Key West Shore Excursions
Duval Street is the town center and is home to a variety of restaurants and shops. The atmosphere is both laid back and lively. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and Sloppy Joe's are two of the more popular stops.
At only 90 miles from Cuba, Key West is the southernmost point in the continental U.S. One of the most popular spots for a photo is the colorful Key West landmark that commemorates this unique designation.
Once home to such luminaries as Ernest Hemingway, Key West still attracts those pursuing a more offbeat lifestyle. This is most evident at the daily sunset celebration at Mallory Dock. Jugglers, mimes, musicians and street artists assemble to perform at this Key West ritual.
Walking to most areas from the dock is a breeze. The only downside is that it's often hot and humid. There are plenty of air conditioned shops to browse and spots to get a cool drink. You'll want to sample the Key Lime Pie (or ice cream, or candy) or any one of a number of confections made from this famous ingredient.
Be sure to check the time of the sunset as it is spectacular. As you sail away with memories of the sea set ablaze, you'll carry fond recollections of the delightful Key West.
Please Note - Some of the Duval street shops may be inappropriate for young children. You will see a lot of shops selling water pipes and spring-break-type slogan shirts.
Back to Nature Kayak Tour (3-3.5 hours)
This naturally appealing excursion starts with a comfortable boat ride to the Wildlife Refuge, where uninhabited islands are scattered like pirate's treasure in the sparkling waters of Florida Bay. After guests board their 2 person kayak, they will be guided through the reserve as the guide points out the native birds, marine life and plants that can be spotted along the way. Water and soft drinks are provided. Guests are taken directly from the pier to the Wildlife Refuge via boat. Boat ride to the Wildlife Refuge is approximately 30 minutes. Guests kayak for approximately 1 hour.
Price: $59.00 (10 yrs & up) No one under age 10.
Catamaran Racing (2.5-3 hours)
This winning excursion allows guests to compete in one of the most exciting sporting events in Key West. In this hands-on experience, guests will participate in an actual catamaran race as the captain guides guests to potential victory. No prior experience needed -- just the desire to race to win. Nonalcoholic beverages and -- win or lose -- a victory party is included and is held at the pier where the ship is docked. Guests are taken directly from the pier to the Catamaran.
Price: $69.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (6-9): $56.00 No one under age 6.
Conch Republic Tour & Museum Package (2-2.5 hours)
Choose train or trolley to embark on an hour-long tour of Key West and 100 of its key attractions and historical sites. After taking in the sights, guests will stop at Mallory Square, where they will be provided with admission for self-guided visits to the Key West Aquarium and the Key West Shipwreck Historeum. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour.
Price: $45.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $24.00
Glass-bottom Boat Tour on the Pride of Key West (2-2.25 hours)
It's like a window to another world. The Pride of Key West, a 65-foot glass-bottom catamaran, gives guests an incomparable view of the underwater world of the Keys. This comfortably appointed vessel boasts upper and lower sundecks, a large climate-controlled viewing area, snack bar and restrooms on board. Guests just need to sit back and relax as they enjoy this two-hour narrated eco tour of North America's only living coral reef. Snacks and non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase. Guests are taken directly from the pier to the Catamaran.
Price: $39.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $18.00
Key West Catamaran Sail & Snorkel Tour (3-3.5hours)
For guests who are the seafaring sort, this is the best way to experience the magic of Key West. Guests will enjoy a three-hour sailing adventure aboard a 65-foot catamaran that includes spectacular snorkeling in the crystal-blue waters amid vibrant coral and tropical fish. Snorkeling equipment and professional instruction provided, as well as non-alcoholic beverages. The snorkeling equipment provided includes fins, snorkel, mask and a horse collar vest. Guests snorkel from the boat. There is 1 instructor to 25 guests.
Price: $47.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (5-9): $27.00 No one under age 5.
Key West Walking Tour (1.5-1.75 hours)
Get on your walking shoes and explore many of the Conch Republic's famed sites on this 1.5-hour tour. Guests will see the oldest house in South Florida, have a chance to sample the Conch Republic's signature dessert at the Key Lime Pie Bakery, watch cigars being made at a working factory, visit lush tropical gardens and more.
Price: $20.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $13.00 No one under age 3.
Old Town Trolley or Conch Train Tour (1-1.5 hours)
Train or trolley? Take your pick--either one will take you on a fascinating 60-minute tour in the southernmost city in the continental U.S. Guests will see 100 points of interest, including attractions and historical sites such as Hemingway's Key West abode, the famous Sloppy Joe's and more. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour.
Price: $24.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $12.00
Pirate Soul and Shipwreck Historeum (2.5 hours)
You'll enter the Pirate Soul and hear stories of fact and legend bringing this colorful era to life. You'll next explore the Shipwreck Historeum where salvagers, wreckers and lumbers will relay their exciting adventures.
Price: $31.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $16.00
Pirate Scavenger Hunt (1.5 hours)
You'll head to the Pirate's museum where you'll embark on an exciting treasure hunt. Along the way the clues will lead you through discoveries about this legendary lifestyle.
Price: $23.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $17.00, Children under age 3 are free
Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory with Aquarium (2 hours)
A 21st century conservatory is yours to explore. You'll see beautiful butterflies,colorful birds, tropical fish and lush plant life. At the Key West Aquarium, you'll discover the intricacies of the native eco-system. You can even pet a shark at this unique destination.
