Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & SpaOverview
by Regina Hinrichs
“…and that’s where we’re staying on Tuesday.” I heard the words as we drove by but couldn’t believe that I’d be staying at this gorgeous resort. Pinch me!! This is going to be a dream come true. Talk about location! On one side of the Pacific Coast Highway is the ocean, on the other side is the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa.
As incredible as it looks from the road, the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa is doubly spectacular in person. The first thing that you notice is its size. The resort sits on acres of beautifully manicured grounds. The next thing that you notice is how new everything is. This recent addition to the Hyatt chain was carefully planned and includes every modern amenity you can want.
The lobby is an amazing, large, sunny space with ocean views, intricate tile work, oversized floral arrangements and comfy spots where you can sit, relax and people watch. The lobby also serves as a hub for “The Californian” where you can enjoy fine dining, the “Red Chair Lounge” (martini fans, you have got to try their signature cocktail) and the check-in area.
The guestrooms are outstanding. (Warning, this is the kind of room that makes you want to rip out everything you have at home and redecorate.) There’s an entry foyer with a mirror and console table. A great little niche holds a small refrigerator and coffeemaker. Remember when I said that this resort is new? At the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach the placement of the amenities has been carefully planned. It’s all in the details, and this resort has every one covered.
The bathroom didn’t disappoint. Spacious, nicely laid out and the best part, they had a free standing shelf unit perfect for holding all of your toiletries. That left the granite vanity clutter free. The décor is upscale nautical.
Then there’s the pillow top mattress duvet comforter covered bed. Need I say more? This is a bed you sink into and never want to leave. If you can force yourself to get up, you can access the “real world” via the internet.
Almost all of the rooms have views of the ocean. I have to say, the grounds of this resort do rival it. There are fountains, grottos and pools seemingly everywhere. When I was on the balcony, I found myself focusing on the resort rather than the Pacific.
Time for some exploring, and there is a lot to see. First, there’s the lighthouse themed footbridge that crosses over the Pacific Coast Highway. It’s the only bridge over this road and provides easy access to the beach. Did you know that they allow fires on the beach? Did you know that you can get all of the supplies for this, including S’more’s kits, at your resort? Isn’t that the best?!
If you’re like me and prefer freshwater, the Lagoon pool is spectacular. This large, free formed, crystal clear spot is surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrella covered tables. The pool has an underwater sound system and in the summer, you can swim while watching a “Dive In” movie. The Mankato Grill is found here. There’s a great fire pit where you can enjoy your cocktail or snack.
Kids have a ball at Camp Hyatt. Depending on what time of year you visit, you can sign up the little ones for this great program. They’ll take part in fun activities under the watchful eyes of trained counselors. While the children are enjoying crafts and outdoor adventures, the grownups can relax knowing that they’re entertained and cared for.
There’s a retail village where you can buy or rent surfer gear at Toes on the Nose, the Surf City Trading Company where you can find the perfect souvenir, Hula Scoops featuring Lappert’s ice cream, Game Zone arcade and Surf City Grocers which is a combo deli and grocery store. You’ll also find Pete’s Sunset Grill here, named after legendary surfer Pete Mallory. (If you know who this is, dude, you are one dedicated surfer.) Great casual dining spot, very reasonably priced.
Now onto the last part of the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa’s name. The Pacific Waters Spa is spectacular. To enter, you pass over a Koi pond. The spa is 20,000 square feet of serene, upscale, tiled, paneled, spotless luxury. Waterfall showers, steam rooms, private whirlpools, full service salon, private outdoor relaxation area, fitness center, snack bar, it’s all here. The treatment choices seem endless. You owe it to yourself to experience this amazing state of the art spa.
Strolling around further, you’ll find tennis courts, and tucked away in the Palm Grotto are the outdoor hot tubs. There are many spots where you can sit, unwind and simply take in your tropical surroundings. The reflecting fountain and lighthouse fountains are gorgeous. You have to experience the sunsets where Catalina Island is silhouetted in the distance.
They Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa is a “resort” in every sense of the name. Everything that you can possibly need or want on a vacation is right here. You owe it to yourself to experience this new and exciting destination. You’ll create memories that will last a lifetime.
to include 2 or more nights in Huntington Beach!
Click Here for a description of Disney's Southern California Magic Package
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Legends of Frontierland extended at Disneyland Park - Legends of Frontierland, the interactive experience at Disneyland Park, has been extended past the previously announced September 1st end date.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- Magic Mountain announces Twisted Colossus - Southern California's Six Flags Magic Mountain announced that they are transforming their classic wooden coaster into a record-breaking wooden/steel hybrid.
- Disneyland adds Frozen pre-parade to Mickey's Halloween Party - The stars of Frozen will appear on their special pre-parade float prior to each Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Cortona Inn & Suites
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/25/14
- Mickey's Halloween Party tickets sold out for 10/03/14 - Tickets for the 10/03/14 date for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland are sold out. Other dates are still available.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Blog - New Tour Review: The Disney California Story
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- Elsa & Anna's Boutique coming to Disneyland - Studio Disney 365 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will be closing August 25th to make way for Elsa & Anna's Boutique.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 08/18/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.