Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour partyby Leah Zanolla
Feb 28, 2014
Disney Parks took to Twitter this morning to announce an all-night party coming to the theme parks this May. The announcement started overnight with a tweet that read, "What's the most fun you can have with 140 characters? Check back later this morning for a special #DisneySide announcement." Eight hours later, a picture of a hashtag formed by 140 Disney characters was accompanied by this text: "140 Disney Characters invite you to an All-Night #DisneySide Party on both coasts."
The Rock Your Disney Side 24-hour kickoff to summer will begin at 6:00am on May 23 and end at 6:00am on May 24 at Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, and Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. This will be the third time the parks have stayed open for 24 hours; the first was "One More Disney Day" for Leap Day in 2012 and the second was "Monstrous Summer" over Memorial Day Weekend in 2013. Both events proved to be extremely popular, as this one surely will be as well. The Disney Parks Blog says the party "will feature a cavalcade of events showcasing the good-vs.-evil of classic Disney stories including character meet-and-greets throughout the parks, special entertainment, event merchandise and special food and beverage offerings."
Disney is encouraging guests to show their "Disney Side" by dressing up as their favorite Disney hero or villain. Through March 31, guests will even have a chance to win a coast-to-coast trip to attend the event at both Disney parks. The Rock Your Disney Side event is not a hard-ticketed party; it will be included with your regular park admission.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books
- How Disney saved my life after my child lost hers
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Neil Patrick Harris to co-host World of Color: Celebrate! - Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will host the new World of Color: Celebrate! when it opens May 22nd.
- Disneyland Resort ticket prices increase - Disneyland ticket prices have increased as expected, but the elimination of most parking ad-ons was a surprise.
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
More Info DISNEYLAND HOTELS
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS