Disneyland hotels honored for environmental effortsby Leah Zanolla
Mar 21, 2014
Two of Disneyland's onsite hotels, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, have been honored by the California Green Lodging program. This environmentalist certification is given to less than one percent of hotels in Orange County. To receive this distinction, hotels are audited on "water and energy conservation, waste minimization and recycling, and pollution prevention." The hotels at the Disneyland Resort excel in this, having come up with some interesting solutions to stay "green." Plastic hotel keys are recycled and used cooking oil is the fuel for many of the theme park's attractions. The hotels have joined with Clean the World Foundation to sanitize and repackage partially used soaps and toiletries into hygiene products that can be sent around the world to people in need.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- Disneyland adds Avengers-themed items at Pizza Port - To celebrate the release of the newest film, Pizza Port will feature several dessert items themed to the Avengers, plus an Iron Man mug.
- Disneyland confirms May 9th return for Hatbox Ghost - Disneyland has confirmed May 9th as the opening date for the previously announced return of the Hatbox Ghost to the Haunted Mansion.
- Reopening of Mattherhorn Bobsleds and Peter Pan's Flight delayed - Disneyland has confirmed that the reopening of Matterhorn Bobsleds is being delayed by about a week to May 22nd, while the reopening of Peter Pan's Flight is delayed nearly six weeks to July 1st.
- Twisted Colossus opens at Magic Mountain on May 23rd - Twisted Colossus, a revamp of the classic wooden coaster, will open at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Southern California on May 23rd.
- Discount offer on premium Disneyland Resort rooms extended - Save up to 20% on Premium Rooms at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort. Book now through 05/21/15 for select weeknights through 06/16/15.
- What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney? - Do you prefer to take more frequent shorter trips or long trips less often?
- World of Color Late-Night Breakfast Package for the 24-Hour Party - In addition to their normal lunch and dinner packages, California Adventure will be offering a late-night breakfast World of Color package on May 22nd/23rd with reserved viewing for a 3am show.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS