Saddle up and mosey on into this re-creation of an Old West town. Guests can enjoy the thrills of a wild runaway train ride, enjoy a leisurely riverboat cruise, watch an Old West stage show and so much more.
Legends of Frontierland
This interactive experience puts guests in the middle of the story.
"Frontierland and its neighbor, Rainbow Ridge, are in the midst of a good, ol' fashioned land fued. Rumors are spreading that gold has been discovered. Whether or not the rumors are true, the folk in Rainbow Ridge have one thing on their minds: take over Frontierland! Thus, the strugle begins..."
The experience involves entertainment, merchandise, food and more throughout Frontierland.
Legends of Frontierland ends 09/27/14.
Sailing Ship Columbia
(Opened: June 14, 1958)
Experience a full-circle cruise tour of the Rivers of America around Tom Sawyer Island aboard the first 3-masted windjammer to be built in the United States in over 100 years. You may also visit below deck to view the galley and living quarters in the ship's museum. The Columbia is also used during the nighttime spectacular ‘Fantasmic’.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Must transfer for wheelchair/ECV.
(Opened: September 2, 1979) This fast-paced roller coaster takes you on a journey back in time as you travel through a rustic re-creation of a gold mining town. You’ll board an open-air railcar on the "runaway" mine train. You’ll want to hold on tight as the train twists and turns through tunnels and caverns. Watch out for landslides, earthquakes and even bats! This ride is especially fun at night. FASTPASS Attraction
Restrictions: 40"/102cm minimum height and 3-year minimum age. Guests with back, neck or heart problems, pregnant women, or those affected by motion sickness should not ride. Inaccessible to strollers and guests must transfer from wheelchair/ECV
A pleasant break from the hectic pace of ride enthusiasts, Big Thunder Ranch is a western oasis that takes you back to a simpler day. One of the favorite areas of young children, the Ranch is home to goats, sheep, and the occasional cow, horse or donkey. The Cast Members that care for the animals are on hand to help children learn and enjoy their interactions.
DIS Unplugged Review by Nancy Johnson
The Music of Nashville
Beginning July 18th, the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree will be home to The Music of Nashville.
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, The Kelly Rea Band will be performing songs from the television Show "Nashville", plus other popular country hits.
The former Festival Arena now comes alive on select days with a good old fashioned hoedown. The area features music, dancing, crafts, pin trading and characters in their cowboy finest.
Frontierland Shootin' Exposition (Opened: July 12, 1957 (Shooting Gallery);
Shoot up Boot Hill and see what happens in this laser gun-shooting gallery. There is an extra charge for this attraction.
Mark Twain Riverboat
(Opened: July 17, 1955)
Experience a full-circle cruise tour of the Rivers of America around Tom Sawyer Island upon this steam-powered stern-wheeler paddlewheel boat. It’s a delightful and relaxing journey that brings the past to life. The Riverboat is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island (Opened: June 16, 1956)
These authentic looking rafts are the only transportation to Tom Sawyer island. Step onboard and enjoy the ride as you float to your destination.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
(Opened: June 16, 1956)
Tom Sawyer Island is a haven for Pirates. Among the enhancements will be a "Dead Man's Grotto" in the island caverns, a "Pirate's Den" on the Castle Rock as well as Buccaneer touches made to Tom & Huck's Treehouse and Smuggler's Cove.
Visitors can go in search of buried treasure, but beware, there will be live pirates waiting to take your booty away. Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
• Bonanza Outfitters - Outdoor clothing for the entire family
• Pioneer Mercantile - Souvenirs with a western flare
• Westward Ho Trading Company - Disney Pins, pins and more pins
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Shopping 201: Critter Country & Frontierland
- Stars of the Toy Story films - Join Sheriff Woody near Big Thunder Mountain for pictures and autographs. You just might run into Jessie too! Check Daily Schedule for times.
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland Pre and Post-2014 Refurb Picture in Picture POV - The attraction was recently opened after a rehab. Watch both the old and the new attraction together with this Picture in Picture video.
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland POV at Disneyland - The ride has re-opened with brand new video effects, a lot of new paint, added characters throughout the attraction and the removal of safety rails from the exterior portion of the attraction.
- 2015 dates released for Disneyland's Grad Nite - Dates and pricing has been released for Grad Nite 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Mickey's Halloween Party perks for Disneyland Passholders - Disneyland Annual Passholders who are attending Mickey's Halloween Party can stop by the Opera House for screenings of Halloween-themed Disney classics plus a tasty treat.
- Tips for using FastPass at Disneyland - With all the talk of Magic Bands and FastPass+ lately, I thought it might be good to remind folks that the Disneyland Resort is still using the "classic" paper FastPass system and maybe pass on a few tips.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Candy Cane Inn
- Save 20% on premium rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Most weeknights this Fall, save 20% on premium rooms at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - What to Expect at Disney's D23 Destination D Event this November
- Menu updated at Flo's V8 Cafe - Flo's V8 Café at California Adventure has updated its menu, adding a couple of hot sandwiches and replacing the pork loin with BBQ pork ribs.
- Disneyland delays Elsa & Anna's Boutique transformation - The transformation of Downtown Disney's Studio Disney 365 to Elsa & Anna's Boutique has been delayed. The new opening date is 10/06/14.
- Blog - Disney Opposes "Inflammatory" Amended Complaint in DAS Lawsuit
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- New drawbridge for Sleeping Beauty Castle
Sleeping Beauty Castle has received a new drawbridge and railings.
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.