New Disney Junior show to debut exclusively on smartphone appLeah Zanolla | Posted: Oct 29, 2013 | Updated: Oct 29, 2013 - 4:36:37 PM
Disney Junior is debuting a new TV show next month, but this program will first be available exclusively through their app on iPads and iPhones. Sheriff Callie's Wild West will premiere November 24 for verified viewers on WatchDisneyJunior.com and on the app of the same name. The main character of the show is Callie, the "Calico cat sheriff who keeps peace in her frontier town of Nice and Friendly Corners by using a magic lasso and cowgirl common sense." Mandy Moore, who was also the voice of Rapunzel in the animated film Tangled, will voice Callie in the program designed for children aged 2 to 7.
Albert Cheng, executive vice president and chief product officer of digital media for Disney/ABC Television Group, said, "Interacting with smartphones and tablets is second nature to kids today. Our research shows tablets are among the fastest growing devices ever - more than half of households with kids now own a tablet, up over 40 percent in 2012. With the premiere of Sheriff Callie's Wild West on the Watch Disney Junior service, we are fulfilling our commitment to deliver high quality content experiences that either extend the life cycle of our shows or build new relationships with our audience across digital platforms that are increasingly important to them."
Kids will also be able to get to know Sheriff Callie online with coloring pages and crafts at DisneyJunior.com/SheriffCallie beginning November 18; a game, "Sheriff Callie's Wild Day" will be available in early January.
Daily Email DIS Updates
Stay Informed With All Things Disney!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email – including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS