Ko Olina, Hawai'i
Disney's Aulani Resort and Spa is located right on the oceanfront in the beautiful Ko Olina Resort area of Oahu, Hawaii, about 17 miles north of the Honolulu Airport. Hawaiian culture and tradition come to life in this resort, modeled after the Hawaiian village concept. The ocean views, white sandy beaches, tropical foliage and salt-water lagoons make this resort a great vacation destination.
General Public Discounts for Aulani
Get the 4th night free!
Guests booking a minimum 4-night stay at Aulani can get the 4th night free! This offer is available for select nights 8/15 - 12/22/14. If guests upgrade to a 1- or 2-bedroom villa, they will get a $100 per night resort credit to use at the resort.
This offer must be booked by 10/30/14. Blackout dates are 11/26-11/29/14. Offer excludes suites and 3-bedroom Grand Villas. Offer applies to four or more consecutive nights. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.
Guests booking a 4-night stay at Aulani can get free round-trip transportation from the airport to the Resort, plus a free 1-day mid-size Alamo car rental! This offer is available for select nights 6/8-12/22/14.
This offer must be booked by 10/30/14. Blackout dates are 11/26-11/29/14. Offer excludes suites and 3-bedroom Grand Villas. Limit two rooms per reservation. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.
Save up to 30%!
Discount is valid for stays 8/25/14 - 12/19/14.
Walt Disney World and Disneyland annual passholders can save up to 30% on room reservations for select nights 8/25-11/26/14 and 11/30-12/19/14.
Book by 9/30/14. Excludes resort fees and taxes. Limit two rooms per reservation. A valid annual pass must be presented upon check-in. Offer excludes suites and 3-bedroom Grand Villas. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.
Aulani offers 25% off room reservations for active duty military. This offer is subject to availability.
- Aulani Photos: Pools, Hot Tubs, Cabanas
- Aulani Photos: Lazy River
- Aulani Photos: Beach and Lagoon
- Aulani 'IWA's - Your guide to events and activities
- Aulani Photos: Main entrance and lobby area
- Aulani Photos: Dining & Restaurants
- Aulani Photos: Laniwai Spa & Fitness Center
- Aulani Photos: Aunty's Beach House Kids Club
- Aulani Photos: Standard View Room
- Aulani Photos: Catamaran Excursion
- Aulani Photos: Rainbow Reef
- Aulani Photos: Kids Aquatic Play Area
Very similar to a Disney Cruise Line daily navigator, guests of Aulani receive a daily 'IWA (pronounced e-v-a) in their room every morning. These are crucial for planning your day at Aulani and something you should definitely read over in the morning. The daily 'IWA lists all of the events and activities, character greeting locations, and hours of operation for many of the venues. We've scanned a full week of 'IWA's for your reference. Please note that the details listed in the ones below are very likely to change and should only be used as a reference.
September 4-10, 2011
Aulani features 359 traditional hotel rooms and suites and 481 Disney Vacation Club Villas, decorated with wood and Hawaiian elements. These rooms have several views available: Standard View, Ocean View, Partial Ocean View, Poolside Gardens View, Island Gardens View. The standard rooms sleep 4 and have either 2 queen-size bed or 1 king-size bed with queen-size sleeper sofa. The 382-square-foot rooms have 1 bathroom. There are also handicap accessible rooms available for all views and on most floors.
There are 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suites available, featuring sleeping space for 5 and 6 guests. Villas include Deluxe Studios (accommodate 4), 1-bedroom villas (accommodate 5), 2-bedroom villas (accommodate 9) and 3-bedroom grand villas (accommodate 12).
Many of the contemporary custom furnishings pay homage to ancient culture. Fabrics in earth tones were inspired by kappa, or bark cloth, known for its subtle intricacy and embossed patterns. The headboards reflect outrigger canoe shapes and butterfly joints that were used to mend precious wooden bowls. Fabrics from the 1940s and 1950s have been reinvented in the room's pillow and bedding. Being a true Disney resort, you will find "hidden Mickeys" in the pineapple-patterned Hawaiian quilts on the bed and Ukulele-playing Mickey Mouse lamp on the desk.
