in Disneyland California represents the vision and fantasy of futurists such as H.G.
Wells, Jules Verne and, of course, Walt Disney. Guests can
zoom through Space Mountain, experience 3-D fun in "Captain EO", travel through
the galaxy in Star Tours, drive racecars and enjoy so much more as they experience
This futuristic icon located at the entrance to Tomorrowland provides a sneak peek at what lies ahead. Board your own rocket ship and soar above the stars as you control your flight over Tomorrowland.
Autopia Presented by Chevron
(Opened: July 17, 1955. Completely renovated and debuted on June 29, 2000)
Drive your racecar through Autopia on a two mile-long racetrack through Tomorrowland.
Each vehicle is driven along a guided track. You control the speed of the vehicle as you motor your way around the course.
Restrictions: 1-year minimum age to ride (with an adult). 54"/32cm minimum height to drive alone. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this attraction. Expectant mothers should not ride. Inaccessible to strollers.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
(March 2005) FASTPASS Attraction
Get ready to help Buzz Lightyear fight his nemesis, The Evil Emperor Zurg.
Board your Space Cruiser and blast your way through several scenes. Aim your weapon and shoot a beam of light at the alien targets while scoring points. The joystick lets you rotate your cruiser as you compete for the highest score.
Some targets rotate, some spin, some don't move, but all have one thing in common, the center circle that you have to hit in order to rack up more points.
After your adventure, you can email a picture of you with your final score to yourself or a friend. Click Here for a review
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride, Adults should accompany small children.
Originally open from September 1986 through April 1997, Captain EO returns to the Disneyland Resort February 23, 2010. This 3D film features Michael Jackson as Captain EO and his band of misfits Fuzzball, Idee and Odee, Major Domo, Minor Domo and Hooter on a mission to deliver the gift of music to the 'Witch Queen'. Original music and special effects make this George Lucas/Michael Jackson/Disney collaboration a must see!
Travel from Tomorrowland in Disneyland to the Downtown Disney Station, which is accessible to the Disneyland Resort Hotels. (When boarding at the Downtown Disney station, guests must disembark in Tomorrowland.)
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard). May remain in wheelchair/ECV
Disneyland Railroad (Opened: July 17, 1955)
Stops in stations at Main Street, U.S.A., New Orleans Square, Mickey's Toontown, and Tomorrowland. This is one of the park's original 17 attractions. A 1.2 mile old-fashioned narrow-gauge steam train that moves around the Park's perimeter including a trip through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas.
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard).
(Photos) Via a submarine, you visit the underwater world of Nemo and his friends. Using new technology, the cast of 'Finding Nemo' will swim by your porthole in this fun filled attraction.
'Sonar Hydrophones' will allow you to listen to the action as Dory, Marlin and friends go in pursuit of Nemo.
Trivia buffs who remember the original attraction '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' will want to pay close attention to the soundtrack. There are snippets of dialogue from that ride.
While guests with disabilities will not be able to access the submarines, an Observation Outpost will allow them to take part in this exciting attraction.
A hands-on look at how creative technical developments improve our lives today and in the future. You are free to explore at your own pace the two levels of interactive "edutainment", including the House of the Future.
Captain America: The Living Legend and Symbol of Courage
Guests can meet Captain America in a patriotic setting befitting the First Avenger.
Thor: Treasures of Asgard
Guests can visit an exhibit of objects brought to Earth from Asgard. After viewing the exhibit, guests are invited into a chamber where they will be transported to Asgard for an audience with Thor himself.
Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries
Guests have a chance to see Tony Stark's Hall of Armor, featuring Iron Man suits from the upcoming "Iron Man 3". Plus, through simulation technology, guests will be able to suit-up and see what it would be like to operate the latest pieces of Iron Man armor.
Test your Light Saber skills at the ‘Jedi Training Academy’ located at the Tomorrowland Terrace (check daily schedule for times) Here, your little Jedis will train alongside ‘official’ Jedis to learn the fine art of light saber fighting. Once your little Jedi graduates, they will be treated to a ‘real’ test of their skills with the likes of Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Please be warned that not everyone will be able to participate, so get here early. The good news is it’s scheduled a few times throughout the day so, if you are not picked, you will be able to try again.
Space Mountain by Federal Express FASTPASS Attraction
(Opened May 4, 1977 (Dedicated on May 27, 1977)
Board your rocket and launch past stars and planets on this classic roller coaster ride in the dark. An onboard sychronized soundtrack increases the excitement.
This is a very popular ride and the lines can be very long! Make sure you get your FASTPASS.
This arcade features the most popular coin-operated video games of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Arcade games are coin operated and are not included in the daily admission price.
Get ready for your trip to one of 6 different destinations in this new 3-D version of the classic ride. You'll be traveling to Kashyyyk, Geonosis, Hoth, Naboo, Coruscant or Tatooine, but be careful you don't take an unexpected trip to the Death Star.
The destinations can be combined into more that 50 different story adventures, so you'll never know where your Starspeeder will take you.
Restrictions: Minimum height to ride is 40 inches/102 cm. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride. Video captioning available in selected pre-show portions (see a Cast Member for details.) Guests with back, neck or heart problems, pregnant women, or those affected by motion sickness should not ride.
Tomorrowland Terrace (Counter Service):
Here you can order the best Burgers in the Galaxy, Fried Chicken, tortilla wraps, fries, etc. In the evening, they may have entertainment – groups playing contemporary music.
Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port (Cafeteria)
This open food court style restaurant features salads, pasta, pizza and sandwiches as well as children's meals. Favorite fresh Italian-inspired selections are found here. Healthy options and vegetarian menu items are available.
• Autopia Winner’s Circle - Take
home an ‘Autopia’ souvenir
• TomorrowLanding- A wide selection of hats
• Little Green Men Store Command - A must do for Pin Traders
• The Star Trader - ‘Tomorrowland’ souvenirs
- Magical fireworks returns to Disneyland Park on 5/2 - Magical, Disneyland's fireworks show that features an appearance by Dumbo, returns for the summer beginning May 2nd.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover - Knott's Berry Farm has expanded their makeover of Camp Snoopy to include a new Peanuts meet and greet, plus re-theming of Lucy's Tugboat and the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.