Saddle up and mosey on into this re-creation of an Old West town. Guests can enjoy the thrills of a wild runaway train ride, enjoy a leisurely riverboat cruise, watch an Old West stage show and so much more.
Sailing Ship Columbia
(Opened: June 14, 1958)
Experience a full-circle cruise tour of the Rivers of America around Tom Sawyer Island aboard the first 3-masted windjammer to be built in the United States in over 100 years. You may also visit below deck to view the galley and living quarters in the ship's museum. The Columbia is also used during the nighttime spectacular ‘Fantasmic’.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Must transfer for wheelchair/ECV.
(Opened: September 2, 1979) This fast-paced roller coaster takes you on a journey back in time as you travel through a rustic re-creation of a gold mining town. You’ll board an open-air railcar on the "runaway" mine train. You’ll want to hold on tight as the train twists and turns through tunnels and caverns. Watch out for landslides, earthquakes and even bats! This ride is especially fun at night. FASTPASS Attraction
Restrictions: 40"/102cm minimum height and 3-year minimum age. Guests with back, neck or heart problems, pregnant women, or those affected by motion sickness should not ride. Inaccessible to strollers and guests must transfer from wheelchair/ECV
A pleasant break from the hectic pace of ride enthusiasts, Big Thunder Ranch is a western oasis that takes you back to a simpler day. One of the favorite areas of young children, the Ranch is home to goats, sheep, and the occasional cow, horse or donkey. The Cast Members that care for the animals are on hand to help children learn and enjoy their interactions.
DIS Unplugged Review by Nancy Johnson
The former Festival Arena now comes alive on select days with a good old fashioned hoedown. The area features music, dancing, crafts, pin trading and characters in their cowboy finest. It's also the home to seasonal events throughout the year.
Frontierland Shootin' Exposition (Opened: July 12, 1957 (Shooting Gallery);
Shoot up Boot Hill and see what happens in this laser gun-shooting gallery. There is an extra charge for this attraction.
Mark Twain Riverboat
(Opened: July 17, 1955)
Experience a full-circle cruise tour of the Rivers of America around Tom Sawyer Island upon this steam-powered stern-wheeler paddlewheel boat. It’s a delightful and relaxing journey that brings the past to life. The Riverboat is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island (Opened: June 16, 1956)
These authentic looking rafts are the only transportation to Tom Sawyer island. Step onboard and enjoy the ride as you float to your destination.
Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
(Opened: June 16, 1956)
Tom Sawyer Island is a haven for Pirates. Among the enhancements will be a "Dead Man's Grotto" in the island caverns, a "Pirate's Den" on the Castle Rock as well as Buccaneer touches made to Tom & Huck's Treehouse and Smuggler's Cove.
Visitors can go in search of buried treasure, but beware, there will be live pirates waiting to take your booty away. Restrictions: Inaccessible to strollers. Wheelchair/ECV accessible.
• Bonanza Outfitters - Outdoor clothing for the entire family
• Pioneer Mercantile - Souvenirs with a western flare
• Westward Ho Trading Company - Disney Pins, pins and more pins
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Shopping 201: Critter Country & Frontierland
- Stars of the Toy Story films - Join Sheriff Woody near Big Thunder Mountain for pictures and autographs. You just might run into Jessie too! Check Daily Schedule for times.
- Top 5 Dining Experiences at the Disneyland Resort - Here are what I feel (at this particular moment) are the top dining experiences at the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - SpringHill Suites
- Blog - Christmas at Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Discount is available most nights 4/6 - 6/15/15.
- Mad T Party at California Adventure ends November 30th - Mad T Party will have its final performance on 11/30/14. No word yet on what will replace it.
- Top 5(+) things that are better at Walt Disney World than at Disneyland - Bigger may not always be better, but isn't always worse either. I can't resist countering with an article that lists, in my view, the things that are better at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - Hyatt Place
- Blog - Jingle Cruise: a Better and Funnier Voyage in 2014
- Blog - Disney's Second Try at World of Color: Winter Dreams feels more Disney
- Blog - The Wreaths of Disneyland's Small World Holiday
- Top 5 things that are better at Disneyland than at Walt Disney World - Bigger isn't always better and while Walt Disney's original theme park is smaller, it still has the advantage over its East-coast counterpart in a few key areas.
- My favorite bathrooms in California Adventure - Being a newer park, the facilities are better thought out and larger. Still, you do have options..... Let's take a look at the bathrooms of DCA.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/10/14
- Free breakfast offer for length of stay at Aulani - This offer must be booked by December 18.
- Blog - Frozen Ice Palace Debuts at Malls Across the Country
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Aulani plans Thanksgiving feast - Celebrate the holiday in the Kaiona Ballroom. The menu will include traditional Thanksgiving favorites with an island twist.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/03/14
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Conjure A Villain at Disneyland Park - During Halloween Time at Disneyland Park, you can conjure a villain to meet back in the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch. You never know what villain you are going to get!
- VIDEO: Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade 2014 - Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade is the special parade that takes place during Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park.
- VIDEO: Cadaver Dans sing "Headless Horseman" on the Rivers of America - During Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park, the Dapper Dans transform into the Cadaver Dans and move their act from Main Street USA to the Rivers of America to perform some Halloween-themed numbers including this version of "Headless Horseman" from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" animated Disney film.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - New Orleans Square - Rivers of America - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at New Orleans Square - Rivers of America
- Blog - Mickey's Halloween Party vs. Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- My favorite bathrooms in Disneyland Park - What makes a good bathroom? Is it clean? Is it busy? How big is it? How crowded is it?
- VIDEO: 2014 Mickey's Halloween Party Overview - Mickey's Halloween Party is the yearly event that brings the spookiest holiday of them all to Disneyland Park.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
- Schedule for handmade candy canes at Disneyland
Candy cane-making season begins November 28.