical sites such as Hemingway's Key West abode, the famous Sloppy Joe's and more. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour.
Price: $24.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $12.00
Pirate Soul and Shipwreck Historeum (2.5 hours)
You'll enter the Pirate Soul and hear stories of fact and legend bringing this colorful era to life. You'll next explore the Shipwreck Historeum where salvagers, wreckers and lumbers will relay their exciting adventures.
Price: $31.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $16.00
Pirate Scavenger Hunt (1.5 hours)
You'll head to the Pirate's museum where you'll embark on an exciting treasure hunt. Along the way the clues will lead you through discoveries about this legendary lifestyle.
Price: $23.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $17.00, Children under age 3 are free
Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory with Aquarium (2 hours)
A 21st century conservatory is yours to explore. You'll see beautiful butterflies,colorful birds, tropical fish and lush plant life. At the Key West Aquarium, you'll discover the intricacies of the native eco-system. You can even pet a shark at this unique destination.
Price: $30.00 (10 yrs & up), Child (3-9): $20.00, Children under age 3 are free
Sail, Kayak & Snorkel Excursion (5-5.5 hours)
It's three adventures in one! First, sail in a two-masted traditional schooner, much as the early Key West adventurers did, to mysterious mangrove islands for kayaking (2 person) amid pristine natural surroundings. After the eco tour is complete, it's time to plunge beneath the surface and discover the underwater world of the Keys. Guests will be provided with snorkeling equipment and instruction to enjoy the area's aquatic flora and fauna. Upon their return to the ship pier, guests will pause to refresh with a delicious repast of fresh fruit, chips, salsa, non-alcoholic beverages and more. The snorkeling equipment provided includes fins, snorkel, mask and a horse collar vest.
Price: $79.00 (10 yrs & up) No one under age 10.
Western Union Schooner Sunset Sail (3 hours)
Enjoy a front-row seat for a famous Key West sunset. After arriving via Conch Train or Old Town Trolley, guests will board the schooner Western Union for a two-hour sailing experience and sunset viewing that includes snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour. The ride to the schooner is approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
Price: $59.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $24.00
Western Union Schooner Day Sail (3 hours)
This excursion will put the wind in the guest's sails: a two-hour cruise on a majestic schooner, the Western Union. Guests arrive via Conch Train or Old Town Trolley and set sail on a journey that includes snacks and beverages. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour. The ride to the schooner is approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
Price: $46.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9) $23.00
Please note: except where noted, shore excursions are operated by independent contractors. All excursions are subject to cancellation due to weather, itinerary changes and attendance. Excursions are booked on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. All prices are subject to change without notice. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit offer for Galveston cruises extended through 12/7/13 - Book a 7-night Bahamian or Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Wonder and get a great onboard credit, plus only pay half of the deposit amount!
- Changes made to several upcoming sailings - Several sail dates have been changed to accommodate the Disney Dream's new Monday and Friday departure schedule. Some sailings on the Disney Magic will now take place on the Disney Wonder.
- Disney Cruise discounts offered for Florida residents - Florida residents can take advantage of several discounts offered by Disney Cruise Line.
- Military discount offered on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. Military can get a great rate on a Panama Canal cruise with Disney Cruise Line!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Inside Passage - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Midship - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Skagway - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Forward - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney Cruise Line - Skagway Pier - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- Disney Cruise Line offers multiple discounted rates - Disney Cruise Line offers lead rates on several of their sail dates.
- VIDEO: Chocolate Tasting on the Disney Wonder - Visit http://www.disunplugged.com for more episodes of the DIS Unplugged.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Contact Dreams Unlimited Travel for more information! RCCL@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
- Sail out of Miami for as little as $125 per person, per day! - Book a 5-night Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Magic out of Miami and get a great rate, starting at only $125 per person, per day!
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- New sail dates added for the Disney Magic
The Disney Magic will begin sailing 7-night Caribbean itineraries out of Port Canaveral.
- Changes to sail dates for the Disney Magic
Sail dates have been been changed for several sailings on the Disney Magic. Some sailings will now take place on the Disney Wonder instead.
- Disney Cruise Line holds first AquaDucky fundraiser
Disney Cruise Line hosts a unique fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish organization.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Catches Fire
A fire aboard Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas interrupts a seven-night Bahamian cruise.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.