16 gluten-free dishes added at Downtown Disney's Splitsville Luxury LanesLeah Zanolla | Posted: Nov 5, 2013 | Updated: Nov 5, 2013 - 2:46:12 PM
Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Downtown Disney has added 16 new gluten-free items to their menu" Splitsville co-founder Mark Gibson discusses the changes: "We considered a separate menu, but decided to integrate the gluten-free dishes into the regular menu. So many of our guests are eating gluten-free these days, we wanted our feature 'GF' items to have great flavor and appeal - we didn't want to simply reconstruct existing dishes. It's now regarded as a better-for-you choice rather than just an option for those with gluten intolerance, and we wanted our menu to reflect this dietary trend with diversity and flavor."
All of the new items have a "GF" symbol next to them on the menu. Chef Patrick Steele designed the menu, making sure that everything was allergen-free, yet still delicious at the same time. Some of the new menu items include:
- Rice bowls: Sticky rice topped with your choice of fiesta chicken, steak fajita, Asian shrimp or spicy veggies.
- Pizza: gluten-free thin crust, fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella and a choice of "GF" toppings.
- Gluten-free sushi rolls: one example is The Alberto - Spicy tuna and avocado rolled in thinly sliced cucumber and served with lemon ponzu sauce.
- Blazing Chicken: Chicken tenderloins in spicy Buffalo sauce
- Steamed edamame and seared ahi tuna, also available as a salad with spring mix and Asian pear dressing
- Turkey BLT salad: lettuce, roasted turkey, avocado, tomatoes, bacon, red onion and blue cheese
- Blackened mahi mahi with spicy voodoo shrimp
- Grilled salmon with mango chutney, fresh broccoli and sushi rice
Daily Email DIS Updates
Stay Informed With All Things Disney!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email – including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS