NEW YEAR'S DINING AT DISNEY - 2012
If you're going to celebrate New Year's in Walt Disney World, think about making meal reservations. All of the theme parks will be extremely busy with long lines and limited seating at the counter serve venues.
The first dining information for New Year's Eve 2013 has been released:
Monsieur Paul at Epcot will be open all day to celebrate the holiday. A three-course meal will be served from noon-6:30pm for $75 (plus tax and gratuity). The second two seatings will be at 9:00 and 9:30pm and a special four-course New Year's Eve menu will be served. Price is $195, plus tax and gratuity. For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
Choice of Appetizer:
Escargot ravioli, cream of parsley
Mussel soup with saffron, light fennel cream
Blue Cheese Salad
Choice of Entree:
Chicken stuffed with mushroom duxelle, white sauce
Maine lobster, veloute and baby vegetables
Beef short ribs slowly braised in red wine, served with a carrot puree
New Year's Eve dessert
Menu for evening seatings:
Nicolas Feuillatte, Brut
Beef broth, oxtail, vegetables, black winter truffle, puff pastry
Lobster salad with asparagus
Scallops with cauliflower cream and black truffle sauce
Seared halibut, white wine sauce with seafood and mushrooms
Roasted chicken breast stuffed with morels, grated potato
Grilled beef tenderloin, potato gratin and porcini mushrooms
New Year's Eve dessert
Biergarten Restaurant - lunch and dinner (buffet)
Le Cellier Steakhouse - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Disney's Hollywood Studios 2012:
Hollywood & Vine - lunch and dinner (buffet)
Boardwalk Resort 2012:
Atlantic Dance Hall -
Flying Fish Cafe - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Contemporary Resort 2012:
California Grill - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Chef Mickey's - New Year's Day brunch (buffet)
Downtown Disney 2012:
Portobello - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 2012:
Citricos - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Narcoossee's - dinner
- prix fixe menu, DJ, balloon artist, viewing for fireworks
- $161.85 adults, $77.19 children
Victoria & Albert's - dinner (prix fixe menu)
- Choose from Standard Dining, Chef's Table, and Queen Victoria's Room
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels 2013:
Garden Grove - dinner
- 5:00 - 9:30pm. New Year's Eve buffet with Disney characters! $45.99 adults, $19.99 children
- clam chowder soup, crab bisque, New York strip steak, Beef au jus, Herb crusted mahi mahi, Cornish hens, Vegetable risotto, Cheese tortellini, Haricots Vert, Roasted turnips, salads, chilled seafood, desserts, children's buffet (chicken nuggets, mini corndogs, mac and cheese, vegetables)
Il Mulino - dinner
- 5:00 - 11:00pm (Seating One from 5:00-6:30pm, Seating Two from 7:00-11:00pm)
- Seating One orders from the regular menu
- Seating Two is a two-hour prix fixe meal (caesar or caprese salad, eggplant pasta or mushroom rice, Halibut or Osso Bucco or Lamb Porterhouse, Tiramisu or Flourless chocolate cake
- Guests with reservations after 9:00 will have party favors and a champagne toast at midnight.
- $92 adults, $35 children, tax and gratuity not included
Shula's Steak House - dinner
- 5:00 - 9:00 pm (Seating One from 5:00 - 6:15pm, Seating Two from 7:00 - 11:00 pm)
- Seating One orders from the regular menu
- Seating Two will enjoy party favors and a four-course prix fixe meal (barbecued shrimp or seared tuna, chopped salad or caesar salad, Surf and Turf, Filet Mignon, New York strip steak, porterhouse, prime rib, mahi mahi, salmon, chicken breast, lamb porterhouse, asparagus spears, broccoli, double baked potato, potato gratin, key lime pie, vanilla cheesecake, molten chocolate lava cake)
- $125 per person
bluezoo - dinner
- 5:00-11:00pm Special New Year's Eve menu available, along with the regular menu
- Seasonal chef's creation will include appetizer and entree - market price
Yacht and Beach Club 2012:
Yachtsman Steakhouse - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Atlantic Dance Hall @ Boardwalk (over 21 only)
Time: 8:00 pm - 2:00 am
2011 Price: Standard Admission = $35 (gratuity not included)
VIP Admission = $75
Standard event admission includes celebrating with a Video DJ on the main dance floor, a free champagne toast to ring in 2013 and "party favors." Additional beverages will be available for purchase from three bars.
VIP admission includes everything provided with standard admission plus entrance into the 2nd Floor VIP area (includes seating, complimentary desserts and coffee from 9:00 - 12:00, and access to a private balcony for viewing of Illuminations).
Dress: Business casual or formal.
"Fantasia 2012" @ Epcot World ShowPlace
Price: $68.67 adults, $44.37 children (tax and gratuity included)
This event is a tribute to the animated films "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000", designed to combine sight and sound into a memorable dining experience for the whole family. Reservations are available from 4:30 - 10:30pm. Park admission required. Call 407-WDW-DINE for reservations.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of “Toy Story of TERROR!” on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales