Last month, we shared some details on how guests can get involved with celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. One of the items mentioned were the Tiffins Talks; special hard-ticket dining offerings that will take place on select nights during Party for the Planet from April 22 to May 5.
Tiffins Talks are private, four-course dining experiences that will provide guests with the opportunity to enjoy specialty food and beverages that will go along with the topics shared by animal and conservation expert speakers. Each individual offering will highlight an expert who has helped with the creation of Disney’s Animal Kingdom as we know it today.
Below is the schedule as it stands now, but it is important to keep in mind that speakers are subject to change for any reason without notice:
- Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal, and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
- Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
- Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
- Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
Tiffins Talks are now available to book online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
The offerings are priced at $165 per person (tax and gratuity included). Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park admission is required but not included in the price of Tiffins Talks.
Source: Disney Parks Blog