Disneyland Resort honored for their soap recycling programby Leah Zanolla
Mar 12, 2013
The Disneyland Resort has been honored for their efforts in working with the Clean the World Foundation, Inc. Clean the World is an international organization that collects partially used soaps and shampoos from hotels and after sanitizing and repackaging them, sends them around the world to people in need. All the Disney hotels in Florida and California participate in the program; housekeepers voluntarily collect these items. Shawn Seipler, CEO and co-founder of Clean the World, was on-site last week to announce the honor. In 2012, the three Disneyland hotels donated almost 20,000 pounds of bath products, making them the top donator in California.
Pilar Hamil, general manager of the Disneyland Hotel, said, "The passionate, voluntary support of our housekeeping cast members is what makes this program successful at the Disneyland Resort. They have brought this program to life at our hotels and thousands of lives have already been changed because of them."
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books
- How Disney saved my life after my child lost hers
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Neil Patrick Harris to co-host World of Color: Celebrate! - Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will host the new World of Color: Celebrate! when it opens May 22nd.
- Disneyland Resort ticket prices increase - Disneyland ticket prices have increased as expected, but the elimination of most parking ad-ons was a surprise.
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
More Info DISNEYLAND HOTELS
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS