Year of a Million Dreams - Disneyland
Shows and Attractions
Jedi Training Academy (Tomorrowland)
Prepare to face Darth Vader after you've mastered your skills under the tutelage of the Jedi Masters. These defenders of the Universe will choose young Padawans to learn the ways of the Force.
Disney Princess Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland)
Disneyland visitors of all ages are invited to join the Disney Princesses for this royal gathering at Fantasyland Theatre which has been transformed into "Disney Princess Fantasy Faire."
High School Musical 2 School's Out (California Adventure Park)
East Side High's Wildcats hit the stage to lead everyone in a spirit filled pep-rally. This fun event at California Adventure will have you cheering and dancing. The finale is the hit song 'We're All in This Together" from Disney Channel's High School Musical.
PIRATES LAIR AT TOM SAWYER ISLAND
Tom Sawyer Island is a haven for Pirates. Among the enhancements is a "Dead Man's Grotto" in the island caverns, a "Pirate's Den" on the Castle Rock as well as Buccaneer touches made to Tom & Huck's Treehouse and Smuggler's Cove.
Visitors can go in search of buried treasure, but beware, there will be live pirates waiting to take your booty away.
Disneyland Extends Operating Hours for Finding Nemo
The queues for this attraction have been extremely lengthy. In response to this, Disney is now allowing guests to join the queue line for this popular attraction until park closing. Those on line at that time can remain while the ride continues operating for an additional two and half hours after the park has closed.
The queue has also been enhanced with the distribution of the "Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage" activity guide. Inside is a list of "Hidden Nemos" and games.
Also featured in the park are Nemo themed snacks for purchase.
This latest attraction to the Disneyland Theme Park finds it's inspiration in Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo" movie. This 'E-ticket' attraction transports guests on an incredibly real underwater adventure. You'll see the adorable Nemo and his friends exactly as they appear in the blockbuster film. Using dazzling new technology and special effects developed Disney's Imagineers, these underwater superstars are seen in an underwater three dimensional setting. By the use of hydrophones, you listen as Marlin, Dory, Crush, Bruce and the rest of the Nemo cast go in pursuit of everyone's favorite clownfish.
OPENING SUMMER 2008--
Toy Story Mania
It's official, "Toy Story Mania" is the newest attraction coming to both Disney World and Disneyland.
Based on Pixar's Toy Story movies, this high tech ride will put guest in the midst of a classic midway game. After putting on your 3-D glasses, you'll "shrink" to toy size and careen your way through the midway.
Armed with your own toy cannon, you'll take aim at the targets at the game booths you encounter along the way. Cheering you on will be Woody, Buzz, Bo Peep, Hamm and the Green Army Men. Find a hidden target and you'll rack up even more points as you compete for the highest score.
What's a midway without a barker, and who better to play the part than Mr. Potato Head? In what's being billed as the next generation of audio animatronic's and "living character" program, Mr. Potato Head will be able to talk to you as you wait in line.
"Toy Story Mania" promises to be a different experience each time you climb aboard and set out on its unpredictable course and is designed to appeal to all ages.
"Toy Story Mania" will be opening in Disney's Hollywood Studios and at Disneyland's Paradise Pier.
- Magical fireworks returns to Disneyland Park on 5/2 - Magical, Disneyland's fireworks show that features an appearance by Dumbo, returns for the summer beginning May 2nd.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover - Knott's Berry Farm has expanded their makeover of Camp Snoopy to include a new Peanuts meet and greet, plus re-theming of Lucy's Tugboat and the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.