Rumor: Did George Lucas confirm the return of Luke, Leia and Han?
| Posted: Mar 9, 2013 | Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
In an interview with Bloomberg Businessweek
, George Lucas appears to confirm that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will be returning for the newest Star Wars film, but quickly tries to retract his words. He says that he had already discussed the project with the three before Disney had even purchased Lucasfilm
. "We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison - or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, 'Look, this is what's going on" [with the sale of Lucasfilm]. When he seemingly realized what he had said, he then adds, "Maybe I'm not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them. I won't say whether the negotiations were successful or not." Since then, Lucas has had no comment on the film's casting.