Star Wars: Rivals is set to be the first real-time action shooter for the franchise that is only available on mobile devices. The game will allow players to control iconic characters and battle in memorable locations, all spanning multiple eras of Star Wars history.
Gameplay for Rivals is described as “rooted in cover-based PvP skirmishes where players build the ultimate team to challenge opponents in combat arenas.”
Here is what mobile users can expect when the game becomes available:
- Multiplayer PvP Arenas – Real time combat arenas let you compete cross-platform, so you’ll be able to blast owners of multiple styles of mobile device. Familiar locations like Scarif, Jakku, and the Death Star may be used to your advantage, and your team members may be swapped mid-game.
- Legendary Characters – As you advance through Arena Leagues you’ll acquire useful and recognizable heroes and villains from the Star Wars universe. Players will gain bonuses by defeating a character using their Star Wars rival, eg., taking down Boba fett with Han Solo.
- Unique Powers and Weapons – If you are using Star Wars characters to fight in Star Wars environments, they better be doing it in Star Wars style! Players will have access to unique character weapons and abilities like Chewbacca’s bowcaster or Darth Vader’s force choke.
- Guild Play – The multiplayer game will naturally feature guilds, so players can strategize with each other on a massive scale.
- Pre-Registration Bonus – Those who pre-register will have exclusive access to special support characters. For Google Play customers: “Available for a limited time at launch, death troopers (Rogue One‘s black-armor clad elite Imperial forces) fight alongside players in PvP skirmishes using advanced weaponry to lay down cover fire.” For App Store Customers: “Exclusive access to Rebel Special Forces (SpecForces) support units for a limited time when the game launches. The SpecForces are the most elite soldiers the Rebellion has to offer, fighting alongside the players in skirmishes and restoring health on the battlefield.”
Star Wars: Rivals is already available for pre-registration.