in Disneyland California represents the vision and fantasy of futurists such as H.G.
Wells, Jules Verne and, of course, Walt Disney. Guests can
zoom through Space Mountain, experience 3-D fun in "Captain EO", travel through
the galaxy in Star Tours, drive racecars and enjoy so much more as they experience
This futuristic icon located at the entrance to Tomorrowland provides a sneak peek at what lies ahead. Board your own rocket ship and soar above the stars as you control your flight over Tomorrowland.
Autopia Presented by Chevron
(Opened: July 17, 1955. Completely renovated and debuted on June 29, 2000)
Drive your racecar through Autopia on a two mile-long racetrack through Tomorrowland.
Each vehicle is driven along a guided track. You control the speed of the vehicle as you motor your way around the course.
Restrictions: 1-year minimum age to ride (with an adult). 54"/32cm minimum height to drive alone. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this attraction. Expectant mothers should not ride. Inaccessible to strollers.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
(March 2005) FASTPASS Attraction
Get ready to help Buzz Lightyear fight his nemesis, The Evil Emperor Zurg.
Board your Space Cruiser and blast your way through several scenes. Aim your weapon and shoot a beam of light at the alien targets while scoring points. The joystick lets you rotate your cruiser as you compete for the highest score.
Some targets rotate, some spin, some don't move, but all have one thing in common, the center circle that you have to hit in order to rack up more points.
After your adventure, you can email a picture of you with your final score to yourself or a friend. Click Here for a review
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride, Adults should accompany small children.
Big Hero 6
Beginning 09/26/14, the Magic Eye Theater will host a 4D preview of Walt Disney Animations Studios latest animated feature, "Big Hero Six".
Originally open from September 1986 through April 1997, Captain EO returns to the Disneyland Resort February 23, 2010. This 3D film features Michael Jackson as Captain EO and his band of misfits Fuzzball, Idee and Odee, Major Domo, Minor Domo and Hooter on a mission to deliver the gift of music to the 'Witch Queen'. Original music and special effects make this George Lucas/Michael Jackson/Disney collaboration a must see!
Travel from Tomorrowland in Disneyland to the Downtown Disney Station, which is accessible to the Disneyland Resort Hotels. (When boarding at the Downtown Disney station, guests must disembark in Tomorrowland.)
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard). May remain in wheelchair/ECV
Disneyland Railroad (Opened: July 17, 1955)
Stops in stations at Main Street, U.S.A., New Orleans Square, Mickey's Toontown, and Tomorrowland. This is one of the park's original 17 attractions. A 1.2 mile old-fashioned narrow-gauge steam train that moves around the Park's perimeter including a trip through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas.
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard).
(Photos) Via a submarine, you visit the underwater world of Nemo and his friends. Using new technology, the cast of 'Finding Nemo' will swim by your porthole in this fun filled attraction.
'Sonar Hydrophones' will allow you to listen to the action as Dory, Marlin and friends go in pursuit of Nemo.
Trivia buffs who remember the original attraction '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' will want to pay close attention to the soundtrack. There are snippets of dialogue from that ride.
While guests with disabilities will not be able to access the submarines, an Observation Outpost will allow them to take part in this exciting attraction.
A hands-on look at how creative technical developments improve our lives today and in the future. You are free to explore at your own pace the two levels of interactive "edutainment", including the House of the Future.
Guests can meet Captain America in a patriotic setting befitting the First Avenger.
Thor: Treasures of Asgard
Guests can visit an exhibit of objects brought to Earth from Asgard. After viewing the exhibit, guests are invited into a chamber where they will be transported to Asgard for an audience with Thor himself.
Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries
Guests have a chance to see Tony Stark's Hall of Armor, featuring Iron Man suits from the upcoming "Iron Man 3". Plus, through simulation technology, guests will be able to suit-up and see what it would be like to operate the latest pieces of Iron Man armor.
Test your Light Saber skills at the ‘Jedi Training Academy’ located at the Tomorrowland Terrace (check daily schedule for times) Here, your little Jedis will train alongside ‘official’ Jedis to learn the fine art of light saber fighting. Once your little Jedi graduates, they will be treated to a ‘real’ test of their skills with the likes of Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Please be warned that not everyone will be able to participate, so get here early. The good news is it’s scheduled a few times throughout the day so, if you are not picked, you will be able to try again.
Space Mountain by Federal Express FASTPASS Attraction
(Opened May 4, 1977 (Dedicated on May 27, 1977)
Board your rocket and launch past stars and planets on this classic roller coaster ride in the dark. An onboard sychronized soundtrack increases the excitement.
This is a very popular ride and the lines can be very long! Make sure you get your FASTPASS.
This arcade features the most popular coin-operated video games of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Arcade games are coin operated and are not included in the daily admission price.
Get ready for your trip to one of 6 different destinations in this new 3-D version of the classic ride. You'll be traveling to Kashyyyk, Geonosis, Hoth, Naboo, Coruscant or Tatooine, but be careful you don't take an unexpected trip to the Death Star.
The destinations can be combined into more that 50 different story adventures, so you'll never know where your Starspeeder will take you.
Restrictions: Minimum height to ride is 40 inches/102 cm. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride. Video captioning available in selected pre-show portions (see a Cast Member for details.) Guests with back, neck or heart problems, pregnant women, or those affected by motion sickness should not ride.
Tomorrowland Terrace (Counter Service):
Here you can order the best Burgers in the Galaxy, Fried Chicken, tortilla wraps, fries, etc. In the evening, they may have entertainment – groups playing contemporary music.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Scot Bruce Interview
Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port (Cafeteria)
This open food court style restaurant features salads, pasta, pizza and sandwiches as well as children's meals. Favorite fresh Italian-inspired selections are found here. Healthy options and vegetarian menu items are available.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Shopping 201: Fantasyland, Toontown & Tomorrowland
• Autopia Winner’s Circle - Take
home an ‘Autopia’ souvenir
• TomorrowLanding- A wide selection of hats
• Little Green Men Store Command - A must do for Pin Traders
• The Star Trader - ‘Tomorrowland’ souvenirs
- Disneyland's Legends of Frontierland ends 09/27/14 - The interactive Legends of Frontierland ends its run at Disneyland Park on September 27th.
- Mickey's Halloween Party perks for Disneyland Passholders - Disneyland Annual Passholders who are attending Mickey's Halloween Party can stop by the Opera House for screenings of Halloween-themed Disney classics plus a tasty treat.
- Tips for using FastPass at Disneyland - With all the talk of Magic Bands and FastPass+ lately, I thought it might be good to remind folks that the Disneyland Resort is still using the "classic" paper FastPass system and maybe pass on a few tips.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Candy Cane Inn
- Save 20% on premium rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Most weeknights this Fall, save 20% on premium rooms at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - What to Expect at Disney's D23 Destination D Event this November
- Menu updated at Flo's V8 Cafe - Flo's V8 Café at California Adventure has updated its menu, adding a couple of hot sandwiches and replacing the pork loin with BBQ pork ribs.
- Disneyland delays Elsa & Anna's Boutique transformation - The transformation of Downtown Disney's Studio Disney 365 to Elsa & Anna's Boutique has been delayed. The new opening date is 10/06/14.
- Blog - Disney Opposes "Inflammatory" Amended Complaint in DAS Lawsuit
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Legends of Frontierland extended at Disneyland Park - Legends of Frontierland, the interactive experience at Disneyland Park, has been extended past the previously announced September 1st end date.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- Magic Mountain announces Twisted Colossus - Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain announced that they are transforming their classic wooden coaster into a record-breaking wooden/steel hybrid.
- Disneyland adds Frozen pre-parade to Mickey's Halloween Party - The stars of Frozen will appear on their special pre-parade float prior to each Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- New drawbridge for Sleeping Beauty Castle
Sleeping Beauty Castle has received a new drawbridge and railings.
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.