NEW YEAR'S DINING AT DISNEY - 2012
If you're going to celebrate New Year's in Walt Disney World, think about making meal reservations. All of the theme parks will be extremely busy with long lines and limited seating at the counter serve venues.
The first dining information for New Year's Eve 2013 has been released:
Monsieur Paul at Epcot will be open all day to celebrate the holiday. A three-course meal will be served from noon-6:30pm for $75 (plus tax and gratuity). The second two seatings will be at 9:00 and 9:30pm and a special four-course New Year's Eve menu will be served. Price is $195, plus tax and gratuity. For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
Choice of Appetizer:
Escargot ravioli, cream of parsley
Mussel soup with saffron, light fennel cream
Blue Cheese Salad
Choice of Entree:
Chicken stuffed with mushroom duxelle, white sauce
Maine lobster, veloute and baby vegetables
Beef short ribs slowly braised in red wine, served with a carrot puree
New Year's Eve dessert
Menu for evening seatings:
Nicolas Feuillatte, Brut
Beef broth, oxtail, vegetables, black winter truffle, puff pastry
Lobster salad with asparagus
Scallops with cauliflower cream and black truffle sauce
Seared halibut, white wine sauce with seafood and mushrooms
Roasted chicken breast stuffed with morels, grated potato
Grilled beef tenderloin, potato gratin and porcini mushrooms
New Year's Eve dessert
Biergarten Restaurant - lunch and dinner (buffet)
Le Cellier Steakhouse - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Disney's Hollywood Studios 2012:
Hollywood & Vine - lunch and dinner (buffet)
Boardwalk Resort 2012:
Atlantic Dance Hall -
Flying Fish Cafe - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Contemporary Resort 2012:
California Grill - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Chef Mickey's - New Year's Day brunch (buffet)
Downtown Disney 2012:
Portobello - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 2012:
Citricos - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Narcoossee's - dinner
- prix fixe menu, DJ, balloon artist, viewing for fireworks
- $161.85 adults, $77.19 children
Victoria & Albert's - dinner (prix fixe menu)
- Choose from Standard Dining, Chef's Table, and Queen Victoria's Room
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels 2013:
Garden Grove - dinner
- 5:00 - 9:30pm. New Year's Eve buffet with Disney characters! $45.99 adults, $19.99 children
- clam chowder soup, crab bisque, New York strip steak, Beef au jus, Herb crusted mahi mahi, Cornish hens, Vegetable risotto, Cheese tortellini, Haricots Vert, Roasted turnips, salads, chilled seafood, desserts, children's buffet (chicken nuggets, mini corndogs, mac and cheese, vegetables)
Il Mulino - dinner
- 5:00 - 11:00pm (Seating One from 5:00-6:30pm, Seating Two from 7:00-11:00pm)
- Seating One orders from the regular menu
- Seating Two is a two-hour prix fixe meal (caesar or caprese salad, eggplant pasta or mushroom rice, Halibut or Osso Bucco or Lamb Porterhouse, Tiramisu or Flourless chocolate cake
- Guests with reservations after 9:00 will have party favors and a champagne toast at midnight.
- $92 adults, $35 children, tax and gratuity not included
Shula's Steak House - dinner
- 5:00 - 9:00 pm (Seating One from 5:00 - 6:15pm, Seating Two from 7:00 - 11:00 pm)
- Seating One orders from the regular menu
- Seating Two will enjoy party favors and a four-course prix fixe meal (barbecued shrimp or seared tuna, chopped salad or caesar salad, Surf and Turf, Filet Mignon, New York strip steak, porterhouse, prime rib, mahi mahi, salmon, chicken breast, lamb porterhouse, asparagus spears, broccoli, double baked potato, potato gratin, key lime pie, vanilla cheesecake, molten chocolate lava cake)
- $125 per person
bluezoo - dinner
- 5:00-11:00pm Special New Year's Eve menu available, along with the regular menu
- Seasonal chef's creation will include appetizer and entree - market price
Yacht and Beach Club 2012:
Yachtsman Steakhouse - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Atlantic Dance Hall @ Boardwalk (over 21 only)
Time: 8:00 pm - 2:00 am
2011 Price: Standard Admission = $35 (gratuity not included)
VIP Admission = $75
Standard event admission includes celebrating with a Video DJ on the main dance floor, a free champagne toast to ring in 2013 and "party favors." Additional beverages will be available for purchase from three bars.
VIP admission includes everything provided with standard admission plus entrance into the 2nd Floor VIP area (includes seating, complimentary desserts and coffee from 9:00 - 12:00, and access to a private balcony for viewing of Illuminations).
Dress: Business casual or formal.
"Fantasia 2012" @ Epcot World ShowPlace
Price: $68.67 adults, $44.37 children (tax and gratuity included)
This event is a tribute to the animated films "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000", designed to combine sight and sound into a memorable dining experience for the whole family. Reservations are available from 4:30 - 10:30pm. Park admission required. Call 407-WDW-DINE for reservations.
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
- Disney releases CGI video of new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction
- Muppets scavenger hunt game available at Epcot
- Renovation on SeaWorld's Shamu Stadium nearly complete
- Housekeeper attacked at Disney's Art of Animation Resort
- Changes to Disney's FastPass+, including park hopping, announced