16 gluten-free dishes added at Downtown Disney's Splitsville Luxury Lanes
Nov 5, 2013
Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Downtown Disney has added 16 new gluten-free items to their menu" Splitsville co-founder Mark Gibson discusses the changes: "We considered a separate menu, but decided to integrate the gluten-free dishes into the regular menu. So many of our guests are eating gluten-free these days, we wanted our feature 'GF' items to have great flavor and appeal - we didn't want to simply reconstruct existing dishes. It's now regarded as a better-for-you choice rather than just an option for those with gluten intolerance, and we wanted our menu to reflect this dietary trend with diversity and flavor."
All of the new items have a "GF" symbol next to them on the menu. Chef Patrick Steele designed the menu, making sure that everything was allergen-free, yet still delicious at the same time. Some of the new menu items include:
- Rice bowls: Sticky rice topped with your choice of fiesta chicken, steak fajita, Asian shrimp or spicy veggies.
- Pizza: gluten-free thin crust, fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella and a choice of "GF" toppings.
- Gluten-free sushi rolls: one example is The Alberto - Spicy tuna and avocado rolled in thinly sliced cucumber and served with lemon ponzu sauce.
- Blazing Chicken: Chicken tenderloins in spicy Buffalo sauce
- Steamed edamame and seared ahi tuna, also available as a salad with spring mix and Asian pear dressing
- Turkey BLT salad: lettuce, roasted turkey, avocado, tomatoes, bacon, red onion and blue cheese
- Blackened mahi mahi with spicy voodoo shrimp
- Grilled salmon with mango chutney, fresh broccoli and sushi rice