A new group of characters was introduced in one of the Incredibles 2 movie posters and we’re learning that they are called “Wannabe” Supers.
The upcoming sequel will reacquaint viewers with the well-known faces of the Parr family, Frozone, and Edna Mode, but there are a plethora of new faces to look forward to as well.
At the 2017 D23 Expo, we learned that 25 new superheroes would make their debut in Incredibles 2. The trailers we’ve seen so far have kept a distinct focus on members of the Parr family and their respective storylines (Helen at work; Bob at home); these “Wannabe” Supers have been kept hidden as the film’s release date rapidly approaches. While these other Supers haven’t made an appearance in the trailers that have been released so far, we do have an image of six of them to share.
- Voyd is a young, overeager mega-fan of Elastigirl. Her superpower is the ability to divert and manipulate objects around her by creating a void that allows the objects to appear and disappear. She’s voiced by Sophia Bush.
- Brick is super tough with mega muscles and a fearless spirit that showcases her strong name.
- Reflux is a senior who has the unsettling superpower of heaving hot lava, which helps him break into some of the most secure locales.
- Krushauer has the power of telekinesis. He can crush a car without even laying a hand on it.
- Screech sports big owl-like eyes and a head that rotates 360 degrees. He can fly, thanks to a pair of wings he made to complete his look, but his real power is a high-pitched screech that can break glass.
- He-Lectrix can shoot lightning bolts from his fingertips. He’s high voltage, so it’s best to steer clear.
Screen Rant confirms that during a press conference which took place earlier this month, “Voyd was compared to an over-affectionate dog to illustrate how she loves Elastigirl a little too much.” With Helen Parr being “the new star employee at DevTech, she may be tasked with showing some of the ‘Wannabes’ the ropes, perhaps taking on an apprentice or two as part of her responsibilities.”
The Incredibles 2 arrives in theatres June 15, 2018.
Source: Screen Rant