If you have partaken in any pop-culture at all in the past decade, chances are you’ve enjoyed something Marvel. Given that, and Disney’s present ownership of the company, it should come as no surprise that this year’s D23 Expo will include quite a few things for Marvel fans to enjoy. The 2017 D23 Expo will feature Marvel presentations, a Marvel Studios pavilion, and even some Marvel related gaming. Here is a brief rundown of what is in store, should you be traveling to the Expo this year.
- Cup o’ Joe (presentation): Chief Creative Officer of Marvel Joe Quesada will hold a “no-holds-barred panel on everything Marvel”. This will take place Friday, July 14th at 1:15 pm on stage at the D23 Expo Arena.
- Marvel Animation Panel (presentation): On Friday, July 14th on Stage 28 at 6:00 pm Marvel Animation has a few things in store for fans. The panel promises “sneak peeks, special guests, exclusive footage, and big announcements about the future of Marvel Animation.”
- Marvel Studios Pavilion: Over the course of the Expo fans will get a closer look at some Marvel Studios content and the ability to participate in giveaways and events. Props, new costumes, and even exclusive photo ops will be there in promotion of the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok. Costumes from the highly anticipated Black Panther will be present for guests of the Expo to enjoy. The prizes for the giveaways and events will even include “a chance to meet with Marvel Studios’ filmmakers, development team, and talent.”
- Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 (game): Sequel to the first Lego Marvel Superheroes, this game will allow guests to play as their favorite Marvel icons with the immensely fun Lego-style gameplay. As the D23 Expo site describes it: “Bringing together iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, along with signature LEGO humor, the latest epic adventure from TT Games transports players into a cosmic battle across myriad Marvel locations ripped from time and space into the incredible open hub world of Chronopolis.”
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (game): The latest in the incredibly successful Marvel vs. Capcom series, Infinite will be present at the Expo to give fans the chance to go head-to-head with the long roster of Marvel and Capcom characters.
- Marvel Heroes Omega (game): Gazillion is giving attendees the chance to play this combination of Action RPGs (role playing games) and MMOs (Massive Multiplayer Online games) for a chance to win prizes. The new game is, of course, centered on characters from the Marvel Universe.
- MARVEL: Future Fight (game): The Netmarble booth will host this game, which features 120 Marvel Heroes for guests to combine in teams.
- Marvel Puzzle Quest (game): A match-3 style puzzle game for phone, tablet, or PC, Marvel Puzzle Quest “combines favorite Marvel characters with deep RPG leveling, player-vs-player tournaments, Alliances, and much more.”
No one can say D23 didn’t think of Marvel fans when designing this year’s activities. Keep checking in with us for all your much needed updates as we await the 2017 D23 Expo. The Expo runs from July 14th – July 16th.