Holiday Highlights around Walt Disney World
- Disney World Theme Parks Events
- Magic Kingdom: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Epcot: Candlelight Processional
- Hollywood Studios: The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- Animal Kingdom: Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
- Downtown Disney
- Religious Services
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Fort Wilderness Sleigh Rides
- Swan/Dolphin Holiday Events
- New Year's Eve
- ICE! at Gaylord Palms
Christmas Day parade taping - December 6 and 7, 2013
The parade that airs Christmas morning on ABC is filmed at the Magic Kingdom. Park guests can attend the taping with their regular park tickets. No special tickets will be needed.
A few things to keep in mind:
The parade taping involves long waits. The floats are frequently stopped and restarted and performers often repeat their routines while proper camera placement is being worked out. It can end up being a long day if you decide to attend this taping. If you're in the park on parade taping day, it can be a great day to head to the attractions instead, because so many people will be on Main Street.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - 11/8/13 - 12/20/13
What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
The spectacular tree seems to touch the sky. With delightful oversized toys displayed at it's base, it's an amazing sight. What's that? Is there a hint of gingerbread and cinnamon in the air? No detail is too small when Disney magic is being made. More Info...
Cinderella's Holiday Wish Stage Show
The "Cinderella's Holiday Wish Stage Show" will take place daily at 6:15 pm in front of the castle. Immediately following this performance, the 'Castle Dream Lights' will be lit featuring over 200,000 twinkling lights draped on the towers and turrets.
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade will feature costumes and floats themed to Family and Friends: A Winter Wonderland, Christmas Sweets, A North Pole Christmastime with Mr. and Mrs. Claus and Fairytale Christmastime.
This parade runs twice nightly at 8:15 pm and 10:30 pm. It is often easier to get a seat for the second parade.
MEET SANTA CLAUS
Santa Claus will be meeting and greeting Magic Kingdom guests from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm at the Tour Guide Gardens next to City Hall.
You can also visit Santa during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party until he's needed for his very important role in the parade.
November 29 - December 29, 2013
NEW! Specialty Food and Drinks offered for the Holidays
New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink. The list includes:
- Savory Seasonal Waffles - Turkey waffle (stuffing batter, turkey, gravy and cranberry relish) - $6.39; Sweet Potato Casserole waffle (sweet potato batter, toasted pecans, marshmallows and caramel sauce) - $5.99
- Hot Holiday Twinings Teas - Chai, Pumpkin Spice Chai, Christmas, Pure Mint Tea with Chocolate
- Flavored Hot Chocolates - Toasted Marshmallow, Hazelnut, Traditional, Spiced Cided with Frangelico Liqueur
- Popcorn cart - Pecan Maple Bark
- Beer cart - Hot Applejack Cider
- Patisserie - Buche de Noel au Chocolat (Chocolate Christmas Log)
- L'Artisan Glaces - Gingerbread ice cream, Croque glace (ice cream sandwich made on a brioche rolls and served with chocolate or raspberry sauce - sandwich is hot pressed, but the ice cream doesn't melt) - $6.10
- Kabuki Cafe - Teriyaki Chicken Karage
- Gingerbread men, chocolate chunk cookies, sugar cookies, hot chocolate, apple cider, peppermint bark, sparkling wines, Cocoa Candy Cane (hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps topped with whipped cream)
- Hot chocolate with Caffe Espresso Liqueur
- Sommerfest - Hot spiced wine, holiday fruit cake
- Christkindlmarkt - Werther's Original Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee, Werther's Original Hot Salted Caramel drink
- Joy of Tea - Happy Face Fried Cake
- Kringla Bakeri - Traditional Rice Cream
- La Cantina de San Angel - Sweet Tamales
One of the really special things about celebrating the holiday season in Epcot is learning about the holiday traditions of all the different countries. Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland. It's a unique opportunity to learn more about the world in which we live. Check the times guide for storytellers' schedules.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus - November 29-December 24 - 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, 7:30pm
- Hanukkah - 11:30am, 12:15, 1:15, 1:45, 2:45, 3:15, 4:15, 4:45pm
- Kwanzaa - 11:15, 11:45am, 12:30, 1:00, 2:00, 2:30, 3:30, 4:00pm
- Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers - 11:45am, 12:30, 1:15, 2:00, 2:45, 3:30, 4:15pm
Canada: NEW! - Follow the members of Off Kilter as they become Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs. - 12:40, 1:40, 2:40, 3:40, 4:40, 6:00pm
China: The Monkey King will tell of celebrating Chinese New Year - 12:10, 12:45, 1:30, 2:15, 3:20, 4:50, 5:50pm
France: Pere Noel - 11:20, 11:55am, 12:30, 1:15, 2:05, 3:30, 4:20, 5:05pm
Germany: Helga reveals the story of the first Christmas tree and her first nutcracker - 11:55am, 12:50, 1:25, 2:00, 2:55, 3:50, 4:45, 5:55pm
Italy: (VIDEO) La Befana, Italy's good Christmas witch, celebrated her first Christmas 2,000 years ago - 11:55am, 12:50, 1:25, 2:00, 2:55, 3:50, 4:45, 5:55pm
Japan: Daruma doll and the Japanese New Year - 12:10, 12:50, 1:35, 2:20, 2:55, 3:45, 4:45, 5:55pm
Mexico: (VIDEO) The journey of the Los Tres Reyes Magos (The Three Kings) to the Posada - 1:45, 2:35, 3:20, 4:05, 5:40, 6:30, 7:30pm
Morocco: Drummer Taarji tells the customs of Ramadan and Ashura- 2:15, 3:00, 4:35, 5:40, 6:20, 7:35pm
Norway: Sigrid will tell the story of Julenissen, the trouble-making Christmas Gnome - 3:10, 3:50, 4:30, 5:10, 5:50, 6:35, 7:15, 7:55pm
United Kingdom: (VIDEO) Father Christmas - 2:45, 3:45, 4:30, 5:30, 6:10, 6:45, 7:30, 8:30pm
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is enhanced for the Holidays with an additional special Peace on Earth holiday ending. - 9:30pm November 29-December 25, 10:00pm December 26-30.
JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season featuring D'Vine Voices daily at the Fountain Stage - 1:15pm, 2:25pm, 3:25pm and 4:25pm
There's nothing that's more inspirational than the nightly Candlelight Processional. This beautiful show evokes the true meaning of the holidays and is not to be missed. The best way to get in to see this popular show is to take advantage of one of the dinner packages and get reserved seating.
A visit to Santa takes on a new twist when you head to Santa Goofy’s Wild Wonderland. Complete with red suit and white beard, Goofy is ready for a unique holiday picture.
Live entertainers complete the festive mood found at the Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade - A lively music-filled holiday parade will be performed. Join Mickey and his Savannah friends as they as they celebrate the season safari style!
2013 PARADE SCHEDULE: 11/7/13 - 1/02/14
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
11/08/13 - 01/5/14
You'll find the incredible Osborne light display on the "Streets of America." Each evening, millions of twinkling bulbs are used to create a dazzling spectacle. The synchronized lights
dance in time to a high-energy holiday symphony.
Virtually every surface is illuminated. With angels flying overhead and "snow" falling, it's an experience that fills visitors with holiday cheer. With new LED lights, the show is brighter and better than ever!
Elsewhere, you can expect to find the streets of Hollywood Studios lined with garland, lights and wreaths. There's a charming old-fashioned feel to the decor that will bring back memories of holiday gatherings gone by.
When: December 25, 2013
Where: Disney's Contemporary Resort's Fantasia Ballroom
Walt Disney World Guests are asked to use WDW transportation to the Contemporary. The Parking lot will be restricted during this time as well as the lots at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts.
Find more Religious Services Around Orlando and Disney.
- Blog - Preview: “Saving Mr. Banks”
- Beaches and Cream will begin accepting reservations December 18 - This small soda fountain restaurant serves burgers, sandwiches and their signature ice cream desserts.
- Limited Time Magic: Secret Santa Week - Visit the Town Square Christmas Tree on Main Street and see Duffy in his Christmas outfit. Other Disney characters will be located around the park. Get a special decorated keepsake card from each one as a souvenir.
- Limited Time Magic: Tour the Magic Kingdom with Phil Holmes - 25 lucky guests will get to tour the park with current Vice President Phil Holmes.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Joan Jett tells SeaWorld to stop using her song
- Disney produces animated "it's a small world" web series
- Heart is the third musical group to cancel SeaWorld performance
- Willie Nelson backs out of SeaWorld Orlando's Bands, Brew & BBQ event
- Disney obtains distrbution rights to future Indiana Jones films
- Family sues Disney when woman dies from complications after a fall
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom