Disneyland to host Tinker Bell Marathon Weekendby Leah Zanolla
Apr 19, 2011
runDisney has been posting clues since March 23 on their Facebook page about a new race announcement. Fans have been watching and trying to figure out the ten clues, hoping they would be able to figure out the new race before the announcement was made, but unfortunately, the clues have been fairly vague.
Today, the big reveal came with the news that Disneyland would be hosting the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend January 27-29, 2012. Registration is now open for the new event, which will include the Tinker Bell Half Marathon, the Never Land Family Fun Run 5K, and Disney Kids Races. Like the Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World, this event is focused on women, but men are able to participate. They may not be eligible for awards in most categories, but according to runDisney's website, there is one co-ed team option. This team will consist of one male and one female and a note says that males will be eligible for awards in this category.
The Never Land Family Fun Run 5K is a nighttime race, beginning at 10:30 pm on January 27th. This course takes runners through the Disneyland Resort and is a great way to get ready for the longer Half Marathon later in the weekend.
The Tinker Bell Half Marathon will be a women's focused 13.1-mile race on January 29th on a course winding through the Disneyland Resort and the city of Anaheim. Like in other Disney races, runners will be greeted along the way with Disney character cheering them on.
The Disney Kids Race will be held on January 28th at Disney California Adventure and are a fun addition to any Marathon Weekend. Kids will be able to earn their own race medal and have a few races to choose from. Babies are even eligible for these races, with crawlers under 1 year of age participating in a Diaper Dash. Kids ages 1-13 have several different options, from a 100m dash all the way up to a 1-mile run.
While certainly not what the Facebook fans were expecting, this Weekend will certainly garner interest and brings another much-needed fitness event to Disneyland.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- Succumbing to the Charms of Hong Kong Disneyland - Not surprisingly, the park has many things in common with the other two "Magic Kingdom" style parks I have visited, and it also has many features that make it unique.
- Disneyland announces Diamond Celebration Merchandise Event - The Disneyland Resort has announced a merchandise event to take place May 20 and 21, just before the Diamond Celebration kicks off.
- Save up to 20% on Premium Rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Save up to 20% on Premium rooms at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort select weeknights this Spring.
- Spring Time Roundup 2015 at Big Thunder Ranch - Check out Spring Time Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch where you can meet the Easter Bunny, Mickey and Minnie in their finest Spring outfits and Disney rabbits including bunny Pluto!
- Disney Visa cardholders - Save 25% at Disneyland Resort Hotels - With this new offer, Disney Visa cardholders can save 25% on weeknight stays at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Menu for the re-themed Smokejumpers Grill at California Adventure - This was formerly the Taste Pilots' Grill.
- Smokejumpers Grill now open at California Adventure - Smokejumpers Grill is now open at California Adventure in the former Taste Pilots' Grill location.
- Five Guests who turn into Disney Villains
- Driving to Disney - do you drive overnight or during the day?
- Springtime Roundup begins March 20th at Disneyland - Disneyland Park's Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree is the home to the Springtime Roundup where guest can meet the Easter Bunny (and other famous Disney rabbits).
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Best Western Park Place Inn
- New Spring menu at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe - Jolly Holiday Bakery Café at Disneyland Park has a new menu that includes a roast beef & bleu cheese sandwich and a sun-dried tomato Caesar salad.
- Blog - Review: "Cinderella" is impressive, but was it and "Frozen Fever" necessary?
- Smokejumpers Grill opens March 20 at California Adventure - As part of the re-theming of Condor Flats to Grizzly Peak Airfield, Taste Pilots Grill re-opens March 20th as Smokejumpers Grill.
- St. Patrick's Day at Disneyland's Downtown Disney - For St. Patrick's Day, several of the restaurants in Downtown Disney will have special menu items. Entertainment will be offered near the WonderGround Gallery.
- Disneyland's Innoventions closes March 31st - Disneyland has announced that Innoventions will be closing on March 31, 2015.
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS