Other Area Attractions Near Disneyland
Knotts Berry Farm
Located just 10 minutes from Disneyland is another Southern California attraction your family is sure to enjoy. Plan a day visiting the unique shops, take the little ones to ‘Camp Snoopy’ for a day of thrills on one of the many roller coasters. Don’t miss dinner at the famous ‘Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner’. www.knotts.com
Explore the magic of ‘Hollywood’ past, present and future. Universal Studios Hollywood has something for everyone. You'll find yourself immersed in Hollywood of the past, present and future. For the little ones, Nickelodeon Live and Animal Planet will bring their favorite shows and characters to life. Thrill seekers will love Revenge of the Mummy, Fear Factor Live and Jurassic Park.
Take the 5 Golden State Freeway North. Exit to the 101 Hollywood Freeway North. Continue on the 101 Freeway and exit at Universal Studios Blvd. Turn right on to Universal Studios Blvd. and follow the signs to Universal Studios and our parking areas.
Considered one of the world's best marine parks, this sprawling San Diego park is one of the area's most popular. Part state of the art aquarium, part amusement park, Sea World has it all. There's the unforgettable "Believe" show starring Shamu, Shipwreck Rapids and there's even a Haunted Lighthouse inspired by the works of R.L. Stine. In the spring of 2008, Sesame Street arrives. This new area will feature a Sesame Street character buffet breakfast, the 4-D movie "Lights, Camera, Imagination" and a fun Sesame Street Bay of Play area. Sea World
Legoland has quickly become one of the hottest destinations in California. There's fun for the entire family with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. Everyone will have a great time, whether it's taking on hilarious challenges in the Fun Town Fire Academy fire truck race, experiencing the excitement of Coastersaurus or digging for fossils at Dino Island. LEGOLAND has action-packed live shows as well as a wonderful choice of restaurants.
Discover why this Grande Dame of the seas is still setting the standard for luxury. You can explore this magnificent ship and be transported back in time as you imagine sailing on this elite vessel.
Take the 405 Freeway north to the 710 Freeway south
San Diego Zoo
The San Diego Zoo is one of very few that has achieved world-wide fame. You'll discover why this zoo is considered to be among the very best while you explore this 100 acre wonder. With over 3,800 animals representing 800 species and 6,500 varieties of plants, the San Diego Zoo is a "must see."
From Interstate 5 (Los Angeles and Orange County), take the Pershing Drive exit and follow the signs. Exit at Park Blvd. Turn left on Park Blvd. and head north; Zoo entrance is off Park Blvd. at Zoo Place.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
No detail was spared when creating the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It's the perfect accompaniment to a visit to the San Diego Zoo. You'll find yourself in the midst of wild animals that live together as they might in their natural habitats.
From Interstate 5 (Orange County, Los Angeles), take the State Route 78 East exit at Oceanside, proceed east to Interstate 15 South, exit at Via Rancho Parkway and follow the signs to the Park. www.sandiegozoo.com/wap/visitor_info.html
Another world awaits you just a 13-minute boat ride from the coast of Southern California. From a lazy day on the beach, shopping in the quaint shops to simply exploring "the island of romance", Catalina Island is a nice get-a way from the hectic pace of Southern California.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover - Knott's Berry Farm has expanded their makeover of Camp Snoopy to include a new Peanuts meet and greet, plus re-theming of Lucy's Tugboat and the Grand Sierra Scenic Railway.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina - Downtown Disney will come alive with the music of the Mariachi Divas and several other popular Latin acts April 5th and 6th.
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring - Save up to 20% most Sunday through Thursday nights this Spring at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom - Knott's Berry Bloom returns to Knott's Berry Farm beginning April 12th. New this year is the Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival and the nighttime dance party, Bloomination.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects - After a 14-month long refurbishment, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is open and better than ever before. The track has been replaced along with audio and lighting effects and some brand new special effects have been included in the first cave scene and the final lift.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim - The D23 Expo returns to the Anaheim Convention Center August 14 - 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale 08/14/14.
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
Eight restaurants at the Disneyland Resort received awards.
- Smell of paint makes 4 Disneyland employees feel sick
Anaheim Fire and Rescue responded to the incident.
- 5.1 earthquake felt at Disneyland
The rides were closed for a brief period of time.
- Disneyland hotels honored for environmental efforts
The environmentalist certification was given by the California Green Lodging program.
- Bob Iger says Disneyland's Finding Nemo Submarines will not be replaced
Iger says changes are coming to Disneyland, but the submarines will stay put.