Price: $30.00 (10 yrs & up), Child (3-9): $20.00, Children under age 3 are free
Sail, Kayak & Snorkel Excursion (5-5.5 hours)
It's three adventures in one! First, sail in a two-masted traditional schooner, much as the early Key West adventurers did, to mysterious mangrove islands for kayaking (2 person) amid pristine natural surroundings. After the eco tour is complete, it's time to plunge beneath the surface and discover the underwater world of the Keys. Guests will be provided with snorkeling equipment and instruction to enjoy the area's aquatic flora and fauna. Upon their return to the ship pier, guests will pause to refresh with a delicious repast of fresh fruit, chips, salsa, non-alcoholic beverages and more. The snorkeling equipment provided includes fins, snorkel, mask and a horse collar vest.
Price: $79.00 (10 yrs & up) No one under age 10.
Western Union Schooner Sunset Sail (3 hours)
Enjoy a front-row seat for a famous Key West sunset. After arriving via Conch Train or Old Town Trolley, guests will board the schooner Western Union for a two-hour sailing experience and sunset viewing that includes snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour. The ride to the schooner is approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
Price: $59.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9): $24.00
Western Union Schooner Day Sail (3 hours)
This excursion will put the wind in the guest's sails: a two-hour cruise on a majestic schooner, the Western Union. Guests arrive via Conch Train or Old Town Trolley and set sail on a journey that includes snacks and beverages. There is an approximate 5 minute walk to Mallory Square where the guests pick up the train or trolley for their tour. The ride to the schooner is approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
Price: $46.00 (10 yrs & up) Child (3-9) $23.00
Please note: except where noted, shore excursions are operated by independent contractors. All excursions are subject to cancellation due to weather, itinerary changes and attendance. Excursions are booked on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. All prices are subject to change without notice. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Onboard booking on Disney Cruise Line now valid for 24 months - Previously, any cruise booked onboard had to be taken within 18 months.
- Booking for 2016 Disney Cruises begins today for Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members - Disney Cruise Line has announced that they will be sailing to two new destinations in 2016 - Tortola, British Virgin Islands and Martinique.
- Disney Cruise Line announces 2 new Caribbean ports for 2016! - Disney Cruise Line has added stops in Tortola, British Virgin Islands and Martinique for 2016.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Disney Cruise Line offers Florida resident discounts - Sail for as little as $90 per night.
- 5 Tips for an Easy Debarkation Process on your Disney Cruise - You've had a wonderful vacation and are about to re-enter the real world. How can you make that transition as easy as possible?
- Top 5 Irritating Things You May Encounter On Your Disney Cruise - If you see them coming, it is easier to prepare and just keep swimming. So to help inform, here are the top 5 things that might rock your boat.
- Disney Cruise Line Fish Extender Basics - Let's talk about some Fish Extender basics, including what they are and how you can participate.
- Chat feature added to Disney Cruise Line Navigator app - Guests will be able to connect with other guests onboard the ship via the app.
- 6 Tips for a Smooth Embarkation Day on Your Disney Cruise - One of the most exciting days on a Disney Cruise is embarkation day. You're filled with a nervous anticipation, yet looking forward to a fun and relaxing vacation. I'm going to share 6 tips to make your embarkation day go as smoothly as possible.
- Discounted cruises offered for U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as little as $90 per night! - These Florida Resident discounts come and go quickly and must be booked by 10/19/2014.
- Cruising With Special Dietary Needs Onboard the Disney Cruise Line - Living with a dietary restriction can feel like prison. Challenged families often find themselves excluded from activities when food is involved. When they are included, the difficulty to accommodate the condition may not seem worth the effort. I know. I’ve walked in these shoes...
- New policy in effect for Chill Spa on Disney Cruise Line - A parent or guardian must be present for the duration of all Chill Spa treatments.
- Disney Cruise Line releases discounted sailings - These rates can all be combined with Dreams Unlimited Travel's exclusive shipboard credits.
- Changes made to Disney Cruise Line Terms and Conditions regarding cancellations - The changes only affect cruises booked after October 1, 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases discounted sailings for U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida resident discounts available on Disney Cruise Line - Sail for as little as $100 per night.
- Disney Visa extends $50 Disney Cruise Line oboard credit offer; now only available on beverages - Get a $50 Shipboard beverage credit by using your Disney Visa when booking your cruise.
- Top 5 Not-So-Obvious Things To Pack For Your Disney Cruise - It is entirely possible that you have overlooked a few items that would come in very handy during your cruise. It's not that you can't survive without these. It's that the convenience of them is worthwhile, so here are our top 5 not-so-obvious items that we feel should make their way into your luggage.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $100 per night - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Disney Cruise Line changes rules about decorating stateroom doors - Magnetic signs advertising company names other than Disney may not be used.
- Last Minute Cruising - A Crash Course - Whatever the reason, you have decided to go on a Disney cruise, but you have minimal time before embarkation day. How do you prepare for such a big deal with such little time? Where do you even begin? Let’s walk through the most basic steps to get you on that ship.
- Blog - Looking for something to do before your cruise? Visit the Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.