Standard Room Amenities
- Ceiling fan
- Clock radio with mp3 capability
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Fully interactive flat panel television in each bedroom and living room with guest services, weather, and the ability to see your own "PhotoPass" photos
- Graco Pack 'N Play Playard
- Hair dryer
- Ice bucket
- Iron and ironing board
- Luggage rack
- Make-up mirror
- Small refrigerator
- Shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, bath soap, facial soap, lotion
- Tea kettle (electric) with tea supplies
- Wall safe in closet (laptop size)
- Wireless high-speed Internet access
- Full Room Service Menu
Handicapped Accessible Rooms:
- 532 Poolside Gardens View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 533 Standard View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 534 Poolside Gardens View King Bed, Roll In Shower
- 535 Standard View King Bed, Roll In Shower
- 832 Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 833 Partial Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 834 Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 835 Partial Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 1132 Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 1133 Partial Ocean View King Bed, Accessible Tub
- 1433 Partial Ocean, Parlor Suite, Accessible Tub
- 1538 Ocean View King Bed, Roll In Shower
- 1642 Ocean 2 Bedroom –'Ahu'ula King Bed, Roll In Shower
The following hotel rooms are set up to accommodate guests who are visually impaired:
- 632 Ocean View King Bed, Visual
- 633 Standard View King Bed, Visual
- 932 Ocean View King Bed, Visual
- 933 Partial Ocean View King Bed, Visual
- 934 Ocean View Queen Bed, Visual
- 935 Partial Ocean View Queen Bed, Visual
- 1230 Ocean View King Bed, Visual
- 1231 Partial Ocean View Queen Bed, Visual
- 1533 Partial Ocean, Parlor Suite Parlor, Visual
Disney resorts are known for their recreational opportunities and Aulani is no exception.
The Waikolohe Valley is the main pool area of the resort where the pools and water play area blend seamlessly into the beautiful surrounding scenery. There are two pools, both of which offer zero-entry as well as traditional steps. There are also two slides in Waikolole Valley, a tube (Tuberstone Curl) and a body slide (Volcanic Vertical) that takes you on a ride through volcanic rock, or you can float along in the lazy river that circles the entire valley (900 linear feet). There are also four hot tubs, two of which feature "infinity" edges that let you sit and soak in the beautiful Hawaiian sunsets. With its 2013 expansion, Waikolohe Valley features a themed family pool called Ka Maka Grotto with an infinity edge, a misty grotto with beautiful sunset views and an after-dark experience with glittering lights. Wailana Pool is an adult-exclusive pool area.
- All Pools - hours vary
- Wailana Pool (ages 18 and up) - 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Menehune Bridge / Aquatic Play Area
This play area is for children under 48 inches and features 3 slides, a play structure and more! Children using this area must be supervised at all times and diaper age children must wear swim diapers. There is no lifeguard on duty here.
A kids' splash zone that's designed to resemble a tidal pool, with images of tidal pool creatures on the pool floor, rainbow water jets and hidden menehune – the legendary 'little people' of the islands.
The Rainbow Reef saltwater snorkel lagoon is filled with tropical fish for you to explore. The Rainbow Reef experience is $20 for adults and $15 for children, or you can purchase an length-of-stay pass at $39 for adults and $29 for children. This is open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The water in the Reef is COLD, but it's definitely worth it. Snorkeling in the lagoon was not that enjoyable for us, but there's plenty to look at in the Reef. If you're trying to decide whether to spend your money on renting snorkeling equipment in the lagoon or doing this, I would say do this. I only saw a bunch of rocks in the lagoon. - Corey Martin
Aulani Beach and Lagoon
Guests of Aulani have access to an exclusive beach and lagoon area that is only shared by one other resort. Relax on a beach chair or take advantage of the rentals from Makiki Joe's.
Makiki Joe's Beach Rentals
Makiki Joe's is located on the beach and is where you will rent single and double kayaks, snorkel sets, stand up paddle boards, beach umbrellas, canoe adventures, and paddle board lessons. Makiki Joe's is open from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Snorkel Set: $10 hourly, $15 half day, $20 full day
- Single Kayak: $20 hourly
- Double Kayak: $30 hourly
- Stand up Paddle Board: $30 hourly, $75 half day
- Beach Umbrella: $15 half day, $40 full day
- Double Chase Lounge Chair: $30 half day, $40 full day (not included with recreation pass)
- Hawaiian Sailing Canoe Adventure: $99 adults / $79 kids
- Hawaiian Paddle Canoe Adventure: $79 adults / $59 kids
- Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Lesson: $39
- Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Adventure: $59
- Private and group lessons available upon request. Children ages 6-12
There are a total of 8 pool cabanas that you can rent for the day for up to 6 Guests. The cost per day is $325 and includes lounge chairs, couch, 6 waters in a mini fridge, safe, iHome for your ipod/iphone, 32-inch flat panel TV, fan, WiFi, and a menu to order food from. These are available from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Cabana No. 1 has the best view, but it books fast and is often reserved. When booking your cabana, also ask if it's near the kids play area. Depending on your situation, having a cabana in the kids area can be a good or bad thing. - Corey Martin
Live music, hula dancing and Disney characters make this the party to be at Monday and Thursday evenings on the Halawai lawn.
Pau Hana Room
Enjoy board games arts and crafts, book and Disney Family Movies together. DVD rentals also available.
Ko Olina Resort Golf
Reserve tee times at an 18-hole championship golf course created by legendary course designer Ted Robinson.
Features a variety of high-end goods and gifts, including: Maui Divers Jewelry, the latest Tori Richard styles, Hawaiian products, Aulani watches, Island-inspired jewelry and souvenirs. This shop is located in the Maka'ala (lobby) across from Kalepa's Store.
Money Saving Tip:
There is a grocery store across the street from Aulani. It's called Island Country Markets (by ABC Stores) and it's literally across the street within walking distance. Picking up a few snacks to keep in your room might be a good idea. They also have hot food items available for less than what you would pay at Aulani. I considered breakfast at Aulani somewhat limited, so check out the selection at the store. They even have seating outside. - Corey Martin
'Ama'Ama Beach Restaurant
This signature dining restaurant serves local favorites while you dine alongside the Pacific Ocean. Ama Ama means Mullet Fish and the theming behind the restaurant is a fishing village. Ama Ama offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is served from 7:00-10:30am. Lunch is served from 11:30 am - 3:00 pm. Dinner is served from 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm. There is live music from 7:00 - 9:00 pm. This is not a cheap restaurant so be prepared to spend money.
There is a dress code for Ama Ama's dinner service:
- Not Allowed: tank tops, swim wear, men's hats, cut-offs and torn clothing
- Men - khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared or aloha shirts (sport coats optional)
- Women - capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts, dress pants
Breakfast Buffet: This character breakfast, Aunty's Breakfast Celebration at the Makahiki, is served from 7:00 am - 11:00 am. Character breakfast price for adults is $32.00 and $18.00 for children 9 and under.
- *Example of items on the breakfast buffet include: Fresh fruits, assorted yogurt, cereals, pastries, Oatmeal with fresh Berries, Scrambled Eggs, Vegetable Frittata Omelets, Eggs Benedict, Pork Sausage, Turkey Bacon, Bacon, Portuguese Sausage, Aulani Potatoes, Loco Moco, Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast, Dim Sum, Seared Island fish, Miso Soup, Farm Greens, Tamango, Steamed Rice, Pickled Vegetables, Carving Station
Koho (Hawaiian for "to choose") Lunch: Choose toppings to create your own pizza, salad or sandwich. Some of the toppings available include pepperoni, Portuguese sausage and pineapple for pizza; veggies, several varieties of cheeses, grilled tofu, chicken, or shrimp for salads; fish, turkey, ham roast beef, avocado, pesto and cheese for sandwiches. Kids will have their own special choices. Signature entrees are also available: Hawaiian pizza, crispy Asian salad, or the Chef’s Bento Box with ahi tuna sashimi, chicken teriyaki, carrot and cucumber namasu, fried rice and mocha ice cream. Lunch prices range from $11.50 to $15.
Dinner Buffet: Dinner is served from 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Price for adults is $43.00 and $21.00 for children 9 and under.
Items on the dinner menu might not appeal to everyone in your family. Take a look at the items listed below or in the photo gallery here. I personally thought the food was great, but I also like to try everything and eat plenty at a buffet. My wife did not have the same experience. - Corey Martin
- *Example of items on the dinner buffet include: Curried Mussels, Braised Lamb with Goat Cheese Polenta, Grilled Teriyaki Eggplant with Asparagus, Sautéed Bok Choy, Assorted Tempura: (Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Carrots, Green Beans, and Onions), Port and Vegetable Lumpia Spring Roll, Sauté Green Beans with Onions, Huli Huli style chicken, Roasted Strip loin of Beef with Spiced Hawaiian Salt Crust, Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes, Traditional Pork & Butterfish Lau Lau, Assorted Vegetable Lau Lau, Chinese-style Steamed Fish, Beef Chow Fun Noodles, Assorted Dim Sum, Guava Barbecued Ribs, Sautéed Yellow Squash Zucchini and Peppers, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Assorted Sushi, Charcuterie Platter, Poached Shrimp, Fresh Sashimi, Mixed Island Greens, Macaroni Salad, Buckwheat Soba Noodle Salad, Poke, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Poi, Edamame Salad, Fruit Salad, Mango Cheesecake, Brownies, Banana Cream Puffs. Kids Dinner items include: Bacon-cheeseburger Macaroni, Pepperoni Pizza, and Grilled Chicken Strips with steamed vegetables.
*Menus item are subject to change without notice based on seasonal local ingredients.
The 'Olelo Room
'Olelo is the Hawaiian word for "language". This is an "interactive language lounge" that is full of sculptures labeled in 'Olelo Hawaii so that guests will increase their Hawaiian vocabulary. In 1896 English was made the main language of Hawaiian schools and children speaking it in class was punished, so parents discouraged their children from speaking it at home. As a result the Hawaiian language was nearly lost forever.
Continental breakfast is available from 6:00 am - 10:00 am. The lounge is open from 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm serving traditional food and drinks. There is live music outside of the 'Olelo room from 5:30 - 9:00 pm.
- Here are some of the food items you might find on the appetizer menu: Sashimi sampler ($15), Steamed Manilla Clams ($17), Ahi Poke ($15), Fresh Shrimp Summer Roll ($12), Kobe Beef Sliders ($15), Sweet Potato Fries ($8), Squid Ring Luau ($13), Domestic and Imported cheese platter ($12), Mini dessert sampler ($13).
Off the Hook
Off the Hook is the sports lounge located poolside and there are 2 large flat screen TV's that only show sporting events. The theming behind Off the Hook is that you are at a fisherman's house where the fishermen would gather after their day on the water to share stories about the "one that got away." Along the inner ledge of the building, you will find artifacts they brought back from their journeys. The 3 large hanging lights resemble fishing nets and water droplets.
Off the Hook is open 11:00 am - 12:00 am. An appetizer menu is served from 5 - 10 pm. This is the only place you can get an adult beverage at Aulani after 11:00 pm.
- Here are some of the food items you might find on the appetizer menu:
Feast of the Sea - Build your own seafood platter. Priced per piece. (choice of Oysters ($1.50), Prawns ($3.50), Clams ($.50), Keahole Lobster ($28), and Kona Abalone sea snails ($15.00) served with Black Butter Bread, Mignonette, Chili Pepper Water, and Aioli)
Hamachi and Ahi Sashimi with Ume Ponzu Sauce ($15), Prawns Satay on Sugar Cane skewers with peanut sauce ($15), Kobe Beef Sliders ($15), Peking Duck Flatbread with Hoisin sauce ($12), Domestic and Imported cheese platter ($12), Mini dessert sampler ($13).
This quick-service eatery is beachside. Convenient grab-and-go options include sandwiches, salads, California rolls, ice cream and fresh fruit. A children's menu is available as well.
The Lava Shack
The Lava Shack is the grab & go food and beverage location offering cold plate lunches or snacks. A refillable mug station is also available. A self-serve Dole Whip station is here, offering pineapple, vanilla or swirl soft serve. Since this is located near the pool area, you can pick up pool and sun essentials here too. Hours are 10:00am - 5:00pm.
Pool-side venue serving breakfast, lunch and dinner – and featuring an outdoor patio with beautiful ocean view. Open from 6:00-9:00pm.
Papalua Shave Ice
Pool-side stand that serves fruity shaved ice treats. Open 11:00am - 6:00pm.
Mama's Snack Stop
Attached to Papalua Shave Ice, this location offers hot dogs, chicken tenders, fries, cupcakes and fruit. An interesting twist on the sandwiches is that guests can choose the type of bread, sauce and meat they want. The options include all-beef hot dogs, Hawaiian Winner dogs, Portuguese sausages and even a buffalo ranch chicken tender dog. Open 10:00am - 7:00pm.
Rip Swirl Yogurt Bar
Yogurt with fresh fruit and other toppings are available in the youth spa, Painted Sky. This is open 11:00am - 6:00pm. Adults are allowed to purchase yogurt but are not allowed to hang out in that area.
Available from 6:00 am to midnight daily.
If you're lounging around the pool, you can take advantage of being served food and beverages without having to get up.
Money Saving Tip:
You're paying for convenience when you order from this menu. Take a look at the One Paddle, Two Paddle menu and you will find similar items for less. It might be worth it to send dad over and have him walk the food back. Give him the tip! - Corey Martin
- Here's an example of the lunch menu that is served around the pool and pool bars: Kalua-Roasted Pulled Pork Sandwich ($19), Soy-Marinated Tofu Wraps ($17), Today's Hawaiian Sustainable Catch Fish Tacos ($19), Crispy Marinated Check Lettuce Wraps ($18), Char-Grilled Vegetable Wrap ($17), Turkey Wrap ($18), Angus Chuck Burger with Bacon and Cheddar Cheese ($21) *All of the above are served with chips and Chocolate Cake.
Kids menu (choice of... Turkey wrap, Mac & cheese, Peanut butter & jam, burger, chicken strips, tuna salad): $8.50
Self-parking and valet is $35 per night and is assessed at check-in.
Ko'Olina Intra Resort Shuttle is available from 6:00 am - 11:00 pm outside of the Aulani porte cochere; check with concierge.
Car rental is available at the Holoholo Desk.
Laniwai means "freshwater heaven." As you enter the 23,000 square-foot spa and see the tranquil reflection pool, you'll immediately feel the calm surround you. Enjoy a massage therapy session, facial, or a full body treatment. Kids ages 13+ can head to Painted Sky, a 1,500-square-foot spa complete with a yogurt bar, computer station, and a mixology station where girls can learn to make cosmetics from natural ingredients.
- Click Here for the Laniwai Spa pricing sheet.
- Click Here for a list of Laniwai Spa treatments.
- Photo Gallery of the spa
Kula Wai (meaning "water source") is Aulani's 5,000-square-foot outdoor hydrotherapy garden where you can relax before your massage treatment. You can soak in an outdoor vitality bath meant to calm your mind and refresh your body. Used in tandem with a massage session, early Hawaiians believed that using fluctuating water temperatures helped to reset the body, boost immunity and increase circulation. This is a part of of the Laniwai Spa and is not available to non-spa guests.
Mikimiki Fitness Center
The 2,000 square-foot health club is the perfect place to stay in shape while on vacation. The state-of-the-art facilities offer yoga and tai chi classes, group fitness training, sport-specific training, and boot camp series spa treatments; relax after class in the sauna and steam rooms. You will need your room key to enter and exit.
Pau Hana Room
Enjoy board games, arts and crafts, books and Disney Family Movies together. DVD rentals also available. This is also where you will need to sign up to play the Menehune Adventure Game. Open from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm.
Tip: Check your daily 'IWA for some of the free classes that are held here, such as lei making.
Ko Olina Resort Golf
Reserve tee times at an 18-hole championship golf course created by legendary course designer Ted Robinson.
Conference Center & Outdoor Venue
Aulani has a 15,000+ square-foot conference center available for all of your group's needs. If an outside venue would suit your needs better, select one of the outdoor locations in the available 40,000 square-foot area.
Aunty's Beach House - Kids' Club
Aunty's Beach House is designed just for kids ages 3 to 12 and it offers secured programming where all children will be within sight or sound of the Youth Activities Counselors. Base activities (covered by the Resort room charge) and premium experiences (offered for a fee) will surprise and delight guests at Aulani by encouraging and promoting physical, intellectual, emotional, social and cultural development. The counselors are trained in basic first aid, CPR and AED. Also, each one goes through a basic ASL class, as well as a basic Japanese language class. There are three certified teachers on staff and one teacher is always working on Aunty's side of the house.
Drop the kids off while you go have a little adult time and know that they will be having the time of their lives. The Beach House is divided into two sides, Aunty's and Uncle's, and features traditional Disney music in Hawaiian. The keiki (children) will learn about Hawaiian culture in Aunty's living room where she gathers the children for Once Upon an Island storytelling, Make Believe Magic, lei making, hula lessons and ukulele playing. An enchanted fireplace and a magical ceiling window make this area extra special. Meals and snacks are served in Aunty's Kitchen. Snacks are provided free of charge every two hours and lunch and/or dinner are provided at an additional cost. Kids can also watch movies here and participate in Eruption Disruption! (a Volcanic experiment) as well as Stitch's Space Goo.
If you were a fan of the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island you have to check out Uncle's T.V. Room. You might spot a few familiar artifacts here. You won't be able to just walk in on your own, so ask about tour times. - Corey Martin
The interactive touch table games located in Uncle's Den will keep even the most tech-savvy kid entertained. Kids can "make it rain" to start movie time in Uncle's T.V. room or watch their favorite Disney show. Nap mats are available here for those keiki that need daytime rest. There are computers and gaming consoles in Uncle's Surfboard Workshop. Uncle's Garage is where your child can participate in arts and crafts, face painting, and the Fish Are Friends program (this is a premium experience at an additional charge and reservations are required). Kids will get an inside look at how the Aulani Animal Programs train, feed and care for the resort marine life. Not only will they see the animals first-hand, but they will make fish food and feed it to them. With all these experiences available, you may have to bribe them to leave!
If you are the parent of a child under the age of 3, you can take advantage of the Disney Aloha Junior program. This allows the parent and child to use Aunty's Beach House during the earlier part of the day. Parental supervision is required for all children under 3.
Aunty's Beach House is open 7 days a week, 12 months a year, but operating hours vary by day. Sunday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 am until 11 pm. Monday and Saturday from 8am until 9pm. Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30 am until 9 pm. All children participating in secured youth activities must have a completed Youth Registration Form on file and they must wear a Mickey Band while checked-into the beach house. The primary cell phone number for the child's family will be used as the point of contact between Aunty's Beach House and the child's family. Children are encouraged to leave all personal toys and gaming equipment with their families. Any items brought in will be labeled and stored until the child's check out from Aunty's Beach House. Kids are required to be potty trained, but potty accident clothing is provided by Aunty's Beach House just in case. Cast Members will not provide medication to guests in Youth Activities. The only medications allowed are prescribed asthma inhalers and EpiPen.
Aunty's Beach House accommodates all children, including those with disabilities, and the cast will work with each family to ensure the needs are met for each child to the best of the staff's abilities.
The Hawaiian legend of the menehune, or mischievous and playful little people, will inspire visiting children of all ages. The menehune (May-nay-hoo-nay) were believed to inhabit Hawaii long before the Polynesians settled into the islands. They are a mischievous race of hard workers and traces of their work and culture still remain on many of the islands, including the Fish Pond on Kauai.
Imagineers have hidden menehune statues all over the resort for keiki (the Hawaiian word for children) to discover. Players are given a handheld device and there will be audible and visual clues that will help guide them on their adventure to find the menehune.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Constantine the Frog to attend Villains Unleashed! event - The "Muppets Most Wanted" villain will be at the Stage One Company Store location near Muppet*Vision 3D.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party reduces number of performances this month - Performance times will be 5:40 and 7:00pm on August 12, 13, 19, 20 and 29, 2014. Concrete work taking place on Main Street will limit the number of performances on those days.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Adventureland - Swiss Family Treehouse Exit - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Magic Kingdom.
- Big Hero 6 characters coming to Walt Disney World - A specific date and location for the meet and greet has not yet been announced.
- Frozen Summer Fun extended at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This celebration has been extended through September 28.
- Top 5 Experiences at Walt Disney World That Don't Cost a Thing! - Walt Disney World can be a very expensive place — between park tickets, hotels, parking costs, meals and snacks, it all adds up very quickly. That’s why it’s important to remember that there are several fantastic experiences at Walt Disney World Resort that don’t cost a thing!
- Club Villain dance party planned for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This will take place at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland.
- Blog - New Disney Parks Inspired Coffees from Joffrey's
- Updated list of restaurants that accept Tables in Wonderland - Tables in Wonderland members save 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Video: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down extended through November 9 - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- All-Star Music food court closes for refurbishment - The Intermission Food Court will be closed 8/1/14-12/20/14 for refurb.
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
- "Frozen" behind-the-scenes special coming to ABC
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW