Holiday Highlights around Walt Disney World
November - December 2014
- Disney World Theme Parks Events
- Magic Kingdom: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Epcot: Candlelight Processional
- Hollywood Studios: The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- Animal Kingdom: Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
- Downtown Disney
- Religious Services
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Fort Wilderness Sleigh Rides
- Swan/Dolphin Holiday Events
- New Year's Eve
- ICE! at Gaylord Palms
Christmas Day parade taping - December 6 and 7, 2013
The parade that airs Christmas morning on ABC is filmed at the Magic Kingdom. Park guests can attend the taping with their regular park tickets. No special tickets will be needed.
A few things to keep in mind:
The parade taping involves long waits. The floats are frequently stopped and restarted and performers often repeat their routines while proper camera placement is being worked out. It can end up being a long day if you decide to attend this taping. If you're in the park on parade taping day, it can be a great day to head to the attractions instead, because so many people will be on Main Street.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - 11/7/14 - 12/19/14
What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
The spectacular tree seems to touch the sky. With delightful oversized toys displayed at it's base, it's an amazing sight. What's that? Is there a hint of gingerbread and cinnamon in the air? No detail is too small when Disney magic is being made. More Info...
A Frozen Holiday Wish (replaces Cinderella's Holiday Wish Stage Show) - begins 11/5/14
"A Frozen Holiday Wish" show will take place daily in front of the castle. Anna and Elsa can be seen in the show and Queen Elsa's ice powers will transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace. To create the effect, 200,000 twinkling lights draped on the towers and turrets.
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade will feature costumes and floats themed to Family and Friends: A Winter Wonderland, Christmas Sweets, A North Pole Christmastime with Mr. and Mrs. Claus and Fairytale Christmastime.
This parade runs twice nightly at 8:15 pm and 10:30 pm. It is often easier to get a seat for the second parade.
MEET SANTA CLAUS
Santa Claus will be meeting and greeting Magic Kingdom guests from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm at the Tour Guide Gardens next to City Hall.
You can also visit Santa during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party until he's needed for his very important role in the parade.
November 29 - December 29, 2013
Specialty Food and Drinks offered for the Holidays
New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink. The list includes:
- Savory Seasonal Waffles - Turkey waffle (stuffing batter, turkey, gravy and cranberry relish) - $6.39; Sweet Potato Casserole waffle (sweet potato batter, toasted pecans, marshmallows and caramel sauce) - $5.99
- Hot Holiday Twinings Teas - Chai, Pumpkin Spice Chai, Christmas, Pure Mint Tea with Chocolate
- Flavored Hot Chocolates - Toasted Marshmallow, Hazelnut, Traditional, Spiced Cided with Frangelico Liqueur
- Popcorn cart - Pecan Maple Bark
- Beer cart - Hot Applejack Cider
- Patisserie - Buche de Noel au Chocolat (Chocolate Christmas Log)
- L'Artisan Glaces - Gingerbread ice cream, Croque glace (ice cream sandwich made on a brioche rolls and served with chocolate or raspberry sauce - sandwich is hot pressed, but the ice cream doesn't melt) - $6.10
- Kabuki Cafe - Teriyaki Chicken Karage
- Gingerbread men, chocolate chunk cookies, sugar cookies, hot chocolate, apple cider, peppermint bark, sparkling wines, Cocoa Candy Cane (hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps topped with whipped cream)
- Hot chocolate with Caffe Espresso Liqueur
- Sommerfest - Hot spiced wine, holiday fruit cake
- Christkindlmarkt - Werther's Original Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee, Werther's Original Hot Salted Caramel drink
- Joy of Tea - Happy Face Fried Cake
- Kringla Bakeri - Traditional Rice Cream
- La Cantina de San Angel - Sweet Tamales
One of the really special things about celebrating the holiday season in Epcot is learning about the holiday traditions of all the different countries. Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland. It's a unique opportunity to learn more about the world in which we live. Check the times guide for storytellers' schedules.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus - November 29-December 24 - 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, 7:30pm
- Hanukkah - 11:30am, 12:15, 1:15, 1:45, 2:45, 3:15, 4:15, 4:45pm
- Kwanzaa - 11:15, 11:45am, 12:30, 1:00, 2:00, 2:30, 3:30, 4:00pm
- Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers - 11:45am, 12:30, 1:15, 2:00, 2:45, 3:30, 4:15pm
Canada: NEW! - Follow the members of Off Kilter as they become Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs. - 12:40, 1:40, 2:40, 3:40, 4:40, 6:00pm
China: The Monkey King will tell of celebrating Chinese New Year - 12:10, 12:45, 1:30, 2:15, 3:20, 4:50, 5:50pm
France: Pere Noel - 11:20, 11:55am, 12:30, 1:15, 2:05, 3:30, 4:20, 5:05pm
Germany: Helga reveals the story of the first Christmas tree and her first nutcracker - 11:55am, 12:50, 1:25, 2:00, 2:55, 3:50, 4:45, 5:55pm
Italy: (VIDEO) La Befana, Italy's good Christmas witch, celebrated her first Christmas 2,000 years ago - 11:55am, 12:50, 1:25, 2:00, 2:55, 3:50, 4:45, 5:55pm
Japan: Daruma doll and the Japanese New Year - 12:10, 12:50, 1:35, 2:20, 2:55, 3:45, 4:45, 5:55pm
Mexico: (VIDEO) The journey of the Los Tres Reyes Magos (The Three Kings) to the Posada - 1:45, 2:35, 3:20, 4:05, 5:40, 6:30, 7:30pm
Morocco: Drummer Taarji tells the customs of Ramadan and Ashura- 2:15, 3:00, 4:35, 5:40, 6:20, 7:35pm
Norway: Sigrid will tell the story of Julenissen, the trouble-making Christmas Gnome - 3:10, 3:50, 4:30, 5:10, 5:50, 6:35, 7:15, 7:55pm
United Kingdom: (VIDEO) Father Christmas - 2:45, 3:45, 4:30, 5:30, 6:10, 6:45, 7:30, 8:30pm
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is enhanced for the Holidays with an additional special Peace on Earth holiday ending. - 9:30pm November 29-December 25, 10:00pm December 26-30.
JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season featuring D'Vine Voices daily at the Fountain Stage - 1:15pm, 2:25pm, 3:25pm and 4:25pm
There's nothing that's more inspirational than the nightly Candlelight Processional. This beautiful show evokes the true meaning of the holidays and is not to be missed. The best way to get in to see this popular show is to take advantage of one of the dinner packages and get reserved seating.
A visit to Santa takes on a new twist when you head to Santa Goofy’s Wild Wonderland. Complete with red suit and white beard, Goofy is ready for a unique holiday picture.
Live entertainers complete the festive mood found at the Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade - A lively music-filled holiday parade will be performed. Join Mickey and his Savannah friends as they as they celebrate the season safari style!
2013 PARADE SCHEDULE: 11/7/13 - 1/02/14
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
11/08/13 - 01/5/14
You'll find the incredible Osborne light display on the "Streets of America." Each evening, millions of twinkling bulbs are used to create a dazzling spectacle. The synchronized lights
dance in time to a high-energy holiday symphony.
Virtually every surface is illuminated. With angels flying overhead and "snow" falling, it's an experience that fills visitors with holiday cheer. With new LED lights, the show is brighter and better than ever!
Elsewhere, you can expect to find the streets of Hollywood Studios lined with garland, lights and wreaths. There's a charming old-fashioned feel to the decor that will bring back memories of holiday gatherings gone by.
The popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year. The improv comedy show will run from 12/21/13-1/5/14 and will be held in the Premier Theater. Alums from The Comedy Warehouse will return to perform in the show and use suggestions from the audience to remake holiday classics. Performances are included in daily park admission.
Food Trucks on the Streets of America
12/24/13 - 1/4/14, 11:30am - 3:00pm
Food trucks will be available so guests will have extra options for counter service foods during the busy holiday season.
When: December 25, 2013
Where: Disney's Contemporary Resort's Fantasia Ballroom
Walt Disney World Guests are asked to use WDW transportation to the Contemporary. The Parking lot will be restricted during this time as well as the lots at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts.
Find more Religious Services Around Orlando and Disney.