in Disneyland California represents the vision and fantasy of futurists such as H.G.
Wells, Jules Verne and, of course, Walt Disney. Guests can
zoom through Space Mountain, experience 3-D fun in "Captain EO", travel through
the galaxy in Star Tours, drive racecars and enjoy so much more as they experience
This futuristic icon located at the entrance to Tomorrowland provides a sneak peek at what lies ahead. Board your own rocket ship and soar above the stars as you control your flight over Tomorrowland.
Autopia Presented by Chevron
(Opened: July 17, 1955. Completely renovated and debuted on June 29, 2000)
Drive your racecar through Autopia on a two mile-long racetrack through Tomorrowland.
Each vehicle is driven along a guided track. You control the speed of the vehicle as you motor your way around the course.
Restrictions: 1-year minimum age to ride (with an adult). 54"/32cm minimum height to drive alone. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this attraction. Expectant mothers should not ride. Inaccessible to strollers.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
(March 2005) FASTPASS Attraction
Get ready to help Buzz Lightyear fight his nemesis, The Evil Emperor Zurg.
Board your Space Cruiser and blast your way through several scenes. Aim your weapon and shoot a beam of light at the alien targets while scoring points. The joystick lets you rotate your cruiser as you compete for the highest score.
Some targets rotate, some spin, some don't move, but all have one thing in common, the center circle that you have to hit in order to rack up more points.
After your adventure, you can email a picture of you with your final score to yourself or a friend. Click Here for a review
Restrictions: Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride, Adults should accompany small children.
Originally open from September 1986 through April 1997, Captain EO returns to the Disneyland Resort February 23, 2010. This 3D film features Michael Jackson as Captain EO and his band of misfits Fuzzball, Idee and Odee, Major Domo, Minor Domo and Hooter on a mission to deliver the gift of music to the 'Witch Queen'. Original music and special effects make this George Lucas/Michael Jackson/Disney collaboration a must see!
Travel from Tomorrowland in Disneyland to the Downtown Disney Station, which is accessible to the Disneyland Resort Hotels. (When boarding at the Downtown Disney station, guests must disembark in Tomorrowland.)
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard). May remain in wheelchair/ECV
Disneyland Railroad (Opened: July 17, 1955)
Stops in stations at Main Street, U.S.A., New Orleans Square, Mickey's Toontown, and Tomorrowland. This is one of the park's original 17 attractions. A 1.2 mile old-fashioned narrow-gauge steam train that moves around the Park's perimeter including a trip through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas.
Restrictions: Accessible to collapsible strollers only (Disney rental strollers are not collapsible and cannot be taken aboard).
(Photos) Via a submarine, you visit the underwater world of Nemo and his friends. Using new technology, the cast of 'Finding Nemo' will swim by your porthole in this fun filled attraction.
'Sonar Hydrophones' will allow you to listen to the action as Dory, Marlin and friends go in pursuit of Nemo.
Trivia buffs who remember the original attraction '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' will want to pay close attention to the soundtrack. There are snippets of dialogue from that ride.
While guests with disabilities will not be able to access the submarines, an Observation Outpost will allow them to take part in this exciting attraction.
A hands-on look at how creative technical developments improve our lives today and in the future. You are free to explore at your own pace the two levels of interactive "edutainment", including the House of the Future.
Guests can meet Captain America in a patriotic setting befitting the First Avenger.
Thor: Treasures of Asgard
Guests can visit an exhibit of objects brought to Earth from Asgard. After viewing the exhibit, guests are invited into a chamber where they will be transported to Asgard for an audience with Thor himself.
Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries
Guests have a chance to see Tony Stark's Hall of Armor, featuring Iron Man suits from the upcoming "Iron Man 3". Plus, through simulation technology, guests will be able to suit-up and see what it would be like to operate the latest pieces of Iron Man armor.
Test your Light Saber skills at the ‘Jedi Training Academy’ located at the Tomorrowland Terrace (check daily schedule for times) Here, your little Jedis will train alongside ‘official’ Jedis to learn the fine art of light saber fighting. Once your little Jedi graduates, they will be treated to a ‘real’ test of their skills with the likes of Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Please be warned that not everyone will be able to participate, so get here early. The good news is it’s scheduled a few times throughout the day so, if you are not picked, you will be able to try again.
Space Mountain by Federal Express FASTPASS Attraction
(Opened May 4, 1977 (Dedicated on May 27, 1977)
Board your rocket and launch past stars and planets on this classic roller coaster ride in the dark. An onboard sychronized soundtrack increases the excitement.
This is a very popular ride and the lines can be very long! Make sure you get your FASTPASS.
This arcade features the most popular coin-operated video games of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Arcade games are coin operated and are not included in the daily admission price.
Get ready for your trip to one of 6 different destinations in this new 3-D version of the classic ride. You'll be traveling to Kashyyyk, Geonosis, Hoth, Naboo, Coruscant or Tatooine, but be careful you don't take an unexpected trip to the Death Star.
The destinations can be combined into more that 50 different story adventures, so you'll never know where your Starspeeder will take you.
Restrictions: Minimum height to ride is 40 inches/102 cm. Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to ride. Video captioning available in selected pre-show portions (see a Cast Member for details.) Guests with back, neck or heart problems, pregnant women, or those affected by motion sickness should not ride.
Tomorrowland Terrace (Counter Service):
Here you can order the best Burgers in the Galaxy, Fried Chicken, tortilla wraps, fries, etc. In the evening, they may have entertainment – groups playing contemporary music.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Scot Bruce Interview
Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port (Cafeteria)
This open food court style restaurant features salads, pasta, pizza and sandwiches as well as children's meals. Favorite fresh Italian-inspired selections are found here. Healthy options and vegetarian menu items are available.
DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition Podcast
Shopping 201: Fantasyland, Toontown & Tomorrowland
• Autopia Winner’s Circle - Take
home an ‘Autopia’ souvenir
• TomorrowLanding- A wide selection of hats
• Little Green Men Store Command - A must do for Pin Traders
• The Star Trader - ‘Tomorrowland’ souvenirs
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Fall Discount Offer - Book a 3-night Disneyland Resort Package at a Good Neighbor Hotel for as little as $89 per person per night.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Camelot Inn
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/11/14
- Happy 45th Birthday to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion! - This New Orleans Square attraction opened on August 9, 1969.
- Tickets for Knott's Scary Farm now on sale - Tickets are now on sale for Knott's Berry Farm's annual Halloween Celebration.
- Free Vinylmation with Disneyland Vacation Package - Book a vacation package to the Disneyland Resort this fall and receive a special Vinylmation figure inspired by Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
- D23 announces ticket pricing for D23 Expo 2015 - Tickets go on sale August 14th, 2014 (one year in advance) for the D23 Expo 2015 in Anaheim. Early Bird pricing is good through the end of the year.
- Guardians of the Galaxy print at Disneyland's Pizza Port - Spend $30 or more at Pizza Port and receive an exclusive Guardians of the Galaxy print, while supplies last.
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend adds Pixie Dust Challenge - The Pixie Dust Challenge has been added for runners who take on both the Tinker Bell 10K and the Tinker Bell Half Marathon.
- Save 20% on a room only reservation at Disneyland hotels - Book a premium room at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, Disneyland Hotel or Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and save 20%. Save 15% on a standard room.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party tickets now on sale to the general public. - This event runs September 12-October 31, 2014.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.