Holiday Highlights around Walt Disney World
November - December 2014
- Disney World Theme Parks Events
- Magic Kingdom: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Epcot: Candlelight Processional
- Hollywood Studios: The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- Animal Kingdom: Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
- Downtown Disney
- Religious Services
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Fort Wilderness Sleigh Rides
- Swan/Dolphin Holiday Events
- New Year's Eve
- ICE! at Gaylord Palms
Christmas Day parade taping - December 6 and 7, 2013
The parade that airs Christmas morning on ABC is filmed at the Magic Kingdom. Park guests can attend the taping with their regular park tickets. No special tickets will be needed.
A few things to keep in mind:
The parade taping involves long waits. The floats are frequently stopped and restarted and performers often repeat their routines while proper camera placement is being worked out. It can end up being a long day if you decide to attend this taping. If you're in the park on parade taping day, it can be a great day to head to the attractions instead, because so many people will be on Main Street.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - 11/7/14 - 12/19/14
What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
The spectacular tree seems to touch the sky. With delightful oversized toys displayed at it's base, it's an amazing sight. What's that? Is there a hint of gingerbread and cinnamon in the air? No detail is too small when Disney magic is being made. More Info...
Cinderella's Holiday Wish Stage Show
The "Cinderella's Holiday Wish Stage Show" will take place daily at 6:15 pm in front of the castle. Immediately following this performance, the 'Castle Dream Lights' will be lit featuring over 200,000 twinkling lights draped on the towers and turrets.
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade will feature costumes and floats themed to Family and Friends: A Winter Wonderland, Christmas Sweets, A North Pole Christmastime with Mr. and Mrs. Claus and Fairytale Christmastime.
This parade runs twice nightly at 8:15 pm and 10:30 pm. It is often easier to get a seat for the second parade.
MEET SANTA CLAUS
Santa Claus will be meeting and greeting Magic Kingdom guests from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm at the Tour Guide Gardens next to City Hall.
You can also visit Santa during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party until he's needed for his very important role in the parade.
November 28 - December 30, 2014
**The following info is from 2013. 2014 info will be added as soon as it is released.**
Specialty Food and Drinks offered for the Holidays
New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink. The list includes:
- Savory Seasonal Waffles - Turkey waffle (stuffing batter, turkey, gravy and cranberry relish) - $6.39; Sweet Potato Casserole waffle (sweet potato batter, toasted pecans, marshmallows and caramel sauce) - $5.99
- Hot Holiday Twinings Teas - Chai, Pumpkin Spice Chai, Christmas, Pure Mint Tea with Chocolate
- Flavored Hot Chocolates - Toasted Marshmallow, Hazelnut, Traditional, Spiced Cided with Frangelico Liqueur
- Popcorn cart - Pecan Maple Bark
- Beer cart - Hot Applejack Cider
- Patisserie - Buche de Noel au Chocolat (Chocolate Christmas Log)
- L'Artisan Glaces - Gingerbread ice cream, Croque glace (ice cream sandwich made on a brioche rolls and served with chocolate or raspberry sauce - sandwich is hot pressed, but the ice cream doesn't melt) - $6.10
- Kabuki Cafe - Teriyaki Chicken Karage
- Gingerbread men, chocolate chunk cookies, sugar cookies, hot chocolate, apple cider, peppermint bark, sparkling wines, Cocoa Candy Cane (hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps topped with whipped cream)
- Hot chocolate with Caffe Espresso Liqueur
- Sommerfest - Hot spiced wine, holiday fruit cake
- Christkindlmarkt - Werther's Original Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee, Werther's Original Hot Salted Caramel drink
- Joy of Tea - Happy Face Fried Cake
- Kringla Bakeri - Traditional Rice Cream
- La Cantina de San Angel - Sweet Tamales
One of the really special things about celebrating the holiday season in Epcot is learning about the holiday traditions of all the different countries. Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland. It's a unique opportunity to learn more about the world in which we live. Check the times guide for storytellers' schedules.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus - November 29-December 24 - 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, 7:30pm
- Hanukkah - 11:30am, 12:15, 1:15, 1:45, 2:45, 3:15, 4:15, 4:45pm
- Kwanzaa - 11:15, 11:45am, 12:30, 1:00, 2:00, 2:30, 3:30, 4:00pm
- Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers - 11:45am, 12:30, 1:15, 2:00, 2:45, 3:30, 4:15pm
Canada: NEW! - Follow the members of Off Kilter as they become Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs. - 12:40, 1:40, 2:40, 3:40, 4:40, 6:00pm
China: The Monkey King will tell of celebrating Chinese New Year - 12:10, 12:45, 1:30, 2:15, 3:20, 4:50, 5:50pm
France: Pere Noel - 11:20, 11:55am, 12:30, 1:15, 2:05, 3:30, 4:20, 5:05pm
Germany: Helga reveals the story of the first Christmas tree and her first nutcracker - 11:55am, 12:50, 1:25, 2:00, 2:55, 3:50, 4:45, 5:55pm
Italy: (VIDEO) La Befana, Italy's good Christmas witch, celebrated her first Christmas 2,000 years ago - 11:55am, 12:50, 1:25, 2:00, 2:55, 3:50, 4:45, 5:55pm
Japan: Daruma doll and the Japanese New Year - 12:10, 12:50, 1:35, 2:20, 2:55, 3:45, 4:45, 5:55pm
Mexico: (VIDEO) The journey of the Los Tres Reyes Magos (The Three Kings) to the Posada - 1:45, 2:35, 3:20, 4:05, 5:40, 6:30, 7:30pm
Morocco: Drummer Taarji tells the customs of Ramadan and Ashura- 2:15, 3:00, 4:35, 5:40, 6:20, 7:35pm
Norway: Sigrid will tell the story of Julenissen, the trouble-making Christmas Gnome - 3:10, 3:50, 4:30, 5:10, 5:50, 6:35, 7:15, 7:55pm
United Kingdom: (VIDEO) Father Christmas - 2:45, 3:45, 4:30, 5:30, 6:10, 6:45, 7:30, 8:30pm
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is enhanced for the Holidays with an additional special Peace on Earth holiday ending. - 9:30pm November 29-December 25, 10:00pm December 26-30.
JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season featuring D'Vine Voices daily at the Fountain Stage - 1:15pm, 2:25pm, 3:25pm and 4:25pm
There's nothing that's more inspirational than the nightly Candlelight Processional. This beautiful show evokes the true meaning of the holidays and is not to be missed. The best way to get in to see this popular show is to take advantage of one of the dinner packages and get reserved seating.
A visit to Santa takes on a new twist when you head to Santa Goofy’s Wild Wonderland. Complete with red suit and white beard, Goofy is ready for a unique holiday picture.
Live entertainers complete the festive mood found at the Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade - A lively music-filled holiday parade will be performed. Join Mickey and his Savannah friends as they as they celebrate the season safari style!
2013 PARADE SCHEDULE: 11/7/13 - 1/02/14
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
11/08/13 - 01/5/14
You'll find the incredible Osborne light display on the "Streets of America." Each evening, millions of twinkling bulbs are used to create a dazzling spectacle. The synchronized lights
dance in time to a high-energy holiday symphony.
Virtually every surface is illuminated. With angels flying overhead and "snow" falling, it's an experience that fills visitors with holiday cheer. With new LED lights, the show is brighter and better than ever!
Elsewhere, you can expect to find the streets of Hollywood Studios lined with garland, lights and wreaths. There's a charming old-fashioned feel to the decor that will bring back memories of holiday gatherings gone by.
The popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year. The improv comedy show will run from 12/21/13-1/5/14 and will be held in the Premier Theater. Alums from The Comedy Warehouse will return to perform in the show and use suggestions from the audience to remake holiday classics. Performances are included in daily park admission.
Food Trucks on the Streets of America
12/24/13 - 1/4/14, 11:30am - 3:00pm
Food trucks will be available so guests will have extra options for counter service foods during the busy holiday season.
When: December 25, 2013
Where: Disney's Contemporary Resort's Fantasia Ballroom
Walt Disney World Guests are asked to use WDW transportation to the Contemporary. The Parking lot will be restricted during this time as well as the lots at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts.
Find more Religious Services Around Orlando and Disney.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of “Toy Story of TERROR!” on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios