NEW YEAR'S DINING AT DISNEY - 2012
If you're going to celebrate New Year's in Walt Disney World, think about making meal reservations. All of the theme parks will be extremely busy with long lines and limited seating at the counter serve venues.
The first dining information for New Year's Eve 2013 has been released:
Monsieur Paul at Epcot will be open all day to celebrate the holiday. A three-course meal will be served from noon-6:30pm for $75 (plus tax and gratuity). The second two seatings will be at 9:00 and 9:30pm and a special four-course New Year's Eve menu will be served. Price is $195, plus tax and gratuity. For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
Choice of Appetizer:
Escargot ravioli, cream of parsley
Mussel soup with saffron, light fennel cream
Blue Cheese Salad
Choice of Entree:
Chicken stuffed with mushroom duxelle, white sauce
Maine lobster, veloute and baby vegetables
Beef short ribs slowly braised in red wine, served with a carrot puree
New Year's Eve dessert
Menu for evening seatings:
Nicolas Feuillatte, Brut
Beef broth, oxtail, vegetables, black winter truffle, puff pastry
Lobster salad with asparagus
Scallops with cauliflower cream and black truffle sauce
Seared halibut, white wine sauce with seafood and mushrooms
Roasted chicken breast stuffed with morels, grated potato
Grilled beef tenderloin, potato gratin and porcini mushrooms
New Year's Eve dessert
Biergarten Restaurant - lunch and dinner (buffet)
Le Cellier Steakhouse - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Disney's Hollywood Studios 2012:
Hollywood & Vine - lunch and dinner (buffet)
Boardwalk Resort 2012:
Atlantic Dance Hall -
Flying Fish Cafe - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Contemporary Resort 2012:
California Grill - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Chef Mickey's - New Year's Day brunch (buffet)
Downtown Disney 2012:
Portobello - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 2012:
Citricos - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Narcoossee's - dinner
- prix fixe menu, DJ, balloon artist, viewing for fireworks
- $161.85 adults, $77.19 children
Victoria & Albert's - dinner (prix fixe menu)
- Choose from Standard Dining, Chef's Table, and Queen Victoria's Room
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels 2013:
Garden Grove - dinner
- 5:00 - 9:30pm. New Year's Eve buffet with Disney characters! $45.99 adults, $19.99 children
- clam chowder soup, crab bisque, New York strip steak, Beef au jus, Herb crusted mahi mahi, Cornish hens, Vegetable risotto, Cheese tortellini, Haricots Vert, Roasted turnips, salads, chilled seafood, desserts, children's buffet (chicken nuggets, mini corndogs, mac and cheese, vegetables)
Il Mulino - dinner
- 5:00 - 11:00pm (Seating One from 5:00-6:30pm, Seating Two from 7:00-11:00pm)
- Seating One orders from the regular menu
- Seating Two is a two-hour prix fixe meal (caesar or caprese salad, eggplant pasta or mushroom rice, Halibut or Osso Bucco or Lamb Porterhouse, Tiramisu or Flourless chocolate cake
- Guests with reservations after 9:00 will have party favors and a champagne toast at midnight.
- $92 adults, $35 children, tax and gratuity not included
Shula's Steak House - dinner
- 5:00 - 9:00 pm (Seating One from 5:00 - 6:15pm, Seating Two from 7:00 - 11:00 pm)
- Seating One orders from the regular menu
- Seating Two will enjoy party favors and a four-course prix fixe meal (barbecued shrimp or seared tuna, chopped salad or caesar salad, Surf and Turf, Filet Mignon, New York strip steak, porterhouse, prime rib, mahi mahi, salmon, chicken breast, lamb porterhouse, asparagus spears, broccoli, double baked potato, potato gratin, key lime pie, vanilla cheesecake, molten chocolate lava cake)
- $125 per person
bluezoo - dinner
- 5:00-11:00pm Special New Year's Eve menu available, along with the regular menu
- Seasonal chef's creation will include appetizer and entree - market price
Yacht and Beach Club 2012:
Yachtsman Steakhouse - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Atlantic Dance Hall @ Boardwalk (over 21 only)
Time: 8:00 pm - 2:00 am
2011 Price: Standard Admission = $35 (gratuity not included)
VIP Admission = $75
Standard event admission includes celebrating with a Video DJ on the main dance floor, a free champagne toast to ring in 2013 and "party favors." Additional beverages will be available for purchase from three bars.
VIP admission includes everything provided with standard admission plus entrance into the 2nd Floor VIP area (includes seating, complimentary desserts and coffee from 9:00 - 12:00, and access to a private balcony for viewing of Illuminations).
Dress: Business casual or formal.
"Fantasia 2012" @ Epcot World ShowPlace
Price: $68.67 adults, $44.37 children (tax and gratuity included)
This event is a tribute to the animated films "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000", designed to combine sight and sound into a memorable dining experience for the whole family. Reservations are available from 4:30 - 10:30pm. Park admission required. Call 407-WDW-DINE for reservations.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced