Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & SpaOverview
by Regina Hinrichs
“…and that’s where we’re staying on Tuesday.” I heard the words as we drove by but couldn’t believe that I’d be staying at this gorgeous resort. Pinch me!! This is going to be a dream come true. Talk about location! On one side of the Pacific Coast Highway is the ocean, on the other side is the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa.
As incredible as it looks from the road, the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa is doubly spectacular in person. The first thing that you notice is its size. The resort sits on acres of beautifully manicured grounds. The next thing that you notice is how new everything is. This recent addition to the Hyatt chain was carefully planned and includes every modern amenity you can want.
The lobby is an amazing, large, sunny space with ocean views, intricate tile work, oversized floral arrangements and comfy spots where you can sit, relax and people watch. The lobby also serves as a hub for “The Californian” where you can enjoy fine dining, the “Red Chair Lounge” (martini fans, you have got to try their signature cocktail) and the check-in area.
The guestrooms are outstanding. (Warning, this is the kind of room that makes you want to rip out everything you have at home and redecorate.) There’s an entry foyer with a mirror and console table. A great little niche holds a small refrigerator and coffeemaker. Remember when I said that this resort is new? At the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach the placement of the amenities has been carefully planned. It’s all in the details, and this resort has every one covered.
The bathroom didn’t disappoint. Spacious, nicely laid out and the best part, they had a free standing shelf unit perfect for holding all of your toiletries. That left the granite vanity clutter free. The décor is upscale nautical.
Then there’s the pillow top mattress duvet comforter covered bed. Need I say more? This is a bed you sink into and never want to leave. If you can force yourself to get up, you can access the “real world” via the internet.
Almost all of the rooms have views of the ocean. I have to say, the grounds of this resort do rival it. There are fountains, grottos and pools seemingly everywhere. When I was on the balcony, I found myself focusing on the resort rather than the Pacific.
Time for some exploring, and there is a lot to see. First, there’s the lighthouse themed footbridge that crosses over the Pacific Coast Highway. It’s the only bridge over this road and provides easy access to the beach. Did you know that they allow fires on the beach? Did you know that you can get all of the supplies for this, including S’more’s kits, at your resort? Isn’t that the best?!
If you’re like me and prefer freshwater, the Lagoon pool is spectacular. This large, free formed, crystal clear spot is surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrella covered tables. The pool has an underwater sound system and in the summer, you can swim while watching a “Dive In” movie. The Mankato Grill is found here. There’s a great fire pit where you can enjoy your cocktail or snack.
Kids have a ball at Camp Hyatt. Depending on what time of year you visit, you can sign up the little ones for this great program. They’ll take part in fun activities under the watchful eyes of trained counselors. While the children are enjoying crafts and outdoor adventures, the grownups can relax knowing that they’re entertained and cared for.
There’s a retail village where you can buy or rent surfer gear at Toes on the Nose, the Surf City Trading Company where you can find the perfect souvenir, Hula Scoops featuring Lappert’s ice cream, Game Zone arcade and Surf City Grocers which is a combo deli and grocery store. You’ll also find Pete’s Sunset Grill here, named after legendary surfer Pete Mallory. (If you know who this is, dude, you are one dedicated surfer.) Great casual dining spot, very reasonably priced.
Now onto the last part of the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa’s name. The Pacific Waters Spa is spectacular. To enter, you pass over a Koi pond. The spa is 20,000 square feet of serene, upscale, tiled, paneled, spotless luxury. Waterfall showers, steam rooms, private whirlpools, full service salon, private outdoor relaxation area, fitness center, snack bar, it’s all here. The treatment choices seem endless. You owe it to yourself to experience this amazing state of the art spa.
Strolling around further, you’ll find tennis courts, and tucked away in the Palm Grotto are the outdoor hot tubs. There are many spots where you can sit, unwind and simply take in your tropical surroundings. The reflecting fountain and lighthouse fountains are gorgeous. You have to experience the sunsets where Catalina Island is silhouetted in the distance.
They Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa is a “resort” in every sense of the name. Everything that you can possibly need or want on a vacation is right here. You owe it to yourself to experience this new and exciting destination. You’ll create memories that will last a lifetime.
to include 2 or more nights in Huntington Beach!
Click Here for a description of Disney's Southern California Magic Package
- Blog - Preview: “Saving Mr. Banks”
- Special menu items for New Year's Eve at Disneyland - Many of the restaurants of the Disneyland Resort will be offering special menu items for New Year's Eve, including a Seafood Pot Pie at Blue Bayou and Surf & Turf at Carnation Café.
- Jerry Bruckheimer book signing at Disneyland Park - Award-winning producer Jerry Bruckheimer will be appearing for a special signing of "Jerry Bruckheimer: When Lightning Strikes | Four Decades of Filmmaking" by Michael Singer on December 14th.
- Elf Days at California Adventure - Santa's elves are looking for recruits to join their ranks 12/09/13 through 12/15/13. Head to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail where you can test your bravery with the Jingle Bell Bridge, tackle Present Tracking or learn the secret Elf Handshake.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- VIDEO: "In Summer" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "In Summer," sung by Josh Gad from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- VIDEO: "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade at Disneyland - Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
- VIDEO: Santa Talks Holidays at Disneyland Resort 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Santa about all of the holiday happenings at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: Making Tamales at Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, while he learns about Viva Navidad! and how to make tamales from Rubia, a pastry chef at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "Let It Go," sung by broadway star Idina Menzel from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure. "World of Color" is the nighttime colored fountain show at DCA and has been performed since 2010. "Winter Dreams" is the first full show variation.
- VIDEO: World of Color Fountain Controls at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Rene from Disney Parks and Resorts about the technology behind World of Color - Winter Dreams, the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure.
- Donate to Toys For Tots at the Disneyland Resort - Donate a new, unwrapped toy at several locations throughout Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Resort Hotels from 12/1 through 12/14.
- VIDEO: Haunted Mansion Holiday 2013 at Disneyland - Jack Skellington takes over the Haunted Mansion to bring Christmas to Halloweentown in Haunted Mansion Holiday, the seasonal overlay that is celebrating its 13th year at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: World of Color - Winter Dreams - For the Christmas season, Disney California Adventure Park presents 'World of Color - Winter Dreams' a brand new holiday version of World of Color starring Olaf (voiced by Josh Gad), the lovable snowman from Disney's "Frozen," a Toy Story Nutcracker sequence and a special intro featuring the Honor Choir.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- VIDEO: Disneyland's 'Jingle Cruise' Queue and Full POV Ride-Through - The Jungle Cruise Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they've added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they've created themselves). Other changes include new jokes, boat names and music loop in the queue.
- TubaChristmas returns to the Disneyland Resort - Hundreds of tuba players will gather in Downtown Disney to perform holiday music on December 21st at 1:00pm.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- Blog - Trader Sam’s Mixes Up Holiday Drinks
- VIDEO: Olaf's Ice Rink in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort - This year at Downtown Disney, the ice rink created for the holiday season is based off of the 53rd Disney Animated Film "Frozen". Olaf's Ice Rink allows guests to lace up skates and hit the ice, but if you're not adventurous then you can do some shopping at the holiday themed stands.
- VIDEO: Christmas in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure - Seasons Speedings! Cars Land, the popular area at Disney California Adventure based off of the Disney-Pixar film "Cars", has received a holiday overlay making the streets of Radiator Springs merrier than ever.
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- Knott's Berry Farm announces major plans for 2014 - Knott's Berry farm is planning a major refurbishment for the Calico Mine Ride beginning in January, plus new rides and an entire restoration to celebrate Camp Snoopy's 30th Anniversary.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Disneyland announces more lengthy closures for early 2014 - In addition to the 4-month closure for Alice in Wonderland, the Disneyland Resort has also announced a 8-month closure for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and a nearly 4-month closure for Soarin' Over California.
- VIDEO: Toy Story Nutcracker from "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - Toy Story Nutcracker is a special sequence created by Pixar specifically for "World of Color - Winter Dreams", the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure. Your favorite Toy Story characters dance to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite songs including March of the Wooden Soldier, Trepak, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Chinese Dance and Dance of the Flowers.
- Viva Navidad menu takes over Paradise Garden Grill - A special Viva Navidad menu is being served at California Adventure's Paradise Garden Grill, featuring Street Style Tacos, Chicken Mole and Torta al Pastor.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- VIDEO: Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular - For the Christmas season, Disneyland Park presents 'Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular,' a holiday fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle which ends with magical snowfall over Main Street U.S.A.
- Firefighters called for smoke at Disneyland
Smoke was seen coming from a Disneyland storage facility.
- Billy Hill and the Hillbillies leaving Disneyland Park in January
20-year veterans of the park, the group will hold its final performance January 6, 2014.
- Couple gets married on Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean ride
A Disney-loving couple held a secret wedding on Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Disney's Jungle Cruise getting a holiday makeover
The Jungle Cruise at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will be transforming into the "Jingle Cruise" this holiday season.
- The View to broadcast live from Disneyland in November
The show will tape November 18-22.