Disney's All Star Sports Resort
Disney's All Star Sports Resort address:
1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Check In: 4:00pm Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1920
Maximum persons per Disney All Star Resort room: 4 (plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1920
Room size: 260 Sq. Ft.
All Star Sports Room Rates
Disney's All Star Sports Resort Overview
Sports enthusiasts on a budget find a lot to cheer about at Disney's All Star Sports Resort. If you are looking for an affordable resort option that allows you to take advantage of the onsite resort perks, a Disney All Star Resort is the place for you!
At the All Star Sports Resort, bigger is better. You'll find bright, bold and colorful pop art icons such as a 4-story football helmet, giant "tennis ball can" and megaphone-shaped stairwells.
The five featured sports themes are: football, tennis, baseball, basketball and surfing. The two 3-story Touchdown buildings face each other across the football field. Giant helmets (large enough to fit a 200-foot tall football player) enclose the stairwells.
Wimbledon, step aside. The Center Court tennis-themed buildings have 51 foot tall racquets that are large enough to cover an entire tennis court! You'd need them to lob the 5 foot wide tennis balls across the court. It's no wonder that a very frustrated Donald Duck scowls at you from across the net.
At the Home Run Hotel, the super-sized bats, stadium lights and scoreboards help get visitors in the spirit of things. At the center is the baseball diamond shaped pool with Goofy on the pitcher's mound. Going to the game? You'd better be thirsty. The giant Coke cups could hold more than 20 million 12-ounce cans.
Shoot and score at the Hoops Hotel. The buildings have basketballs frozen in motion as three pointers meet their mark. Play fair unless you want the ref to use the 60 foot long whistle. Cheering your team on is easy, if you can wield a 45 foot high megaphone.
Kowabunga! The Surfs Up buildings are decorated with colorful surfboards,
red snappers and dolphins.
Watch out, sharks have been spotted. If the 38-foot fins, are any indication, you'll be in the water with a 300 foot long predator. Not to worry, you'll be hanging ten with the best of them when staying in this fun section.
You check into the All Star Sports Resort in Stadium Hall. From the moment you arrive, the fun theme is evident. This is the main lobby, arcade, food court and gift shop rolled into one.
Everyone is on top of their game after a stay at the All Star Sports.
Each of the All Star Resorts has 1920 rooms. These rooms are slightly smaller than the rooms at the moderate resorts (260 square feet as opposed to 314 square feet). A typical room has 2 double beds (or one king sized bed), a beverage cooler, small table with 2 chairs, television, nightstand, telephone, dresser, wall mirror, luggage rack, closet area, themed light fixtures (megaphones or stars) and a clock radio. The bathrooms have a single sink and mirror in a vanity area that is separate from the tub and commode. A small key-operated wall safe to hold your valuables is located in the closet area. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port near the nightstand and you do not have to disconnect the telephone to use it.
Rooms with a king-sized bed are also available, but these are the handicapped accessible rooms which have larger bathrooms with a wheel-chair accessible shower instead of a tub. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning.
Roll-away cots may be requested for siblings who do not wish to share a bed, (there is a $15 per night charge for this). Also available are bed rails and cribs (the pack-n-play variety) call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping, but supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels
TIP: If you want a room close to the food court and bus stop, request the Surfs Up or Touchdown buildings. If you want a little quieter location, request Hoops Hotel or Center Court.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
- 96 king bed rooms, 50% are handicapped accessible
- 960 connecting rooms
The two pools at Disney's All Star Sports Resort are surfing and baseball themed. The main pool, Surfboard Bay pool, is located behind the Stadium Hall (the resort's central area). Giant shark fins, surfboards and waves circle the pool area. The Surfboard bay pool is shaped like a wave.
The Grand Slam pool is the quiet pool and is located in front of the Home Run hotel. It is shaped like a baseball diamond with an "outfield" sundeck and a water-sprinkling Goofy “pitching” from the center of the pool.
There are no slides or hot tubs at either of these pools. Both pools range in depth from 3ft to 5ft. Chaise lounges, tables and chairs are found around the pool for your relaxation pleasure. Guests of any of Disney's All-Star Resorts may go to another All-Star Resort to enjoy the swimming pools during their vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool area.
The buildings that house the lockers and restrooms are also themed. Pool hours are from 8am - Midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-Midnight).
TIPS: Guests must bring the towels from their rooms for use at the pool and call housekeeping for additional towels for your room to replenish your supply. Life jackets are provided free of charge and can be picked up at the pool area. Check out the back of the lifeguard stands for park hours and weather information.
For those who like to be active, there is a jogging path at the All Star Sports. The Game Point Arcade, a state-of-the-art video arcade located in Stadium Hall, will provide hours of entertainment for kids of all ages. The games utilize tokens that a guest can purchase in the arcade. Some of the games reward players with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. Between buildings 6 and 7, you will find the children's playground and the interior courtyards are themed like a football field and an enormous tennis court, and these act as secondary play areas.
While there is no sit down restaurant here, there is the End Zone Food Court that seats 550 people. Pizza, pasta, barbecue ribs, fruit, sandwiches, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, kids' favorites such as macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers, and "Blue Plate" specials are the featured fare here. There are several stations for guests to customize their meals, including create-your-own pasta, salad and burger stations. Hours are usually 6 a.m. to midnight. Room service is limited to pizza, salads, soft drinks, and beer and this may be ordered from 5 p.m. to midnight. Also, you can purchase a refillable mug at the End Zone food court. This mug will allow you unlimited refills of coffee or soda for the duration of your stay, and can be used at any of the All-Star Resorts.
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND:
The first resort you come to on West Buena Vista Drive is the All Star Sports Resort. The lobby building is called Stadium Hall and houses the front desk and Guest Services, the End Zone Food Court, Game Point Arcade and the gift shop named Sport Goofy Gifts & Sundries.
The guest rooms are located in 10 buildings divided into 5 sections.The first section you come to as you exit Stadium Hall is Surf’s Up! The buildings in this section are #1 and #6. The main swimming pool, called Surfboard Bay, is located between these two buildings.
As you continue away from Stadium Hall past the Surf’s Up! section, you will come to the Hoops Hotel on the right in buildings #2 and #3, and to the left is Center Court in Buildings #4 and #5.You will find the Touchdown! section to the left as you exit Stadium Hall contained in buildings #7 and #10. Just beyond Touchdown!, you will find buildings #8 and #9 which make up the Home Run Hotel section.
The second swimming pool, called Grand Slam
Pool, is located between the buildings of the Home
Run Hotel section. The playground at All Star Sports is located
between buildings #6 and #7.
In keeping with Disney’s eye for detail in theming, the palm trees are arranged to look like a basketball team at tip-off.
If you buy your milk in the gift shop, it is less expensive than that found in the food court.
If you would like to be in a certain building, note it on your reservation before your arrival. While not guaranteed, they will do their best to accommodate you.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Laundry facilities
- Express Check Out
- Refillable Mugs for sale
- Luggage Service (runs on hourly drop-off system)
- Sport Goofy Gift and Sundries shop
- Voice Mail
- Team Spirits Poolside bar
- Free Wireless Internet
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take the Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take the Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take the Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island: Take the Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown Disney bus
Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the Disney's Blizzard
Beach Water Park bus
For the most part, each of the All Star Resorts has buses dedicated to run from that resort to the park and return. However, at some times during the day, the buses from a park may drop guests off at all 3 resorts. This is especially true at night after a park closes.
- Opened April 29, 1994
- Covers 90 acres of property
- Surfboard Bay pool holds 242,471 gallons of water while the Grand Slam pool holds 119,590 gallons
- The silver star by the Surfboard Bay pool is 46 feet high and weighs over 33,000 pounds
- The tennis-can-covered stairwell could hold approximately 9,474,609 regulation size tennis balls
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios