Ko Olina, Hawai'i
Halloween celebrations at Aulani:
Keiki Halloween Party - October 24 and 31. The Halawai Lawn will transform into a party for the whole family. Wear a costume and enjoy crafts, games and face painting, plus special appearances by Disney characters.
Hallow "Teen" - October 24, 26 and 28. This party is exclusively for ages 13-17 at Makiki Joe's Beach Rental. Pumpkin sand sculpting contest and more.
Trick or Treat - Use a special map to find all the trick or treat locations around the resort.
Disney's Aulani Resort and Spa is located right on the oceanfront in the beautiful Ko Olina Resort area of Oahu, Hawaii, about 17 miles north of the Honolulu Airport. Hawaiian culture and tradition come to life in this resort, modeled after the Hawaiian village concept. The ocean views, white sandy beaches, tropical foliage and salt-water lagoons make this resort a great vacation destination.
General Public Discounts for Aulani
Get 4th night free or save 30%, plus get complimentary breakfast!
Stay 4 nights and get the 4th free, plus complimentary breakfast. Stay longer and get 30% off stays of 5 nights or longer, plus complimentary breakfast. Offer is valid for stays most nights 1/4/15 - 3/23/15.
Book by 2/23/15. Number of rooms available for this offer may be limited. Package includes daily breakfast for all guests booked per room per night of your package stay. Breakfast is redeemable at Ulu Cafe during normal operating hours and includes one entree and coffee or fresh rotating juice. Resort fees and taxes not included. Offer excludes suites and 3-bedroom Grand Villas. Limit two rooms per reservation. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.
Get the 4th night free!
Guests booking a minimum 4-night stay at Aulani can get the 4th night free! This offer is available for select nights 8/15 - 12/22/14. If guests upgrade to a 1- or 2-bedroom villa, they will get a $100 per night resort credit to use at the resort.
This offer must be booked by 10/30/14. Blackout dates are 11/26-11/29/14. Offer excludes suites and 3-bedroom Grand Villas. Offer applies to four or more consecutive nights. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.
Guests booking a 4-night stay at Aulani can get free round-trip transportation from the airport to the Resort, plus a free 1-day mid-size Alamo car rental! This offer is available for select nights 6/8-12/22/14.
This offer must be booked by 10/30/14. Blackout dates are 11/26-11/29/14. Offer excludes suites and 3-bedroom Grand Villas. Limit two rooms per reservation. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.
Save 25%, plus get free breakfast!
Book a 1-3 night pre- or post-night stay at Aulani for the Disney Cruise Line Hawaiian sailings and save 25% on the resort rate, plus get complimentary breakfast at Ulu Cafe. These stays are based on availability:
Post-nights availalbe for 9/7/15 cruise
Pre-nights available for 9/17/15 cruise
Complimentary quick service breakfast offer is per person, per night.
Theme park annual passholders (Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Resort Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Resort) can save 10% on room reservations at Aulani.
Aulani offers 25% off room reservations for active duty military. This offer is subject to availability.
- Aulani Photos: Pools, Hot Tubs, Cabanas
- Aulani Photos: Lazy River
- Aulani Photos: Beach and Lagoon
- Aulani 'IWA's - Your guide to events and activities
- Aulani Photos: Main entrance and lobby area
- Aulani Photos: Dining & Restaurants
- Aulani Photos: Laniwai Spa & Fitness Center
- Aulani Photos: Aunty's Beach House Kids Club
- Aulani Photos: Standard View Room
- Aulani Photos: Catamaran Excursion
- Aulani Photos: Rainbow Reef
- Aulani Photos: Kids Aquatic Play Area
Very similar to a Disney Cruise Line daily navigator, guests of Aulani receive a daily 'IWA (pronounced e-v-a) in their room every morning. These are crucial for planning your day at Aulani and something you should definitely read over in the morning. The daily 'IWA lists all of the events and activities, character greeting locations, and hours of operation for many of the venues. We've scanned a full week of 'IWA's for your reference. Please note that the details listed in the ones below are very likely to change and should only be used as a reference.
September 4-10, 2011
Aulani features 359 traditional hotel rooms and suites and 481 Disney Vacation Club Villas, decorated with wood and Hawaiian elements. These rooms have several views available: Standard View, Ocean View, Partial Ocean View, Poolside Gardens View, Island Gardens View. The standard rooms sleep 4 and have either 2 queen-size bed or 1 king-size bed with queen-size sleeper sofa. The 382-square-foot rooms have 1 bathroom. There are also handicap accessible rooms available for all views and on most floors.
There are 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suites available, featuring sleeping space for 5 and 6 guests. Villas include Deluxe Studios (accommodate 4), 1-bedroom villas (accommodate 5), 2-bedroom villas (accommodate 9) and 3-bedroom grand villas (accommodate 12).
Many of the contemporary custom furnishings pay homage to ancient culture. Fabrics in earth tones were inspired by kappa, or bark cloth, known for its subtle intricacy and embossed patterns. The headboards reflect outrigger canoe shapes and butterfly joints that were used to mend precious wooden bowls. Fabrics from the 1940s and 1950s have been reinvented in the room's pillow and bedding. Being a true Disney resort, you will find "hidden Mickeys" in the pineapple-patterned Hawaiian quilts on the bed and Ukulele-playing Mickey Mouse lamp on the desk.
Standard Room Amenities
- Ceiling fan
- Clock radio with mp3 capability
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Fully interactive flat panel television in each bedroom and living room with guest services, weather, and the ability to see your own "PhotoPass" photos
- Graco Pack 'N Play Playard
- Hair dryer
- Ice bucket
- Iron and ironing board
- Luggage rack
- Make-up mirror
- Small refrigerator
- Shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, bath soap, facial soap, lotion
- Tea kettle (electric) with tea supplies
- Wall safe in closet (laptop size)
- Wireless high-speed Internet access
- Full Room Service Menu
Handicapped Accessible Rooms:
- 532 Poolside Gardens View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 533 Standard View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 534 Poolside Gardens View King Bed, Roll In Shower
- 535 Standard View King Bed, Roll In Shower
- 832 Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 833 Partial Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 834 Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 835 Partial Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 1132 Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 1133 Partial Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 1433 Partial Ocean, Parlor Suite, Accessible Tub
- 1538 Ocean View King Bed, Roll In Shower
- 1642 Ocean 2 Bedroom –'Ahu'ula King Bed, Roll In Shower
The following hotel rooms are set up to accommodate guests who are visually impaired:
- 632 Ocean View King Bed, Visual
- 633 Standard View King Bed, Visual
- 932 Ocean View King Bed, Visual
- 933 Partial Ocean View King Bed, Visual
- 934 Ocean View Queen Bed, Visual
- 935 Partial Ocean View Queen Bed, Visual
- 1230 Ocean View King Bed, Visual
- 1231 Partial Ocean View Queen Bed, Visual
- 1533 Partial Ocean, Parlor Suite Parlor, Visual
Disney resorts are known for their recreational opportunities and Aulani is no exception.
The Waikolohe Valley is the main pool area of the resort where the pools and water play area blend seamlessly into the beautiful surrounding scenery. There are two pools, both of which offer zero-entry as well as traditional steps. There are also two slides in Waikolole Valley, a tube (Tuberstone Curl) and a body slide (Volcanic Vertical) that takes you on a ride through volcanic rock, or you can float along in the lazy river that circles the entire valley (900 linear feet). There are also four hot tubs, two of which feature "infinity" edges that let you sit and soak in the beautiful Hawaiian sunsets. With its 2013 expansion, Waikolohe Valley features a themed family pool called Ka Maka Grotto with an infinity edge, a misty grotto with beautiful sunset views and an after-dark experience with glittering lights. Wailana Pool is an adult-exclusive pool area.
- All Pools - hours vary
- Wailana Pool (ages 18 and up) - 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Menehune Bridge / Aquatic Play Area
This play area is for children under 48 inches and features 3 slides, a play structure and more! Children using this area must be supervised at all times and diaper age children must wear swim diapers. There is no lifeguard on duty here.
A kids' splash zone that's designed to resemble a tidal pool, with images of tidal pool creatures on the pool floor, rainbow water jets and hidden menehune – the legendary 'little people' of the islands.
The Rainbow Reef saltwater snorkel lagoon is filled with tropical fish for you to explore. The Rainbow Reef experience is $20 for adults and $15 for children, or you can purchase an length-of-stay pass at $39 for adults and $29 for children. This is open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The water in the Reef is COLD, but it's definitely worth it. Snorkeling in the lagoon was not that enjoyable for us, but there's plenty to look at in the Reef. If you're trying to decide whether to spend your money on renting snorkeling equipment in the lagoon or doing this, I would say do this. I only saw a bunch of rocks in the lagoon. - Corey Martin
Aulani Beach and Lagoon
Guests of Aulani have access to an exclusive beach and lagoon area that is only shared by one other resort. Relax on a beach chair or take advantage of the rentals from Makiki Joe's.
Makiki Joe's Beach Rentals
Makiki Joe's is located on the beach and is where you will rent single and double kayaks, snorkel sets, stand up paddle boards, beach umbrellas, canoe adventures, and paddle board lessons. Makiki Joe's is open from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Snorkel Set: $10 hourly, $15 half day, $20 full day
- Single Kayak: $20 hourly
- Double Kayak: $30 hourly
- Stand up Paddle Board: $30 hourly, $75 half day
- Beach Umbrella: $15 half day, $40 full day
- Double Chase Lounge Chair: $30 half day, $40 full day (not included with recreation pass)
- Hawaiian Sailing Canoe Adventure: $99 adults / $79 kids
- Hawaiian Paddle Canoe Adventure: $79 adults / $59 kids
- Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Lesson: $39
- Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Adventure: $59
- Private and group lessons available upon request. Children ages 6-12
There are a total of 8 pool cabanas that you can rent for the day for up to 6 Guests. The cost per day is $325 and includes lounge chairs, couch, 6 waters in a mini fridge, safe, iHome for your ipod/iphone, 32-inch flat panel TV, fan, WiFi, and a menu to order food from. These are available from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Cabana No. 1 has the best view, but it books fast and is often reserved. When booking your cabana, also ask if it's near the kids play area. Depending on your situation, having a cabana in the kids area can be a good or bad thing. - Corey Martin
Live music, hula dancing and Disney characters make this the party to be at Monday and Thursday evenings on the Halawai lawn.
Pau Hana Room
Enjoy board games arts and crafts, book and Disney Family Movies together. DVD rentals also available.
Ko Olina Resort Golf
Reserve tee times at an 18-hole championship golf course created by legendary course designer Ted Robinson.
Features a variety of high-end goods and gifts, including: Maui Divers Jewelry, the latest Tori Richard styles, Hawaiian products, Aulani watches, Island-inspired jewelry and souvenirs. This shop is located in the Maka'ala (lobby) across from Kalepa's Store.
Money Saving Tip:
There is a grocery store across the street from Aulani. It's called Island Country Markets (by ABC Stores) and it's literally across the street within walking distance. Picking up a few snacks to keep in your room might be a good idea. They also have hot food items available for less than what you would pay at Aulani. I considered breakfast at Aulani somewhat limited, so check out the selection at the store. They even have seating outside. - Corey Martin
'Ama'Ama Beach Restaurant
This signature dining restaurant serves local favorites while you dine alongside the Pacific Ocean. Ama Ama means Mullet Fish and the theming behind the restaurant is a fishing village. Ama Ama offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is served from 7:00-10:30am. Lunch is served from 11:30 am - 3:00 pm. Dinner is served from 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm. There is live music from 7:00 - 9:00 pm. This is not a cheap restaurant so be prepared to spend money.
There is a dress code for Ama Ama's dinner service:
- Not Allowed: tank tops, swim wear, men's hats, cut-offs and torn clothing
- Men - khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared or aloha shirts (sport coats optional)
- Women - capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts, dress pants
Breakfast Buffet: This character breakfast, Aunty's Breakfast Celebration at the Makahiki, is served from 7:00 am - 11:00 am. Character breakfast price for adults is $32.00 and $18.00 for children 9 and under.
- *Example of items on the breakfast buffet include: Fresh fruits, assorted yogurt, cereals, pastries, Oatmeal with fresh Berries, Scrambled Eggs, Vegetable Frittata Omelets, Eggs Benedict, Pork Sausage, Turkey Bacon, Bacon, Portuguese Sausage, Aulani Potatoes, Loco Moco, Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast, Dim Sum, Seared Island fish, Miso Soup, Farm Greens, Tamango, Steamed Rice, Pickled Vegetables, Carving Station
Koho (Hawaiian for "to choose") Lunch: Choose toppings to create your own pizza, salad or sandwich. Some of the toppings available include pepperoni, Portuguese sausage and pineapple for pizza; veggies, several varieties of cheeses, grilled tofu, chicken, or shrimp for salads; fish, turkey, ham roast beef, avocado, pesto and cheese for sandwiches. Kids will have their own special choices. Signature entrees are also available: Hawaiian pizza, crispy Asian salad, or the Chef’s Bento Box with ahi tuna sashimi, chicken teriyaki, carrot and cucumber namasu, fried rice and mocha ice cream. Lunch prices range from $11.50 to $15.
Dinner Buffet: Dinner is served from 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Price for adults is $43.00 and $21.00 for children 9 and under.
Items on the dinner menu might not appeal to everyone in your family. Take a look at the items listed below or in the photo gallery here. I personally thought the food was great, but I also like to try everything and eat plenty at a buffet. My wife did not have the same experience. - Corey Martin
- *Example of items on the dinner buffet include: Curried Mussels, Braised Lamb with Goat Cheese Polenta, Grilled Teriyaki Eggplant with Asparagus, Sautéed Bok Choy, Assorted Tempura: (Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Carrots, Green Beans, and Onions), Port and Vegetable Lumpia Spring Roll, Sauté Green Beans with Onions, Huli Huli style chicken, Roasted Strip loin of Beef with Spiced Hawaiian Salt Crust, Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes, Traditional Pork & Butterfish Lau Lau, Assorted Vegetable Lau Lau, Chinese-style Steamed Fish, Beef Chow Fun Noodles, Assorted Dim Sum, Guava Barbecued Ribs, Sautéed Yellow Squash Zucchini and Peppers, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Assorted Sushi, Charcuterie Platter, Poached Shrimp, Fresh Sashimi, Mixed Island Greens, Macaroni Salad, Buckwheat Soba Noodle Salad, Poke, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Poi, Edamame Salad, Fruit Salad, Mango Cheesecake, Brownies, Banana Cream Puffs. Kids Dinner items include: Bacon-cheeseburger Macaroni, Pepperoni Pizza, and Grilled Chicken Strips with steamed vegetables.
*Menus item are subject to change without notice based on seasonal local ingredients.
The 'Olelo Room
'Olelo is the Hawaiian word for "language". This is an "interactive language lounge" that is full of sculptures labeled in 'Olelo Hawaii so that guests will increase their Hawaiian vocabulary. In 1896 English was made the main language of Hawaiian schools and children speaking it in class was punished, so parents discouraged their children from speaking it at home. As a result the Hawaiian language was nearly lost forever.
Continental breakfast is available from 6:00 am - 10:00 am. The lounge is open from 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm serving traditional food and drinks. There is live music outside of the 'Olelo room from 5:30 - 9:00 pm.
- Here are some of the food items you might find on the appetizer menu: Sashimi sampler ($15), Steamed Manilla Clams ($17), Ahi Poke ($15), Fresh Shrimp Summer Roll ($12), Kobe Beef Sliders ($15), Sweet Potato Fries ($8), Squid Ring Luau ($13), Domestic and Imported cheese platter ($12), Mini dessert sampler ($13).
Off the Hook
Off the Hook is the sports lounge located poolside and there are 2 large flat screen TV's that only show sporting events. The theming behind Off the Hook is that you are at a fisherman's house where the fishermen would gather after their day on the water to share stories about the "one that got away." Along the inner ledge of the building, you will find artifacts they brought back from their journeys. The 3 large hanging lights resemble fishing nets and water droplets.
Off the Hook is open 11:00 am - 12:00 am. An appetizer menu is served from 5 - 10 pm. This is the only place you can get an adult beverage at Aulani after 11:00 pm.
- Here are some of the food items you might find on the appetizer menu:
Feast of the Sea - Build your own seafood platter. Priced per piece. (choice of Oysters ($1.50), Prawns ($3.50), Clams ($.50), Keahole Lobster ($28), and Kona Abalone sea snails ($15.00) served with Black Butter Bread, Mignonette, Chili Pepper Water, and Aioli)
Hamachi and Ahi Sashimi with Ume Ponzu Sauce ($15), Prawns Satay on Sugar Cane skewers with peanut sauce ($15), Kobe Beef Sliders ($15), Peking Duck Flatbread with Hoisin sauce ($12), Domestic and Imported cheese platter ($12), Mini dessert sampler ($13).
This quick-service eatery is beachside. Convenient grab-and-go options include sandwiches, salads, California rolls, ice cream and fresh fruit. A children's menu is available as well.
The Lava Shack
The Lava Shack is the grab & go food and beverage location offering cold plate lunches or snacks. A refillable mug station is also available. A self-serve Dole Whip station is here, offering pineapple, vanilla or swirl soft serve. Since this is located near the pool area, you can pick up pool and sun essentials here too. Hours are 10:00am - 5:00pm.
Pool-side venue serving breakfast, lunch and dinner – and featuring an outdoor patio with beautiful ocean view. Open from 6:00-9:00pm.
Papalua Shave Ice
Pool-side stand that serves fruity shaved ice treats. Open 11:00am - 6:00pm.
Mama's Snack Stop
Attached to Papalua Shave Ice, this location offers hot dogs, chicken tenders, fries, cupcakes and fruit. An interesting twist on the sandwiches is that guests can choose the type of bread, sauce and meat they want. The options include all-beef hot dogs, Hawaiian Winner dogs, Portuguese sausages and even a buffalo ranch chicken tender dog. Open 10:00am - 7:00pm.
Rip Swirl Yogurt Bar
Yogurt with fresh fruit and other toppings are available in the youth spa, Painted Sky. This is open 11:00am - 6:00pm. Adults are allowed to purchase yogurt but are not allowed to hang out in that area.
Available from 6:00 am to midnight daily.
If you're lounging around the pool, you can take advantage of being served food and beverages without having to get up.
Money Saving Tip:
You're paying for convenience when you order from this menu. Take a look at the One Paddle, Two Paddle menu and you will find similar items for less. It might be worth it to send dad over and have him walk the food back. Give him the tip! - Corey Martin
- Here's an example of the lunch menu that is served around the pool and pool bars: Kalua-Roasted Pulled Pork Sandwich ($19), Soy-Marinated Tofu Wraps ($17), Today's Hawaiian Sustainable Catch Fish Tacos ($19), Crispy Marinated Check Lettuce Wraps ($18), Char-Grilled Vegetable Wrap ($17), Turkey Wrap ($18), Angus Chuck Burger with Bacon and Cheddar Cheese ($21) *All of the above are served with chips and Chocolate Cake.
Kids menu (choice of... Turkey wrap, Mac & cheese, Peanut butter & jam, burger, chicken strips, tuna salad): $8.50
Self-parking and valet is $35 per night and is assessed at check-in.
Ko'Olina Intra Resort Shuttle is available from 6:00 am - 11:00 pm outside of the Aulani porte cochere; check with concierge.
Car rental is available at the Holoholo Desk.
Laniwai means "freshwater heaven." As you enter the 23,000 square-foot spa and see the tranquil reflection pool, you'll immediately feel the calm surround you. Enjoy a massage therapy session, facial, or a full body treatment. Kids ages 13+ can head to Painted Sky, a 1,500-square-foot spa complete with a yogurt bar, computer station, and a mixology station where girls can learn to make cosmetics from natural ingredients.
- Click Here for the Laniwai Spa pricing sheet.
- Click Here for a list of Laniwai Spa treatments.
- Photo Gallery of the spa
Kula Wai (meaning "water source") is Aulani's 5,000-square-foot outdoor hydrotherapy garden where you can relax before your massage treatment. You can soak in an outdoor vitality bath meant to calm your mind and refresh your body. Used in tandem with a massage session, early Hawaiians believed that using fluctuating water temperatures helped to reset the body, boost immunity and increase circulation. This is a part of of the Laniwai Spa and is not available to non-spa guests.
Mikimiki Fitness Center
The 2,000 square-foot health club is the perfect place to stay in shape while on vacation. The state-of-the-art facilities offer yoga and tai chi classes, group fitness training, sport-specific training, and boot camp series spa treatments; relax after class in the sauna and steam rooms. You will need your room key to enter and exit.
Pau Hana Room
Enjoy board games, arts and crafts, books and Disney Family Movies together. DVD rentals also available. This is also where you will need to sign up to play the Menehune Adventure Game. Open from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm.
Tip: Check your daily 'IWA for some of the free classes that are held here, such as lei making.
Ko Olina Resort Golf
Reserve tee times at an 18-hole championship golf course created by legendary course designer Ted Robinson.
Conference Center & Outdoor Venue
Aulani has a 15,000+ square-foot conference center available for all of your group's needs. If an outside venue would suit your needs better, select one of the outdoor locations in the available 40,000 square-foot area.
Aunty's Beach House - Kids' Club
Aunty's Beach House is designed just for kids ages 3 to 12 and it offers secured programming where all children will be within sight or sound of the Youth Activities Counselors. Base activities (covered by the Resort room charge) and premium experiences (offered for a fee) will surprise and delight guests at Aulani by encouraging and promoting physical, intellectual, emotional, social and cultural development. The counselors are trained in basic first aid, CPR and AED. Also, each one goes through a basic ASL class, as well as a basic Japanese language class. There are three certified teachers on staff and one teacher is always working on Aunty's side of the house.
Drop the kids off while you go have a little adult time and know that they will be having the time of their lives. The Beach House is divided into two sides, Aunty's and Uncle's, and features traditional Disney music in Hawaiian. The keiki (children) will learn about Hawaiian culture in Aunty's living room where she gathers the children for Once Upon an Island storytelling, Make Believe Magic, lei making, hula lessons and ukulele playing. An enchanted fireplace and a magical ceiling window make this area extra special. Meals and snacks are served in Aunty's Kitchen. Snacks are provided free of charge every two hours and lunch and/or dinner are provided at an additional cost. Kids can also watch movies here and participate in Eruption Disruption! (a Volcanic experiment) as well as Stitch's Space Goo.
If you were a fan of the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island you have to check out Uncle's T.V. Room. You might spot a few familiar artifacts here. You won't be able to just walk in on your own, so ask about tour times. - Corey Martin
The interactive touch table games located in Uncle's Den will keep even the most tech-savvy kid entertained. Kids can "make it rain" to start movie time in Uncle's T.V. room or watch their favorite Disney show. Nap mats are available here for those keiki that need daytime rest. There are computers and gaming consoles in Uncle's Surfboard Workshop. Uncle's Garage is where your child can participate in arts and crafts, face painting, and the Fish Are Friends program (this is a premium experience at an additional charge and reservations are required). Kids will get an inside look at how the Aulani Animal Programs train, feed and care for the resort marine life. Not only will they see the animals first-hand, but they will make fish food and feed it to them. With all these experiences available, you may have to bribe them to leave!
If you are the parent of a child under the age of 3, you can take advantage of the Disney Aloha Junior program. This allows the parent and child to use Aunty's Beach House during the earlier part of the day. Parental supervision is required for all children under 3.
Aunty's Beach House is open 7 days a week, 12 months a year, but operating hours vary by day. Sunday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 am until 11 pm. Monday and Saturday from 8am until 9pm. Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30 am until 9 pm. All children participating in secured youth activities must have a completed Youth Registration Form on file and they must wear a Mickey Band while checked-into the beach house. The primary cell phone number for the child's family will be used as the point of contact between Aunty's Beach House and the child's family. Children are encouraged to leave all personal toys and gaming equipment with their families. Any items brought in will be labeled and stored until the child's check out from Aunty's Beach House. Kids are required to be potty trained, but potty accident clothing is provided by Aunty's Beach House just in case. Cast Members will not provide medication to guests in Youth Activities. The only medications allowed are prescribed asthma inhalers and EpiPen.
Aunty's Beach House accommodates all children, including those with disabilities, and the cast will work with each family to ensure the needs are met for each child to the best of the staff's abilities.
The Hawaiian legend of the menehune, or mischievous and playful little people, will inspire visiting children of all ages. The menehune (May-nay-hoo-nay) were believed to inhabit Hawaii long before the Polynesians settled into the islands. They are a mischievous race of hard workers and traces of their work and culture still remain on many of the islands, including the Fish Pond on Kauai.
Imagineers have hidden menehune statues all over the resort for keiki (the Hawaiian word for children) to discover. Players are given a handheld device and there will be audible and visual clues that will help guide them on their adventure to find the menehune.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- A new flag waving act has opened in the Italy Pavilion - Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro performs 12-minute shows several times daily.
- Walt Disney World's Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid plans month-long rehab - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 2/2/2015 - 3/6/2015.
- Island Supply store in Magic Kingdom's Adventureland closing - The shop will be closing 10/22/14 and will be replaced later this year.
- LeVar Burton and Edward James Olmos added to Candlelight Processional narrators - The Candlelight Processional takes place at Epcot from 11/28-12/30/14.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/28/14 - Tickets are also sold out on the 30th and 31st.
- 4 Things I Loved About Being a Disney Cast Member - It's not just one of those jobs that you work at because it's close to your neighborhood. In general it takes a lot of desire and that certain something to become a great cast member.
- Blog - A Video Tribute to Maelstrom
- Wreck-It Ralph's last day at Hollywood Studios will be October 24 - Ralph and Vanellope will be replaced with Hiro and Baymax from Big Hero 6.
- Top 5 tips to make your trip through the airport go smoother - You read those stories all the time about people complaining about their travel experiences. I would like to share some tips to help make your next trip to Walt Disney World a pleasant experience.
- Reservations for Trattoria al Forno open October 21st - Reservations for Trattoria al Forno, the new restaurant coming to Disney's BoardWalk at Walt Disney World, open October 21st.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/16/14 - Tickets for most other dates are still available.
- PhotoPass offers complimentary "Once Upon a Time" magical shot - For a limited time, you can get your photo taken in front of a "Once Upon A Time" background at Disney's Hollywood Studios, then when you visit MyDisneyPhotoPass.com to claim your photo, you'll find that Elsa and The Evil Queen have been magically added to your photo.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Boat Exit - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Boat Exit September 15, 2014 - Afternoon
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Fishing Village - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Fishing Village September 15, 2014 - Afternoon
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Final Scene - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Final Scene September 15, 2014 - Afternoon
- runDisney announces race dates for 2015/2016 - Notably missing from the list is the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. This could be due to possible upcoming construction at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Book Review: Walt Disney: Drawn from Imagination
- New bus route being tested for Magic Kingdom resorts - The bus will run between the Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort, the Polynesian and Typhoon Lagoon. This will fix the problem of all Typhoon Lagoon guests having to transfer at Epcot after 2:00pm.
- One-day Memory Maker add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - For $39, you will receive all your Disney PhotoPass photos taken on the day of the event, including character meet and greets, dining and attraction photos from your time in the parks before the Party.
- Blog - Spooky Halloween Merchandise in Walt Disney World
- VIDEO: Maelstrom POV & Queue Tribute - Take a walk through the queue and ride through Maelstrom at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot. Maelstrom closed on October 5th to become a Frozen attraction.
- Cruising With Special Dietary Needs Onboard the Disney Cruise Line - Living with a dietary restriction can feel like prison. Challenged families often find themselves excluded from activities when food is involved. When they are included, the difficulty to accommodate the condition may not seem worth the effort. I know. I’ve walked in these shoes...
- Hess gas station near Boardwalk to be closed for 2 weeks - Many Disney resort guests stop here to get food and beverages for their hotel rooms.
- Get 4th night free or save 30% at Aulani, plus get free breakfast - Stay 4 nights and get the 4th free, plus complimentary breakfast. Stay longer and get 30% off stays of 5 nights or longer, plus complimentary breakfast. Offer is valid for stays most nights 1/4/15 - 3/23/15.
- Animal Kingdom's Affection Section closed through 11/10/14 - This is located in Rafiki's Planet Watch.
- Save up to 30% with a Room Only offer at select Walt Disney World resorts - Guests can take advantage of a room-only offer at select Disney resorts 1/5/15 - 3/28/15.
- Play, Stay & Dine offer released for General Public - save up to $800! - Book a discounted package with tickets, dining and hotel accommodations for stays most nights from 12/14/14-12/20/14 and 1/5/15 - 3/7/15.
- Photos of Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend medals - The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will be held January 7-11, 2015.
- Blog - Theme Parks Increase Intellectual Property Lineup
- Top 4 Best Live Action Stage Shows At Walt Disney World According to You - This top 4 list is comprised of the attractions you at home have chosen as the best live action stage shows at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - A Walking Tour of Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/9/14 - Other sold out dates are October 30 and 31.
- Haunted Mansion gift shop, Memento Mori, now open - The decor is inspired by Madame Leota and the shop carries items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Disney Visa Stay, Play & Dine offer - Visa cardholders can book a discounted package with tickets, dining and hotel accommodations for stays most nights from 12/14/14-12/20/14 and 1/5/15 - 3/7/15.
- Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% on a room only reservation - Disney Visa cardholders can take advantage of a room-only offer at select Disney resorts 1/5/15 - 3/28/15.
- 3 Aspects of a Disney Vacation That Your Child Can Control - How can you make your child feel like they have some control of the day-to-day plans? We’re going to take a look at 3 ways to help your child “take charge” of your vacation once you’ve hit the parks.
- Name for new Haunted Mansion gift shop is "Memento Mori" - The shop is in soft opening and is expected to open fully next week.
- Another date sold out for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - Tickets are now sold out on October 30 and 31.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish show to replace Cinderella's Holiday Wish at Magic Kingdom - Anna and Elsa can be seen in the show in front of the castle. Queen Elsa's ice powers will transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace.
- Jonathan Groff and Joe Morton will narrate Epcot Candlelight Processional this year - Jonathan Groff was the voice of Kristoff in "Frozen"; Joe Morton is on the TV show "Scandal."
- Flying Fish Cafe to offer breakfast this fall - This is intended to fill the gap between Kouzzina's closing and the opening of the new Italian restaurant, Trattoria al Forno, in December.
- Disney Facts and Insider Stories - Disney Facts and Insider Stories from a thread on DISboards.com titled "Your best Disney fact or insider story..."
- Frozen Holiday Premium Package announced for Osborne Lights - Get reserved viewing for the For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration; reserved viewing location for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights with specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, Frozen-themed desserts, holiday lithograph and Frozen pin.
- Blog - Navigating Walt Disney World on Wheels
- October Merchandise Events and Signings at Walt Disney World - List of artist signings and appearances around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Kids in Control - 3 ways to let the kids take charge of planning your Disney vacation - We’ve been to Walt Disney World many times as a family, so sometimes it’s neat to put those itineraries aside, switch things up and put the kids in control of our plans!
- Blog - How did you become a Disney fan?
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora closes at the Boardwalk today - A new restaurant concept will open in its place this fall.
- VIDEO: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2014 Overview - Join the DIS Unplugged team as they stroll around World Showcase enjoying food from the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!
- Dates for Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios - Approximately every 10 minutes, the lights "dance" to holiday music, while "Florida snow" falls in the background, making this the perfect Christmas setting.
- Canadian Lumberjack Show to replace Off Kilter at Epcot - They will perform year round and will begin the week of October 5.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Hollywood Boulevard - Crossroads of the World - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Hollywood Boulevard - Crossroads of the World
- Mistakes People Make on their Disney World Vacation - Knowing that DISboards.com is loaded with tons of Disney information, I've decided to start condensing popular threads by quoting the informative posts into a single page.
- Top 4 Best Continuously Loading Rides At Walt Disney World According to You - Those of you who watch The DIS Unplugged know all about the "Best Of" bracket shows. In this particular show, the DIS Unplugged team comes up with their own tournament style bracket to decide the best continuously loading rides at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - A Walking Tour of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
- Monorail schedule to be adjusted again after September 27 - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- How to make the most of your Walt Disney World vacation - Now that your trip is booked, it's time to start the day-to-day planning so you can make the most out of your time at Walt Disney World!
- Cirque du Soleil dining package available - Purchase a ticket to the 6:00 performance of La Nouba and take advantage of this special package, which includes an entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. The dinner package option is available at Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe, Planet Hollywood and Splitsville Luxury Lanes.
- Rehab planned for Splash Mountain - The ride will be closed 1/4/2015 - 1/30/2015.
- "Disney's Behind the Magic of Our Steam Trains" tour will be closed this fall - This Magic Kingdom tour will be closed 9/29-11/7/14.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sweet Spells - Sunset Boulevard - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sweet Spells - Sunset Boulevard
- A Guide to Drinking Around Epcot's World Showcase at Walt Disney World - One of the most popular things to do at Epcot’s World Showcase, you know aside from all that pesky learning and culture, is what’s called Drinking Around The World.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Sonny Eclipse - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Sonny Eclipse
- Festival of the Lion King celebrates 1 millionth guest in new theater - 1 million guests have attended the show since it opened in its new theater in June.
- Blog - Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival FAQ
- Prices for Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces - This year's Festival runs from September 19 - November 10, 2014.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train onboard videos and photos available with Memory Maker - After riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a video and photos of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. These photos/video are only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Planet Hollywood's outside merchandise location has closed - This is due to construction. Merchandise is still available inside the restaurant or at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Handbag Round Up: Dooney & Bourke, Vera Bradley, & LeSportsac
- Top 4 Best Thrill Rides At Walt Disney World According to You - The list below is the “final four” of a series of polls tournament bracket style from the DIS Unplugged Facebook page.
- VIDEO: Drinks Around The World Epcot - Corey, Shaun and Craig finish the Drinks Around The World series with the ultimate challenge – drinking around Epcot’s World Showcase!
- Blog - Looking for something to do before your cruise? Visit the Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral
- Chase Lounge will return to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - This lounge offers Chase cardholders a place to relax, enjoy complimentary beverages and charging stations for their electronics.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon registration re-opened - Runners can now have the chance to sign up for the 1/2 Marathon, the full Marathon and/or the Goofy Challenge as part of the Goofy Giveback.
- A Simple Guide to Planning Your First Walt Disney World Vacation - Planning a trip to Walt Disney World and don't know where to start? I've simplified the process by suggesting some decisions that need to be made before others.
- SeaWorld presents live version of Sid the Science Kid
- New photo service introduced at SeaWorld Orlando
- Details on George Lucas museum planned for Chicago
- Walt Disney Animation announces "Moana," a new CG-animated film for 2016
- Third quarter injury report for Central Florida theme parks
- Disney's MyMagic+ program given design award
- Warwick Davis cast in upcoming Star Wars film
- Disney's Flamingo Crossings developer plans seven hotels
- Universal theme park to be built in Beijing China
- James Earl Jones to have cameo in ABC broadcast of Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom