Military resource support group launches for Disney cast membersby Leah Zanolla
Jul 12, 2014
Disney has started a new diversity support group for their cast members at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland; the group launched in each location with a patriotic ceremony. The goals of the SALUTE group are to support cast members with military connections and to "help provide a military perspective that will enhance the cast and guest experience."
Disneyland offers six diversity resource groups to the cast; Walt Disney World offers seven. These groups share the "unique perspectives and contributions that diverse communities can offer."
The Disney Parks Blog shared the list of available groups and their goals:
- CastABLE: Promoting respect, equality and an appreciation of people with disabilities.
- COMPASS (Community of Pacific Islanders, Asians and Allies): Enhancing cast, guest and community relations through Asian and Pacific Islander cultural awareness and business practices.
- FAMILIES: Focusing on family-related interests. (Walt Disney World Resort only.)
- HOLA (Hispanic Organization for Leadership Advancement): Promoting Hispanic/Latino heritage and cultural exchange.
- PRIDE (People Respecting Individual Diversities in Everyone): Serving gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender cast members by providing resources, learning opportunities and a supportive network.
- PULSE (People United to Lead, Serve and Excel): Developing cultural, educational and professional opportunities for cast members of African heritage.
Walt Disney and his brother Roy were both in the armed forces in World War I - Walt served in the Ambulance Corps and Roy was in the Navy.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS