5.1 earthquake felt at Disneylandby Leah Zanolla
Mar 29, 2014
An earthquake near Los Angeles was felt at the Disneyland Resort on Friday, March 28 during the Fantasmic! show, right after The Sailing Ship Columbia had fired its cannon. The show was stopped and cancelled, but the second showing went on as scheduled. The evening fireworks show was cancelled. All the rides were temporarily closed, but several reopened by 10:45pm.
Disneyland guests began posting about the experience on social media. Some of the posts mentioned that guests weren't allowed in the parks for a period of time and that the park began clearing out after the earthquake was felt.
The earthquake was reported as being a 5.1 magnitude and the shaking continued for about 15 seconds. Multiple aftershocks were felt for some time.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.