Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & SpaOverview
by Regina Hinrichs
“…and that’s where we’re staying on Tuesday.” I heard the words as we drove by but couldn’t believe that I’d be staying at this gorgeous resort. Pinch me!! This is going to be a dream come true. Talk about location! On one side of the Pacific Coast Highway is the ocean, on the other side is the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa.
As incredible as it looks from the road, the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa is doubly spectacular in person. The first thing that you notice is its size. The resort sits on acres of beautifully manicured grounds. The next thing that you notice is how new everything is. This recent addition to the Hyatt chain was carefully planned and includes every modern amenity you can want.
The lobby is an amazing, large, sunny space with ocean views, intricate tile work, oversized floral arrangements and comfy spots where you can sit, relax and people watch. The lobby also serves as a hub for “The Californian” where you can enjoy fine dining, the “Red Chair Lounge” (martini fans, you have got to try their signature cocktail) and the check-in area.
The guestrooms are outstanding. (Warning, this is the kind of room that makes you want to rip out everything you have at home and redecorate.) There’s an entry foyer with a mirror and console table. A great little niche holds a small refrigerator and coffeemaker. Remember when I said that this resort is new? At the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach the placement of the amenities has been carefully planned. It’s all in the details, and this resort has every one covered.
The bathroom didn’t disappoint. Spacious, nicely laid out and the best part, they had a free standing shelf unit perfect for holding all of your toiletries. That left the granite vanity clutter free. The décor is upscale nautical.
Then there’s the pillow top mattress duvet comforter covered bed. Need I say more? This is a bed you sink into and never want to leave. If you can force yourself to get up, you can access the “real world” via the internet.
Almost all of the rooms have views of the ocean. I have to say, the grounds of this resort do rival it. There are fountains, grottos and pools seemingly everywhere. When I was on the balcony, I found myself focusing on the resort rather than the Pacific.
Time for some exploring, and there is a lot to see. First, there’s the lighthouse themed footbridge that crosses over the Pacific Coast Highway. It’s the only bridge over this road and provides easy access to the beach. Did you know that they allow fires on the beach? Did you know that you can get all of the supplies for this, including S’more’s kits, at your resort? Isn’t that the best?!
If you’re like me and prefer freshwater, the Lagoon pool is spectacular. This large, free formed, crystal clear spot is surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrella covered tables. The pool has an underwater sound system and in the summer, you can swim while watching a “Dive In” movie. The Mankato Grill is found here. There’s a great fire pit where you can enjoy your cocktail or snack.
Kids have a ball at Camp Hyatt. Depending on what time of year you visit, you can sign up the little ones for this great program. They’ll take part in fun activities under the watchful eyes of trained counselors. While the children are enjoying crafts and outdoor adventures, the grownups can relax knowing that they’re entertained and cared for.
There’s a retail village where you can buy or rent surfer gear at Toes on the Nose, the Surf City Trading Company where you can find the perfect souvenir, Hula Scoops featuring Lappert’s ice cream, Game Zone arcade and Surf City Grocers which is a combo deli and grocery store. You’ll also find Pete’s Sunset Grill here, named after legendary surfer Pete Mallory. (If you know who this is, dude, you are one dedicated surfer.) Great casual dining spot, very reasonably priced.
Now onto the last part of the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa’s name. The Pacific Waters Spa is spectacular. To enter, you pass over a Koi pond. The spa is 20,000 square feet of serene, upscale, tiled, paneled, spotless luxury. Waterfall showers, steam rooms, private whirlpools, full service salon, private outdoor relaxation area, fitness center, snack bar, it’s all here. The treatment choices seem endless. You owe it to yourself to experience this amazing state of the art spa.
Strolling around further, you’ll find tennis courts, and tucked away in the Palm Grotto are the outdoor hot tubs. There are many spots where you can sit, unwind and simply take in your tropical surroundings. The reflecting fountain and lighthouse fountains are gorgeous. You have to experience the sunsets where Catalina Island is silhouetted in the distance.
They Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa is a “resort” in every sense of the name. Everything that you can possibly need or want on a vacation is right here. You owe it to yourself to experience this new and exciting destination. You’ll create memories that will last a lifetime.
to include 2 or more nights in Huntington Beach!
Click Here for a description of Disney's Southern California Magic Package
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Discount is available most nights 4/6 - 6/15/15.
- Mad T Party at California Adventure ends November 30th - Mad T Party will have its final performance on 11/30/14. No word yet on what will replace it.
- Top 5(+) things that are better at Walt Disney World than at Disneyland - Bigger may not always be better, but isn't always worse either. I can't resist countering with an article that lists, in my view, the things that are better at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - Disneyland Area Hotel Review - Hyatt Place
- Blog - Jingle Cruise: a Better and Funnier Voyage in 2014
- Blog - Disney's Second Try at World of Color: Winter Dreams feels more Disney
- Blog - The Wreaths of Disneyland's Small World Holiday
- Top 5 things that are better at Disneyland than at Walt Disney World - Bigger isn't always better and while Walt Disney's original theme park is smaller, it still has the advantage over its East-coast counterpart in a few key areas.
- My favorite bathrooms in California Adventure - Being a newer park, the facilities are better thought out and larger. Still, you do have options..... Let's take a look at the bathrooms of DCA.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/10/14
- Free breakfast offer for length of stay at Aulani - This offer must be booked by December 18.
- Blog - Frozen Ice Palace Debuts at Malls Across the Country
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Courtyard - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Aulani plans Thanksgiving feast - Celebrate the holiday in the Kaiona Ballroom. The menu will include traditional Thanksgiving favorites with an island twist.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Disneyland Park Hub - "Partners" Statue
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Haunted Mansion Queue - Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 11/03/14
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Fantasy Faire Path - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sleeping Beauty Castle Bridge - Sleeping Beauty Castle
- VIDEO: Conjure A Villain at Disneyland Park - During Halloween Time at Disneyland Park, you can conjure a villain to meet back in the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch. You never know what villain you are going to get!
- VIDEO: Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade 2014 - Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade is the special parade that takes place during Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park.
- VIDEO: Cadaver Dans sing "Headless Horseman" on the Rivers of America - During Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park, the Dapper Dans transform into the Cadaver Dans and move their act from Main Street USA to the Rivers of America to perform some Halloween-themed numbers including this version of "Headless Horseman" from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" animated Disney film.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - New Orleans Square - Rivers of America - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at New Orleans Square - Rivers of America
- Blog - Mickey's Halloween Party vs. Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- My favorite bathrooms in Disneyland Park - What makes a good bathroom? Is it clean? Is it busy? How big is it? How crowded is it?
- VIDEO: 2014 Mickey's Halloween Party Overview - Mickey's Halloween Party is the yearly event that brings the spookiest holiday of them all to Disneyland Park.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
- Schedule for handmade candy canes at Disneyland
Candy cane-making season begins November 28.