Disney Cruise Line has just announced a fabulous new lineup of Broadway stars that will entertain guests this summer onboard some of their ships! Theatrical stars from Disney’s Broadway and international shows are joining in on most European cruises aboard the Disney Magic and select voyages aboard the Disney Wonder and Disney Fantasy.
The new lineup will feature talent such as Kevin Massey who played the leading role in the Broadway production of Tarzan and his wife Kara Lindsay from the original cast of Newsies. Broadway fans might recognize names like Steve Blanchard – the longest running Beast on Broadway – and Alton Fitzgerald White – the longest running Mufasa on Broadway.
“Each performer’s show in the Walt Disney Theatre is unique, showcasing his or her diverse theatrical repertoire and personal journey to Broadway. Other fun events throughout the cruise may include a chance to personally meet the star at a Q&A session, a late-night show just for adults, a theater class for teens and tweens and more.”
Take a look at the list of Broadway stars sailing throughout the summer; you may even recognize some of them from the Epcot International Festival of the Arts that made its debut back in January of this year:
- June 28: Steve Blanchard (Beauty and the Beast, Newsies) & Meredith Inglesby (Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Newsies)
- July 9: Alton Fitzgerald White (The Lion King)
- July 21: Michelle Mallardi (Beauty and the Beast)
- July 28: Heidi Blickenstaff (The Little Mermaid)
- August 12: Kevin Massey (Tarzan) & Kara Lindsay (Newsies)
- August 19 & 26: Kerry Butler (Beauty and the Beast)
- September 2: Pamela Kashani (Beauty and the Beast)
- September 9: Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
- September 16: Scarlett Strallen (Mary Poppins)
- June 17: Alton Fitzgerald White (The Lion King)
- June 28: Kissy Simmons (The Lion King)
- October 27: Jenn Gambatese (Tarzan)
If you’re planning on being on any of these cruises, don’t miss the entertainment by these talented Broadway performers!
Source: Disney Parks Blog