Changes made to Disney's brand-new ride, Luigi's Flying Tiresby Leah Zanolla
Aug 17, 2012
A change has already been made to one of the attractions at the two-month old Cars Land at Disney California Adventure. Luigi's Flying Tires will have the brightly colored beach balls removed from the ride. On the attraction, guests are basically on a giant air hockey table, sitting on large tires that "hover" over the surface. When visitors lean to the side, they cause the vehicle to move. When the ride opened, it had giant beach balls that guests could hit with their tires or throw to each other, both as an extra component to the game and to add a festive look.
Disney thinks these beach balls were causing wait times to suffer, because people stopped to get balls before they had even boarded their ride vehicle. According to California Adventure's vice president Mary Niven, there were also a few "minor incidents" of people getting hit by the balls. She said, "We just thought it was going to be more fun."
The ride vehicles should also move faster soon, because some weight is being removed from the bottoms. When the vehicles were developed, a joystick was in the design, but in testing, riders were confused about how to operate it. They were ultimately removed, but the 20-pound "spin-control infrastructure" is still in place. The ride will remain open during this change and should be completed by September.
Of the rides in Cars Land, Luigi's Flying Tires is the least popular, so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference after these changes have been made.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney? - Do you prefer to take more frequent shorter trips or long trips less often?
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS