The forums are a part of Pete Werner's Unofficial Online Guide to Disney World (http://www.wdwinfo.com), also known as "The DIS". The site is owned and operated by Werner Technologies, LLC., and has no affiliations with the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries.
The DIS is designed is to give Disney fans a place to share their experiences with each other, and to assist each other in planning Disney vacations. We welcome visitors of all ages and it is our number one goal to keep the DIS friendly, fun and informative. With this in mind, we have created guidelines that will keep the DIS a site that anyone can enjoy whether they're a child or "child at heart."
The following guidelines/rules are in effect for our message boards:
For sale ads are strictly prohibited on any of the DISboards. Anyone posting such ads will have their post deleted. This same policy applies to links to your ebay/auction listings . "For sale" posts includes requests for donations (see below). In addition, "Vote for me" posts are not permitted on the DIS. This includes requests for support in an online contest, sweepstakes, lottery or other event designed to yield personal gain.
Simply put, don't use swear words and don't post or link to suggestive or inappropriate photos. The boards are equipped with censoring software. If you try to use a profanity, it will be filtered and appear as all asterisks. Please don't get creative in an attempt to bypass the filters. This is considered the same as using the word itself and will result in an infraction. If you post or link to pornography, you'll be banned from our site.
From time to time our members ask to post information about a fund raiser or other support event for charity. If you are participating in or wish to promote a charitable event, please email the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission first. We only allow posts that are in support of registered non-profit organizations and donations must be made directly to the organization in question via the internet. No requests for cash, money orders, checks or items to an individual, or personal address will be permitted. All such requests must be approved by the webmaster PRIOR to being posted. We're sorry, but requests for school/sports fund raisers are not permitted.
While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction
Because of the large number of complaints of personal attacks related to these subjects and inability for many people to keep a civilized conversation when discussing these hot-button topics, politics and religion will no longer be appropriate topics on our forums. Political or religion based posts or threads will be removed, and repeated violations of this rule can result in an infraction.
The types of posts that we like to see on the DIS are those that everyone can participate in and benefit from. When a post is intended for an individual, it creates a problem and can be very awkward for both the person you're publicly contacting as well as others. Did you know that you can easily get in touch with almost anyone via the DIS Private Message system? Simply click on the name of the person and you should see a link for sending them a private message and/or email. If you come across a situation where the person has blocked these options, we're sorry, but you still can't use the boards to get in touch.
The advertisers/sponsors who you see on the DIS are carefully chosen. While we welcome discussion of them as well as other businesses that you have information or questions about, if it's determined that you are using the DIS to promote a commercial venture, you will lose your posting privileges. This includes choosing a username/signature that refers to your business. In addition, links to the company's website will be blocked. Also note that we do not want the boards to be used for solicitations or for requesting referrals. Requests for advertising can be directed to Corey@wdwinfo.com for consideration.
Each of the DIS boards focuses on a specific topic. Please look the choices over before posting on the wrong board. For instance, you don't want to ask about park hours on the Restaurants Board or tell everyone about your stay at the
The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.
You are welcome to link to your web site on our boards provided that a) you are not promoting a commercial service or for-profit venture, b) you don't post primarily to promote your site and c) that you place one of these images on the home page of your web site. Before posting a link to another site, we ask that you please first check to see if the same information is available on www.wdwinfo.com.
Links in your signature to other websites must be in plain text, as in this example: (www.myexample.com). Any bolding or embellishment will be considered advertising, and is not permitted. For more information on advertising in the signature area click here.
As mentioned above, the DIS is all about planning a Disney vacation. On occasion, Disney does release discounts which usually can be obtained via a code. This information will be available in our Discounts section. However, Disney also sends mailings to specific individuals/target groups which contain a discount that can only be obtained with a PIN (personal identification number.) If you receive one of these offers, please do not share your PIN/Code on the DIS for others to use. We respect the fact that these offers are not for the general public and will remove any posts that include this information. Understand that this action is for your protection. For example, say you use Mrs. Smith's code. When you check in and are asked to produce proof that you are Mrs. Smith and cannot do so, you will be charged the full rate.
- Your signature will be limited in length. Our forum software will do this automatically and anything over the allowed length will be cut off.
- You will be limited to a total of 25 images and "smilies". The forum software will handle this automatically.
- All content and links must meet DIS board posting guidelines. Signatures have the same content rules as any post on the boards.
- We reserve the right to remove or modify signatures that cause issues with the boards or slow page loading. Please make sure any images in your signature are hosted on a reliable site. Any signature that contains malicious or harmful code will be removed immediately and the poster
- You may include your eBay or Etsy username in your signature, in plain text, as in this example: (eBay: myeBayname etsy: myetsyname)
Any bolding, linking or additional description or embellishment will be considered advertising, and is not permitted.
If you have any questions or need help please visit our Tech Support Board
The DIS guidelines are an important part in keeping the site family friendly. While the majority of our visitors abide by our rules, there are times when problems develop. In order to handle these issues consistently and fairly, we have developed an infraction system.
As you can see, the infractions have different point values. The majority of offenses will result in a warning via private message accompanied by infraction points which will expire according to schedule. Providing that you do not accumulate more points during that time, no further action should be needed. The more serious violations will result in additional penalties or an immediate banning.
If you do incur an infraction, you will be notified. If you wish to question or appeal this decision, please keep in mind that your correspondence is subject to the same regulations. At any time you may contact the board administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be times where a situation develops that is not covered in our infraction system. For those cases we reserve the right to take whatever action is needed in order to ensure that our guidelines are followed.
Argumentative Sarcastic Posts
|Unapproved Advertisement||20||15 Day(s)|
|Minor Personal Attack||20||15 Day(s)|
|Political/Religious Comment||20||15 Day(s)|
|Inappropriate Link||30||30 Day(s)|
|Filter Violation||30||30 Day(s)|
|Restarting a closed thread||30||30 Day(s)|
|Major Personal Attack||40||30 Day(s)|
|Attack on a moderator||60||30 Day(s)|
|Registered to Spam||100||Never|
|Posting under another user name while banned||100||Never|
The DIS is a privately owned web site and we reserve the right to restrict any outside commercial ventures at our discretion. We will not discuss the reasons behind why specific websites are filtered and any discussion regarding the word filter may be deleted. If you have questions or comments about this or any other DISboards policy, you can address with the webmasters at email@example.com.
We do not believe in censorship, and open discussions about various issues is encouraged. When participating in a thread, we ask that everyone be treated with respect and that our guidelines be followed. If we find that an individual is disruptive and is unable to follow our rules, he/she will be barred from participating on our site.
If you have questions or issues regarding our policies, please feel free to direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show
- Discounted tickets to Blue Man Group available to Florida teachers
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard
- Little River Band and Toad the Wet Sprocket will play Velvet Sessions this summer
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends
- Wantilan Luau to be held on Tuesdays and Saturdays for the summer
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public!
- Free Dining offer available for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates!
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely!
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders!
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program
- Mother's Day brunches planned at Universal Orlando resorts
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess
- Performers announced for Universal's Summer Concert Series
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel
- Transformers to open June 20 at Universal Studios!
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
- Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion
- Universal plans stilt walking demonstration at Orange County History Center
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience returns to Disney's Star Wars Weekends