Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveralby Leah Zanolla
Mar 23, 2014
Port Canaveral will soon have a new rental-car complex built near the Disney Cruise Line terminal. Port commissioners unanimously voted for the $2 million project and gave port staff permission to begin the process of finding car-rental companies to fill the building. There will be room for three car rental companies, 571 vehicle spaces, office space, a fueling station and a car wash. A project timeline has not yet been announced.
The location of the complex and its proximity to Port Canaveral will make it a convenient stop for cruise passengers. Payless Car Rental is currently the only car rental agency on the property and their franchise owner has expressed interest in moving to the new building.
Mike Meekins, senior director of cruise and port operations, says that this project has been talked about for a while and is something that car-rental companies have requested in the past. He hopes that the rental agencies' lease agreements will help generate revenue for the port.
Port Authority chairman Tom Weinberg says of the project, "It makes Port Canaveral that much more desirable a location to sail. It will be a win-win for the port and the rental companies on site, and a significant advantage for our passengers."
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
See AllDIS SITE UPDATES
- Can you take the heat? Going to Disney World in the summer
- Tables in Wonderland presents Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within Disney's Hollywood Studios
- VIDEO: Raptor Encounter at Islands of Adventure
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Residence Inn Maingate
- Volcano Bay water theme park coming to Universal Orlando in 2017
- New stage show for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Star Wars, Star What ?!?
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Knott's Berry Farm
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Sheraton Park
- Diamond Celebration Truffles at Disneyland Signature Restaurants
- New Epcot tour- World Showcase DestiNations Discovered
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - California Adventure
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Grand Californian
- Blog - I Can Go the Distance...Now That I've Processed My Race Deferral
- Harambe Market opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Universal Studios Hollywood
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Hilton Anaheim
- Hoypoloi closing at Downtown Disney 5/25/15
- Blog - Disneyland 60th Anniversary Merchandise "Sparkles" in Stores
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Howard Johnson Anaheim
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Downtown Anaheim
- VIDEO: Matterhorn Bobsleds POV with New Abominable Snowman
- 'Paint the Night' and 'Disneyland Forever' are HUGE hits for Disneyland
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Hotel
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Park
- 'Paint the Night' Full Nighttime Electrical Parade
- 'Disneyland Forever' Full Fireworks Show with Main Street Projections
- 'World of Color - Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney' debuts at Disney California Adventure
- VIDEO: 'World of Color - Celebrate' Information with Show Producer
- VIDEO: 'World of Color - Celebrate' Full Show with Outros
- VIDEO: The Force Awakens and Star Tours in 'World of Color - Celebrate'
- Life Through the Disney Lens
- Free Breakfast Offer with 4-Night Stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Universal's 25th anniversary concert series begins this weekend
- Jack the Clown returns to Halloween Horror Nights
- Onboard rebooking blackout dates updated for 2016 cruises
- Grizzly Peak Airfield is now open at California Adventure
- Parking and queue info for Disneyland's Diamond Celebration Kick-off
- New additions announced for Disney Springs
- Blog - Review: "Tomorrowland" perfectly channels Walt Disney's philosophy and spirit
- Blog - Top 5 ways to be a good guest at Walt Disney World - Do's and Don'ts
- Blog - Star Wars Weekend Merchandise Hits the Shelves
- VIDEO: Star Wars Weekends 2015 Food, Merchandise and More!
- VIDEO: Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2015
- Schedule of events for Coolest Summer Ever 24-hour party
- Special food items for Disneyland's 24-hour Diamond Celebration kick-off
- Full schedule for Star Wars Weekends
- Chef Mickey's to add brunch beginning May 31
- A Monstrous Rock Your Coolest Summer: A Guide to 24 Hours at Disney
- What Haven't I Done at Disney?
- Additional dates added for Adventures by Disney Danue River Cruises
- Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast
- Free transportation offer at Aulani
- Star Wars Rebels: The Ultimate Guide to show at Hollywood Studios
- Top 10 Most Featured Movies at Walt Disney World
- Store operating hours adjusted for Downtown Disney West Side
- Disneyland Good Neighbor Packages start at just $99 per night
- Animal Kingdom's TriceraTop Spin begins 2-week rehab
- Military discount available on 7-night Eastern Caribbean Disney Cruise
- Shipboard credits offered by Dreams Unlimited Travel
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update May 2015
- Dates for 2015 Holiday Cruises on Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Channel and Disney XD stars to be at Coolest Summer Ever event
- November 2015 park hours released for Walt Disney World
- Construction at Downtown Disney to cause road closures
- Universal and Nintendo partnering up for theme parks
- Universal Orlando announces Skull Island: Reign of Kong attraction
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani
- Something huge is on the horizon - Kong announcement coming tomorrow
- Rebel Hangar: Star Wars Lounge Experience planned for Star Wars Weekends
- Blog - A Look Back: Walt Disney World's Swan and Dolphin Hotels
- My Perfect Day at Walt Disney World
- Universal theme parks see significant increase in first quarter revenue
- Disney Pin Trading: The Perfect, Collectible Souvenir
- Disney Cruise Line offers Florida resident discounts
- Discounted Disney Cruise Line rates released for the general public
- Sneak Peek of "Inside Out" film coming to Epcot
- The Fairy Godparents of the Parks
- Walt Disney World on a Budget
- Disneyland adds Avengers-themed items at Pizza Port
- Blog - Express Food Ordering Test At Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disneyland confirms May 9th return for Hatbox Ghost
- Reopening of Mattherhorn Bobsleds and Peter Pan's Flight delayed
- Happy 26th Birthday to Disney's Hollywood Studios!
- May merchandise events for Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World adds more allergy-friendly menus
- Disney Character Review - Gaston
- Twisted Colossus opens at Magic Mountain on May 23rd
- Discount offer on premium Disneyland Resort rooms extended
- New a cappella group to perform on America Gardens Theatre Stage
- Disney Cruise Line Military discount available
- Registration now open for the 2016 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events.
- Trader Sam's now officially open at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Big Thunder Mountain begins 4 day rehab
- Walt Disney World FREE DINING Basics and FAQ's
- Getting to grips with MyMagic+
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015