Expansion planned for Disney's Aulani Resort in HawaiiLeah Zanolla | Posted: Jul 26, 2012 | Updated: Jul 27, 2012 - 10:27:29 AM
Even though Disney's Aulani Resort and Spa in Hawaii opened less than a year ago, in August of 2011, it is already being expanded to better accommodate their guests. Beginning in mid-September and lasting through the middle of 2013, there are several changes coming to the tropic resort. One of the most noticeable changes will be the completion of the final phase of the resort which will add two additional towers, greatly expanding the number of guest rooms and villas.
The Waikolohe Valley pool area will be expanded with more water features and dining options. A new pool, toddler pool and interactive water play area will be added, along with 18,500 square feet of pool deck. Two new quick-service dining options will be added here. The Waikolohe Pool, the lazy river, slides, whirlpool spas, Rainbow Reef and Menehune Bridge will remain open during the expansion. Makai Preserve, the conservation pool hosting the stingray experience, will close permanently and the Wailana Pool and Wailana Bar will be closed during the expansion.
Starlit Hui, the resort's nighttime entertainment of dancers, musicians and singers, will move to a new location to allow more guests to participate. The show will be closed for one month during the move.
Makahiki, an open-air dining room, will add an overhead trellis and retractable awnings to the area. This will allow the outdoor area to provide more shaded seating and the character breakfast "Aunty's Breakfast Celebration" will expand from 3 days to six days a week. The experience will now be offered Tuesday-Sunday, with priority advance reservations for resort guests.
Some of the buildings' exteriors will be receiving some finishing touches, such as work on the decorative beam joints, resulting in scaffolding being noticeable around the resort.
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS