Southern California offers a variety of Airport options that are close to Disneyland and other Southern California attractions. For the budget minded, LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) typically offers the lowest fares however there is a lot to be said for the convenience of flying into Santa Ana (John Wayne Airport). Whichever you chose Disneyland it less than an hour away (unless you encounter a notorious LA traffic jam).
- Burbank "Bob Hope" Airport (BUR)
The airport is the closest to Hollywood, the Valley and downtown L.A.
2627 N. Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
Near N. Hollywood and Thorton
Web Site http://www.burbankairport.com
Car rental counters are located in Terminal B. Shuttles and cabs are available curbside in front of the terminal.
Transportation example: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $66 for the first passenger, $9 for each additional passenger.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
18601 Airport Way
Costa Mesa, CA 92707
Near MacArthur and 405 FWY.
Web site http://www.ocair.com/
Shuttles, Airport Bus, taxis, & rental cars-follow signs to the "Ground Transportation" located between the two terminals.
Transportation examples: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $10 per passenger. Disneyland Resort Express (by GrayLine) is $17 per passenger one-way or $27 round trip.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
4100 E. Donald Douglas Drive
Long Beach, CA 90808
Located Near Lakewood Blvd. and Donald Douglas Dr.
Web site: http://www.lgb.org/
The Airport Ground Transportation Center is located directly across from the terminal building.
Transportation example: SuperShuttle to the Disneyland Hotel is $35 for the first passenger, $9 for each additional passenger.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
1 World Way
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Located Near Sepulveda Blvd. and Century Blvd.
Web Site: http://www.lawa.org/lax/laxframe.html
Ground transportation options at LAX, include rental cars, taxis, long-distance vans, door-to-door shuttle vans, direct-to-airport buses, public buses, the Metro Rail Green Line (light rail), and the Van Nuys FlyAway Bus.
Rental cars: Car rental agency desks are located
in the Baggage Claim area.
Taxicabs: Located at curb outside
Airport Shuttles/Airport Bus: Exit Baggage Claim to curb street exit. Once outside locate the Red sign for Shared Ride Shuttles (Supershuttle, LAXpress, Primetime, or the Green sign for Buses and Long Distance Vans, Airport Bus.
SuperShuttle - $16pp one way / $30pp round trip
Disneyland Resort Express (by GrayLine) - $22 adult, $19 child / round trip $32 adult, $25 child
Board outbound scheduled buses, shared ride and long distance vans, taxis, and hotel and rental car courtesy vans on the Lower/Arrival Level islands outside baggage claim in front of each terminal under the sign designating the particular transportation desired: Buses & Long Distance Vans, Shared Ride Vans, LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections, Rental Car Shuttles, Taxis, and Hotel & Parking Lot Shuttles (for privately operated parking lots).
Free shuttle service to the Metro Rail Green Line Aviation Station is available by waiting under the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections blue sign, and board the "G" Shuttle.
To reach a car parked in one of LAX's economy-rate perimeter parking lots (B and C), wait on the Lower/Arrival Level outside baggage claim under the blue sign LAX Shuttle and Airline Connection for either the "B" Shuttle or the "C" Shuttle. The shuttle buses run on a schedule every 12- to 15-minute. "C" Shuttle is used to get to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Bus Center, where you can board city buses serving the Los Angeles area. Information on city bus services is available by using the telephone on the Information Display Board in the baggage claim area in each terminal.
Taxis can be found curbside on the Lower level near baggage claim at the Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the yellow sign indicating Taxis. You will be presented a ticket stating typical fares to major destinations in the L.A. area. Only authorized taxis with an official seal issued by City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation on each vehicle are permitted in the airport.
There are 40 rental car companies that operate out of LAX, with vehicle rental sites located off the airport. Rental car companies provide phone links inside the Lower/Arrival Level area near baggage claim to request a shuttle pick up to reach the rental car sites.
Listed below are rental car companies that are permitted to pick-up and drop-off directly from the airline terminals using courtesy shuttles.
Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, Fox/Payless, National, Thrifty
The above companies meet arriving customers
under the purple sign "Rental Car Shuttles" on
the Lower/Arrival level islands outside
Customers of other rental car companies must contact their rental car companies of choice using the Ground Transportation boards telephone located in the baggage claim areas of each terminal to arrange for pick-up.
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
2900 E Airport Drive
Ontario, CA 91761
Near Archibald Ave. and East Airport Dr.
Web Site: http://www.lawa.org/ont/ontframe.html
Taxi service is located at the curbs outside of baggage claim.
- San Diego International Airport "Lindbergh Field" (SAN)
3665 N. Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Near Harbor Dr. and Hawthorne St.
For Car Rentals, use the courtesy phones near baggage claim.
- Starbucks at Disneyland's Downtown Disney opens March 10th - A Starbucks Coffee in Disneyland's Downtown Disney will open March 10th near the World of Disney store.
- Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to reopen March 17th - Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will reopen to regular guests on March 17th after a 14-month refurbishment. Annual Passholders can experience the attraction beginning March 13th.
- Blog - Good Neighbor Hotel - Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
- Jeff Granito is WonderGround's Artist in Residence for March - Local Southern California artist Jeff Granito will be appearing at the WonderGround Gallery at the Disneyland Resort on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout March.
- Brunch options for Mother's Day at Disneyland - The brunch previously held at the Disneyland Hotel has been discontinued, but Storytellers Café and PCH Grill will still host brunches. Make reservations beginning March 12th.
- RunDisney announces Avengers Marathon at Disneyland - This new race weekend takes place 11/14/14-11/16/14 and will feature a half marathon, 5K and kids races. Registration opens March 25.
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
The event will be held May 23 and 24, 2014.
- runDisney announces Avengers Half Marathon for Disneyland
Registration opens March 25.
- Disney's first quarter earnings report shows 33% profit increase
Disney showed increases in all divisions of the company.
- Eight Disney hotels honored by U.S. News & World Report
Several Disney hotels were named the best in their markets.
- Popular Disneyland act moves to Knott's Berry Farm
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies move to Knott's Berry Farm.