Disneyland Resort honored for their soap recycling programby Leah Zanolla
Mar 12, 2013
The Disneyland Resort has been honored for their efforts in working with the Clean the World Foundation, Inc. Clean the World is an international organization that collects partially used soaps and shampoos from hotels and after sanitizing and repackaging them, sends them around the world to people in need. All the Disney hotels in Florida and California participate in the program; housekeepers voluntarily collect these items. Shawn Seipler, CEO and co-founder of Clean the World, was on-site last week to announce the honor. In 2012, the three Disneyland hotels donated almost 20,000 pounds of bath products, making them the top donator in California.
Pilar Hamil, general manager of the Disneyland Hotel, said, "The passionate, voluntary support of our housekeeping cast members is what makes this program successful at the Disneyland Resort. They have brought this program to life at our hotels and thousands of lives have already been changed because of them."
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS