UPDATE 4/9/17: This event has completely sold out.
Walt Disney World has announced a new hard-ticket Star Wars-themed event that will take place April 14, 2017. “Star Wars: Galactic Nights” will take place from 7pm-midnight and will include a variety of activities for the whole family.
This movie-premiere-style party will “celebrate 40 years of the Greatest Saga Ever Told.” Guests can wear Star-Wars themed costumes and clothing while they “walk the red carpet toward an intergalactic introduction.”
Some of the other activities planned include:
- Rebel Base Activities – Hosted shows, dance parties and more taking place in the center of the park
- Inside the Saga: Celebrity Chat Show – Hosted in Epic Theater, you can learn about the making of the Star Wars films from this celebrity chat show.
- Photo ops – Star Wars backdrops will be available, including Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
- Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – Star Wars celebrities will parade down Hollywood Blvd.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – The Dark Side will arrive, with stormtroopers led down Hollywood Blvd. by Darth Vader. Captain Phasma will lead in a unit of First Order stormtroopers.
- Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt – Collect themed pieces at the photo backdrops around the park, and reveal a surprise when they’ve all been collected.
- Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away – A mix of movie clips and characters on the event stage.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – The Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular will light up the night.
There will be character meet and greets, roaming droids, Star Wars-themed foods, and special merchandise. Many of the park’s attractions will remain open during the event:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- The Great Movie Ride
- Muppet-Vision 3D
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Tickets are $124 for children (3-9) and $129 for adults, plus tax. Purchase tickets here or call 407-827-7036.