in Disneyland California represents the vision and fantasy of futurists such as H.G.
Wells, Jules Verne and, of course, Walt Disney. Guests can
zoom through Space Mountain, experience 3-D fun in "Captain EO", travel through
the galaxy in Star Tours, drive racecars and enjoy so much more as they experience
This futuristic icon located at the entrance to Tomorrowland provides a sneak peek at what lies ahead. Board your own rocket ship and soar above the stars as you control your flight over Tomorrowland.
Autopia Presented by Chevron
(Opened: July 17, 1955. Completely renovated and debuted on June 29, 2000)
Drive your racecar through Autopia on a two mile-long racetrack through Tomorrowland.
Each vehicle is driven along a guided track. You control the speed of the vehicle as you motor your way around the course.
Restrictions: 1-year minimum age to ride (with an adult). 54"/32cm minimum height to drive alone. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this attraction. Expectant mothers should not ride. Inaccessible to strollers.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
(March 2005) FASTPASS Attraction
Get ready to help Buzz Lightyear fight his nemesis, The Evil Emperor Zurg.
Board your Space Cruiser and blast your way through several scenes. Aim your weapon and shoot a beam of light at the alien targets while scoring points. The joystick lets you rotate your cruiser as you compete for the highest score.
Some targets rotate, some spin, some don't move, but all have one thing in common, the center circle that you have to hit in order to rack up more points.
After your adventure, you can email a picture of you with your final score to yourself or a friend. Click Here for a review
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride, Adults should accompany small children.
Originally open from September 1986 through April 1997, Captain EO returns to the Disneyland Resort February 23, 2010. This 3D film features Michael Jackson as Captain EO and his band of misfits Fuzzball, Idee and Odee, Major Domo, Minor Domo and Hooter on a mission to deliver the gift of music to the 'Witch Queen'. Original music and special effects make this George Lucas/Michael Jackson/Disney collaboration a must see!
Travel from Tomorrowland in Disneyland to the Downtown Disney Station, which is accessible to the Disneyland Resort Hotels. (When boarding at the Downtown Disney station, guests must disembark in Tomorrowland.)
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard). May remain in wheelchair/ECV
Disneyland Railroad (Opened: July 17, 1955)
Stops in stations at Main Street, U.S.A., New Orleans Square, Mickey's Toontown, and Tomorrowland. This is one of the park's original 17 attractions. A 1.2 mile old-fashioned narrow-gauge steam train that moves around the Park's perimeter including a trip through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas.
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard).
(Photos) Via a submarine, you visit the underwater world of Nemo and his friends. Using new technology, the cast of 'Finding Nemo' will swim by your porthole in this fun filled attraction.
'Sonar Hydrophones' will allow you to listen to the action as Dory, Marlin and friends go in pursuit of Nemo.
Trivia buffs who remember the original attraction '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' will want to pay close attention to the soundtrack. There are snippets of dialogue from that ride.
While guests with disabilities will not be able to access the submarines, an Observation Outpost will allow them to take part in this exciting attraction.
A hands-on look at how creative technical developments improve our lives today and in the future. You are free to explore at your own pace the two levels of interactive "edutainment", including the House of the Future.
Thor: Treasures of Asgard
Guests can visit an exhibit of objects brought to Earth from Asgard. After viewing the exhibit, guests are invited into a chamber where they will be transported to Asgard for an audience with Thor himself.
Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries
Guests have a chance to see Tony Stark's Hall of Armor, featuring Iron Man suits from the upcoming "Iron Man 3". Plus, through simulation technology, guests will be able to suit-up and see what it would be like to operate the latest pieces of Iron Man armor.
Test your Light Saber skills at the ‘Jedi Training Academy’ located at the Tomorrowland Terrace (check daily schedule for times) Here, your little Jedis will train alongside ‘official’ Jedis to learn the fine art of light saber fighting. Once your little Jedi graduates, they will be treated to a ‘real’ test of their skills with the likes of Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Please be warned that not everyone will be able to participate, so get here early. The good news is it’s scheduled a few times throughout the day so, if you are not picked, you will be able to try again.
Space Mountain by Federal Express FASTPASS Attraction
(Opened May 4, 1977 (Dedicated on May 27, 1977)
Board your rocket and launch past stars and planets on this classic roller coaster ride in the dark. An onboard sychronized soundtrack increases the excitement.
This is a very popular ride and the lines can be very long! Make sure you get your FASTPASS.
This arcade features the most popular coin-operated video games of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Arcade games are coin operated and are not included in the daily admission price.
Get ready for your trip to one of 6 different destinations in this new 3-D version of the classic ride. You'll be traveling to Kashyyyk, Geonosis, Hoth, Naboo, Coruscant or Tatooine, but be careful you don't take an unexpected trip to the Death Star.
The destinations can be combined into more that 50 different story adventures, so you'll never know where your Starspeeder will take you.
Restrictions: Minimum height to ride is 40 inches/102 cm. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride. Video captioning available in selected pre-show portions (see a Cast Member for details.) Guests with back, neck or heart problems, pregnant women, or those affected by motion sickness should not ride.
Tomorrowland Terrace (Counter Service):
Here you can order the best Burgers in the Galaxy, Fried Chicken, tortilla wraps, fries, etc. In the evening, they may have entertainment – groups playing contemporary music.
Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port (Cafeteria)
This open food court style restaurant features salads, pasta, pizza and sandwiches as well as children's meals. Favorite fresh Italian-inspired selections are found here. Healthy options and vegetarian menu items are available.
• Autopia Winner’s Circle - Take
home an ‘Autopia’ souvenir
• TomorrowLanding- A wide selection of hats
• Little Green Men Store Command - A must do for Pin Traders
• The Star Trader - ‘Tomorrowland’ souvenirs
- Jerry Bruckheimer book signing at Disneyland Park - Award-winning producer Jerry Bruckheimer will be appearing for a special signing of "Jerry Bruckheimer: When Lightning Strikes | Four Decades of Filmmaking" by Michael Singer on December 14th.
- Elf Days at California Adventure - Santa's elves are looking for recruits to join their ranks 12/09/13 through 12/15/13. Head to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail where you can test your bravery with the Jingle Bell Bridge, tackle Present Tracking or learn the secret Elf Handshake.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- VIDEO: "In Summer" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "In Summer," sung by Josh Gad from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- VIDEO: "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade at Disneyland - Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
- VIDEO: Santa Talks Holidays at Disneyland Resort 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Santa about all of the holiday happenings at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: Making Tamales at Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, while he learns about Viva Navidad! and how to make tamales from Rubia, a pastry chef at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "Let It Go," sung by broadway star Idina Menzel from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure. "World of Color" is the nighttime colored fountain show at DCA and has been performed since 2010. "Winter Dreams" is the first full show variation.
- VIDEO: World of Color Fountain Controls at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Rene from Disney Parks and Resorts about the technology behind World of Color - Winter Dreams, the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure.
- Donate to Toys For Tots at the Disneyland Resort - Donate a new, unwrapped toy at several locations throughout Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Resort Hotels from 12/1 through 12/14.
- VIDEO: Haunted Mansion Holiday 2013 at Disneyland - Jack Skellington takes over the Haunted Mansion to bring Christmas to Halloweentown in Haunted Mansion Holiday, the seasonal overlay that is celebrating its 13th year at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: World of Color - Winter Dreams - For the Christmas season, Disney California Adventure Park presents 'World of Color - Winter Dreams' a brand new holiday version of World of Color starring Olaf (voiced by Josh Gad), the lovable snowman from Disney's "Frozen," a Toy Story Nutcracker sequence and a special intro featuring the Honor Choir.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- VIDEO: Disneyland's 'Jingle Cruise' Queue and Full POV Ride-Through - The Jungle Cruise Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they've added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they've created themselves). Other changes include new jokes, boat names and music loop in the queue.
- TubaChristmas returns to the Disneyland Resort - Hundreds of tuba players will gather in Downtown Disney to perform holiday music on December 21st at 1:00pm.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- Blog - Trader Sam’s Mixes Up Holiday Drinks
- VIDEO: Olaf's Ice Rink in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort - This year at Downtown Disney, the ice rink created for the holiday season is based off of the 53rd Disney Animated Film "Frozen". Olaf's Ice Rink allows guests to lace up skates and hit the ice, but if you're not adventurous then you can do some shopping at the holiday themed stands.
- VIDEO: Christmas in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure - Seasons Speedings! Cars Land, the popular area at Disney California Adventure based off of the Disney-Pixar film "Cars", has received a holiday overlay making the streets of Radiator Springs merrier than ever.
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- Knott's Berry Farm announces major plans for 2014 - Knott's Berry farm is planning a major refurbishment for the Calico Mine Ride beginning in January, plus new rides and an entire restoration to celebrate Camp Snoopy's 30th Anniversary.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Disneyland announces more lengthy closures for early 2014 - In addition to the 4-month closure for Alice in Wonderland, the Disneyland Resort has also announced a 8-month closure for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and a nearly 4-month closure for Soarin' Over California.
- VIDEO: Toy Story Nutcracker from "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - Toy Story Nutcracker is a special sequence created by Pixar specifically for "World of Color - Winter Dreams", the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure. Your favorite Toy Story characters dance to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite songs including March of the Wooden Soldier, Trepak, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Chinese Dance and Dance of the Flowers.
- Viva Navidad menu takes over Paradise Garden Grill - A special Viva Navidad menu is being served at California Adventure's Paradise Garden Grill, featuring Street Style Tacos, Chicken Mole and Torta al Pastor.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- VIDEO: Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular - For the Christmas season, Disneyland Park presents 'Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular,' a holiday fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle which ends with magical snowfall over Main Street U.S.A.
- Firefighters called for smoke at Disneyland
Smoke was seen coming from a Disneyland storage facility.
- Billy Hill and the Hillbillies leaving Disneyland Park in January
20-year veterans of the park, the group will hold its final performance January 6, 2014.
- Couple gets married on Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean ride
A Disney-loving couple held a secret wedding on Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Disney's Jungle Cruise getting a holiday makeover
The Jungle Cruise at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will be transforming into the "Jingle Cruise" this holiday season.
- The View to broadcast live from Disneyland in November
The show will tape November 18-22.