Father’s Day is coming right up around the corner and today, we’re sharing some ways that you can celebrate dad at the Walt Disney World Resort as well as some great, limited-time offers you can take advantage of!
- Enjoy a free beer at Morimoto Asia
Dine at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs and relax with a complimentary pint of Crooked Can Brewing Company’s finest Barrel Breaker Lager, free with the purchase of an entrée. Featuring a dry, clean, and crisp aroma with low bittering hops, the light bodied Barrel Breaker is as refreshing as it is flavorful. With a conservative ABV of 5.34% and only 11 IBU’s, this golden colored, cold-conditioned seasonal offering is easy and approachable to drink due to the Pilsner malt used in the brewing process.
- Coca-Cola Store at Disney Springs is kicking off the celebration early and offering a Style My Coke Father’s Day Bottle for visiting guests. This one-of-a-kind gift will only be available during the week of June 11.
- Travel to Pandora – The World of AVATAR
Take Dad on a journey through Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s newest expansion: Pandora – The World of Avatar. After experiencing the attractions, Na’vi River Journey and AVATAR Flight of Passage, head over to Windtraders, a themed retail offering in this mystical new land. There, Dad can create his personal Avatar at the ACE Avatar Maker experience. The guest is photographed and then a unique reveal will present the guest with their personalized avatar figure, which is roughly 12 inches tall. There are male, female and young child options to choose from along with accessory kits to customize their personal figure.
- Vintage Amphicar Tour Water Taxi Tours at The BOATHOUSE is offering the chance to treat your father to a memory of a lifetime when you book a captain-guided tour of Lake Buena Vista aboard a vintage Amphicar. To celebrate Father’s Day, you’ll receive $25 off the price of a tour and a free family photo when you purchase an experience from June 16 through June 19.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party
After a day exploring the parks, treat Dad to an epic show and dessert with Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This galactic party features a selection of specialty drinks and tasty sweets before the grand fireworks display begins. After tasty, out-of-this-world desserts, enjoy the show in a special viewing area. Tickets can be purchased online. Park admission is not included.
- STK Orlando – On June 18th, STK Orlando is featuring a special menu featuring a 70-day Dry Aged Prime New York Strip with House Tater Tots, scallions, and bourbon-peppercorn sauce. You can also enjoy the New York Strip menu topped with a Lake Meadow Farm Egg for brunch. On Father’s Day, dads receive one complimentary POP-sicle (Bourbon in a champagne glass with an orange bitters ice cube) in addition to a special takeaway gift.
- Ride the Waves at Typhoon Lagoon
Dad can learn how to master the waves at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park with private surfing lessons. Instructors teach participants everything from standing on a surfboard to riding the waves in the park’s large wave pool. The 2.5 hour classes are small, with a maximum of 12 people per session to ensure the best experience. Participants must be age 8 or older to learn to ride the waves. Reservations can only be booked at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Private Surf site.
- Paddlefish – On June 18th, you can share a special surf & turf meal with dad. The meal features a 20-ounce Porterhouse, jumbo gulf shrimp, and a double stuffed potato paired with a glass of cabernet sauvignon, and red velvet cake for dessert.
- Sail the Seven Seas on the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage
Ahoy Mateys! This swashbuckling cruise across Seven Seas Lagoon is perfect for Dad and his little mates. Captain Hook and Mr. Smee from Disney’s Peter Pan make appearances as the ship sets sail. Departing from Disney’s Contemporary Resort, this voyage offers snacks, beverages, and pirate fun, all leading up to a great view of Magic Kingdom’s newest nighttime fireworks and projection spectacular, Happily Ever After. Pirates will also get a view of the colorful Electrical Water Pageant as it cruises along the lagoon. Call (407) 939-7529 for reservations.
- Boat around at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Try a different kind of aquatic adventure with Dad over at Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Guests can rent kayaks or canoes to explore the streams and ponds across resort property. Guests must be 18 or older to rent watercraft. Rentals can be made at The Bike Barn at the Meadow Recreation Area. Rent kayaks and canoes for $13 an hour, open daily.
- Senses – A Disney Spa Activation at Marketplace Co-Op – From June 16-18, bring dad by for massages and facials from noon-9 p.m. Prices start at $20 and include a complimentary brew at the bar inside Twenty Eight & Main at Marketplace Co-Op (Additional beverages sold separately. Spa Appointments made on a first-come, first-served basis.)
- Take a Swing at Miniature Golf
Home to three professional golf courses, Walt Disney World Resort also features four miniature golf courses. Take Dad for a whimsical round of golf at Disney’s Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf Course, located near Epcot. This course features 18 holes, each themed to a different part of the classic film Fantasia. Fantasia Gardens also offers Fairways, a more challenging, 18-hole course. Christmas comes early at the Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course located next to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park. Winter Summerland features two unique 18 hole courses, one themed to a traditional winter Christmas with giant peppermints and snowflakes, while the other is a summer wonderland, complete with sand castles and tunes from the Beach Boys.
- Fishing on Bay Lake
Even sports fishermen’s dreams really do come true at the Walt Disney World Resort, where trophy-sized largemouth bass in the 14-pound range sometimes lurk in lakes and canals almost within casting distance of Cinderella Castle. But this fish story gets even better: “Wannabe” sports fishermen’s dreams also come true. On fishing excursions led by expert bass guides, guests with lots of experience — or with little or no fishing experience — can all enjoy the exhilarating thrill of a feisty largemouth “striking.”
- Toast Dad at the Biergarten Restaurant
Enjoy a German feast and tunes at this restaurant located in the heart of Epcot’s Germany Pavilion in the World Showcase. Biergarten promises all the fun, food, music, and drink found at a traditional German Biergarten during Oktoberfest. Dad can polka on the dance floor, enjoy savory bratwurst and toast with a mug of beer at this lively dining location. Reservations can be made online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
- Strike out at Splitsville Luxury Lanes
Take dad out to a night of good old-fashioned bowling in a retro, vintage-style venue on the West Side at Disney Springs. This trendy, two-level location features 30 lanes, plus live entertainment, a balcony bar, and a variety of upscale dining options with all dad’s favorites such as filet sliders, pizza, and even sushi.
- Explore the Savannah on Wild Africa Trek
This African expedition experience is just right for dads with an adventurous spirit, and there’s no passport required. At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, dad can explore exotic African wildlife in a natural habitat on a privately guided, three-hour journey through a savannah. Wild Africa Trek also invites trekkers to a serene, savannah-view overlook while enjoying African-inspired food and beverage. Wild Africa Trek is $189 to $249 per person, plus tax (prices vary based on season). The tour can be booked by calling (407) WDW-TOUR and is not included with Disney’s Animal Kingdom admission.
- Stomp your feet at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Enjoy a family-friendly, high-energy hootenanny and a finger lickin’ good feast at this vaudeville review-style dinner show located in the heart of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The Pioneer Hall Players have been entertaining audiences at Fort Wilderness since 1971, promising a rollicking (and delicious) time. This two-hour Wild West themed comedy will have Dad laughing in between bites of endless fried chicken, corn bread and more. Reservations can be made online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Here are some limited-time offers from some of the Disney Springs retailers you can take advantage of as well:
- Sprinkles – Beginning June 11 through June 18, you can say “thank you” with the Sprinkles DAD box! Salty Caramel, Red Velvet, Black and White, Vanilla Milk Chocolate. The cupcakes have Sprinkles stars and DAD sugar decorations.
- Tommy Bahama – To celebrate Father’s Day, for every $175 you spend from now through June 18, 2017, you’ll receive a $50 Award* to use on any purchase their stores, or purchase of $100 or more in their restaurants or at tommybahama.com. *Your $50 Flip Side Award is good on purchases made between June 19 – July 16, 2017.
- United World Soccer – On June 17 and June 18, you’ll receive 20% off an adult/youth full-priced Jersey bundle for Father’s Day. Discount applies to the customization add-on as well.
- UGG – For Father’s Day week at UGG, you can receive a free leather money clip with any purchase of men’s product beginning on June 11 – June 18.
- Sublime Gifts & Finds – Enjoy 15% off all “Dad Books” by Compendium Publishers from June 11 through June 18. Give your Dad a gift of the stories you share, written in your own words. When you’re finished, the book will be a keepsake.
- Johnston & Murphy – If you buy one pair of pants or shirt for Dad, you’ll receive half off the 2nd item now through Father’s Day – June 18.
- Columbia – Now through June 18, you’ll receive 25% off “almost everything” in the store to celebrate Father’s Day.
- The Ganachery – Now through Father’s Day, you can enjoy a pairing of chipotle ganache and Knob Creek bourbon at a discounted price.
- Disney’s Days of Christmas/The Art of Disney/Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories – You can find great gifts to personalize for Father’s Day 2017, included wood and metal frame engraving, personalized ornaments, and father/son themed sketches.
There are lots of fun things to do at Walt Disney World for Father’s Day and this list is just a start. Whatever you choose to do, we hope you and your family have a great time and that all the dads out there have a Happy Father’s Day!