Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour partyby Leah Zanolla
Feb 28, 2014
Disney Parks took to Twitter this morning to announce an all-night party coming to the theme parks this May. The announcement started overnight with a tweet that read, "What's the most fun you can have with 140 characters? Check back later this morning for a special #DisneySide announcement." Eight hours later, a picture of a hashtag formed by 140 Disney characters was accompanied by this text: "140 Disney Characters invite you to an All-Night #DisneySide Party on both coasts."
The Rock Your Disney Side 24-hour kickoff to summer will begin at 6:00am on May 23 and end at 6:00am on May 24 at Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, and Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. This will be the third time the parks have stayed open for 24 hours; the first was "One More Disney Day" for Leap Day in 2012 and the second was "Monstrous Summer" over Memorial Day Weekend in 2013. Both events proved to be extremely popular, as this one surely will be as well. The Disney Parks Blog says the party "will feature a cavalcade of events showcasing the good-vs.-evil of classic Disney stories including character meet-and-greets throughout the parks, special entertainment, event merchandise and special food and beverage offerings."
Disney is encouraging guests to show their "Disney Side" by dressing up as their favorite Disney hero or villain. Through March 31, guests will even have a chance to win a coast-to-coast trip to attend the event at both Disney parks. The Rock Your Disney Side event is not a hard-ticketed party; it will be included with your regular park admission.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney? - Do you prefer to take more frequent shorter trips or long trips less often?
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS