Planning Disney with Kids
Babysitting Services -
Kid’s Nite Out Caregivers can provide one-on-one in-room
childcare in the comfort of your Walt Disney World Resort
room or can just hang out with your family if you need
a father’s/mother’s helper.
Birthday Parties If you’re looking for a special way to celebrate your child’s birthday, you have a number of options to choose from at Disney World.
Child Activity Centers - Children’s Activity Centers are designed especially for kids who are potty trained and between 4 and 12 years of age. Your child will enjoy games and activities while you enjoy some Disney grown-up fun!
Height Requirements Calculator - The database
will generate a list of nearly all the attractions that
will have restrictions for your child.
Touring the Magic Kingdom with Small Children We made an extensive survey of wait times at the Magic Kingdom during the recent holidays. We have analyzed the wait-time results and have developed a touring strategy for seeing the most possible with the least amount of time spent waiting in lines.
Oh, Baby! Taking Your Little One to Disney The first thing new parents do when they meet their beautiful new baby is count all the impossibly tiny fingers and toes…and then plan a trip to Disney, of course. Well, maybe that isn't exactly how it goes, but chances are at some point as a parent, the urge hits to take your kids to a Disney park and watch them experience the magic for the first time. The question becomes: When? How young is too young?
- My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party
- Once Upon A Time Breakfast with Cinderella
- The Princess Storybook Breakfast
- Cinderella’s Gala Feast
- Wonderland Tea Party
Character Dining - The "Princess Storybook Breakfast" with Disney princesses and friends, “Once Upon A Time” at Magic Kingdom Park, Cinderella’s Gala Feast at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and more.
Pirate Cruise Any child who has ever dreamed of being part of a pirate adventure will enjoy this recent venture by the Grand Floridian Recreation team.
Following the popularity of Downtown Disney's Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, a second salon has opened in Cinderella's Castle. This salon caters to children ages 3 and up (with no maximum age limit.)
- COACH: Hair style and shimmering makeup - $53.20 with tax
- CROWN: Hair style, shimmering makeup and nails - $58.53 with tax
- CASTLE: Hair style, shimmering makeup and nails plus full Princess costume with accessories and photo package (one 6x8 and four 4x6 pix) - starts at $202.30 with tax
- COOL DUDE: Hair style, colored gels and a Mickey stencil - $7.50 (w/o tax)
The hairstyle choices are Disney Diva, Fairytale Princess or Pop Princess. All packages include a sash.
For the "prince" the Cool Dude look includes hair gel with confetti.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has 11 chairs and is open from 8:00am till 7:00pm. (Hours may vary should a special event be scheduled.)
Since the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is located in the Magic Kingdom, theme park admission is required.
SECRET STAR MAKEOVER (HANNAH MONTANA) PACKAGE ONLY AT DOWNTOWN DISNEY BOUTIQUE
Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-STYLE or by contacting your Dreams Unlimited Travel Specialist.
Have you ever wanted to be a pirate? Well, now you've got the opportunity! In the Magic Kingdom next to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, a new adventure is available for fulfilling your pirate dreams. In just about an hour, you can transform yourself into a pirate (or empress) complete with a new pirate name and a bag of pirate booty.
There are 2 packages available - each includes a sword and sheath, earring and eye patch, tattoo, pirate coin necklace, choice of 5 "facial effects," a reversible bandana, and a personalized pirate oath!
The First Mate Package at $29.95 plus tax also includes:
- Choice of 5 "Facial Effects"
- Fake Teeth
Empress Package at $29.95 plus tax also includes:
- Shimmering Makeup Makeover
- Face Gem
- Nail Polish
Additional pirate costumes for this package are available for purchase at The Pirates League. If you have the portrait photo taken at the Pirates League and purchased through the League you can have the photo added to a Photopass card. You can also have them added to a Photopass card at Exposition Hall or online. If you didn't purchase the photo at the Pirates League, you can't have the photo added to the Photopass card.
Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-CREW. Theme park admission is required. This is open 7 days a week from 9 am- 4 pm. Ages 3 and up (adults welcome too).
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Blog - Review: Epcot After Hours Wind Down
- Registration opens for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon - Registration spots for the races fill up quickly. If you know for sure you want to participate in one of the events, we recommend you register as soon as possible.
- Happy 16th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom - Disney's Animal Kingdom opened on April 22, 1998 - Earth Day.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet moves to Magic Kingdom today - These popular princesses will no longer be seen in Epcot's Norway pavilion.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Today Show to film at Universal Orlando on Friday
- James Cameron pleased with Disney's Avatar Land design
- Disney one of the world's most disappointing destinations?
- Universal Orlando painters sent to hospital
- Kickstarter campaign hopes to raise money for "Dark Side of Disney" film
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival