Saddle up and mosey on into this re-creation of an Old West town. Guests can enjoy the thrills of a wild runaway train ride, enjoy a leisurely riverboat cruise, watch an Old West stage show and so much more.
Sailing Ship Columbia
(Opened: June 14, 1958)
Experience a full-circle cruise tour of the Rivers of America around Tom Sawyer Island aboard the first 3-masted windjammer to be built in the United States in over 100 years. You may also visit below deck to view the galley and living quarters in the ship's museum. The Columbia is also used during the nighttime spectacular ‘Fantasmic’.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Must transfer for wheelchair/ECV.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed 01/07/13 through Fall of 2013 for a lengthy refurbishment. The classic attraction will receive new ride vehicles and a new track (with the same course), plus portions of the mountain itself will be repainted.
(Opened: September 2, 1979) This fast-paced roller coaster takes you on a journey back in time as you travel through a rustic re-creation of a gold mining town. You’ll board an open-air railcar on the "runaway" mine train. You’ll want to hold on tight as the train twists and turns through tunnels and caverns. Watch out for landslides, earthquakes and even bats! This ride is especially fun at night. FASTPASS Attraction
Restrictions: 40"/102cm minimum height and 3-year minimum age. Guests with back, neck or heart problems, pregnant women, or those affected by motion sickness should not ride. Inaccessible to strollers and guests must transfer from wheelchair/ECV
A pleasant break from the hectic pace of ride enthusiasts, Big Thunder Ranch is a western oasis that takes you back to a simpler day. One of the favorite areas of young children, the Ranch is home to goats, sheep, and the occasional cow, horse or donkey. The Cast Members that care for the animals are on hand to help children learn and enjoy their interactions.
DIS Unplugged Review by Nancy Johnson
Woody's All-American Roundup
Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree.
Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
Buckaroo Bob and Billy Hill and the Hillbillies will provide the music.
The former Festival Arena now comes alive on select days with a good old fashioned hoedown. The area features music, dancing, crafts, pin trading and characters in their cowboy finest.
Frontierland Shootin' Exposition (Opened: July 12, 1957 (Shooting Gallery);
Shoot up Boot Hill and see what happens in this laser gun-shooting gallery. There is an extra charge for this attraction.
Mark Twain Riverboat
(Opened: July 17, 1955)
Experience a full-circle cruise tour of the Rivers of America around Tom Sawyer Island upon this steam-powered stern-wheeler paddlewheel boat. It’s a delightful and relaxing journey that brings the past to life. The Riverboat is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island (Opened: June 16, 1956)
These authentic looking rafts are the only transportation to Tom Sawyer island. Step onboard and enjoy the ride as you float to your destination.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
(Opened: June 16, 1956)
Tom Sawyer Island is a haven for Pirates. Among the enhancements will be a "Dead Man's Grotto" in the island caverns, a "Pirate's Den" on the Castle Rock as well as Buccaneer touches made to Tom & Huck's Treehouse and Smuggler's Cove.
Visitors can go in search of buried treasure, but beware, there will be live pirates waiting to take your booty away. Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
• Bonanza Outfitters - Outdoor clothing for the entire family
• Pioneer Mercantile - Souvenirs with a western flare
• Westward Ho Trading Company - Disney Pins, pins and more pins
- Stars of the Toy Story films - Join Sheriff Woody near Big Thunder Mountain for pictures and autographs. You just might run into Jessie too! Check Daily Schedule for times.
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer - Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy - Annual Passholders are invited to learn to draw a classic Disney character and hear behind-the scenes stores from Disney Animator Eric Goldberg. The event will be held at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm in the Disney Animation building at Disney California Adventure. Passholders must register in person the day of the event.
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection - In celebration of the new "Happiest Hipster on Earth" collection, Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery will be hosting a Cocktail Reception featuring an artist signing opportunity with Jerrod Maruyama. Tickets go on sale May 21st.
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely! - The new Disneyland Resort policy requiring a credit card for reservations at Disney owned restaurants that was to go in effect soon has been delayed indefinitely.
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show - Disneyland's Summer Fireworks, Magical, now incorporates the Glow with the Show ears. Also on select days, guests wearing them can access a special viewing area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/ for more information on the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
California agency reduces violations and associated fines that came as a result of April 13th closure of three major attractions.
- Space Mountain reopens at Disneyland
After a safety-related closure, Space Mountain is back open.
- Disney contractor fined by Cal-OSHA
A Disney contractor was fined in relation to the incident in November where a worker fell from the roof of Space Mountain.
- Updated: 3 Major attractions suddenly closed at Disneyland
Several major attractions closed at the Disneyland Resort.
- No more free coffee refills on Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A.
Market House at Disneyland will not offer free coffee refills after it changes into a Starbucks this fall.