Disney's All Star Sports Resort
Disney's All Star Sports Resort address:
1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Check In: 4:00pm Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1920
Maximum persons per Disney All Star Resort room: 4 (plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1920
Room size: 260 Sq. Ft.
All Star Sports Room Rates
Disney's All Star Sports Resort Overview
Sports enthusiasts on a budget find a lot to cheer about at Disney's All Star Sports Resort. If you are looking for an affordable resort option that allows you to take advantage of the onsite resort perks, a Disney All Star Resort is the place for you!
At the All Star Sports Resort, bigger is better. You'll find bright, bold and colorful pop art icons such as a 4-story football helmet, giant "tennis ball can" and megaphone-shaped stairwells.
The five featured sports themes are: football, tennis, baseball, basketball and surfing. The two 3-story Touchdown buildings face each other across the football field. Giant helmets (large enough to fit a 200-foot tall football player) enclose the stairwells.
Wimbledon, step aside. The Center Court tennis-themed buildings have 51 foot tall racquets that are large enough to cover an entire tennis court! You'd need them to lob the 5 foot wide tennis balls across the court. It's no wonder that a very frustrated Donald Duck scowls at you from across the net.
At the Home Run Hotel, the super-sized bats, stadium lights and scoreboards help get visitors in the spirit of things. At the center is the baseball diamond shaped pool with Goofy on the pitcher's mound. Going to the game? You'd better be thirsty. The giant Coke cups could hold more than 20 million 12-ounce cans.
Shoot and score at the Hoops Hotel. The buildings have basketballs frozen in motion as three pointers meet their mark. Play fair unless you want the ref to use the 60 foot long whistle. Cheering your team on is easy, if you can wield a 45 foot high megaphone.
Kowabunga! The Surfs Up buildings are decorated with colorful surfboards,
red snappers and dolphins.
Watch out, sharks have been spotted. If the 38-foot fins, are any indication, you'll be in the water with a 300 foot long predator. Not to worry, you'll be hanging ten with the best of them when staying in this fun section.
You check into the All Star Sports Resort in Stadium Hall. From the moment you arrive, the fun theme is evident. This is the main lobby, arcade, food court and gift shop rolled into one.
Everyone is on top of their game after a stay at the All Star Sports.
Each of the All Star Resorts has 1920 rooms. These rooms are slightly smaller than the rooms at the moderate resorts (260 square feet as opposed to 314 square feet). A typical room has 2 double beds (or one king sized bed), a beverage cooler, small table with 2 chairs, television, nightstand, telephone, dresser, wall mirror, luggage rack, closet area, themed light fixtures (megaphones or stars) and a clock radio. The bathrooms have a single sink and mirror in a vanity area that is separate from the tub and commode. A small key-operated wall safe to hold your valuables is located in the closet area. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port near the nightstand and you do not have to disconnect the telephone to use it.
Rooms with a king-sized bed are also available, but these are the handicapped accessible rooms which have larger bathrooms with a wheel-chair accessible shower instead of a tub. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning.
Roll-away cots may be requested for siblings who do not wish to share a bed, (there is a $15 per night charge for this). Also available are bed rails and cribs (the pack-n-play variety) call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping, but supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels
TIP: If you want a room close to the food court and bus stop, request the Surfs Up or Touchdown buildings. If you want a little quieter location, request Hoops Hotel or Center Court.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
- 96 king bed rooms, 50% are handicapped accessible
- 960 connecting rooms
The two pools at Disney's All Star Sports Resort are surfing and baseball themed. The main pool, Surfboard Bay pool, is located behind the Stadium Hall (the resort's central area). Giant shark fins, surfboards and waves circle the pool area. The Surfboard bay pool is shaped like a wave.
The Grand Slam pool is the quiet pool and is located in front of the Home Run hotel. It is shaped like a baseball diamond with an "outfield" sundeck and a water-sprinkling Goofy “pitching” from the center of the pool.
There are no slides or hot tubs at either of these pools. Both pools range in depth from 3ft to 5ft. Chaise lounges, tables and chairs are found around the pool for your relaxation pleasure. Guests of any of Disney's All-Star Resorts may go to another All-Star Resort to enjoy the swimming pools during their vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool area.
The buildings that house the lockers and restrooms are also themed. Pool hours are from 8am - Midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-Midnight).
TIPS: Guests must bring the towels from their rooms for use at the pool and call housekeeping for additional towels for your room to replenish your supply. Life jackets are provided free of charge and can be picked up at the pool area. Check out the back of the lifeguard stands for park hours and weather information.
For those who like to be active, there is a jogging path at the All Star Sports. The Game Point Arcade, a state-of-the-art video arcade located in Stadium Hall, will provide hours of entertainment for kids of all ages. The games utilize tokens that a guest can purchase in the arcade. Some of the games reward players with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. Between buildings 6 and 7, you will find the children's playground and the interior courtyards are themed like a football field and an enormous tennis court, and these act as secondary play areas.
While there is no sit down restaurant here, there is the End Zone Food Court that seats 550 people. Pizza, pasta, barbecue ribs, fruit, sandwiches, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, kids' favorites such as macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers, and "Blue Plate" specials are the featured fare here. There are several stations for guests to customize their meals, including create-your-own pasta, salad and burger stations. Hours are usually 6 a.m. to midnight. Room service is limited to pizza, salads, soft drinks, and beer and this may be ordered from 5 p.m. to midnight. Also, you can purchase a refillable mug at the End Zone food court. This mug will allow you unlimited refills of coffee or soda for the duration of your stay, and can be used at any of the All-Star Resorts.
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND:
The first resort you come to on West Buena Vista Drive is the All Star Sports Resort. The lobby building is called Stadium Hall and houses the front desk and Guest Services, the End Zone Food Court, Game Point Arcade and the gift shop named Sport Goofy Gifts & Sundries.
The guest rooms are located in 10 buildings divided into 5 sections.The first section you come to as you exit Stadium Hall is Surf’s Up! The buildings in this section are #1 and #6. The main swimming pool, called Surfboard Bay, is located between these two buildings.
As you continue away from Stadium Hall past the Surf’s Up! section, you will come to the Hoops Hotel on the right in buildings #2 and #3, and to the left is Center Court in Buildings #4 and #5.You will find the Touchdown! section to the left as you exit Stadium Hall contained in buildings #7 and #10. Just beyond Touchdown!, you will find buildings #8 and #9 which make up the Home Run Hotel section.
The second swimming pool, called Grand Slam
Pool, is located between the buildings of the Home
Run Hotel section. The playground at All Star Sports is located
between buildings #6 and #7.
In keeping with Disney’s eye for detail in theming, the palm trees are arranged to look like a basketball team at tip-off.
If you buy your milk in the gift shop, it is less expensive than that found in the food court.
If you would like to be in a certain building, note it on your reservation before your arrival. While not guaranteed, they will do their best to accommodate you.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Laundry facilities
- Express Check Out
- Refillable Mugs for sale
- Luggage Service (runs on hourly drop-off system)
- Sport Goofy Gift and Sundries shop
- Voice Mail
- Team Spirits Poolside bar
- Free Wireless Internet
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take the Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take the Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take the Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island: Take the Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown Disney bus
Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the Disney's Blizzard
Beach Water Park bus
For the most part, each of the All Star Resorts has buses dedicated to run from that resort to the park and return. However, at some times during the day, the buses from a park may drop guests off at all 3 resorts. This is especially true at night after a park closes.
- Opened April 29, 1994
- Covers 90 acres of property
- Surfboard Bay pool holds 242,471 gallons of water while the Grand Slam pool holds 119,590 gallons
- The silver star by the Surfboard Bay pool is 46 feet high and weighs over 33,000 pounds
- The tennis-can-covered stairwell could hold approximately 9,474,609 regulation size tennis balls
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Meet and greet locations updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party scheduled for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Constantine the Frog to attend Villains Unleashed! event - The "Muppets Most Wanted" villain will be at the Stage One Company Store location near Muppet*Vision 3D.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party reduces number of performances this month - Performance times will be 5:40 and 7:00pm on August 12, 13, 19, 20 and 29, 2014. Concrete work taking place on Main Street will limit the number of performances on those days.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Adventureland - Swiss Family Treehouse Exit - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Magic Kingdom.
- Big Hero 6 characters coming to Walt Disney World - A specific date and location for the meet and greet has not yet been announced.
- Frozen Summer Fun extended at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This celebration has been extended through September 28.
- Top 5 Experiences at Walt Disney World That Don't Cost a Thing! - Walt Disney World can be a very expensive place — between park tickets, hotels, parking costs, meals and snacks, it all adds up very quickly. That’s why it’s important to remember that there are several fantastic experiences at Walt Disney World Resort that don’t cost a thing!
- Club Villain dance party planned for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This will take place at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland.
- Blog - New Disney Parks Inspired Coffees from Joffrey's
- Updated list of restaurants that accept Tables in Wonderland - Tables in Wonderland members save 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Video: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down extended through November 9 - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- All-Star Music food court closes for refurbishment - The Intermission Food Court will be closed 8/1/14-12/20/14 for refurb.
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
- "Frozen" behind-the-scenes special coming to ABC
- PANDORA Jewelry coming to Disney Parks
- Universal Orlando to build fifth hotel?
- Comedian and actor Robin Williams found dead at age 63
- Universal's Hogwarts Express sees one million riders
- Disney janitor arrested for sexually assaulting coworker
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom