Disney had a major presentation in store for CineEurope, the film conference/trade-show that is currently taking place in Barcelona. Many of Disney’s upcoming projects were highlighted with clips and sneak-peeks, and there was a noticeable absence of coverage for one of their films that is currently making headlines.
Here is a breakdown of what Disney brought to the table in Barcelona this year:
From Star Wars:
- Director Ryan Johnson had a special message for Star Wars fans before showing the newest trailer for The Last Jedi
From Disney’s live-action films:
- An A Wrinkle in Time video was introduced by Ava Duvernay, Oprah Winfrey and Reese Witherspoon
- A sneak-peek of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms with Keira Knightly and Helen Mirren
- A sneak-peek of Mary Poppins Returns starring Emily Blunt
- Exclusive clips from Thor: Ragnarok
- Some behind the scenes looks at Black Panther
- A quick glimpse at Ant-Man and the Wasp
- A video with Kevin Feige promoting Avengers: Infinity War
From Disney Animation:
- A sneak-peek at Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck it Ralph 2
- A look at The Incredibles 2
- A segment on Pixar’s upcoming Coco to close out the show. Adrian Molina (screenplay) and Darla Anderson (producer) showed the audience artwork and first looks of the film.
One upcoming Disney film that was not heavily focused on was the in-production Star Wars Han Solo feature. Although it is nearing the end of filming, the project just lost directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller. An announcement of their replacement, of which there are a few rumors, did not occur at CineEurope.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Image: Film Expo Group, CineEurope 2017