Holiday Highlights around Walt Disney World
2014 dates and info not yet released
- Disney World Theme Parks Events
- Magic Kingdom: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Epcot: Candlelight Processional
- Hollywood Studios: The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- Animal Kingdom: Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
- Downtown Disney
- Religious Services
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Fort Wilderness Sleigh Rides
- Swan/Dolphin Holiday Events
- New Year's Eve
- ICE! at Gaylord Palms
Christmas Day parade taping - December 6 and 7, 2013
The parade that airs Christmas morning on ABC is filmed at the Magic Kingdom. Park guests can attend the taping with their regular park tickets. No special tickets will be needed.
A few things to keep in mind:
The parade taping involves long waits. The floats are frequently stopped and restarted and performers often repeat their routines while proper camera placement is being worked out. It can end up being a long day if you decide to attend this taping. If you're in the park on parade taping day, it can be a great day to head to the attractions instead, because so many people will be on Main Street.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - 11/8/13 - 12/20/13
What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
The spectacular tree seems to touch the sky. With delightful oversized toys displayed at it's base, it's an amazing sight. What's that? Is there a hint of gingerbread and cinnamon in the air? No detail is too small when Disney magic is being made. More Info...
Cinderella's Holiday Wish Stage Show
The "Cinderella's Holiday Wish Stage Show" will take place daily at 6:15 pm in front of the castle. Immediately following this performance, the 'Castle Dream Lights' will be lit featuring over 200,000 twinkling lights draped on the towers and turrets.
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade will feature costumes and floats themed to Family and Friends: A Winter Wonderland, Christmas Sweets, A North Pole Christmastime with Mr. and Mrs. Claus and Fairytale Christmastime.
This parade runs twice nightly at 8:15 pm and 10:30 pm. It is often easier to get a seat for the second parade.
MEET SANTA CLAUS
Santa Claus will be meeting and greeting Magic Kingdom guests from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm at the Tour Guide Gardens next to City Hall.
You can also visit Santa during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party until he's needed for his very important role in the parade.
November 29 - December 29, 2013
NEW! Specialty Food and Drinks offered for the Holidays
New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink. The list includes:
- Savory Seasonal Waffles - Turkey waffle (stuffing batter, turkey, gravy and cranberry relish) - $6.39; Sweet Potato Casserole waffle (sweet potato batter, toasted pecans, marshmallows and caramel sauce) - $5.99
- Hot Holiday Twinings Teas - Chai, Pumpkin Spice Chai, Christmas, Pure Mint Tea with Chocolate
- Flavored Hot Chocolates - Toasted Marshmallow, Hazelnut, Traditional, Spiced Cided with Frangelico Liqueur
- Popcorn cart - Pecan Maple Bark
- Beer cart - Hot Applejack Cider
- Patisserie - Buche de Noel au Chocolat (Chocolate Christmas Log)
- L'Artisan Glaces - Gingerbread ice cream, Croque glace (ice cream sandwich made on a brioche rolls and served with chocolate or raspberry sauce - sandwich is hot pressed, but the ice cream doesn't melt) - $6.10
- Kabuki Cafe - Teriyaki Chicken Karage
- Gingerbread men, chocolate chunk cookies, sugar cookies, hot chocolate, apple cider, peppermint bark, sparkling wines, Cocoa Candy Cane (hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps topped with whipped cream)
- Hot chocolate with Caffe Espresso Liqueur
- Sommerfest - Hot spiced wine, holiday fruit cake
- Christkindlmarkt - Werther's Original Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee, Werther's Original Hot Salted Caramel drink
- Joy of Tea - Happy Face Fried Cake
- Kringla Bakeri - Traditional Rice Cream
- La Cantina de San Angel - Sweet Tamales
One of the really special things about celebrating the holiday season in Epcot is learning about the holiday traditions of all the different countries. Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland. It's a unique opportunity to learn more about the world in which we live. Check the times guide for storytellers' schedules.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus - November 29-December 24 - 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, 7:30pm
- Hanukkah - 11:30am, 12:15, 1:15, 1:45, 2:45, 3:15, 4:15, 4:45pm
- Kwanzaa - 11:15, 11:45am, 12:30, 1:00, 2:00, 2:30, 3:30, 4:00pm
- Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers - 11:45am, 12:30, 1:15, 2:00, 2:45, 3:30, 4:15pm
Canada: NEW! - Follow the members of Off Kilter as they become Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs. - 12:40, 1:40, 2:40, 3:40, 4:40, 6:00pm
China: The Monkey King will tell of celebrating Chinese New Year - 12:10, 12:45, 1:30, 2:15, 3:20, 4:50, 5:50pm
France: Pere Noel - 11:20, 11:55am, 12:30, 1:15, 2:05, 3:30, 4:20, 5:05pm
Germany: Helga reveals the story of the first Christmas tree and her first nutcracker - 11:55am, 12:50, 1:25, 2:00, 2:55, 3:50, 4:45, 5:55pm
Italy: (VIDEO) La Befana, Italy's good Christmas witch, celebrated her first Christmas 2,000 years ago - 11:55am, 12:50, 1:25, 2:00, 2:55, 3:50, 4:45, 5:55pm
Japan: Daruma doll and the Japanese New Year - 12:10, 12:50, 1:35, 2:20, 2:55, 3:45, 4:45, 5:55pm
Mexico: (VIDEO) The journey of the Los Tres Reyes Magos (The Three Kings) to the Posada - 1:45, 2:35, 3:20, 4:05, 5:40, 6:30, 7:30pm
Morocco: Drummer Taarji tells the customs of Ramadan and Ashura- 2:15, 3:00, 4:35, 5:40, 6:20, 7:35pm
Norway: Sigrid will tell the story of Julenissen, the trouble-making Christmas Gnome - 3:10, 3:50, 4:30, 5:10, 5:50, 6:35, 7:15, 7:55pm
United Kingdom: (VIDEO) Father Christmas - 2:45, 3:45, 4:30, 5:30, 6:10, 6:45, 7:30, 8:30pm
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is enhanced for the Holidays with an additional special Peace on Earth holiday ending. - 9:30pm November 29-December 25, 10:00pm December 26-30.
JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season featuring D'Vine Voices daily at the Fountain Stage - 1:15pm, 2:25pm, 3:25pm and 4:25pm
There's nothing that's more inspirational than the nightly Candlelight Processional. This beautiful show evokes the true meaning of the holidays and is not to be missed. The best way to get in to see this popular show is to take advantage of one of the dinner packages and get reserved seating.
A visit to Santa takes on a new twist when you head to Santa Goofy’s Wild Wonderland. Complete with red suit and white beard, Goofy is ready for a unique holiday picture.
Live entertainers complete the festive mood found at the Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade - A lively music-filled holiday parade will be performed. Join Mickey and his Savannah friends as they as they celebrate the season safari style!
2013 PARADE SCHEDULE: 11/7/13 - 1/02/14
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
11/08/13 - 01/5/14
You'll find the incredible Osborne light display on the "Streets of America." Each evening, millions of twinkling bulbs are used to create a dazzling spectacle. The synchronized lights
dance in time to a high-energy holiday symphony.
Virtually every surface is illuminated. With angels flying overhead and "snow" falling, it's an experience that fills visitors with holiday cheer. With new LED lights, the show is brighter and better than ever!
Elsewhere, you can expect to find the streets of Hollywood Studios lined with garland, lights and wreaths. There's a charming old-fashioned feel to the decor that will bring back memories of holiday gatherings gone by.
The popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year. The improv comedy show will run from 12/21/13-1/5/14 and will be held in the Premier Theater. Alums from The Comedy Warehouse will return to perform in the show and use suggestions from the audience to remake holiday classics. Performances are included in daily park admission.
Food Trucks on the Streets of America
12/24/13 - 1/4/14, 11:30am - 3:00pm
Food trucks will be available so guests will have extra options for counter service foods during the busy holiday season.
When: December 25, 2013
Where: Disney's Contemporary Resort's Fantasia Ballroom
Walt Disney World Guests are asked to use WDW transportation to the Contemporary. The Parking lot will be restricted during this time as well as the lots at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts.
Find more Religious Services Around Orlando and Disney.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Blog - Review: Epcot After Hours Wind Down
- Registration opens for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon - Registration spots for the races fill up quickly. If you know for sure you want to participate in one of the events, we recommend you register as soon as possible.
- Happy 16th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom - Disney's Animal Kingdom opened on April 22, 1998 - Earth Day.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet moves to Magic Kingdom today - These popular princesses will no longer be seen in Epcot's Norway pavilion.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Today Show to film at Universal Orlando on Friday
- James Cameron pleased with Disney's Avatar Land design
- Disney one of the world's most disappointing destinations?
- Universal Orlando painters sent to hospital
- Kickstarter campaign hopes to raise money for "Dark Side of Disney" film
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios