NEW YEAR'S DINING AT DISNEY - 2014
If you're going to celebrate New Year's in Walt Disney World, think about making meal reservations. All of the theme parks will be extremely busy with long lines and limited seating at the counter serve venues.
Biergarten Restaurant - lunch and dinner (buffet)
La Hacienda de San Angel - dinner
Le Cellier Steakhouse - 3 seatings for dinner (prix fixe menu)
Monsieur Paul - lunch and dinner
World Showplace - Fantasia 2014 - Close out the year at Epcot's World ShowPlace with a tribute to the film Fantasia. The buffet will feature soups, salads, deep-fried turkey breast, mahi mahi, pasta, assorted desserts and fresh fruit. Price is $64.99 for adults and $41.99 for children ages 3-10 (tax and gratuity not included). Available from 4:30-10:30pm on New Year's Eve and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
Magic Kingdom 2014:
Tomorrowland Terrace - New Year's Eve fireworks dessert party twice nightly (12/30 and 12/31)
Disney's Hollywood Studios 2014:
Hollywood & Vine - lunch and dinner (buffet)
Boardwalk Resort 2014:
Flying Fish Cafe - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Contemporary Resort 2014:
California Grill - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Chef Mickey's - New Year's Day brunch (buffet)
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground 2014:
Trail's End Restaurant - lunch and dinner
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 2014:
Citricos - dinner (prix fixe menu)
Narcoossee's - dinner
Victoria & Albert's - dinner (prix fixe menu)
- Choose from Standard Dining, Chef's Table, and Queen Victoria's Room
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels 2014:
Garden Grove - dinner
- 5:00 - 9:30pm. New Year's Eve buffet with Disney characters! $45.99 adults, $19.99 children
- corn chowder soup, lobster bisque, Herb crusted Florida snapper, oven roasted chicken, cioppino, lobster ravioli, Yukon Gold Potato, roasted baby vegetables, pasta, salads, chilled seafood, desserts, children's buffet (chicken nuggets, mini corndogs, mac and cheese, vegetables)
Il Mulino - dinner
5 pm - 11:00 pm
The restaurant's regular menu of Italian favorites will be available, plus salads, pastas, risotta, haibut, osso bucco, lamb and desserts. Seatings after 9:00pm will include party favors and champagne toast at midnight. $98 adults, $39 children. 407-934-1199 for reservations.
Shula's Steak House - dinner
- Seating One from 5:00 - 6:30pm, Seating Two from 7:00 - 11:00 pm)
- Seating One orders from the regular menu
- Seating Two will enjoy party favors and a four-course prix fixe meal (barbecued shrimp or seared tuna, chopped salad or caesar salad, Surf and Turf, Filet Mignon, New York strip steak, porterhouse, prime rib, mahi mahi, salmon, chicken breast, lamb porterhouse, asparagus spears, broccoli, double baked potato, potato gratin, key lime pie, vanilla cheesecake, molten chocolate lava cake)
- $135 per adult, $60 per child
bluezoo - dinner
- 5:00-11:00pm Along with the regular menu, a Special New Year's Eve menu is available: Honey Brined Berkshire Pork Loin served with farro verde, organic vegetable, braised greens, smoked cippolinni onions, pork jus. $50 (tax and gratuity not included)
"Fantasia 2014" @ Epcot World ShowPlace
Price: $64.99 adults, $41.99 children ages 3-10 (tax and gratuity not included)
Close out the year at Epcot's World ShowPlace with a tribute to the film Fantasia. The buffet will feature soups, salads, deep-fried turkey breast, mahi mahi, pasta, assorted desserts and fresh fruit. Available from 4:30-10:30pm on New Year's Eve and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
Monsieur Paul 2014
The restaurant is offering a special 4-course meal that begins with champagne for $235 (plux tax and gratuity) and wine pairings can be added for $60. Reservations are taken from noon-6:30pm or 8:45-9:50pm by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
Atlantic Dance Hall @ Boardwalk (over 21 only)
Date: 12/31/13 (2014 info not yet released)
Time: 8:00 pm - 2:00 am
2013 Price: Standard Admission = $35 (gratuity not included)
VIP Admission = $75
Standard event admission includes celebrating with a Video DJ on the main dance floor, a free champagne toast to ring in 2014 and "party favors." Additional beverages will be available for purchase from three bars.
VIP admission includes everything provided with standard admission plus entrance into the 2nd Floor VIP area (includes seating, complimentary desserts and coffee from 9:00 - 12:00, and access to a private balcony for viewing of Illuminations).
Dress: Business casual or formal.
- List of Walt Disney World smoking areas updated - The list of smoking areas in the parks, water parks and Downtown Disney has been updated.
- Outdoor Kitchen menus for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - Food and beverage kiosks are set up around World Showcase. These Outdoor Kitchens are themed to reflect each nation and offer a taste of the culture.
- 3 Things We’d Been Missing at the Magic Kingdom...Until Now - “You’re going again? Don’t you get bored? How can there be anything left to do?” Our answer is always no and yes. No, we’re not bored and yes, there are still things left to do.
- Backstage Tales begins today at Animal Kingdom - Taking place at the Animal Kingdom, guests will head backstage to check out the park's Veterinary Hospital, housing for animals and the Animal Nutrition Center.
- Egg-Stravaganza Easter egg hunt back for the second year - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot. When you've completed your map, return it for a special surprise!
- March merchandise events at Walt Disney World - Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings to be held around Walt Disney World in March.
- Blog - Magic Kingdom February Construction Update
- Backstage Safari tour ends today; the new Backstage Tales tour will begin March 1 - The new tour will be offered daily.
- New menu items added at Raglan Road - These have been released just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- Dates announced for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Tickets will go on sale in April.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates announced; tickets on sale in April - Dates are available in September-November.
- Magic Kingdom resorts test direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon - As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same.
- Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean to be closed for the summer - The ride will be closed from 5/11 - 9/25/2015.
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Raglan Road's Mighty Festival: St Patrick's Week to be held March 13-17 - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, classic Irish food and drinks, face painting and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- WonderGround Gallery expands at Marketplace Co-Op - In early March, the WonderGround Gallery will expand into the area occupied by Beautifully Disney makeup.
- New menu items available at Downtown Disney's Fantasy Fare food truck - The food trucks are all located in Exposition Park, between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- ESPN's Mike and Mike show celebrates 15th anniversary with live broadcast - The live show will take place March 6, 2015 at the Waterside Stage, Downtown Disney Marketplace from 6:00-10:00am.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Blog - Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increased - As expected, a Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 per day.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 7: Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 6: Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
- List of several new drinks planned for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 5: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 4: Disney's Beach Club Resort
- List of sample menu items from this year's upcoming Flower and Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- 2015 Star Wars Weekends info and artwork released - More info still to come.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released