Saddle up and mosey on into this re-creation of an Old West town. Guests can enjoy the thrills of a wild runaway train ride, enjoy a leisurely riverboat cruise, watch an Old West stage show and so much more.
Sailing Ship Columbia
(Opened: June 14, 1958)
Experience a full-circle cruise tour of the Rivers of America around Tom Sawyer Island aboard the first 3-masted windjammer to be built in the United States in over 100 years. You may also visit below deck to view the galley and living quarters in the ship's museum. The Columbia is also used during the nighttime spectacular ‘Fantasmic’.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Must transfer for wheelchair/ECV.
(Opened: September 2, 1979) This fast-paced roller coaster takes you on a journey back in time as you travel through a rustic re-creation of a gold mining town. You’ll board an open-air railcar on the "runaway" mine train. You’ll want to hold on tight as the train twists and turns through tunnels and caverns. Watch out for landslides, earthquakes and even bats! This ride is especially fun at night. FASTPASS Attraction
Restrictions: 40"/102cm minimum height and 3-year minimum age. Guests with back, neck or heart problems, pregnant women, or those affected by motion sickness should not ride. Inaccessible to strollers and guests must transfer from wheelchair/ECV
A pleasant break from the hectic pace of ride enthusiasts, Big Thunder Ranch is a western oasis that takes you back to a simpler day. One of the favorite areas of young children, the Ranch is home to goats, sheep, and the occasional cow, horse or donkey. The Cast Members that care for the animals are on hand to help children learn and enjoy their interactions.
DIS Unplugged Review by Nancy Johnson
The Music of Nashville
Beginning July 18th, the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree will be home to The Music of Nashville.
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, The Kelly Rea Band will be performing songs from the television Show "Nashville", plus other popular country hits.
The former Festival Arena now comes alive on select days with a good old fashioned hoedown. The area features music, dancing, crafts, pin trading and characters in their cowboy finest.
Frontierland Shootin' Exposition (Opened: July 12, 1957 (Shooting Gallery);
Shoot up Boot Hill and see what happens in this laser gun-shooting gallery. There is an extra charge for this attraction.
Mark Twain Riverboat
(Opened: July 17, 1955)
Experience a full-circle cruise tour of the Rivers of America around Tom Sawyer Island upon this steam-powered stern-wheeler paddlewheel boat. It’s a delightful and relaxing journey that brings the past to life. The Riverboat is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island (Opened: June 16, 1956)
These authentic looking rafts are the only transportation to Tom Sawyer island. Step onboard and enjoy the ride as you float to your destination.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
(Opened: June 16, 1956)
Tom Sawyer Island is a haven for Pirates. Among the enhancements will be a "Dead Man's Grotto" in the island caverns, a "Pirate's Den" on the Castle Rock as well as Buccaneer touches made to Tom & Huck's Treehouse and Smuggler's Cove.
Visitors can go in search of buried treasure, but beware, there will be live pirates waiting to take your booty away. Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
• Bonanza Outfitters - Outdoor clothing for the entire family
• Pioneer Mercantile - Souvenirs with a western flare
• Westward Ho Trading Company - Disney Pins, pins and more pins
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Shopping 201: Critter Country & Frontierland
- Stars of the Toy Story films - Join Sheriff Woody near Big Thunder Mountain for pictures and autographs. You just might run into Jessie too! Check Daily Schedule for times.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Fall Discount Offer - Book a 3-night Disneyland Resort Package at a Good Neighbor Hotel for as little as $89 per person per night.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Camelot Inn
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/11/14
- Happy 45th Birthday to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion! - This New Orleans Square attraction opened on August 9, 1969.
- Tickets for Knott's Scary Farm now on sale - Tickets are now on sale for Knott's Berry Farm's annual Halloween Celebration.
- Free Vinylmation with Disneyland Vacation Package - Book a vacation package to the Disneyland Resort this fall and receive a special Vinylmation figure inspired by Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
- D23 announces ticket pricing for D23 Expo 2015 - Tickets go on sale August 14th, 2014 (one year in advance) for the D23 Expo 2015 in Anaheim. Early Bird pricing is good through the end of the year.
- Guardians of the Galaxy print at Disneyland's Pizza Port - Spend $30 or more at Pizza Port and receive an exclusive Guardians of the Galaxy print, while supplies last.
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend adds Pixie Dust Challenge - The Pixie Dust Challenge has been added for runners who take on both the Tinker Bell 10K and the Tinker Bell Half Marathon.
- Save 20% on a room only reservation at Disneyland hotels - Book a premium room at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, Disneyland Hotel or Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and save 20%. Save 15% on a standard room.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party tickets now on sale to the general public. - This event runs September 12-October 31, 2014.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.