When this time of year rolls around, you could be forgiven for thinking that all of Disney’s holiday magic goes to their parks. You’d be wrong though, as this time of year also brings Very Merrytime Cruises to Disney Cruise Line ships.
Disney recently highlighted some of the ways you and your family can put the “sea” into “season’s greetings”. Here is what you can look forward to on your 2017 yuletide voyage:
- Deck the Deck with Mickey and Friends – No one said Christmas cheer and a laid back tropical attitude can’t mix. Guests can join Mickey and other beloved Disney characters for limbo, hula hooping, and dancing.
- Holiday Atmosphere in the Atrium – Guests will be treated to Christmas songs, a tree lighting ceremony, visits from Mr. and Mrs. Claus, and Frozen‘s Anna and Elsa.
- Seasonal Meals and Beverages – Not only will guests get to experience festive food and beverages throughout their trip, but special meals for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day will also be available. Specialty teas and coffees will also have a large presence during throughout voyage.
- Cruise Ship Carolers – Dickens-inspired carolers will be making through way through the decks, and children will be invited to join them in a “special farewell show”.
- Christmas Crafts – Like elves in Santa’s workshop, there are plenty of opportunities to craft with your family. Making holiday cards, creating stockings, and even building your own gingerbread house are all an option. Each ship will include its own life-sized edible gingerbread house as well.
- Castaway Cay Activities – You’ll even be treated to events off-shore, as Disney promises “holiday island music, a special Christmas tree, Disney characters in their tropical holiday attire and even ‘snow’ flurries!”
Need a hand planning your winter getaway? Visit Dreams Unlimited Travel for planning information and a free, no obligation quote.
Source/Images: Disney Parks Blog