Disney Annual Passholders not able to access website for Fantasyland previewsLeah Zanolla | Posted: Oct 16, 2012 | Updated: Oct 16, 2012 - 10:15:29 PM
Disney fans have taken to social media outlets this week to discuss their disdain for Disney's IT department.
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders were told that last Monday, October 8, they would be able to sign up for a special preview for the New Fantasyland in November. That morning, passholders received an email stating, "We are experiencing technical difficulties with the Annual Passholder New Fantasyland preview sign-ups that have made it necessary to delay the sign-up date one week."
On October 15, passholders got online at the appointed time and were met with slow servers, pages not loading and the site asking for their pass numbers to be entered again. After much frustration, a message was added to the Passholder website stating that there were technical difficulties and that the sign-up would reopen later that evening. On the evening of the 15th, a lucky few were able to sign up for their desired preview time, but more often than not, guests were again met with pages not loading, the site kicking them off, and then ultimately, the message stating that previews were full.
Today, passholders received an email stating the following:
"We are aware that you may have experienced challenges while trying to sign up for a New Fantasyland preview earlier this week. We understand how precious your time is and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
The demand for New Fantasyland has exceeded even our expectations and we are working quickly to create additional preview opportunities. We expect to be able to provide more details by the middle of next week via email, as well as at www.disneyworld.com/passholder and on our Disney World Passholders Facebook page.
We value the special relationship we have with you as a Passholder and want to assure you that we are committed to making every experience you have with us the best it can possibly be."
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS