in Disneyland California represents the vision and fantasy of futurists such as H.G.
Wells, Jules Verne and, of course, Walt Disney. Guests can
zoom through Space Mountain, experience 3-D fun in "Captain EO", travel through
the galaxy in Star Tours, drive racecars and enjoy so much more as they experience
This futuristic icon located at the entrance to Tomorrowland provides a sneak peak at what lies ahead. Board your own rocket ship and soar above the stars as you control your flight over Tomorrowland.
Autopia Presented by Chevron (Opened: July 17, 1955. Completely renovated and debuted on June 29, 2000)
Drive your racecar through Autopia on a two mile-long racetrack through Tomorrowland.
Each vehicle is driven along a guided track. You control the speed of the vehicle as you motor your way around the course.
Restrictions: 1-year minimum age to ride (with an adult). 54"/32cm minimum height to drive alone. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this attraction. Expectant mothers should not ride. Inaccessible to strollers.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
(March 2005) FASTPASS Attraction
Get ready to help Buzz Lightyear fight his nemesis, The Evil Emperor Zurg.
Board your Space Cruiser and blast your way through several scenes. Aim your weapon and shoot a beam of light at the alien targets while scoring points. The joystick lets you rotate your cruiser as you compete for the highest score.
Some targets rotate, some spin, some don't move, but all have one thing in common, the center circle that you have to hit in order to rack up more points.
After your adventure, you can email a picture of you with your final score to yourself or a friend. Click Here for a review
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride, Adults should accompany small children.
Originally open from September 1986 through April 1997, Captain EO returns to the Disneyland Resort February 23, 2010. This 3D film features Michael Jackson as Captain EO and his band of misfits Fuzzball, Idee and Odee, Major Domo, Minor Domo and Hooter on a mission to deliver the gift of music to the 'Witch Queen'. Original music and special effects make this George Lucas/Michael Jackson/Disney collaboration a must see!
Travel from Tomorrowland in Disneyland to the Downtown Disney Station, which is accessible to the Disneyland Resort Hotels. (When boarding at the Downtown Disney station, guests must disembark in Tomorrowland.)
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard). May remain in wheelchair/ECV
Disneyland Railroad (Opened: July 17, 1955)
Stops in stations at Main Street, U.S.A., New Orleans Square, Mickey's Toontown, and Tomorrowland. This is one of the park's original 17 attractions. A 1.2 mile old-fashioned narrow-gauge steam train that moves around the Park's perimeter including a trip through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas.
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard).
(Photos) Via a submarine, you visit the underwater world of Nemo and his friends. Using new technology, the cast of 'Finding Nemo' will swim by your porthole in this fun filled attraction.
'Sonar Hydrophones' will allow you to listen to the action as Dory, Marlin and friends go in pursuit of Nemo.
Trivia buffs who remember the original attraction '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' will want to pay close attention to the soundtrack. There are snippets of dialogue from that ride.
While guests with disabilities will not be able to access the submarines, an Observation Outpost will allow them to take part in this exciting attraction.
Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries
Beginning April 13, guests have a chance to see Tony Stark's Hall of Armor, featuring Iron Man suits from the upcoming "Iron Man 3". Plus, through simulation technology, guests will be able to suit-up and see what it would be like to operate the latest pieces of Iron Man armor.
The exhibit is expected to remain through September.
A hands-on look at how creative technical developments improve our lives today and in the future. You are free to explore at your own pace the two levels of interactive "edutainment", including the House of the Future.
Test your Light Saber skills at the ‘Jedi Training Academy’ located at the Tomorrowland Terrace (check daily schedule for times) Here, your little Jedis will train alongside ‘official’ Jedis to learn the fine art of light saber fighting. Once your little Jedi graduates, they will be treated to a ‘real’ test of their skills with the likes of Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Please be warned that not everyone will be able to participate, so get here early. The good news is it’s scheduled a few times throughout the day so, if you are not picked, you will be able to try again.
Space Mountain by Federal Express FASTPASS Attraction
(Opened May 4, 1977 (Dedicated on May 27, 1977)
Board your rocket and launch past stars and planets on this classic roller coaster ride in the dark. An onboard sychronized soundtrack increases the excitement.
This is a very popular ride and the lines can be very long! Make sure you get your FASTPASS.
This arcade features the most popular coin-operated video games of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Arcade games are coin operated and are not included in the daily admission price.
Get ready for your trip to one of 6 different destinations in this new 3-D version of the classic ride. You'll be traveling to Kashyyyk, Geonosis, Hoth, Naboo, Coruscant or Tatooine, but be careful you don't take an unexpected trip to the Death Star.
The destinations can be combined into more that 50 different story adventures, so you'll never know where your Starspeeder will take you.
Restrictions: Minimum height to ride is 40 inches/102 cm. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride. Video captioning available in selected pre-show portions (see a Cast Member for details.) Guests with back, neck or heart problems, pregnant women, or those affected by motion sickness should not ride.
Tomorrowland Terrace (Counter Service):
Here you can order the best Burgers in the Galaxy, Fried Chicken, tortilla wraps, fries, etc. In the evening, they may have entertainment – groups playing contemporary music.
Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port (Cafeteria)
This open food court style restaurant features salads, pasta, pizza and sandwiches as well as children's meals. Favorite fresh Italian-inspired selections are found here. Healthy options and vegetarian menu items are available.
• Autopia Winner’s Circle - Take
home an ‘Autopia’ souvenir
• TomorrowLanding- A wide selection of hats
• Little Green Men Store Command - A must do for Pin Traders
• The Star Trader - ‘Tomorrowland’ souvenirs
- VIDEO: Disney Beyond The Parks - Producing the Aulani Live Show - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/beyondtheparks/#hawaii to view the full DIS Unplugged show from Aulani in Hawaii. For the latest updates on our trip to Aulani and Hawaii, visit http://new.livestream.com/TheDIS/aulani Join the DIS Team as we explore Disney beyond the parks, starting with Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii!
- Southern California CityPass price increase June 3rd - Beginning June 3rd, the price for the Southern California CityPass will increase. Adults will be $319, children will be $279. Attractions will remain the same. Passes purchased prior to June 3rd are valid through January 4th.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- HalloweenTime at Disneyland begins September 13! - HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort, including Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, begins September 13, 2013. Mickey's Halloween Party begins September 30, 2013.
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer - Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy - Annual Passholders are invited to learn to draw a classic Disney character and hear behind-the scenes stores from Disney Animator Eric Goldberg. The event will be held at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm in the Disney Animation building at Disney California Adventure. Passholders must register in person the day of the event.
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection - In celebration of the new "Happiest Hipster on Earth" collection, Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery will be hosting a Cocktail Reception featuring an artist signing opportunity with Jerrod Maruyama. Tickets go on sale May 21st.
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely! - The new Disneyland Resort policy requiring a credit card for reservations at Disney owned restaurants that was to go in effect soon has been delayed indefinitely.
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show - Disneyland's Summer Fireworks, Magical, now incorporates the Glow with the Show ears. Also on select days, guests wearing them can access a special viewing area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/ for more information on the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
California agency reduces violations and associated fines that came as a result of April 13th closure of three major attractions.
- Space Mountain reopens at Disneyland
After a safety-related closure, Space Mountain is back open.
- Disney contractor fined by Cal-OSHA
A Disney contractor was fined in relation to the incident in November where a worker fell from the roof of Space Mountain.
- Updated: 3 Major attractions suddenly closed at Disneyland
Several major attractions closed at the Disneyland Resort.
- No more free coffee refills on Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A.
Market House at Disneyland will not offer free coffee refills after it changes into a Starbucks this fall.